Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    I really cant get over how boring this game is to me :( I only keep playing because I want to see more graphics. The gameplay is such a yawn and I dont think it can get anymore reptitive. I guess this is just one of those games that must be fueled by nostalgia since I never played diablo 2
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    I really do feel like the starting difficulties are such a bad representation of what the game ends up being, especially when you consider how long it takes.

To take an example to an extreme it would be akin to playing Frogger without the cars killing you. When all skills have equal viability and damage isnt a great concern then theres no real distinction between classes. Only when you get to ~Hell does it start to shine and you need to be present of mind, move out of the fire / abilities and time your skills rather than throw your face at the keyboard.

When your game is repetitive grind for ~10+ hours before theres any kind of difficulty its not the best way to get people interested when the gameplay is actually richer than that.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Define noobs. If we havent played some Chinese grind fest with Anime figures with isometric play style called Diablo V, you are right. We are noobs.
    Racist? Judgmental against other gameplay types? Insulting people who like Anime?

Can't tell what the point was honestly :/
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Still having a blast! Slowly but surely grinding through the campaign and I keep finding other things I like about the game. Skillset is starting to get really advanced now that I have so much to choose from. Also just got the jeweler ability. Remove gems from sockets?! YES PLEASE! What an awesome feature!

Can't wait to beat this sucker and work on a different hero-type. Only problem is just how much time I can rationalize spending on this game :p It CALLS to me...
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Do we know if Blizzard will be selling the art book anytime soon? I don't even think they sell some of their other books like the SC2. But i really like the D3 one.
  • ZacD
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    slipsius wrote: »
    I JUST got an authenticator, using my iPhone (why pay when you dont have to?) When I went to link it to my account, it popped up asking if I wanted to authenticate every time. I clicked yes. :) I hope I never lose my phone. lol

I bought my authenticator back when my WoW account got hacked like... 3 years ago. It USED to require the authenticator every time, but they switched it without my approval (same w/my fiance). That is what I'm pissed about.

It's good at least that if you're a new buyer they give you the option. I was never told they were going to fuck w/my security settings.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    Racist? Judgmental against other gameplay types? Insulting people who like Anime?

Don't bother with him; he's a troll.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Are you able to change it back, Haiasi? Should be an option in your bnet account.

Also, the new authenticators for smart phones are free, incase anyone is interested.
  • Rens
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Ace-Angel wrote: »

Wasnt being racist actually. My point was, if there is a game developed in usa that has good potential. Chances are, there are going to be more modified versions of it made in China or Korea.

doesnt matter where the actual game stands. Even you know that.

I wasnt trolling or being a dick either.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Rens: Nice shirt :P! Unforunately Error 37 was happening too late at night to go outside.

Slipsius: I gotta wait to get home to do it because logging in to your Bnet account online requires the authenticator every time, but logging in to D3 does not.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Haha my first drop in hell, a set item :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Haha my first drop in hell, a set item :)
    NICE!
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    frell wrote: »
    I really cant get over how boring this game is to me :( I only keep playing because I want to see more graphics. The gameplay is such a yawn and I dont think it can get anymore reptitive. I guess this is just one of those games that must be fueled by nostalgia since I never played diablo 2

You're not alone. But I'm a bit bored because it IS just like Diablo 2 (and I played enough of that! You'll probably find D2 repetitve as well), at least in SP mode. Plus my wrist and click-finger really hurt after a while ;)

I do appreciate the level of polish and the graphics though. That's really absolute top quality here. I'm a bit disappointed that the rest feels just so similar - it's more of the same (with better gfx) than a real successor. But that might be quite intentional on Blizz's part.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    act 3, in the tower, has some of the best enviro's ive seen. Crazy cool / good.

also, Im just gonna go out and say it.... I'm not a fan of Diablo's design.... I think they did a much better job with some of the other bosses.

I havent actually faught him yet, but Ive seen him.

Cinematics are boner inducing.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    frell wrote: »

Do you hate like every game? lol :poly122:
  • Carbon14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carbon14 polycounter lvl 10
    I can't get over how put off by the graphics I am. Most of my friends have bought this but I am shallow and cant get over the fact that it looks like I have to become a shiny glow stick with spikes by the end of the game.

Does anyone have any pictures of High level armor that looks, stylish, sleek, realistic, etc? Something with an ounce of subtlety?
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    You don't really get to see your character much with blood and vfx everywhere, late game you are going to be buying stuff based off the stats, not how it looks. Stuff does start to look over the top at level 45+, and gets really extreme farming inferno. I can't say I love or hate the characters, but you'll be missing out on the amazing vfx and environments this game has to offer, its level of polish can't be beaten.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Diablo is all about spikes. Just look Diablo himself... or just tell yourself that it's all part of some really clever and well pulled through art direction ;)
  • Shaffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My Monk has always looked badass, while my Wizard has always looked like a clown even having the best gear from the AH.

Wiz41.pngMonk51.png
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Shaffer looks like a luchadore knight.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Hell difficulty is so goddamn hard. But it's fun! I managed to push my way through to Act 2. Lvl 53.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    BillyOcean needs some dyes to overcome the clown look.
  • tupwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I suppose if you really hate the spikey look you could use the invisibility die on your gear and head out in your pants :)
    Was fortunate to play with two public game wizards last night who knew how to play and we one shot the butcher. Very satisfying indeed! Found out today I have most of the mats for the cow level staff and the recipe to make it too. Might go on a farm run for the left overs later!
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    Does anyone else think Diablo feels VERY feminine? Especially his walk? I miss his old design, I remember him as basically being a t-rex from hell.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's fully intentional since
    Leah is the vessel for his soul
    . Don't really like the design though. When I think Lord of Terror I don't really imagine a catwalk strut and trim feminine waist.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Alright :( Spoiler tags don't work on the email notifications. Guess it's time I unsubscribe from this thread until I beat it before more is ruined...
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eh, it was obvious it would be the case ever since they introduced her. Diablo is all about the bad ending.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ya, I dont like diablos design either. They can say it was intentional all they want. The cinematic going into act 4 clearly says
    "Show your true form"... not "show the form of your vessel.

Finally going after diablo. Gotta get there first. Im having a bitch of a time though.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I guess it's an Aliens kind of thing, where the vessel determines the final form. Which is honestly dumb, but whatever. I'm more concerned with the stupid Shdaow World intervention in the final bossfight. Just make it a straight up brawl and make his red lightning rape everyone.
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    lol spoilers for Diablo... now I've seen everything.

Let me guess, there's a big evil devil that you, the hero, kills at the end of the game. There are also demons as bosses leading up to that point.

Did I just blow your mind with my psychic powers?
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    lol spoilers for Diablo... now I've seen everything.

Let me guess, there's a big evil devil that you, the hero, kills at the end of the game. There are also demons as bosses leading up to that point.

Did I just blow your mind with my psychic powers?

lol, you pretty much spoiled almost all the games. Thanks alot, I wont buy the Darkness 2, Starcraft 2 HOTS, GW2 , etc.

I will be waiting for Thief 4 regardless because I've been waiting for that for years now.:shifty:
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    aww, c'mon, you can reduce every story down to simple building blocks - there are spoilers for Diablo 3, especially compared to the sparse stories in I & II.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    D3.jpg

female mage doesnt look too silly
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    One of Diablo's main traits has always been about killing monster after monster and looting like crazy, that's just the style of the game... its not for everyone and can be repetitive. Similar situation with WoW and Guild Wars, some people say they enjoy WoW a lot more and some visa versa. Guess its an acquired taste :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    What are peoples thoughts on the auction house? I personally love these games because of the chase for loot. Finding my own stuff and using it. Not just buying the best stuff and killing for no reason. But, I keep hearing more and more that you HAVE to use AH or you`re screwed in nightmare because stuff your level just doesnt drop.

Any thoughts?
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have not used it at all... i friend here at work says that as soon as things refresh they tend to already be sold and its hard to get anything.

So i dunno... its not in my best interest to go and take away stuff that i can craft or loot or find by playing the game. I guess once the pvp starts then some people migth want specific items for their characters. But i don't really do pvp.
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    Playing as a Barbarian I find it useful for buying weapons. I have bought some really nice weapons for 15-20,000 gold, so quite cheap. Also square gems are quite cheap, about 12,000, but REALLY pump up your stats. I find it useful, though I was also a fan of the AH in WoW.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    At least, i have the game! i will be playing in the EU servers with some friends and my brother.

I will start with a DH.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    You can quite comfortably get to Inferno without really having to use the auction house, at least that was the case with me and the other 5 people i play with. Then again we essentially have 5x the chance of finding loot for each other but that being said our gear wasn't that great when you compare it to what is now available.

I can see saturation becoming a problem with diablo's auctionhouse, especially when you look at how the gems work;

Basically the quantity of gems can ONLY increase, if you think that each character will need about 10 total of the top quality gems then when that is met the market will get absolutely flooded. I dont really understand enough of how economy works to understand that as a concept though, the gems is another area that Torchlight got right as you'd either lose an item or the gems socketed... its a bit punishing but it works.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    The top 3 tiers of gem cannot be found, only crafted, and they are expenisve to craft, so the tiers before it should be cheap, but those shouldn't really drop much. They can always change it so unsocketing breaks them.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I just want to say that my two roommates and I are all level 56+ on Act 3 of Hell difficulty with who knows how many hours played and none of us has found a single legendary item... fuck this game!

I found my first one today during my lunch at work. Im still on normal... Found it in a destroyable item in act 4. haha
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    found a leg bow within the first 4 hours of playing the game in a stump. its all luck man. get some magicfind, but even then...with 100% MF you go from say... .2% chance to .4% chance. I think its good theyre keeping them rare.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Found a legendary ring on my first normal run, I'm on hell now and I haven't found anything else.

Also, 6.3m copies sold first week! Gz Blizz and everyone who worked on it :D
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've found now 4 legendary items, that are really not so great. Except for a chain mail for my barb. The rest just seem weak for being legendary weapons. I am a level 26 barb and have not run through the whole game yet. I think my magic find is at around 40%
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    It's like D2 vanilla.

The Unique items were pretty sub-par for the most part (Aside from SOJs and Magefists). It wasn't until LoD came out that the Uniques were proper 'end-game' gear.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So is there talks or rumors about an expansion for D3 already?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Havent seen any set items yet either. I hope they didn't reserve all the set items for Inferno difficulty... A few friends have been farming act 1 inferno, and said that they have been getting great items w/ the nephalim valor buff.

saw they're fixing Monk's Boon of Protection ability, which is good.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    moose, did you actually do the math on the monks skill?

15% of 100,000 health = 15000 shield
    In Act II Inferno I get hit for 19,000 - 30,000 by normal mobs with attacks every ~1second
    The energy for the mantra is 50

They've reduced it to a 1000 shield.

It's a temporary stupidly heavy handed fix and they say they have to rework it.

The only monk thing that warrented fixing as such was the immunity thing, and the conditions for that to be overpowered required skill, It's like people moaning about the AWP in counterstrike oneshotting people without considering it requires aim.

And yes, there are set pieces below inferno, theres a really good level 40 craftable set which a friend was lucky enough to find.