Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    @aajohnny - Nope you don't suck, DH is pretty challenging to play, not like these monk cheesers :P Nice armor set :O
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    ceebee wrote: »
    I dont have enough Polycounters on my friends list. ADD ME YO: ceebee#1142

52 Demon Hunter in Act 1 Hell B]

This might help. Add yourself to the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aiinv_h0QNjzdGNKckd0dXByZ0F2Y1dGWk1lUFQ0V0E&pli=1#gid=0
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Theres a couple of things i'd love to see tweaked / added eventually, which is something that Torchlight got right(and presumably torchlight 2 will get right)

With the way that you replay it via the storyline you end up losing a lot of what the randomization should offer, there are times when zones have at least ~40% of the same sections because of the story elements > Go east for this, and things to that effect. Inferno too is tied to the acts and uses those to scale the difficulty theyve essentially created an endgame "goal", which would be to gear up so one can defeat diablo.

Granted, gear for gears sake can come AFTER killing diablo... however because he exists and its scaled toward that it becomes the main challenge, i.e. once you've killed Diablo on Inferno then Act I - III are inferior compared to your gear... so why go there? whether or not this is that bad is open to debate, it just seems that its not the point of a randomly generated dungeon crawler.

These "problems" could be solved with a Torchlight system of the randomly generated floors just getting incrementally harder as you go down, that way you have the freedom to change tilesets more dynamically and remove the limitations imposed by the story.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Played a bunch of public games on the weekend just to test, definitely needs a mode that doesn't involve going through the same story (that everyone just skips through anyway after their first playthrough)

And I wish I rolled a caster class instead, the other 3 classes are EVERYWHERE :/ Plus I am kinda playing my monk as a caster anyway, that bell aoe thing is pretty good but haven't played the other classes so can't really compare how good it really is (it's strong enough to kill most crap-mobs in 2 casts on nightmare)

It's satisfying to be able to wipe out packs of mobs in an instant, till you reach hell and find that your aoe spam is useless vs elite mobs and you are consistently finding yourself running around waiting for cooldowns or just dying...

That's when you decide to change your build to one of the many immortal solutions :p I'm glad it took me so long to discover how "mantra spamming" breaks the game, 2handing was fun while it lasted :)
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    Finally I'm on Infero (Took me roughly 42-3 hours to hit 60 and 46 to get to inferno.)! I built a pure DPS demon hunter and figured my friends could just tank while I did the DPS. Hah, that didn't really work since mobs just seem to randomly attack whatever they want. But hey, they hit like trains I hit like trains. It's just a matter of who hits first.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Loving the game so far, environments are gorgeous and varied, skills are pretty neat too. Currently soloing Nightmare as a Barbarian and finding quite easy apart from the odd unique monsters I run into.

ark#1303 on EU if anyone wants to add me.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    so is inferno any difficult to play? im on hell and its still to easy. i dont even have good gear.
  • Adam Curtis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adam Curtis polycounter lvl 16
    Yea same, in nightmare at the mo, had no issues difficulty wise. Although playing with a witch doctor mate, got quite a good setup.

I used to love joining trading servers in diabalo 2 - haggling with actual people is so much more fun than just looking down the list in the auction house. Pretty sad that you cant really do this anymore :(
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Act II Inferno, the wasps at the start that shoot out 4 little insects.

They hit for 20500.

You will die a lot on inferno.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Jackwhat wrote: »
    Act II Inferno, the wasps at the start that shoot out 4 little insects.

They hit for 20500.

You will die a lot on inferno.

wow, Act II on normal and those little bugs can take me out pretty easy - but they're easy to dodge and my AOE knockback bounces them away.

I heard someone saying the Demonhunter is overpowered, is it at high levels because I made a Demonhunter as my alt and I'm feeling a lot squishier than my Wizard. Could be because my Wizard is an AoE monster and I don't have to worry about getting swarmed too much.
  • tupwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been reading that the MONK ceases to be capable of DPS mid Hell and is just a tank onwards. Certainly felt like it was going that way last night. Oh well was getting bored of hitting my bell anyway. Will go for a ranged character for a while I think!
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    My monk is 18 my witch doctor is 23, so not far into the game. Had a fun fight with a yellow boss last night though.

Used Hex to summon my wee tiki shaman, who then turned it into a chicken
    Blasted chicken
    Mob pops back after a few seconds
    Chicken
    Blasting
    Mob pops back after a few seconds
    Chicken
    Blasting
    Dead
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    hehe... i still have plenty to go, but i compiled my stats and what not into a screengrab. Any thoughts or suggestions. Barbarian level 21, and i am having a lot of fun cleaving through enemies! my earthquake which i just unlocked is way awesome. Takes health away from any mob or boss super fast.

MF0bi.jpg
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    It doesn't get too hard until nightmare, in normal if you get a nice weapon you quickly feel almost op, but nightmare you need an awesome weapon + gear to servive, where is the short skills page? I'd start building items that have +30(or more) strength and vitality.

Also I noticed in hardcore monsters have more abilities, guys that spawn things spawn 3 at a time, some mobs will shoot spines that they don't do until later acts, ect ect, its definitely not normal mode again.

Also Diablo 3 "yard" units defined

D3_Distance_Map.jpg
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Is it just me or does the monk seem OP? Ive played through act 1 on monk, wiz and witch. The monk, although I die a decent amount, I find kills shit really damn easy. I only think its OP while saying i die a lot becuase i take on as many guys as possible. Where as with the witch and wiz, i find i have to hit and run a lot. Well, witch you kinda just stay back and throw spiders, but they dont kill too fast.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    slipsius wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the monk seem OP? Ive played through act 1 on monk, wiz and witch. The monk, although I die a decent amount, I find kills shit really damn easy. I only think its OP while saying i die a lot becuase i take on as many guys as possible. Where as with the witch and wiz, i find i have to hit and run a lot. Well, witch you kinda just stay back and throw spiders, but they dont kill too fast.

A lot of people have said Monk is crazy OP, they can truly own :D
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    I'm finding wizard pretty interesting. I don't like the skill synergies (or lack thereof), but the jumble of skills can really come together for some interesting styles. Right now I'm playing him as a team-oriented rapist: Frost nova waves to stun so your team can initiate with less risk, then run back and go to town with Disintegrate while Familiar and Magic Sword boost your damage output. And if there are blue or gold enemies pop Archon and drill them with the laser beam (+1000% weapons damage!). Other than some of the tougher mobs and bosses it will absolutely eat everything in front of you for lunch.

Crap for soloing though, as tough monsters will just rush you before you can rape them. Needs someone up front to take the heat.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I wasn't planning on playing barb, but he has so many crit based skills so I think I'll try to use him on hardcore just building the crit chance/damage with items.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Dfacto: Funny you say the Wizard sucks for soloing, because this Wizard solo cleared Inferno.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/42866-i-beat-diablo-inferno-solo/
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13

On Hell and Nightmare he doesn't feel anywhere near as OP. He was pretty easy for Normal but by the time I hit the second half of Nightmare I was dying fairly often and had to switch to a very defense-oriented build. In Hell I keep running up against Arcane Vortex Wallers and dying again.

I am loving how their skill system isn't a traditional RPG system as respeccing to change up the way your guy plays as you find a strategy isn't working is pretty sweet.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, if you think your character is OP, just wait until Nightmare and Hell. You'll realize Normal is just noob mode.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Haiasi wrote: »
    Dfacto: Funny you say the Wizard sucks for soloing, because this Wizard solo cleared Inferno.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/42866-i-beat-diablo-inferno-solo/

No, I meant the build I'm using sucks for solo. I can see how the wizard could be uber tough to kill with the right build. But for now I'm content to just disintegrate enemies from behind my meat-shields. :D
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Does anyone know.... if your a wizard, you`re dealing magic damage. What stats affect you gaining health from each hit? # per hit? or % of dmg dealth? or what?
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    I was wondering about that. On my Barbarian I have weapons that say that 1.5% of the damage dealt is gained in life. And I have similar weapons on my witch doctor, but does that mean that 1.5% of all the damage I do as a witch doctor is returned in health?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor

I thought so too, and gloated earlier about it. Then the end of act3 and act 4 came along and told me i was wrong. I think i may need to rethink my build and tactics some, getting blown the fuck up in groups. Soloing isn't *that* challenging, but playing with others becomes very difficult with my current playstyle.

In the groups i played with last night, was envious of the wizard and demon hunter, being able to flee and stay at range w/o getting blown up by every single enemy in melee range. I may need to swap to a fleeing spell too.

thinking i may shift my focus from spir regen to dodge, see what that gets me.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Theres a sub 5k hp wizard build that A LOT of people are using and finding a lot easier (needs fixing), its based around health regen and NO vitality using the shield which stops damage at a certain %.

It wouldnt surprise me if it was fixed relatively soon as it makes for rather stupid itemization for wizards seeing as they end up with more suvivability than a Barb in Inferno.

Act II Inferno is hard as nails so in short dont worry about builds too much till then.

EDIT: Thinking about some of the difficulty with Inferno i think one thing that would help keep the afflictions skillbased rather than purely RNG would be to give Vortex a whirlwind channeled visual so people had something to react to.

The amount of instant deaths you get because of random vortex pulls into fire is stupid and one of the few afflix that aren't countered by skill/positioning (as a melee especially)
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Ah well. That didnt take them long.

"Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Hacks"

GO CHANGE YOR PASSWORDS!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/21/shout-at-the-devil-blizzard-acknowledges-diablo-iii-hacks/
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Stinger88 wrote: »
    Ah well. That didnt take them long.

"Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Hacks"

GO CHANGE YOR PASSWORDS!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/21/shout-at-the-devil-blizzard-acknowledges-diablo-iii-hacks/

get an authenticator!!!!!!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    moose wrote: »
    get an authenticator!!!!!!

people with authenticators got hacked too.

just sayin'
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Heh, thats lame. k nm! run for your livesssss!!!!!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    the people with authenticators who got hacked probably didnt have the "authenticate every time" checked off....
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    I think it just requires you to authenticate if you log in from a new location. Other then that it does it like once a week.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Only if you dont have authenticate every time checked. If you have it checked, then every time you log in, no matter what, it asks you to.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I think they changed that default too, mine (edit stupid iPhone) was set to always ask, and was changed with this game.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My fiance and I were wondering why it wasn't asking us for our authenticator every time. How fucking backwards is that??

If people are going to spend a little extra money for added security, don't fuck it up by trying to make it more convenient to log in. The whole purpose of the authenticator is to make it as inconvenient as humanly possible to log in to prevent account hacks.

derp derp derp

If this shit is still going on when the Real Money Auction House hits, people are going to start getting the bank accounts or credit card info stolen.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Are you noobs still playing Diablo 3?
    553492_239116972860165_101699653268565_383635_683335613_n.jpg
    Get with the times, man.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    lol. only in China...
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    hahahahahaha thats so funny
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    So what is actually in the box....?
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18

If this shit is still going on when the Real Money Auction House hits, people are going to start getting the bank accounts or credit card info stolen.

Battle.net already stores peoples card-info as far as I know.

I think, and from what I've read: this recent issue was related to sessions being hijacked in some ways and not the battle.net account, thus people being able to get to your diablo3 characters, but not your account, serious nonetheless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_hijacking
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    it doesnt store the entire credit card in a way people can access it

• ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    eld wrote: »
    Battle.net already stores peoples card-info as far as I know.

I think, and from what I've read: this recent issue was related to sessions being hijacked in some ways and not the battle.net account, thus people being able to get to your diablo3 characters, but not your account, serious nonetheless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_hijacking

Couple of people at work got hit, and they also wiped WoW characters in addition to hijacking Diablo characters, which suggests it isn't limtied to session hijacking.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    ambershee wrote: »
    So what is actually in the box....?

probably a knockoff game that looks like diablo / warcraft3 (pretty much 90% of all Chinese games look like that). Says on the box that it is in Chinese. So if that's your buying criteria you probably know little of the real Diablo anyway. Or it could be just Diablo I or II. The average Zhou here can't read roman number anyway, so the V might just appear as a design element anyway.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Was playing a bit then got kicked :( Guess I'll try later
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    My fiance and I were wondering why it wasn't asking us for our authenticator every time. How fucking backwards is that??

If people are going to spend a little extra money for added security, don't fuck it up by trying to make it more convenient to log in. The whole purpose of the authenticator is to make it as inconvenient as humanly possible to log in to prevent account hacks.

derp derp derp

I JUST got an authenticator, using my iPhone (why pay when you dont have to?) When I went to link it to my account, it popped up asking if I wanted to authenticate every time. I clicked yes. :) I hope I never lose my phone. lol
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya i heard someone mentioning people join public games and then boot others out of it, leaving them with other guys gamedata and via there retrieve what they need.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Jackablade wrote: »
    Are you noobs still playing Diablo 3?
    553492_239116972860165_101699653268565_383635_683335613_n.jpg
    Get with the times, man.

Define noobs. If we havent played some Chinese grind fest with Anime figures with isometric play style called Diablo V, you are right. We are noobs.

I prefer playing the actual game which in real world is on its 3rd part. Man I wonder what they have done to Deckard Cain. Killed him, brought him back to life, killed him again, brought him back to life, killed him brought him back as a sexy Chinese girl with white hair and big boobs. You know how Animes are right? :D
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Noob *points*
    Kwramm wrote: »
    probably a knockoff game that looks like diablo / warcraft3 (pretty much 90% of all Chinese games look like that). Says on the box that it is in Chinese. So if that's your buying criteria you probably know little of the real Diablo anyway. Or it could be just Diablo I or II. The average Zhou here can't read roman number anyway, so the V might just appear as a design element anyway.
    It's probably actually just Lord of Destruction. You can see that written in small print under the title, albeit mostly obscured by the grainy photo.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    I wonder though why they just don't rip it outright. What's the deal with making it look like something it isn't? I don't really get the impression that copyright enforcement is very though here
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    localisation probably, tweak it to suit the market.