Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Well, I had no hype for Diablo untill last night, when the internet started shitting their pants about it :P

I downloaded the client, installed it... and oh! It lets me play the first section of the game for free. Cool. I played through with a monk in about 4 hours, getting everything. Then smashed through it again with a demon hunter in 1 hour...

I might have to buy this game. But £45? fuck that!
  • chrismaddox3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrismaddox3d polycounter lvl 17
    If people don't like the price of the game.
    Why not sale some gold or etc in the auction house and make your money back.
    I know nothing about the auction house yet but may look into it.
    Can't wait till i have some time get going on Diablo III this week.
    Have it here sitting next to me but have work to get done.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    i dunno... i can justify the 60dll price so far. If you don't like the price, then there is not much you can do. SC2 is still selling for the same price. Unless there is some kind of sale you can hit, but those are hard to find with Blizzard.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    fearian wrote: »
    Well, I had no hype for Diablo untill last night, when the internet started shitting their pants about it :P

I downloaded the client, installed it... and oh! It lets me play the first section of the game for free. Cool. I played through with a monk in about 4 hours, getting everything. Then smashed through it again with a demon hunter in 1 hour...

I might have to buy this game. But £45? fuck that!

£33 on amazon
    [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diablo-III-PC-Mac-DVD/dp/B0030DH9R6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337104769&sr=8-1"]Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games[/ame]
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Yeah, you are not going to find blizzard sales, but there seems to be some variety in prices between stores in the uk and in AUS.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    This guy seems really chuffed to be part of the midnight launch...

http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/mark_of_valor/#!/gallery/most_recent/1353588

FOR TEH HORDE
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    This game is growing on me. I rolled a wizard however and had some trouble. All of the wizards attacks are based off his primary weapon. I didn't find a single wand or staff for nearly an HOUR.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    This game is growing on me. I rolled a wizard however and had some trouble. All of the wizards attacks are based off his primary weapon. I didn't find a single wand or staff for nearly an HOUR.
    Yeah my wizard sucked pretty bad until I unlocked the crafting guy and got a pretty sweet wand from him. That didn't take too long though.

Kind of like Mage-classes in past Diablo games, I feel like a Wizard will be weaker/harder to play when you just start out, but will have a bigger payoff at high levels. I'll just wait and see how that works out though, heh...
  • ZacD
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3.9 on metacritic so far, ouch alot of people complaining about the DRM and bugs already. I really wanted this but man another companies going shaddy with always on DRM crap. Ill pass

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    "Technical support

I had a slight issue where my mouse wasn’t working. At all. So I temporarily paused my adventure to visit the support forums. Here is a shot of Diablo III’s highly touted Battle.net website in action during launch day:

It turned out that I needed to reduce the text size in my screen resolution on my PC’s desktop to make the mouse cursor work in Diablo III. I blame myself though for not automatically knowing such an obvious solution to the problem I was having."

Well... that was useful tho... at home i had this issue. Weird eh?
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    nick2730 wrote: »
    3.9 on metacritic so far, ouch alot of people complaining about the DRM and bugs already. I really wanted this but man another companies going shaddy with always on DRM crap. Ill pass

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

Reminds me of Mass Effect 3. Super low user score but not bad on the critic score.

Also, I'm in. Add me mangs! Skylebones#1664
  • chrismaddox3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its so ironic, those who pirate and crack the game will be able to play. Where those who actually pay and buy cannot, so who wins? Not the buyers, if anything this just makes people want to pirate a game MORE.

Stupid DRM doesnt work STOP USING IT
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    You're just going to see tons of this shit more and more. The internet is like a giant snowball effect, one the collective mind starts trolling, it won't stop. Almost all of those negative reviews are just people whining as they play through the game 100 times. If the game was really a 3.9, why would they all play through 100 times? Because they're tard.
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    they're complaining cause they cannot play due to the DRM. I was debating between this and SINS of a solar empire, saw all this DRM crap and all the problem I literally just preordered sins cause they have no DRM.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I understand the DRM on this game, if you played offline they cannot allow you to switch an offline chracter to an online character without the risks of exploits and hacking locally.

Also people should of saw this coming after the open beta weekend.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    It's ironic you complain about DRM on a forum devoted the development of video games. Requiring online to play is a way to help make sure the devs get paid for the hard work they did.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Not impressed by the distribution; aside from having my preorder cancelled as it turned out they couldn't supply, everywhere is out of stock at the moment (high street and online). Or you can pay about %50 more to buy it digitally (nnnnnnnnoo). Just put in an order with Sainsbury's, but they estimate I won't have it until next week.
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    because im trying to change it.I couldnt disagree more, DRM causes so many problems and it flat out does not work. It causes more harm to the buyer, look at UBI they spent alot of time money and effort on DRM and lost a ton of sales from them. If someone wants to crack a game they are going to crack it.

People who download and pirate games were never going to buy the game in the first place, sp DRM only harms actually clients. DRM always gets cracked.

Trust me i believe we need to figure out a way to deal with piracy,but DRM is not the way it does not work. DRM never stops or dissuades someone its only a temporary stop measure till its cracked. DRM causes a whole slew of issues the the actual buyer case and point whats happening now
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Wow so people couldn't play for a few hours so give the game a 0... Why the fuck do we even care? So tired of the trolls... What can ya do though.

Waiting on my copy to show up in the office today. YAY!!!
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Haiasi wrote: »
    It's ironic you complain about DRM on a forum devoted the development of video games. Requiring online to play is a way to help make sure the devs get paid for the hard work they did.

...What?

Lets not start a piracy debate so please refrain from any of the heavy handed comments. At the end of the day the one thing that everyone should agree on is making the best possible product for the customer and this kind of downtime conflicts with that.
  • Irreal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irreal polycounter lvl 10
    The fans have spoken and, true to form, they are completely full of shit.
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    exactly jack, thats the point i was trying to make
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im sure once the rage wears down and people can play we will see actual reviews and not crying ones
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Mongrelman wrote: »
    everywhere is out of stock at the moment (high street and online). Or you can pay about %50 more to buy it digitally (nnnnnnnnoo).

Just curious but why are games from origin and battlenet more expensive to buy online rather than boxed when steam games are cheaper. Surely not having boxes and discs etc is cheaper in terms of production and distribution so why are gamers having to pay more? Im all up for the devs getting paid properly but I just dont see any valid arguments yet to pay more for online.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I saw Diablo III for 55 euro in a store today, I very much doubt Blizzard is selling the online copy for 75 euro... that would be about 88 dollars.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Steam games tend to be more expensive too, than online shops anyway.

Most online shops I've seen sell Diablo for about £32-£37, it is £45 from Blizzard direct. So not quite 50%, more like %40ish. It's still the most expensive version of the standard game that I've seen.

Then there's amazon, who seem to be the only people who have collector's editions in stock so have almost trebled the price (was £69.99 a few days ago, now £189.99).
  • Noodle!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noodle! polycounter lvl 8
    Damnit, I want to play the game already. Silly server errors.
    I wish there was an offline component.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    People complain about everything, idc about their reviews, I am enjoying the game :)
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    aajohnny wrote: »
    People complain about everything, idc about their reviews, I am enjoying the game :)

You're probably enjoying the game because you're able to play the game.

I think people have a valid argument that this is unacceptable. I've been attempting to log in all day, to no avail. Granted, I'm not angry enough to post a ridiculous review about a game that I can't play, but yeah, first impressions?...not so hot, if I can't play my single player game due to servers being down.

I have no doubt that the game itself is fantastic, but I understand the mass frustration behind this release.
  • chrismaddox3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After the beta test weekend.
    I knew it was would be a rough start the first few days or weeks.
    Over all the bad reviews on Amazon or etc are just stupid really.
    We all knew it would be like this at launch.
    Least i have other things to keep me busy while this is being fixed.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Haiasi wrote: »
    News flash, Diablo was SP playable about 2 weeks before the game came out, thank to the 'buffer' scene. So yeah...WTF are you talking about?

Also, DRM's don't generate revenues everytime you connect, they're just another layer of 'checkup' which could have been executed much better.

OT: Can't really say I'm surprised for the reviews, but you know what, maybe the game industry could do something about it? Like say, I don't know, have an ID generator for each customer, and ONLY people who bought the game can review after 48 hours?

Just saying, books, movies, games, music, comedy shows, all of them get zero bombed by angry trolls, stop acting like it's only happening to games.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Feel free to add me at Haiddasalami#1756. Got the last copy from EB!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I don't think it's really that unfair to complain about servers being down. For how long the game has been in development, and the clear communication of how many people want a single player, offline mode ever since they announced it would be online only. If the servers were only down for multiplayer, ok, stfu and play single player. But waiting this long, paying for the product and not being able to play it. In my eyes, it's unacceptable. Glitchy is one thing. Unable to play is another. Don't make a game purely online if you can't support it from day one. Though, giving it shitty reviews is also redonkulous.

That being said, I love the game. I havent played release yet, but I loved the beta, and I'm really busy this week, so I cant play anyways :(
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    what's causing the issues with people logging in? I've tried logging in twice today with no issue either time.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Who cares if trolls are giving the game a 0 at the end of the day. Doesn't seem like something that even deserves to be mentioned.
  • lluc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lluc polycounter lvl 14
    servidores_bliz.gif

Just for laugh!
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
    Andreas wrote: »
    I saw Diablo III for 55 euro in a store today, I very much doubt Blizzard is selling the online copy for 75 euro... that would be about 88 dollars.

Actually its more like 30% :P but i agree that's still quite the price hike
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    The fact that I got Max Payne 3 at the same time took the sting out of the servers going down. Finding it hard to complain about it.

"Damn, Diablo won't work... well, time to make some Brazilian thugs my bitch in super slow-mo!"
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i'm sure you'll all hate me for this. but every screenshot and video i see of D3 just feels so... bland. i mean, it's a completely non-intensive game (i'm sure they deliberately made it so it can be played by grandma on her 15 year old PC). but i don't understand why? it all just looks extremely out-dated and, dare i say it... uninventive?

there's not a single class that you can't point at another game and say "looks just like that". whether that's the nature of the beast in the classes themselves or not i don't know? but even the class choices just feel mundane and overdone.

i thought blizzard were supposed to be way up there in the games industry? paving the way for everyone else? i mean... that's what people tell me everytime i tell them they ripped off GW for about 80% of their warcraft stuff, but whatever.

the real question to me though: is this game really worth the price tag? a good 28% more expensive than the majority of other big name pc titles (where i live most pc games are £30, £35 for really "big" ones like crysis... and diablo 3 is £45). is it REALLY that good?
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I only created a battlenet account yesterday, mostly out of curiosity, and to be honest, I had a look at their store, and Diablo II is still 15 euros, which is too expensive IMO. And Diablo I isn't even available.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Really? Bland is probably the last word I would use to describe the game. High fidelity is probably the first that comes to mind, before fucking gorgeous - and then low poly.

Everything in the game has a sharp hand painted quality that looks miles ahead of its peers. Seriously, take one look at torchlight and then compare it to D3, both in 1080p. The UI has a level of polish I have simply never seen before.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    i'm sure you'll all hate me for this. but every screenshot and video i see of D3 just feels so... bland. i mean, it's a completely non-intensive game (i'm sure they deliberately made it so it can be played by grandma on her 15 year old PC). but i don't understand why? it all just looks extremely out-dated and, dare i say it... uninventive?

there's not a single class that you can't point at another game and say "looks just like that". whether that's the nature of the beast in the classes themselves or not i don't know? but even the class choices just feel mundane and overdone.

i thought blizzard were supposed to be way up there in the games industry? paving the way for everyone else? i mean... that's what people tell me everytime i tell them they ripped off GW for about 80% of their warcraft stuff, but whatever.

First and foremost polishers, they take recipies and refine them in ways other developers can only dream of. That and world of warcraft came out before guild wars, not that I would deny them borrowind good aspects from it.

Diablo3 has taken the real-time roguelike to the outer limits of streamlining and polish.
    the real question to me though: is this game really worth the price tag? a good 28% more expensive than the majority of other big name pc titles (where i live most pc games are £30, £35 for really "big" ones like crysis... and diablo 3 is £45). is it REALLY that good?

I think you've made up your mind there already.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I can point to other games and say "they saw the D3 preview in 2008 and copied that"

anyone that says the D3 Wizard copied Magicka is gonna get slapped
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Really? Bland is probably the last word I would use to describe the game. High fidelity is probably the first that comes to mind, before fucking gorgeous - and then low poly.

Everything in the game has a sharp hand painted quality that looks miles ahead of its peers. Seriously, take one look at torchlight and then compare it to D3, both in 1080p. The UI has a level of polish I have simply never seen before.

and then take a look at the budgets for both?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    eld wrote: »
    First and foremost polishers, they take recipies and refine them in ways other developers can only dream of. That and world of warcraft came out before guild wars, not that I would deny them borrowind good aspects from it.

Diablo3 has taken the real-time roguelike to the outer limits of streamlining and polish.

I think you've made up your mind there already.

GW = Games Workshop.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Geezus wrote: »
    You're probably enjoying the game because you're able to play the game.

I think people have a valid argument that this is unacceptable. I've been attempting to log in all day, to no avail. Granted, I'm not angry enough to post a ridiculous review about a game that I can't play, but yeah, first impressions?...not so hot, if I can't play my single player game due to servers being down.

I have no doubt that the game itself is fantastic, but I understand the mass frustration behind this release.

I know a lot of people that could play. Not saying its unacceptable that the servers are mostly unplayable, but people are giving it bad reviews because they don't like the art style? and low level caps, ect... that's what I mean by complaining about everything.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter

I've said it once and i'll say it again.... Diablo 3 is £33 on amazon. :)
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    GW = Games Workshop.

Oh that, that's entirely true, but they did it the blizzard way, ripping while creating something that is still pretty unique, much like everything they've done.