Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so depressing, but I really liked it.

GAH! It's all coming down to the wire!
  • sampson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sampson polycounter lvl 9
    what the fuuuck kill jin off for. my fondest memory is him hitting that fish on a rock at the start.

methinks sawyer and jack are even?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Very sad episode...

I think it does make it clear, Locke/smokey needs all the true candidates dead. He could sense that not all of them had died, probably because he wasn't able to leave (or whatever is suppose to happen to him).

I do wish some of the stuff hadn't been included, only because it felt like repetition and filler. It seemed like there were a lot of deliberate 'callback' lines, but I've got such a poor memory, I didn't make any connections. I could just tell by the delivery, that it was a callback.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Sad episode, but possibly the very best Lost episode ever, in my opinion.
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Some idiot at work decided to read out some spoilers to everyone in the office which mostly came true - nice for some dick to pretty much fuck-up 6 years invested in the longest plot ever.

Thankfully things didn't turn out totally the same, can't believe they killed of Jin and Sun. :(

..and I miss lawnmower man already, thought he was gonna make it. :(

How's smoky going to finish the job though, if he can't kill the candidates directly?
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Shit I shouldn't have read this thread! Though to be honest, I can't stand Jin and Sun...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Fucking AWESOME episode, but soooo sad. Sayid was a total surprise but wasn't devastating - neither was Frank - losing Jin and Sun made me tear up, though. Six years with the characters, it was so sad to see them go.

Next week looks dope, can't wait to see this all boil down to the end!
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    like i said, they are no good there, Jacob and Flocke are both a bit evil ish, or just jerk.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Looks like we'll find out more about them next week though. Should be cool.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll wrote: »
    like i said, they are no good there, Jacob and Flocke are both a bit evil ish, or just jerk.

Agreed...I kinda hate Jacob for not turning up on the sub and somehow saving Jin and Sun.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    perna wrote: »
    I still say Flocke may be the good guy, but you never know with this show.

been thinking that flocke is free will and jacob is fate, all the time travel stuff keeps them in one time line, they can attempt to change things but the island and jacob are there to make sure things happen as they've been seen to.
    would be why flocke has been called evil, as long as people can choose what they want to do, they can choose to be bad, while jacob decides who is good and evil because that's what has been decided for them
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    i'm startin to think, after talkin with some people that maybe jacob & man in black (valenzetti?) were originally from dharma! They somehow got caught in a loop in trying to figure out the equation to solve the end of the world. Valenzetti may have gone mad and can exist in all times (smoke). Would be a good reason as to why Darhma was there in the first place; maybe htey lost their two prized employees and wanted to recover them. Desmond could be the answer, and represent 0, who could balance/nullify the equation, Wittmore could be a different approach to solving a problem, and Jacob/MiB are the purist scientists.

*shrug*
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hahaha that would actually be class if they were Dharma employees... Flocke mentioned their 'mother' though, and she hasn't come into the story yet...nor have they explained their younger versions running around the island...hope they get to that soon.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...hope they get to that soon.

They kinda have to, don't you think?
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Is it over yet? I haven't seen a single episode of Lost. Was gonna wait till it's all over then watch them all. I only vaguely get the jokes other shows make about it.
    Oh, but which door to choose? That one can have fun, surprises, and a year's supply of Turtle Wax behind it.... (the prostitute opens the door, and a polar bear pounces on her) ... or the polar bear from Lost!
    - The Monarch.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dude Lost ROCKS!
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Wow I finally have caught up to the latest episode of lost last night. So sad :(

4th dimensional beings; ye old jacob and smokey?
  • Olszewsm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome ending to the series so far.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    I am wearing my Hurley T-shirt right now.

Last night's episode was awesome.

I wasn't too affected by what happened to Jin and Sun. I actually had a much stronger wave of emotion last episode when they reunited. During this episode it was just like, "Oh no, are they going to do that again? They can't, not with these characters..." And then they did do it. Just Lost killing people off again, nothing to see here. Now their daughter is going to join Kate's Orphanarium.

The crazy thing was the bomb though. Some friends and I tried to work it out. If they never tampered with it, it wouldn't have gone off, because Locke can't kill them. Even Sawyer tampering with it, it would not have gone off, because the Candidates can't kill themselves as evidenced by Jack and the dynamite. The only reason the bomb went off was because Sayid grabbed it and ran with it, as he's no longer a candidate. Locke had anticipated that Sayid would be the one to provide bomb expertise and try to mess with it, and being the one responsible for killing the others.

Another thing, was the C4 actually Widmore's or was it Richard's? There was a line of dialogue in an earlier episode where he said he was going to get bricks of C4; C4 specifically mentioned, to blow up the plane.

Really anticipating the finale. I don't think I will be sad to see it end. More happy, but I guess that rides on how it actually does end.:)
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    Why did the Locke even take the C4 off the plane if he wants them dead? Why not let them get on and blow themselves up? Hmmmm.....
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Whargoul wrote: »
    Why did the Locke even take the C4 off the plane if he wants them dead? Why not let them get on and blow themselves up? Hmmmm.....

because that's still his ticket off the island (supposedly)
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    ~ Still don't really understand how the bomb went off if Locke can't kill em and they can't kill themselves.

All I know is that Miles is awesome.

lost_characters_12.jpg
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Dreamer wrote: »
    ~ Still don't really understand how the bomb went off if Locke can't kill em and they can't kill themselves.

All I know is that Miles is awesome.

So long as they're candidates. Maybe Sayid lost his candidacy when he joined up with Smokey? We haven't seen Jacob in a while, so that's anyone's guess.

Can they kill each other? Technically Sawyer killed Sayid since he pulled the wires.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack said he believes Smokey cant them directly, he has to have someone do it. The bomb wouldn't have went off if nobody would have touched it (just like the dynamite). By Sawyer trying to defuse the bomb he initiated the actual bomb which could kill them all, and then sayid grabbed it to get as far as he could before it would blow.

Same exact thing that happened in the "Black Rock" when Jack knew the dynamite wouldn't kill them.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    The Sayid death was just... Random. Did he not think to just throw the damn thing in the hall and duck? The Sun/Jin death was unexpected too, simply because I still have no idea how she got so trapped there in the first place, it seems so... Odd... And Franks death made no sense, so I have a feeling hes not dead at all.

They also never really explained the sickness with Sayid or gave any conclusion to his story in that regard. Very strange...

With only 4 or so hours left now to round this story up I have a bad feeling they are gonna skimp on a lot of details :(
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's the thing though, Sayid didn't seem to have 'the sickness' near the end. Otherwise, I would have expected him to sabotage their escape, or not be so helpful/friendly in the sub. I think the 'sickness' was BS.

I am kinda curious how ANYONE will get off the island now. With Frank dead, I don't think anyone is left to fly the plane. Seems like smokey killed most of Widmore's people. Not sure if he still has someone in his team that can fly though.

Sawyer didn't trust Jack, because of the incident with the bomb and Juliet. That trust definitely wasn't going to happen.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    I think perhaps Sayid overcame the sickness once he let desmond live. I think that helped him gain back some of his humanity.

What is desmond now? Some kind of worm hole between the two dimensions?
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    he's in the well still.. :D
  • catstyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    last ep was amazing..
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium wrote: »
    With only 4 or so hours left now to round this story up I have a bad feeling they are gonna skimp on a lot of details :(

I don't expect them to answer every detail.

I think there will still be a lot of questions left unanswered, but I'm ok with that.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh and btw, they added an extra half hour to the finale..
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    oh and btw, they added an extra half hour to the finale..

WIN! :thumbup:
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There was something weird about Bernard in the alternate reality, how he remembered Lockes dads name so readily... he seems to be in on it like Faradays mom...hope to see what happens to him and Rose in the real reality anyways...
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    By the sounds of things two more than a 2 1/2 hour finale.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    One more on the 11th, another on the 18th, and the finale on the 23rd
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    i Guess i dont mind if they dont answer everything, I expect the ending to be Jack become Jacob and Fake lock stay as smockey... That would be the general expected ending.

I just hope were not doing the whole Purgatory shit. Id be very disapointed. Or they are in limbo or some shit.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll wrote: »
    i Guess i dont mind if they dont answer everything, I expect the ending to be Jack become Jacob and Fake lock stay as smockey... That would be the general expected ending.

I just hope were not doing the whole Purgatory shit. Id be very disapointed. Or they are in limbo or some shit.

Can't be any worse than being in an autistic kid's mind...

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/tv-bestandworstfinales/9/
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3 Alternate endings will be aired along with appearances by each of the major actors on the show on a Jimmy Kimmel special following the series finale of Lost.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=65823

Jimmy Kimmel is an awesome show as it is so I'm really excited about this! :)
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    LIVE FROM LOST.

WHat is this Light crap? Is that the magnetic field thingy? What their @mom@ was saying kinda feel like ALIENZ, I hope thats not the twist. ALIENZ BROUGHT THE LIGHT AND MADE A WEIRD ISLAND!

I figure out lost. I win
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    b1ll always wins.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    so. Okay, the Ghost hallucination dont come from Smokey? but the island? or they Alienz?

Why did fake mom said thank you after mib killed her? Was it because she live 5millions years and it was finaly over?

ALIENZ
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ALIENZ WTF LOST
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Gee, sounds like everyone in this thread is LOST
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    Finally now I know that the black smoke came from the white light...

:|
  • moof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moof polycounter lvl 7
    Well, the more we 'know' the less it makes sense.

Lost seems to work better the less is understood. The 1st season didn't ever give a feeling we'd be leading to this. Whatever, hopefully it all comes together at the end. I seriously thought, while this episode was interesting, that is was jarringly not a 'lost' episode. I hope the conclusion moves quickly. The pacing is getting all weird.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So where is Rose and Bernard? Also, if smokey is kinda in the right, why didn't he present himself and express his wishes to dharma/the losties decades ago? Or at least when he got a hold of Jacks dads body?

It was an ok episode, the 'light' thing isn't very fulfilling for me though. I'm rooting for smokey now...it's not as if he wants to get off the island to destroy the whole world. Also, lol at Jacob being a big mammies boy. I hate that bitch.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was really mixed on this episode. Some of this was pure crap, and other stuff was pretty cool to fill in the blanks.

Ok, first, now they've added this 'mom', which of course opens a new question of WTF she came from. Secondly, wtf is that light? That seems like lame answer to things, that it's the heart/soul of the island, like in humans, and if it dies, the whole world will. And that when mib floated down and was absorbed by it, he gets transformed into smokey?
    BTW, wtf aren't they giving him a name? Or stating it? My only hope is, that revealing his name will reveal a key part of this story, and that's why we haven't been exposed to it yet.

The cool stuff: Knowing who the two bodies are now. Seeing the wheel getting started, though I still don't get how it gets put in, since the bitch buried it again. Knowing that Jaboc and MiB actually really care for each other (or did until MiB killed their 'mom'). Oh, and isn't their 'mom' played by Katey Sagal (for some reason, I wasn't sure because of her appearance)? Who is also Locke's girlfriend/wife. Since he becomes smokey, I find it interesting that his GF is smokey's mom ;)

One other thing I think I put together is, if you're born on the island, you become a protector, and that is why the mom had such interest in the babies. Because she knew they were her replacements. Maybe that's why babies can't be conceived on the island, because you'd be able to create a replacement. Maybe even as far as, the last person born on the island, is automatically the protector, which is why MiB was 'always the one'. He was the second to arrive.... or maybe I've stoned, who knows.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, one more thing, without the mom, how do they know some of the stuff that they know now. Like, since she obviously lied to him, why does MiB still think it's impossible for him to leave? Or, why does he think he needs some of the losties, so he can leave? (or why do they need to be dead)
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here's a good recap notman, and no that's not katey segal. Locke's girlfriend is not the mom..

http://io9.com/5536860/last-nights-lost-was-cheesy--and-thats-a-good-thing?skyline=true&s=i
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not: They mentioned the mom before, Flocke mentioned her a few episodes ago. So kinda glad they covered her. I really didn't like her as a character though, thought she was kind of a cunt to be honest hehe. Also, I think she made it so mib couldn't leave the island herself...so she'd know. Dunno how he plans to get off the island now though...maybe he just can't leave through water. I hope he gets off though.

I would have preferred if Rose and Bernard were the corpses myself but at least they resolved it. I really did like the whole intro of the wheel though :) Wonder how the wheel eventually come about though, when Dharma built it. How did Smokey communicate to them to do so?