Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Ah, yeah, I see that Allison Janney (from the West Wing) played the mom. I didn't realize before how similar (IMO) she was to Katey Segal, even in the voice. I knew something wasn't lining up and obviously I know now ;) (I think this show is causing me to lose it)

And I recall them mentioning their mom, but I guess I was hoping they would cover her a little too, so new questions wouldn't be added. For instance, maybe she had landed on their island (like their real mom did), then went kind of nuts with the 'sickness', and became the protector. Basically, some way of creating the character without wondering how the hell she got there.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll wrote: »
    Why did fake mom said thank you after mib killed her? Was it because she live 5millions years and it was finaly over?
    ALIENZ
    There's probably some deeper meaning but if the son I spent 5 million years raising, stuck a knife in my heart and the only way I had to get back at him was to fuck with his mind, I probably would.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought she thanked him, because it finally allowed her to die and be done with the island. I can imagine immortality could do that to you ;) If, like everyone else, she couldn't kill herself, then she would have needed one of the kids to do that, and obviously Jacob wouldn't.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I just don't know how they are gonna wrap this all up in two and half hours...I mean we spent no time with the losties at all this week! There isn't enough time...I'M NOT READYYOU CAN'T MAKE MEEEEE!!!!
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So on the born-on-the-island = protector theory, I say Aaron is the actual new protector.

MIB thinks he needs to kill all the candidates so that there will be no new protector, ie. no one to stop him from taking/using the light and leaving, but everyone has forgotten about Aaron.

From wikipedia:
    In the Hebrew Bible, Aaron (pronounced /ˈɛərən/;[1] Hebrew: אַהֲרֹן‎ Ahărōn, Arabic: هارون‎ Hārūn), sometimes called Aaron the Levite (אַהֲרֹן הַלֵוִי), was the brother of Moses, (Exodus 6:16-20)[2] and represented the priestly functions of his tribe, becoming the first High Priest of the Israelites. While Moses was receiving his education at the Egyptian royal court and during his exile among the Midianites, Aaron and his sister remained with their kinsmen in the eastern border-land of Egypt (Goshen). Aaron there gained a name for eloquent and persuasive speech; so that when the time came for the demand upon the Pharaoh to release Israel from captivity, Aaron became his brother’s nabi, or spokesman, to his own people.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    and the twins were supposedly jacob and esau, there's tons of religious reference all pointing different directions.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That was the only issue with my theory; Aaron is no longer on the island (and was allowed to leave).

Why would he care if there is a new protector? Thing is, how does MiB even know he that something is keeping him on the island? And how does he know that the path he's taking is going to resolve that? The mom didn't explain those kinds of details to him.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think at one point Aaron was supposed to be important, but they just wrote that out.

Unless the fact that Kate took him off the island is significant...maybe that's why she was stripped of her candidacy...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, at one point, they were making every effort to abduct Claire, because she was pregnant with Aaron. Then, once he was born, they wanted to steal him. Then, she disappears and Aaron is left alone in the forest. It would be kind of nice to see a scene of how that supposedly played out, and what happened to Claire.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    Then, she disappears and Aaron is left alone in the forest. It would be kind of nice to see a scene of how that supposedly played out, and what happened to Claire.

Don't remember that happening...maybe aaron was the primary to replace Jacob, and Walt was No. 2.
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    How was Jacob visiting all the Lost cast in the real world if he's not allowed off the island?

Maybe smokey re-created the wheel.. the one that Linus turned to get to the dessert?
  • paulsvoboda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    paulsvoboda polycounter lvl 12
    I'm going to jump in here - I actually loved that episode. I understand the complaints against it but I thought it did well explaining a few things and, in usual Lost fashion, didn't outright explain things (especially the whys) but left some things open to interpretation.
    I'm pretty sure the their mother was the smoke monster before Smokie 2.0 (MIB) came about - she was there protecting the island (re: Cereberus).
    It explains how she was able to take out the whole village. And then also sheds light on why MIB stabbed her without her saying a word to him, much like how Sayid had to do the same to Locke. I wonder if she then was the one who led MIB to the other village in order to have him turn against her eventually 'freeing' herself of the island via death. I don't know.

Interesting about Aaron - in that case, did MIB order the others to capture Walt to replace him sine Walt, like MIB, was "special"? Or was that possibly Jacob.

I really enjoyed how many answers were in the episode but not 'told' to us, rather, they asked us to think a bit and then decide for ourselves.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson wrote: »
    How was Jacob visiting all the Lost cast in the real world if he's not allowed off the island?

Maybe smokey re-created the wheel.. the one that Linus turned to get to the dessert?

How? As far as we know he didn't have the oppurtunity till Jacks dad came onto the island...he can only manifest himself as someone who has been brought onto the island dead.

I was also wondering about the jacob off the island thing.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm pretty sure the their mother was the smoke monster before Smokie 2.0 (MIB) came about - she was there protecting the island (re: Cereberus).

See, now what would have been awesome, would be if she had turned into smoke to kill MiB, instead of smacking him into the wall. But, I guess they would have been concerned about confusing who smokey is (or why he's smoke now).
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Interesting episode and shows that flocke has every right to leave the island, if he wasn't a smoke monster. If the mother of Jacob and MiB, was smoke monster 1, wouldn't that mean that flocke would be in the same position and would have to choose someone else to be the next smoke monster? Just an idea. Also, it seems that the island needs opposites, black and white, to keep a balance of some sort, I wouldn't be surprised if Sawyer and Jack/Hurley were those opposites. Yin/Yang.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think smokey is like the island throwing an unhandled exception. Like the mother's "you can't kill eachother" running into "light ends your life". Unstoppable force + immovable object = smokey singularity.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, thats also made me think of something, the island is always a constant, whereas the people who go to the island are the variables. Where the hell is Richard?
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    hahah ive given up hope of seeing someone transform into smokie on screen, think that effect would be too high budget for the show :(

the 2 bodies in the cave with the falshback scene felt really forced, kinda like "hey look its was all planned from the start" shove this epic mythos down your throat, a little like they were stroking their own cocks.

overall that episode didnt really do anything for me, at this point in the series its so radicaly different from how it all began and seems to have lost most of its appeal to me, I just want to see it wrapped up nicely. I think its mainly because I just dont find the jacob/MiB storyline all that compelling. plus the main characters have all become so one dimensional and predictable. I miss the schemeing/swine sawyer from the 1st couple seasons.

dont get me wrong I still enjoy the series, but It just seems they are trying to create this epic mythology and cram too much in to tell a awesome character driven story like they used to.
  • NinthJake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, this thread brings me back.

I used to watch LOST when it was airing on TV here and I enjoyed the first two seasons but after that they really stretched out on the story which made it boring to watch. And TV4 didn't really make it all better either, it was always 10 minutes of LOST and then a five minute ad-break and then ten more minutes of LOST and then five minutes of advertising and then it just kept going on like that. In the long term it just becomes flat out annoying so I stopped watching it.

Though now I feel the urge to watch it again as it in the ground was a really good show. I will probably try to find some site where I can watch the episodes without the friggin commercials interupting every 5 seconds :P
  • moof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moof polycounter lvl 7
    NinthJake wrote: »
    Wow, this thread brings me back.

I used to watch LOST when it was airing on TV here and I enjoyed the first two seasons but after that they really stretched out on the story which made it boring to watch. And TV4 didn't really make it all better either, it was always 10 minutes of LOST and then a five minute ad-break and then ten more minutes of LOST and then five minutes of advertising and then it just kept going on like that. In the long term it just becomes flat out annoying so I stopped watching it.

Though now I feel the urge to watch it again as it in the ground was a really good show. I will probably try to find some site where I can watch the episodes without the friggin commercials interupting every 5 seconds :P

it's for the best. Watching the show without interruption through the seasons is the way to go. The ad situation right now is horrendous. W/o dvr, I wouldn't watch it.

Oh, btw when I saw MiB go down the white light tunnel, I couldn't help it, but he kinda looked like a poopy going down the toilet, then a massive black explosion expelled from the cave.

I giggled a little.

also read this somewhere else
    I think there is something we are all missing here: MiB told Richard in Ab Aeterno that "the Devil" (Jacob) betrayed him and stole his body.

When Jacob tossed his Brother's body into the light, the Brother's soul-light was taken out of his body and joined the cave-light to form the Smokey we all know and love. Now Jacob's mission is to keep the light, now embodied in his Brother, on the Island in lieu of the original assignment.

Locke referring to the Smoke Monster as "look[ing] into the eye of the Island" and telling Eko it was a "bright light" seems to fit this perfectly.
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    moof wrote: »
    Oh, btw when I saw MiB go down the white light tunnel, I couldn't help it, but he kinda looked like a poopy going down the toilet, then a massive black explosion expelled from the cave.

I giggled a little.
    That's pretty funny because a flushing toilet was what came to my mind too :D

I don't think they have to be born on the island in order to become the protector. The mother probably just saw her chance of brainwashing an infant much easier than an older person.
    This was an interesting episode but it's like the mother said to Claudia; "Every question I answer will simply lead to another question" which is Lost in a nutshell ;)
    I think many people are gonna be dissapointed after the last episode :(
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moof wrote: »
    I think there is something we are all missing here: MiB told Richard in Ab Aeterno that "the Devil" (Jacob) betrayed him and stole his body.

When Jacob tossed his Brother's body into the light, the Brother's soul-light was taken out of his body and joined the cave-light to form the Smokey we all know and love. Now Jacob's mission is to keep the light, now embodied in his Brother, on the Island in lieu of the original assignment.

Locke referring to the Smoke Monster as "look[ing] into the eye of the Island" and telling Eko it was a "bright light" seems to fit this perfectly.

wow, nailed it, I'd say
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
    It looks like young MIB (BIB, lol) was able to see and talk to dead people like Hurley does. I wonder if there's anything significant about that.

They were speaking Latin in the beginning but then switched to modern English with American accents. That was just for TV convenience though, right? It's confusing because they've done largely subtitled episodes before. They didn't say when this was taking place, and the island can be moved through time, so it's not entirely unfeasible that it isn't even in the past as far as off-island time is concerned.

I don't get how anyone could live to be around 12 or 13 years old and not know what "dead" is though. Especially if he knew the word "kill" and understood what was happening to the boar (and what happened to previous boars and things, assuming they've been eating any sort of meat). That doesn't make sense.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    perna wrote: »
    OR at least answer some questions!

Did you watch the same episode we did? The corpses, the reason for everything Jacob and Flocke are and where they came from? The Dharma wheel? Any of that ring a bell? :P
    I just don't stop being critical of something just because I'm a fan, which I suppose places me firmly in the minority.

*pins medal on pernas chest*
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    fly_soup wrote: »
    They were speaking Latin in the beginning but then switched to modern English with American accents. That was just for TV convenience though, right? It's confusing because they've done largely subtitled episodes before.
    Actually Sun and Jin speak ALOT more english in this season than they've ever done before. They even spoke their last sentences to each other in english which I find a bit strange but it's probably because people won't have to read subtitles as much as before. Maybe there were some complaints :/
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Did you watch the same episode we did? The corpses, the reason for everything Jacob and Flocke are and where they came from? The Dharma wheel? Any of that ring a bell? :P

I'll grant the corpses, that was answered, but not the rest. I have no idea what Jacob and the MIB are supposed to be. They were adopted by the magical lady who murdered their mother, and one of her magic tricks was to make them unable to kill each other or to age. How and why she did that, no clue. How and why the glowy light turned MiB into the smoke monster, no clue. Slightly better is why Jacob's tasked with guarding a cave with glowy yellow light. He's doing it because "Mom said so," which doesn't explain much.

The Dharma wheel is even more inexplicable. How does it interact with the light? How did the MiB figure out that sticking a wheel into a rock by the glowy light would let him leave the island? No answers to that.

The yellow light is really the sticking point here. If they don't actually tell us what it is, it's all fairy dust or unicorn farts or some other bit of deux ex machina that doesn't explain anything. Hell, for all we know, it's the same glowy light in Jules's briefcase at the end of Pulp Fiction. Tarantino didn't bother to explain that, either, but at least it wasn't core to the story :(

I assume this stuff (at least some of it) is dealt with next week, but this episode didn't explain most of it.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    At least if you're going to write a rotten episode like that, have something interesting and unpredictable happen, or let us spend time with the characters we've come to become attached to over all these years of watching, not those two dimensional brothers. OR at least answer some questions! This late in the season, how can you have a filler episode that answers no significant questions? Oh yeah, we know who those skeletons were! Who cares?

It seems that every piece of illogical nonsense writing is explained by "the island willed it" or "I just KNOW" or "I'm special" or "it's fate". Those are not explanations! They're just cop-outs. Remember when Ben used to be one of those special characters that was in control of things and always seemed to know what was up, and suddenly they started writing him like an ignorant and confused loser?

I just don't stop being critical of something just because I'm a fan, which I suppose places me firmly in the minority.

Throw someone into the light and they transform into a smoke monster. Brilliant. Did someone get paid to write that?

Much like with Stephen King stories, I wish they would just skip the supernatural bullshit completely and just stick with the characters, which are fantastic all round. I could watch entire episodes of the "flash sideways" stuff no problem. No island, no BS, just those characters goofing around. The writers copy King down to his much-criticized weaknesses.

Complete agreement. If they're not going to reasonably tie all this together with something more that makes sense, I'd rather they'd outright left it a mystery and focused on the stories of the people dealing with it. Don't get my hopes up that there's some big explanation coming and hit me with the murderous fairy godmother and the cave of golden showers.
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The fun part about the dead bodies is that this explanation is clearly something they came up with far, far into the show. In that episode Jack identified them to be relatively recent and even he can't be that wrong... They clearly did not plan for such a long history at that time.

The writers just threw it in there, the same way they did with the smoke monster, the polar bears, the Black Rock ship, or the Others or the statue - basically anything in the first two seasons. They just brainstormed a lot of weird shit to shock the audience and see how they respond to each. Then they kept the elements that got the most attention and tried to figure out some explanations that seemed to make some sense.
    Many other shows are doing this, but it's only when the writers try to claim otherwise when it gets irritating. Anyone remember head Six from Battlestar Galactica?

So I would not have a problem with the general concept of changing things to tie up the initially unrelated pieces, but don't treat my like a fool or a child, and don't act arrogant in interviews about people daring to criticize you. Especially when you're failing that hard at the job.
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lost fanboi reaction:

It's not about fanboy stuff... People have been watching the show for six years, spent a lot of time thinking about it, became emotionally invested.

Imagine being a kid and waiting that long for Christmas, only to find some boring shit under the tree. The two basic reactions are to 1. get furious about the whole thing 2. convince yourself that the boring shit is the best thing ever, so that your time spent waiting wasn't sadly wasted.
    It's kinda hard to find a middle ground...
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    The episode was not bad but not great. I like how they tied things in, whether they just made it up or not.

I am not convinced that MiB is Jacob's brother who we saw in this episode. His brother died when he went into the hole. Probably from exposure to a lot of electricity, electromagnetism or magic. All Jacob did was throw him down the slip and slide. He basically got a goal assist, not the actual goal. His brother's body turned to bones so it didn't morph into smoke or anything. MiB takes the form of dead people, his brother being dead, he takes that form. The leaving the island thing is just misdirection. MiB has also said "Don't tell me what I can't do" which is Locke's most abused quote.

So, I don't think it's him and I'm not sure where that leaves us. Just with more questions about the origins of MiB and why he was down that hole.

As an aside, I am kind of annoyed at people constantly wanting questions answered. Like they just want the characters to sit down in a room and explain shit. It's a tv show, not an interview or commentary... Just let it roll. I want to see what they do with it, answers or not I have faith it will be enjoyable. Believe in the Island.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump wrote: »
    As an aside, I am kind of annoyed at people constantly wanting questions answered. Like they just want the characters to sit down in a room and explain shit. It's a tv show, not an interview or commentary... Just let it roll. I want to see what they do with it, answers or not I have faith it will be enjoyable. Believe in the Island.

There are ways of doing that all at once, but the LOST writers aren't doing that. You can still tell your story and bring things to closure, but instead, they close an item and open a dozen more questions. I think they get too into themselves and their writing, and come up with new 'cool' things, which end up introducing more questions.

Like I mentioned with their mom, we could have seen her on a boat, had the boat destroyed in some manner, then she's the only one to survive reaching the island (pregnant). Then discovers details about the island, has the kids, and passes the torch. But instead, we are introduced to some crazy bitch, who kills their mom, and now we are left wondering why she needed to kill her, and how the fuck she ended up on that island (and knows about it's powers). There isn't enough time to get her backstory, so know we are left with an open WTF moment.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    or maybe you're meant to just think of shit on your own and not have every single detail spoonfed to you.

I still see tons of people complaining that there's no answers to x question when there's actually plenty of evidence within the episodes to what the answers are, people just don't pay attention. the show requires thinking and piecing stuff together on your own in some cases.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Something tells me that someone "good" will choose to walk into the light and come out a white glowing smoke cloud they'll fight or mix together and cancel each other out resetting the balance.

I agree with Per about the last episode I didn't think they would spend the entire episode on the twins...
    It seems that every piece of illogical nonsense writing is explained by "the island willed it" or "I just KNOW" or "I'm special" or "it's fate".
    This episode felt like when Lucas introduced...
    midichlorians_pvp.jpg
    Thanks guys... but somethings are better left, inferred.

They didn't need to eat up the entire episode with lame filler back story. 10min and they would have nailed it easy, but instead they switched up their formula and spoon fed everyone... yuck.

Who knows maybe it has a place? Maybe they didn't see this as thier last chance to vomit up a bunch of back story they had dreamed up before the opportunity was... lost?

Hello vanity thy name is Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse? Hopefully not, come on boys don't stink it up now.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think that last episode of Lost broke Perna's brain :P

Yeah, I was also surprised they spent the whole episode on the twins...because there is so much to resolve in the losties timeline...
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah perna, this episode was a little too much for you, wasnt it? I'll recap the explanations. Try to follow along:

Now we know that the whole source of power and mystery on the island is the magical light. That clears a lot up for me.

We also know that jacob is a bit of a momma's boy and a pussy. That answers some questions.

We also finally know who the skeletons were, something they've been slowly preparing to reveal since the first season. If that isn't very important to the plot i dont know what is.

Finally, now we know that the smoke monster is a smoke monster because he became a smoke monster. I had been waiting for an explanation like that.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Watch the original ep again and observe what Jack says about the state of deterioration of their clothes. Skeletons exposed to arid air for 2000 years without decomposing?

Probably why the should have just made it Rose and Bernard... that would have been a sad episode alright.
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    SupRore wrote: »
    Now we know that the whole source of power and mystery on the island is the magical light. That clears a lot up for me.

i lol'd :D
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man, i was joking. I guess it says something about the kind of arguments that have been thrown around this thread that it was believable. :p
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You so weren't lol...
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    suprore lol, nice

perna - I don't get 90% of the shit that goes on in the show. I read recaps and theories to see what people gather from it because there's a lot of smarter people out there that catch all this minuscule shit, and I enjoy reading about it. They also point out a lot of things that most probably wouldn't notice but they remember moments from other episodes (not to mention completely scour the other episodes for this kinda stuff) that when put together things make sense or you can figure out things that aren't completely obvious.

I'm not saying that it's ok where you have to try to figure everything out by yourself or that the writers can use it as an excuse.

that being said, I did enjoy the episode. we didn't get blatant omfg answers to stuff people really want to know yet, and there were more questions, but I did enjoy seeing the back story of two of the main and most important characters in the show. We know why MiB is like that now, who they were, what they were like. We didn't learn why the fuck he turned into the smoke monster, but there are theories and good ideas out there.

I'm just happy I got to see them at the beginning, even if now we have to be like 'ok so wtf is this light shit etc', at least it's not completely new, as we've seen the light and the light has been referenced in many previous episodes.

I'm a big fan of vozzek's theory that the island is centered around belief. It seems very apparent that what the characters believe happens to be, which is cool because it is demonstrated in a lot of key lost scenes, and some dialogs as well (like Locke's 'I wish you had believed me' thing). It's faith or some shit.

that also said, I still want answers to a lot of the stuff you guys do as well, but I'm not going to be super pissed off if they don't answer everything.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And I miss real Locke, sob sob

Yeah he's the one character I would have really liked to be alive for the end of the series. What was his position as candidate, does anyone know? 3 probably?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Yeah he's the one character I would have really liked to be alive for the end of the series. What was his position as candidate, does anyone know? 3 probably?

his number was 4 I think
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Read this on a lost forum, not sure if it has been posted, but this is a cool theory.

Ok so my friend sent me this on her theory of Lost & Aaron. What do you think?

The man in black has a vessel for leaving the island. it isn't a sub, it isn't a plane. It's Claire... and I can damned near PROVE it.

Hasn't the man in black been rather protective of Claire as of late? well, i can tell you exactly why that is, and it all boils down to one line from the pilot. "I haven't felt the baby move since the crash."

We now know that the MIB can possess a dead body that comes to the island, aka Locke. but what about a stillborn Aaron? that's a dead body, isn't it?

Why did the MIB lure Claire off and make sure she didn't get on the helicopter in season four? why does he continue to protect her, and why didn't he let her get on the sub? He didn't need the sub and he didn't need Ajira 316, because he had already placed a part of himself in her stillborn baby. He already had a "vessel".

Why the name Aaron? " I don't know, it just sort of came to me..." - Claire

yeah... right. I assure you that the reason we haven't heard his name is because it holds significance. If his name were Jerry or Ryan, or Fauntleroy the 13th they could've just said it... but they didn't, because it is Aaron.

Doesn't that make the recurring lullaby all the more creepy? she was singing it while smokey killed everyone in the temple. a warped version played at the end of sundown as well. and it played out of the music box.... the clues are staring us all in the face, and we all missed it. Good lord, Damon and Carlton are freaking brilliant!

I'm unsure which timeline smokey will manifest in as Aaron, but it's definately "the loophole"

furthermore, when Claire got her fortune told, and it was rather... unsettling to the psychic, do you think he saw the man in black inside her? maybe, the end of the world resting in her womb? I think he did. "He must be raised by you, noone else..." i think that points to the current timeline.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    bad ass theory, but isn't Aaron like, alive and well? on the main land?
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
  • diminished_Self
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diminished_Self polycounter lvl 12
    i dont think there will ever be definitive answers to all your questions perna.

think about the show. what has happened in the show that made you think you a)were going to get straight answers ever and b)were entitled to them?

one of the BIGGEST themes of the show is faith. i get the feeling that what they are trying to accomplish is trying to get us to a spot where they can hint at things, never explain them, and get us to take it as gospel.

definitive answers doesnt really sound like the show i've been watching. wheels within wheels within wheels, with only the barest of hints and an understanding that somethings are just the way they are? that sounds more like Lost to me.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The lost *i* know is hamstrung by a suspense/mystery plot written by people incapable of weaving a competent mystery.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Just a heads up that there are major spoilers floating around, so an advice is to stay away from lost pages, discussions, don't read your mail, don't watch the news, go into hiding.. until the end of the series.

what!? already? Shit! :(

LOCKDOWN TIME
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like that Aaron theory...it's cool but...what are all Flockes efforts for if he has already left the island as Aaron? Can he even split himself like that?

Badass theory though. Makes you think about a lot of Claire related stuff. Like that freaky doll she had in her crib in her tent.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    My theory is this show will end and I'll have to watch something else.
    I also think in the final episode, right at the end, there will be credits and then I'll change the channel.

Seriously though, its a fun show. Lots of little tidbits get answered. Im not happy with many of the answers. Tons of things remain unanswered. But ya know what? Its a TV show. I enjoy it a lot because of how its shot, directed and performed. Frankly, I think I'd watch anything with Evangeline Lilly. The writing is pretty cool in the micro, though the macro is a little slap-dash in hindsight. I'm looking forward to the end. Bittersweet anticipation!