Home General Discussion

BORDERLANDS 2

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Per: what relic are you using? I'm still rocking the pre-order rare loot bonus relic, it's kind of hard to give that up.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    i'm still using the 2 guns that Moxxi gave me...I thought i grabbed a screen of the SMG but apparently i did not...

047277F8B79F993056E31E74CB09949D3DB2B5FC

i find that just swapping guns every time you see a green arrow in the damage doesn't suit me. example: i prefer accuracy in a shotgun significantly more than damage...been using this one for at least 5 levels now - and the smg i just got - corrosive :D gonna be on that one for a good long while i think...
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Anyone do the slaughter house arena, btw? Got to the final round last night. Hard stuff right there. But says you should be 20, but we werent yet. Man you take a beating in that place
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i've gotten to round 3 with my solo char...but i died there 2 or three times and gave up til i get some friends there. Way tougher than the circle of slaughters in the first one - where dying just meant you paid up and came back to finish off whichever badguys were left...
  • THE 5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THE 5 polycounter lvl 14
    That question of me again:
    1 copy = 4 Player LAN ???
    (Steam or Retail-Copy required?)

Torchlight 2 recently did just that and realy got my hopes up that Borderlands might feature this aswell. Kudos runic!
    I realy miss the old days of Diablo and Warcraft...

http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter/?x
    It says "LAN support (including OFFLINE mode)" at the bottom.
    But in the endless interwebs I only find controversal information :/

Anyways, anyone tested it LAN (with one copy) yet?
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Me and a buddy beat it last night. Gonna have to say that the story is a step up from what I was expecting and the last few bosses did not disappoint! Overall, I fucking love this game :P

Excited to go back on True Vault Hunter mode :D
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Anyone gotten the tribute to a vault hunter achievement? Remember that eulogy that claptrap did for the guy who lost the battle to cancer? Gearbox made him an npc that turns up in sanctuary all the time, and all you have to do is find him and talk to him. EVERY TIME you talk to him, he gives you a blue or better item. Every time.... He spawns in like 12 differnet spots.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/09/17/borderlands-2-walkthrough-tribute-to-a-vault-hunter-achievement-trophy
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Also, anyone get the extra bonus by having borderlands 1 save data on your computer?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm a level 22 Siren and these are my current primary & secondary weapons:
    bl2sniper.jpg
    bl2shotgun.jpg
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Hurry and grab um!

PC = KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3

PS3 = 5JKJ3-6TWKS-CSTCT-S3KJJ-FXX3W

360 = 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB

Go to Extras > Shift Code.

These are extra gold keys tweeted by the awesome Randy Pitchford
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    is anyone having issues with the cloud not syncing up properly? Im missing a LOT of progress on my guy
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    slipsius wrote: »
    is anyone having issues with the cloud not syncing up properly? Im missing a LOT of progress on my guy

It should give you a warning if you are having a sync issue... did it prompt you?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Nope. And its set to automatically update. I checked. No idea why im missing all my levels on this comp
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yesterday it did ask me that i was not on the latest cloud save game... i just asked it to download instead of upload. But i am not sure why it would not give you a prompt, and i am sure that you always exit the game with the save and quit. Right? Was it a lot of content missing? i know i was in the middle of a mission, the one with the fire worshippers, stopped in the middle of it. Saved and exit, and when i came back i had to restart the quest again.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    save and quit? isnt there only the exit borderlands option when you hit escape? Either way, at home, im 21 or 22. This computer im 14... so, ya, a lot is missing. One of the auto saves would have gotten it.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    slipsius wrote: »
    Anyone gotten the tribute to a vault hunter achievement? Remember that eulogy that claptrap did for the guy who lost the battle to cancer? Gearbox made him an npc that turns up in sanctuary all the time, and all you have to do is find him and talk to him. EVERY TIME you talk to him, he gives you a blue or better item. Every time.... He spawns in like 12 differnet spots.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/09/17/borderlands-2-walkthrough-tribute-to-a-vault-hunter-achievement-trophy

Never seen that guy - but I'll be keepig my eyes peeled now!
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I looked all over town and haven't found him, I heard there is a glitch on the PC version , idk if its true though.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In console versions, Michael has a 100% spawn chance before Sanctuary is relocated, after which point his spawn rates returns to the default 10%.
    By reports in the Gearbox forums, he appears 100% of the time on the Xbox, and extremely rarely on the PC.

Sounds like a fuckup there :/

I did some reading; apparently it's supposed to happen 10% of the time after Sanctuary relocates. On console there's a bug where he shows up 100% of the time before then. On PC there's a bug where he shows up 1% of the time ever.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    While digging through some .ini files, you can alter the amount of keys you have to that special case in town.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i ran into Michael in sanctuary on PC a while back - didn't know the story behind him though. it's even more awesome now.

also - blvd - pitchford said that the key exploit was being fixed and people who used it were going to lose all their junk. so it's a bad idea.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Slipsius; same problem I had, lost 10 lvls or so as well as my golden key and reward :/
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    perna wrote: »
    Blvd: come on now, let's not encourage that. People hacking their inventory ruined coop in the first game

Hey, I just found it amusing it was cause its the same base ini for Unreal. And fairly, I only used it to get 1 key back cause, I'm sure like many, I ran up and saw the chest and didn't notice the key icon pop up next to it. I think getting unlimited keys like that actually would ruin the fun of finding the next big piece of loot to pick up for me in the game.
    reverendK wrote: »
    also - blvd - pitchford said that the key exploit was being fixed and people who used it were going to lose all their junk. so it's a bad idea.

That's good at least. I hope they figure out to put a prompt up for that chest though.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    rev, here's the eulogy that they did. all the buddy did was email them asking, and they did this (just the voice), and then put him in game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuroFpcFq-c"]Claptrap Eulogy for Michael John Mamaril - YouTube[/ame]
  • AlecMoody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    On Sunday I looted this sniper rifle that chews through equal leveled (im 23) badass constructors in just a few seconds. Aside from constantly running out of sniper ammo, I am now super overpowered. Critical hits from it 1 shot just about every enemy and it fires off as fast as many of the SMGs...
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keizza polycounter lvl 18
    game is amazing....hands down. but tiny tina...while a cool looking character....is pretty annoying to listen to.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    such an awesome game. Really having a blast. Playing as Zero. Level 19 currently and have found some nice loot so far. A sniper that burns up just about any character with 1 or 2 shots, a pistol that never stops shooting and with bore unlocked on my characters skill tree if it goes through the first guy and hits another the damage is doubled....

It gets really interesting quickly with those combos.

Found Michael in Sanctuary and got the guns from him. Pretty awesome tribute!

Does anyone know if the bug from the first one is still in there where you can toss down all kinds of loot, quit to 360 dashboard without saving and come back into the same game with all of your inventory like you never discarded it?

I used to share guns with my co-op partner this way.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Jesse, that's called cheating, and I hope to god they fixed it. Also, micheal gives you weapons every time you see him, so keep checking.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I wouldn't call it cheating. Exploiting perhaps but not cheating. Nothing is modded or tweaked.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights wrote: »
    Hey, I just found it amusing it was cause its the same base ini for Unreal. And fairly, I only used it to get 1 key back cause, I'm sure like many, I ran up and saw the chest and didn't notice the key icon pop up next to it.

Blarg, I did exactly that, first time I visited Sanctuary. The weapon I got out of it was also useless :(
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so I bought a jakobs skin from the gun dealer, double clicked it in my inventory and then ran to the customizing station, but the skin wasnt there. I was pissed, it cost 11k.

I saw the tribute guy when i returned to sanctuary after the finale, he was hanging out in the gunstore.
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    Paradan wrote: »
    so I bought a jakobs skin from the gun dealer, double clicked it in my inventory and then ran to the customizing station, but the skin wasnt there. I was pissed, it cost 11k.

I saw the tribute guy when i returned to sanctuary after the finale, he was hanging out in the gunstore.

Are you sure it wasn't for another class? All skins are class specific and are labeled so.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just discovered my favorite I've gotten so far last night.

BXkVT.jpg
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    keizza wrote: »
    game is amazing....hands down. but tiny tina...while a cool looking character....is pretty annoying to listen to.

Have you done the Tea Party quest yet? I thought she was pretty funny.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    i might be grabbing this in a few days, whats the deal for multiplayer? can i join a game randomly with a few others( or steam friends), or am i limited to playing with people in my own skill level?
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    LOL, got the pizza delivery quest and I didn't really think much about it until the guy answered me from the comm, and then I jumped down the hole and I was like "wait a minute..."
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    there's a quick match feature that sets you up with people on the same main quest / around the same level, or you can just join your friends games.
  • THE 5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THE 5 polycounter lvl 14
    Just in case anyone still cares about LAN these days,
    4 Player LAN with 1 copy works ;P

You simply need to add the hosts IP to the command-line-parameters in the shorcut.
    That way you join the hosts game right when starting up BL2.

Hope the old fashion LAN play makes a little return ;)
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    perna wrote: »
    blvd: e-tech, hell yea. Whenever anyone sees that particular purple color, you need to try the weapon, the description doesn't reveal its effect. They tend to be all-crazy. I have found an e-tech corrosive rocketlauncher that has a huge area of effect and mad visual effects... and a slag shotgun that fires bouncing shots (keeps bouncing around and affecting lots of enemies).. but dang I want an e-tech SMG! What does that one do?

Tons of sleg and purple beams. Nothing too fancy. My shotgun I have though shoots out two balls of electricity and they create a large AoE field.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Has anyone else had issues with weapons swapping places when dropping or selling weapons? Plus the whole list moves back up, which is really annoying if you trying to sell/drop stuff in the bottom.
  • THE 5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THE 5 polycounter lvl 14
    McGreed:
    When scrolling trough the inventory with the mousewheel, oftentimes it highlights a 'random' item and then starts to scroll in the oposite direction of your mousewheel. At least thats what happened to me sometimes.

I kinda got used to scroll with the arrow keys instead. Hitting a arrow-key seems to mostly fix it aswell.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea. i scroll with my arrow keys... it's just easier.
  • AbKI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AbKI polycounter lvl 6
    I'm rolling with Zer0 but finding him really hard to play, you're encouraged to get up close but I just get minced, and when I'm sniping I'm too far away to get in close. Seems like a hard character to play! He needs a blink ability or something instead (or I need to quit being a noob).

Is the soldier the best for solo play still?
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I gotta admit that I luuuuuv my turret, it saved my bacon so many times and can really kick arse now that it got rockets on as well. :) I want it upgraded with shield and get the second one as well.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I play Zer0 as a sniper, his special ability boosts gun damage as well as melee damage - I'm around level 18 and I've gotten about 1500 damage on a stealthed headshot.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Soldier is good, but you really have to have good weapons to back him up. I was dying a LOT till recently...

Also, ya, I HAAAATE that when you sell something, the inventory scrolls back up... my biggest pet peeve about the game
  • AbKI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AbKI polycounter lvl 6
    The turret gets rockets!? That's awesome. :D I'm only level 13 so maybe I'll stick with him, probably just need a better rifle!!:)
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AbKI wrote: »
    The turret gets rockets!? That's awesome. :D I'm only level 13 so maybe I'll stick with him, probably just need a better rifle!!:)

You get it on the left path, and its reeeeally nice. But if you go with the right path, you can get shield dome, which also seem nice. :) But at lvl 44 you can get both and extra turret ;)

Check it out in the skilltree here: http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I went all out sniper, but they become useless unless you're in a group.

A Lot of enemies are spawned or dropped in at Melee range, and there's not many clear lines of site. Also, they close the gap REALLY quickly, and have too much lateral movement to offset your gun always moving.

Despite the fact I threw all skill points into that sniper tree, I find I'm usually using my rocket and shotgun most of the time.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, that's why I like my turret, because the enemies always seem to be distracted and start attacking it instead of me, giving me a chance to escape. Doesn't Zero have some distraction traits to use to escape with and make some distance?
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Love the game but still think the PC version should have a completely different inventory screen than just the same as console with a mouse pointer. It's still very frustrating (not as bad as BL1 though) and could use someone who's actually played a pc game recently to look at it.

As for loot, it seems im getting boned compared to allot of people here, I've not seen anything better than a blue gun with 3 player co-op and im around 24 :/ (apart from the quest guns like the etech test gun ect).