Offline / Send Message
    rogelio greentooth
    Yep can not wait!
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    MULTIPLAYER TRAILER.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Mlh0dR4XU"]The Last of Us | Multiplayer Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

T4XI21p.jpg

ibhcyYhmupPajF.gif
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Embargo is up... most reviews I've seen are all positive. I have not read them... just closing comments.

Great job guys! i am sooooo excited to get my art book and play through the game.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I love the weapon creation mechanic that the trailer showed. It looks fairly quick to adjust, and could make for some interesting outcomes.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those. Reviews.

cMLxbtO.jpg

Ks6CPaz.jpg
  • Broken_Lawnmower
    I've got my hype train ticket stamped
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    what the?.....oooh yeeeah! I was going to pick it up because of the demo, but the reviews seem to point in one direction, so it's sealed.
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    Polygon proves that all reviews are the opinion of one person and that all reviews should be taken lightly.

Reviews don't need to validate my beliefs. Can't wait to see if I enjoy it.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJK9XTvjkXw"]The Last of Us - Live Action TV Commercial - YouTube[/ame]
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    wasnt there already a thread of this?
  • Autocon
  • ILLMATICC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ILLMATICC polycounter lvl 6
    Adam Sessler reviews always get me pumped

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEs33aWkX2Q"]The Last of Us REVIEW! Adam Sessler Reviews - YouTube[/ame]
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    Damn I miss adam sessler. I used to love his reviews on G4! The good ol' days.

That being said I am beyond excited about this game! I haven't commended Naughty Dog enough on their understanding on how important story is to any entertainment medium! That paired with their extreme artistic, design and gameplay talent is recipe for a game changer, literally.
  • MeshModeler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeshModeler polycounter lvl 11
    WHEN IS THE ART DUMP
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    WHEN IS THE ART DUMP

Probably a few weeks, I want another one of these.

2012_05_25_Oasis1_Image.gif
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    MP looks cool but it makes me wish it was more of a DayZ styled survival setup, seems like it would be a great match. I do realize that it's a crazy and unrealistic request on my part but one can dream...
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    wester wrote: »
    Damn I miss adam sessler. I used to love his reviews on G4! The good ol' days.

Just sub to rev3 youtube feed, he's always there now! Most likely the smartest and most intelligent member of our press.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    WHEN IS THE ART DUMP

Hopefully some of the guys will post stuff up but idk. There is only about 3 or 4 people at ND who actively post on PC, the rest just lurk or don't know what PC is at all haha. And most just update there folio and some dont even do that. There always is the art book and getting the game :)

I unfortunately was working on another project most of the game before I jumped on to The Last of Us to help finish it up, so there wont be a cool progression gif like that Zak, you will have to wait till next game we ship and I will have one hopefully if I can remember! :)
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    Autocon, mate.

Please imagine me invading everyones personal space, patting everyone on the back whilst enthusiastically saying 'YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS This is how you make fucking AAA games' then high fiving each and every person at least 3 times in pretty quick succession. BAM BAM BAM like so.

Whatever you guys are doing, your doing it the right way. Thanks for upholding the cosmic law that that good shit is forged in efforts beyond the status quo.

Fucking bravo man, super jealous!!
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon wrote: »
    Hopefully some of the guys will post stuff up but idk. There is only about 3 or 4 people at ND who actively post on PC, the rest just lurk or don't know what PC is at all haha. And most just update there folio and some dont even do that. There always is the art book and getting the game :)

I unfortunately was working on another project most of the game before I jumped on to The Last of Us to help finish it up, so there wont be a cool progression gif like that Zak, you will have to wait till next game we ship and I will have one hopefully if I can remember! :)

which project
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    ErichWK wrote: »
    which project

Their super secret PS4 project that will be announced at E3! Duh!
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NO! DON'T LET HIM KNOW IT'S SECRET. I WAS HOPING HE WOULD LET IT SLIP. YOU RUINED IT, ZAC!
  • rogelio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rogelio greentooth
    Autocon wrote: »

I'll be posting as soon as I am able... Ill wait a few weeks so I do not spoil the initial fun of first buyers :)

Finally able to say stuff. :D
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK wrote: »
    which project

Its a toss up between Unkarted : Drakes Last Ride and The Fast of Us. Were looking at a 2030 release. We really wanted to make a kart racer game with a great and deep story.

Like where the karts you drive go off on wild adventures searching for lost artifacts with there older mentor kart friend, but set it in a post apocalyptic world where tires and replacement side mirrors are scarce!

Thanks for the kind words Haz, I know people will be blown away by it, I sure am. I am so proud to have been able to help out what little bit I could to such a fantastic game. So many talented people made it possible.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can't wait to play... FUCK why do I have to wait another week.... ehhhhh
  • Ryan Mcdawel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been following the development since the intial announcement, the 10/10 reviews really speak for themselves. Cannot wait to play the game for myself.
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    Uggggh I want to play this so bad, but won't be home to play until the end of August! :(
    So close to buying another PS3 so I can play it now.
  • mikhga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikhga polycounter lvl 8
    Got my copy today, one day earlier than I had expected, which is awesome. Been playing for a couple of hours and I absolutely love it so far. I can already say that, in my opinion, it is even better than the Uncharted series because of the story and immersion, and that's saying a lot.

The guys and gals at Naught Dog has done it once again, and for me, just being able to play any future games ND produces is reason enough to buy a PS4.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Got it two days ago and finished it today.

Great game, though I had a lot of issues with the visuals bugging out :S
    Such as light effects turning into squares and making the entire world black, random pop ins and at one point the entire world vanished when I was hiding and looking behind me.
    Other than that the checkpoint system was aggravating, sometimes it would save at right after I had gotten some sorely needed ammo and items, only for me to die and it'd reload and count all my items as "spent" or "never picked up", the corpses I had killed earlier would be gone too, so I would be stuck in a very very hard place.

The AI was hit and miss, sometimes it was incredibly awesome, other times it would not notice me sitting between two of them when they were behind cover.
    The AI would also walk into allies and not be engaged (thankfully but still jarring) and sometimes the companion AI would open fire on enemies I was trying to sneak past.

At the end of the day the game was solid though, I played on hard and had a good time but because of the above issues I died 150 times total, which by the end got very very annoying.

The visuals are gorgeous, infected are creepy, the environments are really atmospheric and luscious and all of it put together creates a solid package.
    I guess my major gripe is the story, it's good but by the end I was hating the main character for all the wrong reasons, maybe I'm just very different in my line of thinking than the writers but most of it just made no sense to me and felt downright contradictory towards established character traits and personalities.

The game gave me 15 hours of playtime though and it has without a doubt the most intense and engaging first 15 minutes of a videogame I have ever played, and it almost makes me wish the game was pretty much the setting of the beginning throughout the entire game :P

I have yet to play MP but it looks kind of neat, I'll also be running through the game again on NG+ to get any missing collectibles and so on.

GG ND :D
  • LRoy
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy wrote: »

Yes because everyone knows in a nothing to lose future with cannibalism, constant death and focus on vicious survival the physically stronger and more prone to violence gender would obviously not be favoured at all nope!

Last of Us really let me down because I couldn't shoot pregnant women raiders in the stomach so their fetus fell the fuck out.

That article is beyond stupid. Snarky as fuck intro that wilfully chooses to ignore the story and setting of the game. These people who truly believe social justice has any fucking place in a dead and primitive future are hilariously stupid.

Might as well say one of my favourite things about The Last of Us is that every single hardcore SJW is probably dead in that universe because they'd probably be the first to scream about "rights" for the infected.
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mazz423 polycounter lvl 9
    Skamberin wrote: »
    Last of Us really let me down because I couldn't shoot pregnant women raiders in the stomach so their fetus fell the fuck out.

That escalated quickly...

Not going to get a chance to play this today, tomorrow for sure, however I've been hearing that there are a lot of problems with the autosave feature essentially not saving and causing people to lose a lot of progress. Anyone on here ran into this?

I'm not sure how wide spread it is and if it's as a big a problem as people are making it out to be but it does mean I'll be checking my saves regularly.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was being hyperbolic :P
    And yeah the autosave bugging out is very annoying when it happens at the worst time, but otherwise it is very much worth playing through, it is a special game :D
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mazz423 wrote: »
    That escalated quickly...

Not going to get a chance to play this today, tomorrow for sure, however I've been hearing that there are a lot of problems with the autosave feature essentially not saving and causing people to lose a lot of progress. Anyone on here ran into this?

I'm not sure how wide spread it is and if it's as a big a problem as people are making it out to be but it does mean I'll be checking my saves regularly.

Autosave issues has already been fixed :D

Game is out today! Snag up your copy. Launch Trailer too!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQpdSVF_k_w&hd=1"]The Last of Us | Launch Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Photos don't.... move.

It sounds like the author really really wanted a female protagonist, and allowed that one aspect of the game to ruin their experience. I want more female protagonists too, just don't push the issue so hard that it becomes all you can talk about. This game wasn't ruined because you play as a man. And it wouldn't have been better if you played as a woman.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Sold out everywhere by me :(
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Maybe they'll release a DLC with a Female Protagonist... wouldn't mind it anyways but these people need to shut up.
  • Brandon Kern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brandon Kern polycounter lvl 11
    Man I just wanted to come here to say that the first hour and a half of the game is captivating and intense.

Not only does it look amazing, but there is a seriousness to the game that really makes it good. Because ammo is so sparse and the enemies aren't very easy to kill, it makes it a satisfying experience.

The intense game play plus the eerie environment make it feel like a movie.
    Whatever Naughty Dog is doing is working. I can't wait to play more later!!!
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    I decided to play my first game on hard mode. I'm getting my butt whooped every corner. DX
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    I just played for 10 hours straight.

the game gets 1/10

1 point for the nice pose when Joel is in cover with Ellie
    -9 points for making me waste 10 hours and not saving the game - since I didn't bother reading up on autosave bugs before starting the game - not something I am used to do when buying a AAA-title, I tend to just pop it in and get my game on.

fuck this shit

edit:
    I could give it one more point for what I noticed when using Joels listening ability at one part of the game. Where two characters jumped over a wall, using the listening ability enabled me to see the whole animation, on the other side of the wall, where they interpolated into t-poses :)
    of course that is the proper way to do it since you're not supposed to see it, but still, cute :)
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just played for 10 hours straight.

the game gets 1/10

1 point for the nice pose when Joel is in cover with Ellie
    -9 points for making me waste 10 hours and not saving the game - since I didn't bother reading up on autosave bugs before starting the game - not something I am used to do when buying a AAA-title, I tend to just pop it in and get my game on.

fuck this shit

edit:
    I could give it one more point for what I noticed when using Joels listening ability at one part of the game. Where two characters jumped over a wall, using the listening ability enabled me to see the whole animation, on the other side of the wall, where they interpolated into t-poses :)
    of course that is the proper way to do it since you're not supposed to see it, but still, cute :)

So you play a whole game for 10 hours straight that you obviously are engaged in and because of a save game issue the games crap?

That is like eating an entire pizza except for one slice and being like "This shits nasty I want a refund."

Obviously you enjoyed the game if you were able to keep going for 10 hours. A bug like that while annoying and fixed as of now in my opinion doesn't ruin that experience that you had and make the game bad... Seriously...
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    I never ever said I didn't enjoy the game.:)
    But I did feel forced to continue playing it, to finish it as soon as possible so that I could finish my day - I stopped playing at 2 AM, just took a shower. :poly117:

I was hoping I could play it to the end and have it maybe save that way. But I had enough after 10 hours.
    Will give it a go some other day, shame that I bought it at release day then.. :shifty:

edit:
    I understand that the problem is because of some server issue over at sony?
    but then again, why do we need to connect to servers to save progress in a single player game? what is this, the xbone? :poly142:
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand that the problem is because of some server issue over at sony?
    but then again, why do we need to connect to servers to save progress in a single player game? what is this, the xbone? :poly142:

It pinging the servers to record statistics and when it did that a bug popped up that effected the games ability to autosave. If you were playing offline the autosave would work fine, but it was just an issue with the server.
  • Inhert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inhert polycounter lvl 9
    The folks at Naughty Dog did a good job with this game. I am only 1 hour into the game and I am already immersed into the world. I think the date they chose to release not only because of E3 but it also coincides with the Father's Day weekend which is this Sunday. Totally was thinking of my dad in the first few minutes of the game. Also that one scene before the title pops up almost made me cry, very emotional scene.

Nothing related to the game but how do you guys do that black thing over the text to cover up what happens in the game as to not spoil anybody?
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    simply put spoiler tags around your text like this, without spaces : [ spoiler ] your text here [ /spoiler ]
    :)
  • JValencia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JValencia polycounter lvl 10