Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Whoa some of those screens are amazing :O
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Those look cool. I would guess its the camera he is tweaking. I am more interested in some of the mods he is running. Some of those pictures look really sharp and nice.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Hot damn those newest ones elevate screen-shot taking to an art-form! I want a whole game in the 'Dungeon Crawler' style. The vomiting would be so worth it!
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    You can find all the mods they're using by looking at the link Scudz posted and clicking the section which says "Mods...Link Here".

It won't 'show' you the mods to download, but it will give them their names.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    I can't really say how he worked out the camera, but he tends to tweak the .ini settings a LOT to get really nice lighting quality.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But some of those you have to get in the nexus? they are not in the workshop :(
  • Overlord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    He's using a custom d8input.dll that comes with ENB post processing effects mods and/or FXAA injectors. I've used them in the past, but they are very demanding on hardware and really only good for making impressive screen shots.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, the camera pictures with the 'sphere' world is what I'm most interested about.

I honestly think he just made a panoramic shot, stitched all to generate quarter images and then 'circularized' them like a pie before putting them together in PS, although that would take one heck of a time for such resolutions.

All mods on the Nexus should also be in the Workshops, although I don't use it, I use the Nexus and their Mod Manager for all of my needs at this point since I'm used to it since the 'good old days'.

I don't like using ENB unless it's about applying some extra Post-Process instead of using FXAA or God-Rays, other then that, I can't spare the extra FPS.
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    What's going on with the lighting in all those shots? It seems to be a lot different than what I remember playing in-game. Is that some mod too?
  • Overlord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    What's going on with the lighting in all those shots? It seems to be a lot different than what I remember playing in-game. Is that some mod too?

Yes, it's ENB
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    I tried reading up on it, and I don't quire understand what that does. I get the depth of field and SSAO stuff. But then that doesn't explain the lighting. It seems like it replaces their shaders too with custom ones? What do the new shaders do? And it also seems there's some kind of color correction? How does that work?
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a DX injector, meaning it puts up it's own variables in the shader parameters and the color correction is done through a 1D texture lookup (he site even shows how you can create one).

The only issue is, they lag systems like hell if you don't have extra juice to spare.
  • Orangeknight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orangeknight polycounter lvl 5
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/users/2175108 (go to this link then go to the little images tab)
    These are some of the images I was able to create with some mods, if anyone wants my mod list I would be happy to supply it.
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    He recently released a fallout NV mod, I usually get all my sauce here:
    http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=6ba2994b57d9b3ec81e8b8e3b7b6c91c

But seems like google adsense has banned him because of copyright issues, and since his source of income is low and he hates when this occurs ( happened before ), he's going to stop working on the mod.

To be honest, I thought this tool would be something the polycount community gets into.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Hey guys, do you have any good rehaul mods to recommend. I really want to change the experiene for my next playthrough. I never really felt like the depth in skyrim was deep enough. I was wondering if there are any good mods that has some cool changes?

I loved the original Oblivion Overhauls.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great, another Google Adsense drama, just what the guy needed.

The problem with (for example me never getting in ENB) ENB is I cannot figure out at the core how they were able to get that SSS look on the characters in some of them, to use as a 'base' to create my own effects. I ask around and most people said either 'nah, it's not worth it, makes the whole game look mushy' or 'I'll look at my ini bra', if I can remember LOL'

I could ask the author, but I figured the community existed for a reason so I could get quicker replies by them (unless somehow in the latest versions of ENB, only the author knows how to SSS certain elements).

Chris, you need to check this out: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuKI-JGForA"]Skyrim Mods Library - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty much all of the channel has mods for Skyrim.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I remember at some point, he had shown WIP images for an SSS skin shader he was working on, but I never saw a release for it. (but I never followed it that closely)
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Anyone out there itching for some new content? If so, Dragonborn drops, for X360, tomorrow!

I feel like such a marketing tool, but it really is great DLC. I hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/12/03/dragonborn-coming-tomorrow-to-xbox-live-coming-to-ps3-and-pc-early-2013/
  • Overlord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xbox gets the DLC first again? That's bullshit! I bought the PC version, paid the same price as everyone else, but I'm treated like a second class customer.

Okay, rant aside, I'm excited to see this coming out. I do look forward to playing it. There's just no excuse for this staggered release.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Overlord wrote: »
    Xbox gets the DLC first again? That's bullshit! I bought the PC version, paid the same price as everyone else, but I'm treated like a second class customer.

but we get day 1 mods. and now the workshop... so whats the big deal? xbox are limited to what they get and download...we can make and add whatever it is that we want to the game. :)
  • HardBaller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HardBaller polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah just looks at that heartfire dlc. we had build your own home as a mod loooong before that dlc was made. Heck let microsoft pay them to get early dlc. We can bring it and more into the game with mods and you name it. Hell if you don't want to wait. Make it yourself ;) (or is that going to far :P haha)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesus-tiptapping-Christ, not this again, we already discussed all of this in the past few pages, go back and read-them mate.

Also, yeah, we go mods, and Beth even made sure it was integrated well with the setup from Steam Workshop, I really fail to see how we're treated as second rate citizens in any regard, now PS3 users...that's a different story altogether.

As for the mod, hope people throw up some spoiler tags if they plan on talking about the story, since from what I got, this DLC is more heavily story focused and some narrative parts taken from Morrowind so there is some lore in there.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So the ps3 is still unplayable?i have not followed up on that. That would be pretty infuriating if i can't play a 60 dll game on console.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Only issue I have with the "but we get mods" counter argument, is how gimped the moddability is in regards to adding new custom content.

Want to make a new type of weapon? No can do.
    Want to make a brand new creature with custom animations and special attacks? Nope.
    Want to add new moves with their own animations to the existing combat system? Yeah no, that's all reserved for DLC.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    don't you get the engine with skyrim now? can't you do all of that using that? i am pretty sure you can customize everything in the game.
  • Overlord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 wrote: »
    don't you get the engine with skyrim now? can't you do all of that using that? i am pretty sure you can customize everything in the game.

No, you get an editor. No engine access. You can edit items, characters, environments, quests, dialog, etc. You can't add in anything there isn't a menu or dialog box for.
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin wrote: »
    Only issue I have with the "but we get mods" counter argument, is how gimped the moddability is in regards to adding new custom content.

Want to make a new type of weapon? No can do.
    Want to make a brand new creature with custom animations and special attacks? Nope.
    Want to add new moves with their own animations to the existing combat system? Yeah no, that's all reserved for DLC.

Well, that's not entirely true though;

Weapons: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26605

Creatures: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9694

And one I'm using myself for combat! http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13281

And I don't mean to crap over your parade here, quite the contrary, rejoice, as you can actually get more than you thought was possible ^^
  • Overlord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, that's not entirely true though;

Weapons: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26605

Creatures: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9694

And one I'm using myself for combat! http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13281

And I don't mean to crap over your parade here, quite the contrary, rejoice, as you can actually get more than you thought was possible ^^

Well, the rifle is based on the crossbow, so it's just a crossbow of a different shape. How about spears? Flail? Javelin? Lance? Quarterstaff?
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, those too exist. Throwable Weapons mod. "Where's the google, Mr Brain?", asked no one ever.
  • Overlord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm aware of the throwing mod, but what about melee spears and javelin? That's what I'm asking about.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I'm aware of the throwing mod, but what about melee spears and javelin? That's what I'm asking about.

That would be fucking awesome. Surprised they've never included those.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Meshes using existing skeletons for animation is a great example of how limited the system is.

Want to make a dwemer assault rifle? well you better give it awkward animations and build it's attack script ontop of the crossbow because you're not allowed anything else.
    Want your own monster? better force it's mesh to fit this existing skeleton.

If I want to make my own custom kill moves, I can't.
    I'm not trying to spew shit or anything here, this seriously is a part of the modding capabilities that has always annoyed me with Beth games.

Say I want to add a Duke Nukem kick function to the game, how would I go about doing that? How would I create something like a dwemer minigun with functional animations in first and third person?

The point is: The actual game changing addons are handled and by Bethesda. Everyone else can only build ontop of what actually exists, you can't make fully make your own thing.
  • Overlord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin wrote: »
    Meshes using existing skeletons for animation is a great example of how limited the system is.

Want to make a dwemer assault rifle? well you better give it awkward animations and build it's attack script ontop of the crossbow because you're not allowed anything else.
    Want your own monster? better force it's mesh to fit this existing skeleton.

If I want to make my own custom kill moves, I can't.
    I'm not trying to spew shit or anything here, this seriously is a part of the modding capabilities that has always annoyed me with Beth games.

Say I want to add a Duke Nukem kick function to the game, how would I go about doing that? How would I create something like a dwemer minigun with functional animations in first and third person?

The point is: The actual game changing addons are handled and by Bethesda. Everyone else can only build ontop of what actually exists, you can't make fully make your own thing.

Ah, so no quadruped dragons? That sucks.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7

bamf
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    A ton of things require big hacky fixes to even do a mere imitation of what one wants to achieve, but creds still have to be given to bethesda for improving functionality from previous kits to the new one, and maintaining a strong belief in the mix-and-matching of the plugin system.

Something as simple as adding skills was never possible before.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OFF TOPIC... but eld.. i keep looking at your avatar, waiting for it to pull apart to reveal Arnold behind it. hahaha

Back to the thread... i think there is just a lot you can do with the game... if its on PC, you can modify a lot of it... whether its using a tool or not... to me that extends the life of the game times a lot... I went back to oblivion after really disliking my first experience.. by that time there was an overhaul mod for everything.. play through... ui, look of the game, monsters, more grass... everything was there... with skyrim its the same... it just makes my experience with the game so much more enjoyable... and bethesda has supported that very well. Same goes with Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

The new DLC should be good... since its more of an expansion... but why complain about when it comes out, when there are so many tools you can explore while you wait...

so when is this dlc out anyways?
  • Overlord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK wrote: »

All of them are using two/one-handed animations. You can put basically anything in the player's hand under existing skills, but that doesn't make it functionally correct. If you equipped a broom under the two-handed skill, does that make it functionally correct? Hell, I could make a balloon sword and put it in the player's hand, but that doesn't mean I can make it work as if it actually was a balloon.

To properly introduce spears and other thrusting weapons into the game, you need to be able to include new animations, which you can't do. The same goes with lances and quarterstaves. They need new animations to support them along with combat mechanics, which is not allowed by the CK.