Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• MasteroftheFork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
    Well I'm glad to hear that the rune system works so well and has such a strong effect on your build.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Aww yea, live beta!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=17086&stc=1&d=1204869048
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Hrrrrnnnngggg! My only regret is not knowing any blizzard people! Been running so many playthrough videos in the background while i work the last week or so :D
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Wahlgren wrote: »
    Hrrrrnnnngggg! My only regret is not knowing any blizzard people! Been running so many playthrough videos in the background while i work the last week or so :D
    Ha me too, well i've been watching streams on Justin.tv and I can tell once I get a hold of this game, i'll be playing forever.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    How Diablo III’s DRM Will Affect You?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/22/how-diablo-iiis-drm-will-affect-you/

Hmmm... I wasnt bothered by the thought of DRM...now.... i'm slighty concerned.

Still can't wait though!
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    That DRM is looking like it's gonna be an issue for me. I REALLY hope they decide against it in the end, and make something that works for the people supporting them.

I'm still gonna buy it, and enjoy the hell out of it. Well, I HOPE I can enjoy the hell out of it with that awful DRM...
  • Ravenok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ravenok polycounter lvl 7
    If ANYONE can get me into the beta, I'll love him forever. Really. You can do a lot with my love. My love's worth a ton. Been waiting for 10 years, I'm getting a weird stinging sensation in the back of my ear whenever I hear the name "Diablo".

Come on blizz. I want in. Srsly.
  • Ahrkey
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Considering this year is almost over, that's not a problem. :) It's the end of September, 2012 is not far away
  • Millah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millah polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like items are on the d3 site now. A bunch of familiar items... and this!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tyraels-might

:)
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    SCREW all you guys with Beta keys!!!

SCREW YOu GUYS all to HELL!!!!

I'm... *sob* im like... (cries) not jelous.... *sniff*... not... j-j-j- jelous at ALL....

***curling away in fetal position sobbing on the floor***
  • MasteroftheFork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
    Man the art is so sexy :O
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Ahrkey wrote: »

Yep, next year it will be, I forget where I read it but some market experts looked at all the factors:

how long beta testing lasts
    shipping
    avoiding conflicts with other games being released
    strength of the dollar
    etc, etc.

They predicted March 2012
  • Stinger88
  • thatanimator
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    that looks gorgeous.. but eh stupid demon.. just tell everyone your plans why dont ya.. completely lose the element of surprise..
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Lol... been away all weekend. Just realised this is old news. Still.... I'm stoked!
  • Cremuss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cremuss polycounter lvl 12
    The cinematic is so awesome :poly142:
    But I'll be disappointed if the final boss will be this guy and not Diablo/Baal or even Mephisto :poly141:
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Exact same situation, Stinger88 :) It's easy to miss this news when you've been gone all weekend.

But holy shit is that an amazing cinematic!! LOVE those monster designs, and art. This really makes me wanna play Diablo 3 like, RIGHT NOW!! Gotta watch the making of now
  • BojanStankovski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BojanStankovski polycounter lvl 6
    Do you guys the new concept art, that was on Blizcon?
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You accidentally a word mate :)

But all of their concepts is always sexy :D
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Cremuss wrote: »
    The cinematic is so awesome :poly142:
    But I'll be disappointed if the final boss will be this guy and not Diablo/Baal or even Mephisto :poly141:

Diablo has been featured as the main antagonist in every diablo game, and is yet again featured on the box for diablo3.
    I'm pretty sure humanity will fail to prevent his comeback yet again, with Azmodan mainly driving the plot until that happens :P
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just ordered me some diablo 3 collectors edition!
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    eld wrote: »
    Diablo has been featured as the main antagonist in every diablo game, and is yet again featured on the box for diablo3.
    I'm pretty sure humanity will fail to prevent his comeback yet again, with Azmodan mainly driving the plot until that happens :P

I very very much doubt that Diablo wont feature in D3. Having said that though. We might not fight him in this release. They may hold him back for planned expansions. With the Boss in the cinematic being the end game boss in this one....maybe???...but doubtful.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    its very possible that the lord of sin is the end boss in this game. diablo 2 expansion, baal was the final boss. which makes him the final boss of diablo 2 over all. you kill diablo, then go kill baal after. the boss in the cinematic is another one of diablos brothers. who says diablo himself has to be in the game as the final boss? the way they took the story, its all about his brothers now, or so it seems
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    slipsius wrote: »
    its very possible that the lord of sin is the end boss in this game. diablo 2 expansion, baal was the final boss. which makes him the final boss of diablo 2 over all. you kill diablo, then go kill baal after. the boss in the cinematic is another one of diablos brothers. who says diablo himself has to be in the game as the final boss? the way they took the story, its all about his brothers now, or so it seems

As the diablo wiki nicely describes: Azmodan is one of the lesser evils, not to be confused or mixed together with the prime evils; the three brothers Diablo, Baal and Mephisto.

And in hell a civil war has been raging, with azmodan likely to have won, and the prime evils are since diablo2 banished to the black abyss.

In the cinematic we see Azmodan seeking the black soulstone as he believes it will make him a prime evil.

I do however believe that it would just be way too simple to have him be that final boss, and we will be seeing some twists and turns in the story, some which will involve diablo himself.

And the horadrim in diablo were specifically formed to combat the three prime evils, diablo has always been centered around diablo and them.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I hope you are spot on with the story eld, I wonder how many expansions they are planing.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Where exactly does the info on the wiki come from? people who havent played the full game? or was enough story released in the beta?

diablo may be in it, but that doesnt mean he`ll be the final boss. If something happens where azmodan gets the soulstone, released diablo and kills him, or makes you kill him, then azmodan is the final boss.

i mean, ya, 3 three prime evils have been the center... of one game (baal and mephisto werent in the first, were they? I cant remember.) doesnt mean they will be in this one. if they were, that would be boring and predictable. and neither of those words relate to blizzard games.
  • greevar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    greevar polycounter lvl 6
    I'm guessing the soulstone will xform Azmodan into Diablo.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Slipsius: There have been several, several Diablo books released. All the lore comes from those bad boys.
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Mephisto's soulstone was the only one actually destroyed on the Hellforge, so by the lore of the previous games he's the only prime evil that cannot be summoned again.

Potential spoiler:
    Diablo will most definitely be brought back, and quite possibly in the form of Leah since the cinematic version shown of Diablo itself was extremely feminine.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    ah, see, i didnt know anything about the books. and in that case... ill stfu now. lol
  • DBentley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac wrote: »
    Mephisto's soulstone was the only one actually destroyed on the Hellforge, so by the lore of the previous games he's the only prime evil that cannot be summoned again.

Potential spoiler:
    Diablo will most definitely be brought back, and quite possibly in the form of Leah since the cinematic version shown of Diablo itself was extremely feminine.

Diablo's soulstone is also seen being smashed on the hellforge, in the closing cinematic of act 4. The only soul stone currently unaccounted for is Baal's.

However, even with their soulstones smashed, it does not mean the end for either Mephisto or Diablo. They've simply been banished "back to the Black Abyss that spawned them", as per Tyreal. With the Worldstone destroyed, they don't need the influence of the Soulstones to maintain a presence in Sanctuary.

Or whatever. I definitely might be misremembering. I haven't played Diablo 2 in ages.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    I recall hearing something about a corrupted Tyreal making an appearance in diablo 3.... pretty excited to see that pan out, if it's true
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Diablo's soul stone was destroyed. As DBentley said, it's in the epilogue cinematic.

Who does the Black Soulstone belong to?
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Ah damn, I definitely do not remember that part. From what I watched of the most recent lore panel, the destruction of the Worldstone could be only conceptual, and the fact that it was 'destroyed' was merely a potential illusion.

From what I remember of the soulstones being destroyed prevented them from entering the (Chaos?) Sanctuary again, so maybe that was irrelevant as well.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The soulstones were created by Tyrael and used by Horadrim to seal the prime evils on Sanctuary (the "human" realm), thus why Tal'Rasha had Baal imprisoned in the partially broken soul stone and planted into his chest to battle him for eternity within himself.

Izual told the Prime Evils how to corrupt the soulstones so that they did not act as prison devices.

I think destroying the soulstones just prevented Sanctuary from becoming a permanent outpost of Hell, as Tyrael said. It did not actually kill the prime evils.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Twenty years have passed since the destruction of the Worldstone, the ending of Diablo II:Lord of Destruction. The world of Sanctuary was prepared for an invasion from the Burning Hells. However, the invasion never happened, prompting Deckard Cain to seek information as to why.[2]
    Much of the story will be based around the Archangel Tyrael.[2] Archangel Imperius is speculated to be present as well. It has been confirmed that at least one of the two remaining Lesser Evils, Azmodan and Belial, is behind the failed invasion of Sanctuary, and that Act II of the game will heavily focus on deception due to its association with Belial. That being said however, Diablo's return has been confirmed, despite his earlier death.[9]

Diablo III will end the storyline that began in the original game. However, it has been confirmed that it will not be the last game of the series and new storylines will develop. Chris Metzen, vice president of Blizzard's lore department, knows where the story will go after the game.[4]

An issue that lead designer Jay Wilson had with previous games was that apart from Tyrael and Deckard Cain, there weren't many memorable characters. It appears that Diablo III will break the trend.[10]

From the diablo 3 wiki...
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Kovac wrote: »
    stuff

So twenty years have passed since the worldstone was destroyed, and Leah certainly looks to be exactly that age...
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    edit: true, I shouldn't need to spoilertag speculation
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Why does speculation need to be spoiler protected?
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Ya I guess it does. I just personally wish I could unlearn the fact that I saw the new Diablo having female features but I guess that's common knowledge at this point.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Hang on. Did I miss something? Diablo with feminine features?...Where?

EDIT: Ahh...I see it now. I did miss this. Well, it does look very feminine.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/feminine-diablo-unveiled-at-blizzcon
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I gotta say, a feminine Diablo definitely makes him/her much, much less fearsome. To the point of just plain silly.

But, I guess in argument, the Prime Evils we see on Sanctuary are not actually their true forms.

I do not find female enemy creatures fearsome, I would prefer evil demons to remain genderless.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually find it kinda intruiging that the demons take form after their "hosts". That's kinda neat actually.

And a fem-diablo would be hella scary. All those rule 34's. Yikes.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All I do when I look at that Diablo is "Damn, look at dem hips!" :p
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    mmm child bearing demon hips.. mmmm

eh reading the lore on the wiki woke up the storyline in my head from DI and DII.. and suddenly I feel very old..

DIII will be just like when guns and roses released chinese democracy.. I spent a whole afternoon wondering what too em so bloody long...
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    No necromancer and no multi-monitor support for starcraft and diablo ( even in single player ) == No dork love at blizzard ( Do any nerds even work there? )

I don't wanna be a witch doctor. The witch doctor looks like a crack tweakin' fuzzy wuzzy mojo clown. Could care less for the Paladin, but u could have took both and rolled them into an evil cleric type and had an anti paladin that could raise the dead. ( making two user base camps happy with one stone )

I will wait and pray for a more reasonable outcome with the expansion. ( unless blizzard still bans for multi-monitor hacks in which case screw it... Torchlight 2 )

Anti-paladin fer those to young fer a DnD/michael Moorcock phase: link
    moorcock-elric.jpgral Partha's:threestageantipaladin3.jpg
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    I stopped following the D3 news a long time ago, but did you guys spot anything truly creepy or satanic on the screenshots?

I mean stuff like decapitated/impaled bodies from D1 or the Butcher's lovely chamber.

When i browsed through all the released media a long time ago, the evil atmosphere felt rather castrated on it.
    But i recall Blizz claiming that as the game progresses, it becomes much darker.
    So did anything from those later levels get revealed?
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    This maybe a stupid question but, is anyone buying the collectors edition from Gamestop that is just out now, plays wow, signed up for the annual commitment (that is you will play world of warcraft for a year) because you will get a free copy of diablo 3 to download from blizzard's website?