Diablo 3

Replies

• slipsius
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I play on 360.

The list slipsius posted is the reason D3 on console is way better. I have no idea why the made the design decisions they did on PC; they're painful.
    slipsius wrote: »
    DROPS
    • Drops are often tailored to the class you are playing
    • Less overall drops
    • Legendary drops (including plans) drop at a much higher rate
    • All legendary items can roll at all levels
    • Drops are often tailored to the class you are playing
    • First-time diablo kill on each difficulty will drop a guaranteed legendary

SKILLS
    • Certain skills have had their cooldowns changed
    • Certain buffs are now permanent and don't have to be recast
    • No cooldown on skills when swapped

GAMEPLAY
    • Paragon levels are account wide
    • There is no auction house
    • Nephalem glory globes added
    • Dodge feature added
    • Fixed camera angle (slightly lower)
    • Nephalem valor stacks to 3 (instead of 5)
    • Elite mobs in inferno have 3 affixes (instead of 4)
    • Can play offline
    • Easy, medium and hard mode added (provide no bonuses)
    • Rare items don't need to be identified
    • Ranged skills auto-target
    • Demon hunters cannot use melee weapons
    • Choice of resurrection
    • Automatic resurrection in multiplayer
    • Quick equip menu for gear
    • Cannot dye legendary gear
    • Quest rewards often include gear
    • Vendors sell better gear
    • Grotesque monsters don't always explode
    • Certain boss battles are slightly different
    • Crafting gems and gear have different costs
    • Potions/gems/tomes/pages stack over 100
    • Potions automatically picked up when walked over
    • One potion which heals in percentage (instead of set amounts)
    • Bodies in the environment are looted by running over them
    • Items can be marked as junk and sold all at once
    • Much more stash space when fully upgraded
    • Stash and inventory sorted by gear slots
    • Staff of herding requires less items (Black Mushroom, Wirts Bell, Gibbering Gemstone, Plan: Staff of Herding)

MYTH (not real)
    • No cap to movement speed

Waiting on Verification
    • Do potions/gems/tomes stack over 999?
    • Paragon level cap?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Just played through the first act with 2 friends, coop, on the couch. I gotta say, it was awesome... Best experience with D3 yet! So much fun. In the first act, we found 3 legendaries. All three were fantastic upgrades to whatever the person was using before. Not even a hesitation in using it. instant equip. I am massively impressed with console version! wooo
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Sounds like a better game and a good couch co-op game, but I doubt I'll be playing it anytime soon :\
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    paying for the console version having the pc version is a shame. I feel anger when i see the console items :(

Why the heck don't they put a patch on pc? the top level legendaries on console are insane.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    :/ I want the option to play the console version on pc.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    Blaizer wrote: »
    Why the heck don't they put a patch on pc?

They're saving it for the expansion
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Finally picked it up and started playing last night. This game is so much better than the PC version. (:() At 21 I have found a great legendary helm, decent gloves, and an amazing 1h sword (big green thing). The game just feels "right" now, it casually rewards you here and there with legendaries (I've gotten all of mine off the path of the main quest, in side dungeons), make you feel cool and powerful. I still get lots of crap, but also get a fair amount of good shit to make up for it. I had to do most of act 1 without chest armor, because none dropped, all i got were bows. Guess i could have bought some from a vendor.

Have had some connectivity issues to my router, so i was just playing offline (!). Hopefully can get that sorted out, my gamertag is mooselot, would love to do some MP!

my favorite changes by far are the camera interpolation on teleport moves (has been a pet peeve of mine since the game launched), and the increased monster density all around. So much more fun.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah yeah, the increased monster density is a HUGE change for me. I loved playing in Act 1 and just finding a huge pack of zombies. Way better than how it was for PC release.

I specifically remember saying "Where are all the enemies" on the first day I played on PC.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    yeah, the game feels like MP(n) Inferno everywhere with the increased density, without the challenge of Inferno! Fields of misery on inferno is amazing, and its great that it feels like the whole game is like that on console. Can't wait to try master V on inferno, ommg!

other things i love:

- resurrect at corpse. Seems noob-ish, but love it.
    - flag items as junk, auto sell junk at vendor. (SO GOOD)
    - quick-look item compare on pickup
    - single potion types that scale? fuck yeah.
    - 1,2,3 up/down arrows showing quality of improvement at a glance
    - auto-loot bodies on ground
    - DODGE - the Butcher was so much more fun with a dodge, and those bees in act 2? Feels like cheating its so good.
    - nephalim orbs. wtf they're awesome, going to be wrecking shop with these at 60!

not loving (omg nitpick)

- can't skip dialog bits in game. UGHHHH
    - Radial menus are neat, but don't give you a big picture of your inventory. the #/60 at the bottom kind of kills all sense of passage of time, by not getting to see your inventory stack up.
    - achievements/challenges don't auto sort by completion time/date.
    - camera angle makes it harder to see yourself in areas. Outline shader is nice, but is mostly a complaint of being too used to pc.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    Is there a way to flag items as junk through the dpad similiar to the quick equip?

Also to skip past dialogue (most dialogue prompts) just hit the BACK button on the 360. I assume that's select on PS3.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Was speaking of the ones that don't have a UI, that just have the chat bubble over a character's head for mid-game dialog stuffs.

For example: When you meet the Scoundrel at the farm, you can skip all that annoying chit-chat and get him to open the door quickly by hitting space on the PC. If you hit the back button at that time on console, it opens your inventory.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah yea, I'm not aware of any way to bypass that stuff. I know some of them just auto-complete if you run past them far enough, but not sure about the Scoundrel's dialogue - I never found a way to get past it :(
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I will be happy with D3 when console gets the expansion. Currently all the changes on console are super awesome, but the extremely linear story kills me every time. Can't wait for the loot/endless dungeons and Nephalem Trials!

Good way to play w/o having to play the story 1000000000x over.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Didn't see this one coming TBH, I used the regular AH a couple of times but I guess they're phasing it out by 2014

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    holy smokes... they are getting rid of it!!!

so we expect all the happiness that people are experiencing on console!!!

i am excited for it again!
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Ah, my friends scoffed at me for remaining optimistic that the game would be fixed by an expansion eventually, and while it remains to be seen how big of an improvement we will see, the news just keeps getting better and better.

I never hated Diablo 3 - I just lost interest. Now, though, from what people are saying about the console version, and the new features coming with Reaper of Souls, I'm getting super excited again.
  • Isaiah Sherman
  • WarrenM
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    It's a good move, i always hated the AH but i ended loving the RMAH because i earned easy money :).

BTW, there's a huge leak of Diablo 3 expansion on diablofans.com
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Wow! Big move Blizzard! I'm glad they're doing it! The AH really... affeted the way I played D3. It was pretty disheartening that even the most epic loot I found could be replaced for something cheap of ah. My game sort of transitioned from wanting to find awesome loot to grinding for gold to buy said loot of ah instead. :/ Anyway, hopefully Reaper of Souls fixes all the issues people have been having with Diablo.

Another thing I'd like them to adress is the itemization in general. All you're looking for in a weapon right now is pretty much the damage output. I'd like to see fun items as well! I want D2-crazy items :D
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I didn't completely hate the auction house, it was nice because it let you try weird builds quickly. Like boosting your pickup range to buff uncommonly used skills. But it became the sole provider of items and upgrading gear. I'll probably try it again right before the expansion comes out.

I still think there could be some sort of middle ground between relying on the auction house and getting rid of it. Maybe they should have a drop in the game that lets you use the auction house for 1 item, that way if you find amazing gear for a different character you don't have to try to sell it, but it would also limits the quantity and frequency of people using the auction house.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    wasker wrote: »
    Wow! Big move Blizzard! I'm glad they're doing it! The AH really... affeted the way I played D3. It was pretty disheartening that even the most epic loot I found could be replaced for something cheap of ah. My game sort of transitioned from wanting to find awesome loot to grinding for gold to buy said loot of ah instead. :/ Anyway, hopefully Reaper of Souls fixes all the issues people have been having with Diablo.

Another thing I'd like them to adress is the itemization in general. All you're looking for in a weapon right now is pretty much the damage output. I'd like to see fun items as well! I want D2-crazy items :D

Erm, have you seen anything on Loot 2.0? They are already spending a LOT of time fixing it all. from scratch.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Yep, I saw it. I hope they adress some of the issues I have with them : > To me it's not really about the drop rate (though, I think increasing the rare drops is a step in the right direction) but rather making items fun for players. Like give me a bunch of crazy effect gems (not +10-15 dmg, more like spawn lava bombs or 10% chance to reanimate corpses around you) and a sword with 6 slots in it. More crazy, less lame.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Yeah crazy skill based attributes, I found 2 really good +teeth skill items in Diablo 2 and made a teeth build, it was fun until the skill maxed out.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    If its anything like the console version, hopefully further improved and better, it'll kick ass. I found a necklace that had a 25% chance to spawn 4 arcane orbs that detonate. I didn't read the full attribute list to start, and was like "wtf whoa what are these purple orbs!!?" Rares are still fun when they drop too, they arent as frequent - i love that blues drop a majority of the time, then some yellows drop, and everyonce in a while (not ultra rarely once in a while) you hear the PHHHSPING! sound and there is a sweet item. My follower now has the awesome necklace of purple balls, and a hammer that shoots arced lightning every so often. fucking rad.

with the leveling of items in the expansion, plus removing the AH, can assume that its going to feel significantly different and better.

Also, from this announcement, do we predict the expansion is before or after March 2014?
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it is after. Blizzard previously stated they wanted to release Loot 2.0 before the expansion.
  • Leinad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinad polycounter lvl 11
    I was fairly shocked when I first heard of the news of the removal. Overall, I am extremely happy with the decision. The auction house was too efficient compared to actually playing the game.

The next big thing I am hoping for is for the game to become a bit more social. I'd like the game to actually promote genuine interaction with other players outside of staring at a chat window majority of time.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Im gonna start playing again once its gone i reckon :) I got bored pretty quick because I was playing the auction house more than the game :/
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    well, until the patch we have several months to play another games.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spqYg_aTTcA"]Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (New trailer) - YouTube[/ame]

Holy shit this looks like the game will be amazing again!
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Yea... it looks like they are actually adding features that make the game more fun, and set up for replay.

I am excited to see more of this.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i really dislike the fact that they're bundling so many of these features into an expansion patch. particularly the new loot which was supposed to be in game a year ago!

then again, i've always been of the opinion that small incremental changes are always better than huge sweeping patches.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Gir, all the loot and game system changes, and game modes... all of that will be a free patch. Only the story and new artisan and shit will be exclusive to the expansion. But loo 2.0 and paragon 2.0. They`ve already said that sort of stuff will be a patch, most likely right before the expansion releases.

Also, usually i agree. more constant updates are usually better. But in this case, they`re adding so much that it all needs to be implimented and balanced together if they want to make it work properly this time. Remember, this is their second chance. they dont want to blow it again
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    soooooooooooooooooo excited.
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    I know I'll get it as I jump back on D3 once and a while. Hopefully this direction breathes some life into this game. Sadly it will never be D2, which is a shame.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i really dislike the fact that they're bundling so many of these features into an expansion patch. particularly the new loot which was supposed to be in game a year ago!

then again, i've always been of the opinion that small incremental changes are always better than huge sweeping patches.

These features will be available to everyone, the only thing you need the expansion for is the new class, extra levels, and new zone.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Those new creatures look fucking awesome!
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    If anyone wanna try something like Diablo2 (better), try Path of Exile on Steam, it's free and offers more gameplay hours :). The skill system is awesome.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I'm not to sure if I'll pick this up. On one hand, you've got an awesome looking expansion, on the other, D3 has been dead to me since a week after launch considering how bad some of the problems were.

Path of Exile is everything D3 should have been, and more. If you like this kind of game and haven't tried it yet, I strongly suggest that you give it a shot.

On an unrelated note, do a lot of people still play Starcraft 2? I was a huge fan of Starcraft 1 as I played it nonstop for like 10 hours a day every day as a child, but I gave it up since it became too addicting. I passed up SC2 since I didn't want to get addicted to it but I was thinking of picking it up the other day.
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    I still want to be able to import custom models to deck out my barbarian with transmogrifications!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    These features will be available to everyone, the only thing you need the expansion for is the new class, extra levels, and new zone.

does "new zone" include the randomized dungeons that were promised before launch?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Path of exile is crap. It just feels super slow to me.

the changes coming to this game are astounding. all the classes are getting buffs and new skills that look siiick. the adventure mode.. ugh. soooo pumped for that.

all the new loot looks like everything it should have been int he first place. Im just over all EXCITED
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    slipsius wrote: »
    Path of exile is crap. It just feels super slow to me.

This is why it's said that "for tastes: colors". At the beginning all these games are slow, you don't have decent gear, and you don't know the game mechanics. But once you are customed, it's a great game.

Anyway, those that think Path of exile is "crap", should play it more time and not just a "see and close". Too many people said the same about Dungeon siege 2 (the game that introduced goblins with treasures :D).

BTW, i don't like what they are doing constantly with Diablo 3, they are breaking/changing the whole game constantly, forcing players to start all over again and forcing them to play more a more to get their gear. There are sick people playing all the days, leveling 10 characters to paragon lvl 100.

Before the 1.07 patch i had a gear with a great amount of DPS. With 1.08 they nerfed all more... and my DPS and my gear are now a shit. And the worse, is that with this new patch, i will need to play hundreds of hours to get a proper equipment for my characters, AGAIN, because my actual DPS will be nerfed a ~50% or more. And i'm sure they will repeat the process not 3 times.. but more.

I'm fed up of legacy items... the unique items are very very hard to get.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Path of Exile is what D3 should have been. Saying it's crap really says something for D3 then.
    What level did you get to before deciding the game was crap?

POE is just a deeper game, more builds, better LOOT and generally a better game imho.

D3 was just a let down after loving D2, hopefully this expansion fixes this with the new loot system and the removal of the auction house.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    PoE sucked balls because...
    Camera is too close in
    Art style is as generic as you can get
    Combat is boring, no satisfaction from killing anything
    The talent tree is flexible but so piss poorly designed, it could easily have been streamlined in to something less cumbersome, but they made it a main selling point.
    Skills are loot drops and rewards.

I tried it twice, first time I gave up half way through Act 1, second time half way through Act 2.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    So I just got done reading all of the info. that was released about Reaper of Souls considering I haven't really been following it and I am quite impressed at how much D3 is getting fixed. I would have expected Blizzard to just take the money and ditch the sinking ship that was D3 but they have actually gone and fixed the game in many ways and they're also expanding on it.

I won't stop playing Path of Exile but I'll surely buy this expansion on launch date and I'll probably go ahead and buy some other Blizzard products to support them as well.
  • Cremuss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cremuss polycounter lvl 12
    PoE is okay I think. I have 3 characters, one normal mode, one end cruel and one start cruel.

I agree it does feel slow though. And the art design/level design in general is so boring that I don't even want to farm at all... Skeletons, skeletons, bandits, snakes, skeletons, monkeys, skeletons, oh yet another snake, annndd skeletons again... Cmon, seriously ? And the environments are as boring as possible.

Plus bosses are just terrible, especially act 2. Was the whole creature design done in about 2 seconds by the a random art guy in the team ?

Not to mention the whole gear upgrade thing which I think is cool and weird at the same time. It's kinda hard to rely on drops for your gear because the main way you'll get items is via crafting, and yet you have to save all the orbs until end game because they're too valuable...

Overall I play it casually because I don't have any other arpg to play atm.. but I'm super super excited with D3 extention ! can't wait !!
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Marine wrote: »
    PoE sucked balls because...
    Camera is too close in
    Art style is as generic as you can get
    Combat is boring, no satisfaction from killing anything
    The talent tree is flexible but so piss poorly designed, it could easily have been streamlined in to something less cumbersome, but they made it a main selling point.
    Skills are loot drops and rewards.

I tried it twice, first time I gave up half way through Act 1, second time half way through Act 2.

The camera is adjustable, just like the one in D3, use the scroll-wheel on your mouse.

Art style is similar to D2. Generic because of it's dark fantasy setting?
    Most of Blizzards games could be called generic because they use they artisic style throughout their games.

While I agree the combat isn't as fluid D3, POE still doe's a pretty good job with the amount of skills you can use at any one time.

Yeah the Passive tree is pretty overwhelming the first time you see it and can see why it puts people off. But once you play a bit the stuff is actually quite layed out logically. It's this complexity that gives endless amount of possable builds.

Skills being loot drops or rewards is no different from other ARPG games that limit skills to level dependance. Level 1 gems are very easy to aquire through trading and cost you hardly anything.

If you've only got to Act 2 in Normal then I would really give it another go. Like most ARPG's the good stuff only starts to drop a lot later in the game.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    we're waiting for the ps4 version of d3, we've got the ps3 demo at the moment and have a lot of fun playing as a family. the ps4 version includes the expansion and has this:
    The most prominent of which is a new Adventure Kills system, which Berger described as "by far the most fun." Through this new system, when a player is killed by a monster, there is chance that the monster will level up and jump into a friend's game.

The first player's friend will be prompted with a message saying "Matthew's bane is stalking you," at which time the monster--described as elite and with special abilities--will appear on his screen. If the second player defeats the monster, the first player will receive a message saying their death has been avenged and the second player will receive loot.

If the second player is killed, the monster will grow even stronger and will stalk one of his friends, continuing the cycle, though it is not clear just how powerful the enemy can become.

sounds fun!