Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    are you trying to do campaign or adventure? there is also a drop down menu to choose different types of filters/specs.

haven't had any issues so far
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    What's the name of the Polycount clan? Cuddle Bears? Couldn't find it yesterday when I was looking for it.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    yeah, can message me in game: MOOSE #1283

don't think there are a lot of polycounters still playing, but still a few of us left :)
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    I still play regularly enough. I'm about to hit 70 on my seasonal character (wizard) but it doesn't look like I'm as hardcore are some folks here. Wouldn't mind seeing more folks on my friends list: deKaf#1480
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    So I jumped on at lunch today. Figured ok, all my RL friends place softcore, so ill play softcore on PC with them, and console is when ill play my hardcore.

First world problems, I logged in and figured out i didnt have adventure mode unlocked on softcore yet!!! I had been playing hardcore ever since the xpac. haha. Couldnt even try the greater rifts or anything.
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose & fmnoor, added!
  • slipsius
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Yep, I totally do this to farm loots :) You'll get 1 piece most of the time, but have many rifts were no legendaries dropped. Its not totally reliable, but works. There was a time where I got 15 rings and 8 amulets, mostly duplicates from rift 1 - 15.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Seems like something that'll get patched out. Cool for now, though!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    They may make it so you cant teleport out of the trial. I dunno. Its not like it's an exploit or anything. Some people prefer easier content.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's utilizing the content in a way that was likely not its original design intention in order to gain more legendaries than what they probably considered to be standard play.

I'm not against it, I say go for it! But do it while you can as it seems like something they'd patch.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Initially, like in my first 4-5 greater rifts, I would consistently get 2-3 legendaries per greater rift. Now I'm getting 1 if any in a run. Did a lvl25 rift, and didn't get a single legendary. Feel like they have some sort of secret sauce working, so that in your first couple greater rifts you'll have a higher percentage chance to get stuff, and then drop that over time to what is normal.

I don't really see it as an issue anyway. As you do normal rifts on even the equiv of lvl15 (t3), you'll get anywhere from 2-5 legendaries in a normal run. If in a lvl15 greater rift you finish and get 2, its not really any different, except one is timed and the other is not. then again, Random is Random, and you'll get what the rng gods toss your way :)

I dont think greater rifts offer more loot at all, nothing drops loot until you finish - and even then is significantly less than what you'd get in a normal run, they just cut out the chaff and give you crafting items, gems, gold, a blue or yellow, and a legendary or two. It is perfectly fair, and don't think its gaming the system at all - its using the system.

if people want to waste 15 minutes of time to get less loot than what they'd get in a normal rift, which has loot from mobs and from the guardian and can be done faster than this method, so be it :)

The XP rewards are probably more of a deal than the loot rewards, but nothing really feels out of balance to me.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    All they need to do to fix this issue is have a legendary buff that drops off over time inside the rift.

starts off at 150% and drops to 0% at the end of the grift. this will actively encourage people to finish the rift with good times. it won't stop people starting off on a level 1 rift, it will probably encourage more of that behaviour, but it will stop people leveling their rifts 1 at a time as they'll be actively seeking a higher legendary multiplier.

the reason people behave the way they do can be summed up in a very simple sentence:
    path of least resistance.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    ya i dunno. i really dont think they`ll do much to it. they may make it so you cant go back to town during trials. But wanting to run easy content isnt really that bad if thats how you want to play. They may lower drop rates in lower teir GRifts. thats about it. its not much different than a t6 equipped guy running t1.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    before, it was a problem that we never got enough legendaries.
    now its a problem that we can get them in a semi-reliable way.

*shrug* its not a big deal, really. Most of those items that drop are crap after a few runs, and just turn into Souls. Try rerolling a ring 10 times, you'll be thankful the ability to get loot easilly exists. :)
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ Yea, rolling sockets in jewelry is super expensive all around, having a nice supply of FS is great. Now if they just didn't require the 2nd highest tier gem...
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Nerd out moment: I got a Flying Dragon on my main monk last night, finally :)

Bxt6qRYCcAAIzCx.jpg

Now i can start refining other parts of my gear, going to try using the Legendary gem that boosts your primary skills + i have some pants that boost primary skill damage by 90%... want to hit 3mil combat damage :)

ps. wtb gold
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Moose, I think it's time you start farming for your boon of the hoarder! I got two portals yesterday, one right after another. it was awesome. cept, my second one, my loot got stuck behind the chest... I couldnt loot my legendaries :(

I hit 970k dmg yesterday. profile says 912k, but with all my pets out all the time, its 970k in game. 1.2 mil when I use my companions active

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eXawSt-1515/hero/52777960
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    yeah, need to do some goblin searching. Been doing KWs and got all the mats from the Ubers to make a Hellfire neck last night, just don't have the gold to buy the stupid pattern. Need a better RROG too.

lez do it!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    once i get my last maurader piece, I will help you get whatever you need. But right now, thats all im doing, is trying to get that piece through kadala. so lots of rifts.

Once i get that piece, ill be able to do t6 with ease.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    slowly buffing up my wizard in seasons. Can do t1 now atleast haha :P Maybe ill find a firebird set
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Got my mauraders set over lunch!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

Can definitely do T6 solo. Kills a little slower than expected, but I just need to adjust some of my gear. Get the right pieces. still so much to do!

Im down for anything now, though. rifts, GRs, bounties. I can definitely help rush anyone in seasons that needs it. Can get you to 70 pretty easily and quick, shoulda anyone want to try a new toon. Just hit me up in the clan when you see me on, or eXawSt#1515 if you arent in the clan yet.
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like they patched to improve Kadala and gem socketing (yay!)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16043922/patch-211-now-live-9-23-2014
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    omg, i wasted 1000+ blood shards, and kadala didn't give me any legendary... fufufufufuuuuck! :D

They also need to fix the huge perfomance issues. I don't understand why the heck the game stills freezes at certain areas or with some skills from other players. D3 Vanilla didn't have this issue. In hardcore more means the death of our characters.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I used to get hitches, i turned down effects and turned off AA. Turning off AA is definitely something I recommend, game looks so much better without it. Crusader's attacks are intense. Ive actually noticed performance boosts since the patch, would frequently drop on my WD when there were other WD's in the party using fetish army and the fetish talent. Screen would be filled with close to 100 actors + vfx, nuts, would drop to 10-15fps. Haven't had that happen since 2.1!

So excited about the gem change to enchant rings & necks! Now I just need to find a god damn mother fucking goblin realm.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    moose wrote:
    Now I just need to find a god damn mother fucking goblin realm.

still no portal to the goblin realm?

In the season, with the two globin bonus, i had the luck of opening 3 portals killing goblins in normal mode.

With my no season characters, in Torment 6 i have only opened 2 portals since the patch with the season. I'm killing goblins constantly but no luck now :( (there are goblin spots with high chance).

At least i'm happy i could get the gem for gold, dropped by the goblin realm boss. I'm using a gold gear to level up the paragon faster, like crazy. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Blaizer-2121/hero/8584030
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    WD with fetishes and the tornado (forgot the name haha) and gargantuan with multiple witch doctors was always a performance drop haha.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    yeah :( game hates me! Also no cow realm ever.

YOu should totally get an Avarice band! Watched a gold farming WD video the other day, dude made about 10 mil in 5 minutes. made me cry.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Anyone playing on PS4? Heard some pretty good reviews on how it transitioned to the console, gonna wait for Shadows but will probably request this for xmas, wanna check out the Crusader class :D
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I bought it on 360 last year and played it quite a bit. They did a very good job bringing it to console.
  • Zanoroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i don't think i'm able to play games like Diablo without the agility of mouse aim and click
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I was surprised how good of a job they did with the controls, I had the same misgivings Zanoroo. Console versions have a dodge mechanic that isn't on PC (right thumbstick), all characters get it. Target acquisition is a bit better than PC actually, i frequently lose my cursor on PC in VFX and chaos, and it is very clear on the console.
  • Winstral35
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this game is awsome from my prespectives
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Me and the wife got back into this. Loving RoS! Rocking a wizard atm, fire/mirror/2Xhydra build. Comfortably doing Torment 2 and able to do 3 quite well.

Seen here but I have the double hydra serpent sparker and some other better gear
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haus-lPFmzA

Extremely fun build!

I switch between frost nova and slow time. Think i prefer slow time as it disables for longer. Also switch out the energy armour for other things depending on how the games going. teleport works brilliantly if I'm not taking to much damage or need to rush. Still looking for some tasker and theo's and another firebird item, plus some other things to improve burn.

Annyhoo, here's my wiz. 112 paragon
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/stinger88-2509/hero/49605462
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I recently hit paragon level 100 or so and I have a bunch of set items and I feel my character has hit a wall, where I can only really try my hand at enchanting or gamble with blood crystals or whatever.

Is there a way to get out of that funk without just pouring an immense amount of time with the hope of getting better set items? I guess this is where I start a new character? This is the Wizard I've been playing with in seasonal mode: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/deKaf-1480/hero/52065418
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    fmnoor wrote: »
    So I recently hit paragon level 100 or so and I have a bunch of set items and I feel my character has hit a wall, where I can only really try my hand at enchanting or gamble with blood crystals or whatever.

Is there a way to get out of that funk without just pouring an immense amount of time with the hope of getting better set items? I guess this is where I start a new character? This is the Wizard I've been playing with in seasonal mode: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/deKaf-1480/hero/52065418

not really, you basically just have to keep grinding and grinding and grinding. which is why i stopped after paragon 605 or something (yes, i know, it's a crazy number... but i played with friends a LOT and we just did rifts all the effing time). i did start a season character: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Almightygir-1441/hero/47782611 but i got bored and just stopped playing.

even with all the changes they've made to the game, the item system is still incredibly bad. there is very little diversity at all and there are some builds that are so broken (see my crusader for example) that just make it stupid to even try for anything else.

i'm very strongly considering giving path of exile another go soon though.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I still play it casually, and i still don't have the items i were grinding for in these years lol

I do a run in act1 for a horadric cube with my gold gear items, and that's all. At least, i'm happy to see how much gold i can farm in 15 minutes. Rifts are pretty boring and not rewarding, and the issue with kadala is a bad joke. I have wasted like 5000 blood shards, and i only have had crap legendaries.

The other day i had the luck of getting a good legendarie but that's all, a very good lacuni.

There will be news for diablo 3 in this blizzcon. Let's see how many changes they will bring tomorrow.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They changed Kadala recently so she's more expensive to buy from but gives better loot. I got two of my set items from her. I also like the Greater Rifts for the gems you get - they're pretty good but unfortunately only seem to socket onto jewelry
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    I've been playing casually again. Started a hardcore seasonal character, and I'm actually doing the best I've ever done with a hardcore character. Granted, I hadn't put in much effort on previous attempts.

I feel like I've played this game a shitton, and all I've got to show for it is paragon 85 or something. I don't know how the fuck a person manages paragon level 605, but tat's pretty dope.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Shiniku wrote: »
    I've been playing casually again. Started a hardcore seasonal character, and I'm actually doing the best I've ever done with a hardcore character. Granted, I hadn't put in much effort on previous attempts.

I feel like I've played this game a shitton, and all I've got to show for it is paragon 85 or something. I don't know how the fuck a person manages paragon level 605, but tat's pretty dope.

basically, taking complete advantage of broken game mechanics... playing in a group as often as you can. we ran act 4 hell rift bounty non-stop for like a month because it was a crazy short quest with wicked exp/gold gains. in a group, it was something like 10bil exp per hour.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    For the new upcoming patch they changed all again... now we have "ancient legendaries", so time for moarrr grinding yeah!

They want to keep hooked their players at all costs, insane.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48250-blizzcon-is-here-live-updates-for-the-diablo-panel
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i've just uninstalled it, and won't consider reinstalling. they can only "improve" their game by adding vertical progression, which is not what's needed at all. what's needed is more variety in useful legendary items, not more powerful legendary items.

i'm done.
  • Jakob Gavelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakob Gavelli interpolator
    I'm a bit sad. Feels like D3 is going the wrong direction again. Path of Exile is just superior in every way, except the art. There's really no reason to play D3 instead of PoE..

I love Diablo, I've played it alot and the art is the most inpsiring stuff. I can barely play it because I just want to make art and figure out how they did it. But there's no customization. It's all about stats and finding objectively better items than you have. It's super easy to reach max level. There's no goal, no point. No replayability.

It's fun, but it's just dumb fun imo.

/Rant
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    Here's what Blizzard or any other company making a loot-grind game needs to do. Add different types of end gameplay, what do you do when you reach max level in Diablo 3? You grind for unique items. For what reason do you grind these items? So you can get even better items. But besides that there's really no reason to actually get better gear at all. Blizzard tried having greater rifts with ladders, but I mean come an. Who cares about that? It's just normal rifts but no loot. It's the exact same gameplay as the normal gameplay with no difference.

So what's the solution? Add something like a "Hero Defence" "rift", what is "Hero Defence"? It's a map type that had massive popularity in the Warcraft 3 custom game scene. So what do you do? You just defend X as waves of enemies try to kill you and the X, if the X dies you loose. It's something simple, but something that really changes the gameplay and gives the players something new to do. You could have NPC's that actually helped in the battles, you could have upgrades for said NPC's, you could hire different NPC's, you could have temporary upgrades for your characters, you could have towers. I just want some crazy shit. Come an Blizzard do something, do something crazy.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    I'm a bit sad. Feels like D3 is going the wrong direction again. Path of Exile is just superior in every way, except the art. There's really no reason to play D3 instead of PoE..

I love Diablo, I've played it alot and the art is the most inpsiring stuff. I can barely play it because I just want to make art and figure out how they did it. But there's no customization. It's all about stats and finding objectively better items than you have. It's super easy to reach max level. There's no goal, no point. No replayability.

It's fun, but it's just dumb fun imo.

/Rant

I'm actually in the same boat. I LOVE the art in that game, and I really want to enjoy it, but I just can't.
    The environments are too small, there's far too little customization, and far too few skills to choose from. It doesn't help that they decided to arbitrarily link runes to elemental damage and further remove real options.
    Path of Exile is awesome, but as you said the art simply cannot compare to D3, which is my main draw in the first place.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    anyone running into hacked gear? you know the people whose damage is in the millions

got lucky enough to bum a ride on a few 95 or 100 w/e keystone rifts and it destroyed my paragon levels to the point that the pop up saying I leveled didn't catch up till I existed the game

seen a lot of threads of people hating on it, I'm guessing somewhere along the lines they managed to add sockets to rings? I've seen a few people with rings that have 3 sockets each in them which is sweet when you load them up with Lgems but crappy that they aren't legit
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    This new patch is so F'ing good. Holy crap.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    This game keeps improving, Season 5 is amazeballs. I love all of the subtle and not-so-subtle UI changes and additions, improved flow and power scaling... so good!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ive been fiending it. Hardcore seasons. Im rank 74 for solo WD, and my usual group of 4 is at rank 86. or was at the time of this message. SO GOOD.

The new items theyve added are so good. game changing, for sure.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    .... What do ppl actually do in this game after they beat the big boss ? The concept escapes me.