Diablo 3

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14244559/patch-210-ptr-preview-6-17-2014
    Seasons

Similar to Ladders in Diablo® II, Seasons will offer players in Diablo® III a chance to periodically start fresh, leveling their level 1 characters and artisans from scratch. Season participation benefits include exclusive rewards and unique Legendaries as well as the the thrill of climbing all-new Leaderboards by completing achievements, earning Conquests, or running Greater Rifts.

Greater Rifts:

Formerly referred to as Tiered Rifts, Greater Rifts are a special type of Nephalem Rift that are designed to provide players way to measure their gear progression and efficiency.
    Legendary Gems:

Greater Rifts are truly a challenge, and conquering such challenges should be met with great reward. To provide a unique and upgradable incentive, we're introducing Legendary Gems.
    Leaderboards:

With so many ways to compete, we want to provide players with a quick and easy way to measure their progress. Enter our next big feature for patch 2.1.0: Leaderboards.
    Dexterity & Survivability:

A major change is coming to Dexterity to benefit Demon Hunters and Monks. Each point of Dexterity will grant 1 point of Armor instead of Dodge chance.
    The Cesspools:

While Seasons and Greater Rifts are definitely taking center stage with this patch, we're also providing some additional content to add more variety and flavor to your Adventure Mode exploration.

We may have additional treats on the horizon, but let's not get too Greedy. . .
    Why is Greedy capitalized? Maybe portals going into goblinville?
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    slipsius wrote: »

Because that's how I like it! :)

I have played D3 on and off, but I haven't even got around to get a single lvl 70 character so far. Plus I haven't even found any sets items yet. Was actually wonder if it would be any fun playing with someone, or if my packrat greed tendenses would get in the way.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    its better to play with people. You get more loot - both by being faster and having a buff that gives you a higher % chance to find loot.

You don't have to worry about being greedy or pack-ratty with other people, all the loot that drops is only yours, no one elses. Everyone gets their own stuff, and everyone gets things mostly appropriate for them, so the chances of you finding something that is great for your Wizard buddy as you play your Barbarian are pretty low.

When leveling to 70 you'll probably find some set blacksmith patterns, but most of the set items you'll only find at 70, and in Torment level difficulties.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod

Yeah, I'd say that's apparent. As it stands, goblins are near useless anyhow. They'll probably add a goblin spawn that opens a portal to Greed's realm upon death.
  • LaurentiuN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Harbinger wrote: »
    Ahhh ok, gotcha. I don't know where I read 10 levels, I think that's what confused me. Thanks!

The Rift Cow level has 10 Levels...
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    the cow level is one i still haven't got yet.

also, as much as i'd love to join Cuddle Bears, i can't be bothered to re-grind my characters + gear + paragon levels. sorry =[
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    yeah, the server split sucks, no worries :)

I havent gotten the cow rift either, Lord of Bells is the last boss i need for that achievement. Have completed a shitload of rifts, and thought i read they made it less rare... but still have never seen it. someday! I'm doing HC and Normal rifts, plvls are about equal (136, 135) too. Some day!
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    Anyone playing on PS4?
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    artstream wrote: »
    Anyone playing on PS4?

Yep. It's been great so far.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    playing on ps4 here. Amazing game. better than on PC.

eXawSt if you want to add me. Get some nemesis and gifts going. I play mostly hardcore, but I play softcore as well.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    playing on ps4 here. Amazing game. better than on PC.

eXawSt if you want to add me. Get some nemesis and gifts going. I play mostly hardcore, but I play softcore as well.

traitor! :)

2.1 releases tomorrow, so you guys on console can enjoy your seasonless, greater-rift-less, non-Hellfire-neck, no-legendary-gems, socket-upgrade-for-weapons, leaderboardless having game!

/poutdonthaveps4
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    moose wrote: »

2.1 releases tomorrow, so you guys on console can enjoy your seasonless, greater-rift-less, non-Hellfire-neck, no-legendary-gems, socket-upgrade-for-weapons, leaderboardless having game!

/poutdonthaveps4

I will!!! Only for a little while though... Till it gets patched....

you also forgot that we will be Vault-less... No raining gold for us.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master

/poutdonthaveps4

i have the console version for playing with my girlfriend + kids. my witchdoctor is almost max level with 0 deaths, all of their toons are close behind with god knows how many deaths each...

bloody casuals...

looking forward to the patch when it's downloaded hehe :D

current state of my crusader btw:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Almightygir-1441/hero/38938901
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Damn dude!

I've been hoping around characters a lot. Decided to wait on Monk play until this patch, as so much stuff is changing and will need to regear a little. My normal WD has turned into a BEAST http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/moose-1283/hero/8357167. been playing WD and sader a bit, have found my 3 favorite classes :) Want to try a cold DH tho. I like bouncing around between characters!

Stats aren't super high (am wearing some Dex items from my Monk lol, just hit 70 last week with this guy), but the helm + shard + pants is crazy. Having gobs of fetishes out spitting darts every time i do, while exploding in poison novas and poo gas is awesome. Need more elite dam, but with all the fetishes & my darts hitting a target, each does 900-1.2mil x 10 :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I got my first HC character to 57, then got cocky and died... It was sad... haha. But I did beat the game and unlocked adventure mode. Lots of trophies
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Damn dude!

I've been hoping around characters a lot. Decided to wait on Monk play until this patch, as so much stuff is changing and will need to regear a little. My normal WD has turned into a BEAST http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/moose-1283/hero/8357167. been playing WD and sader a bit, have found my 3 favorite classes :) Want to try a cold DH tho. I like bouncing around between characters!

Stats aren't super high (am wearing some Dex items from my Monk lol, just hit 70 last week with this guy), but the helm + shard + pants is crazy. Having gobs of fetishes out spitting darts every time i do, while exploding in poison novas and poo gas is awesome. Need more elite dam, but with all the fetishes & my darts hitting a target, each does 900-1.2mil x 10 :)

i mained monk for so long since launch, but then crusader came out and it was like "so... in exactly what way is the monk remotely balanced?", the answer is, it's not... monk and demon hunter are in a really bad place and need a lot of work.

from my personal point of view, the classes to play are:
    Crusader > WitchDoctor > Wizard >>> Barb >>> Monk >>>>> Demon Hunter.

Crusader is too easy to just faceroll with, and once you get the right gear it's a cakewalk. Witchdoctor needs a bit more of a specific gear setup, but you can run pet-doctor fairly easily, and if you have full jade harvester set it's possible to nuke a torment 6 rift boss in 2 seconds... but the stats have to be perfect.

Wizard is just a straight up nuke machine lol... there are a couple of good setups for a wizard, lightning + thunderfury for lolstuns, or mikkens ball of hate + magic missile for epic damage with no mana cost.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    yeah. too much focus on Diabos in sets and flavor items, when they're all around a worse choice. Maybe with the 2h buff in this patch that'll change, but I doubt it, 2 gems will always be > 1 gem.

i did get a little frustrated with the Monk after hitting 70 and gearing up my Crusader. Once i started seeing 10 mil numbers frequently, and higher, my monk seemed less appealing, since those numbers were rare or spread across lots of smaller ones. Also, could barely take hits, die quickly despite high resists.. ugly. From what i played on the PTR the dex:armor change helped a ton, excited to see if they're improved all around.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I actually love playing a monk. I started a new crusader, but I find him kind of slow. I dunno. Maybe I just need the right skills. I did get one to 70 on PC and still wasnt a huge fan. Monk seemed quick and dealt a lot of dmg with the right skills. I never did try high level Torment farming though.

Definitely excited to see the changes coming with 2.1... Just wish they came to console quicker. the dex change is gonna be huge.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Might not be a good idea to compare anything to the Crusader. My own grasp of it is far from perfect since I've only raised mine up into the teens, but he was obliterating entire groups of enemies in literally one swing from the very beginning, and that hasn't stopped yet.

Speaking of Demon Hunters though, they're my favorite, but I really think they need to overhaul the resource. So damn annoying and weak... No one else suffers that much downtime on abilities. It's also pointlessly convoluted with the presence of Discipline; you use it all on stuff that would just be free with a short cooldown for anyone else.
    I think the botched up resource they have is a big part of why they're so bad.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    2.1 patch notes are in the battle.net launcher. Not on diablo3.com yet.

Holy fucking hell. Monk got a MASSIVE overhaul. waaay more damage. Cant wait to try it out.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
  • praetus
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    EU servers won't get it until tomorrow morning, probably.

BOOOOOOOO!
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That boost to 2H looks pretty nice. There was a weapon with like, 3.7k base damage in the trailer showcasing the new features.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    The 2h change was necessary. I was disenchanting every 2h legendary I found because they were so bad compared to two 1h.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Yeah, it was. Not sure if it'll offset the lack of a gem? but dunno will see.

The Monk did get a huge overhaul. From playing on the PTR, the dex to armor change helped a lot for survival, and didn't notice the change to One with Everything (except fire resist, which i had 112 heh). The EP change was also pretty necessary, people were doing evil stuff in the G100 rifts.

Crusaders also are getting a slight damage buff too (heh) with the 2h change, ahhhhhh haha.
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, it was. Not sure if it'll offset the lack of a gem? but dunno will see.

The Monk did get a huge overhaul. From playing on the PTR, the dex to armor change helped a lot for survival, and didn't notice the change to One with Everything (except fire resist, which i had 112 heh). The EP change was also pretty necessary, people were doing evil stuff in the G100 rifts.

Crusaders also are getting a slight damage buff too (heh) with the 2h change, ahhhhhh haha.

Evil stuff? Care to elaborate, I didn't get to try out PTR and am curious at how people ruined it, haha.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I feel G100 rifts would just be filled with guys. so ya, exploding palm, the way it was, would just destroy the whole level.

btw, g100 rift. is that greater rift lvl 100? Is that how people are shortening it these days?
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, apparently Diablo is doing pretty well. So many people have logged in after today's patch that the server became unstable, I got disconnected, and now there's a giant queue to log back in.
    Pretty crappy since I was playing solo anyway XD
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Grimwolf wrote: »
    Man, apparently Diablo is doing pretty well. So many people have logged in after today's patch that the server became unstable, I got disconnected, and now there's a giant queue to log back in.
    Pretty crappy since I was playing solo anyway XD

Nope. DDOS I think. Getting really tired of these kids ruining the small amount of free time I can play games....
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    artstream wrote: »
    Evil stuff? Care to elaborate, I didn't get to try out PTR and am curious at how people ruined it, haha.

was a combination of items, and i think the % health modifiers to exploding palm.

vid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01FxeT5kygo"]?INVIS?Monk, RoS 2.1 PTR Greater Rift 100 Solo Cleared and the Problems - YouTube[/ame]
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Being a hardcore player, it's hard to keep watching that video when they die on the first pack of mobs...
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My friend keeps trying to get me to play Hardcore on PC. With all the server issues and recent DDOS attacks, I can't bring myself to level up that character only for him/her to die due to a hard lag that gets me killed by a mob.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ya fair enough. I had a few HC deaths on PC due to lag. Console is a much safer bet now.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    After doing some grifts in normal last night, I'm a little scared to go into HC :) but will still do it! Will probably end up getting lower rift scores/times, but better to be safe than sorry!
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got to try out the new patch 2.1 last night with some buddies. Wow, it's a great addition to the game, I think they still might need to do some balancing when it comes to legendary gems. For me, it's extremely hard and expensive to get a socket in any kind of jewelry (I spent 8 Flawless Imperial Rubies to try and socket an amulet and no luck, which adds up really quick). That's been an "issue" with enchanting since the beginning though, so it might be working as intended.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I'll be doing a HC character when the seasons start.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I leveled a crusader to 70 a few months ago in hardcore mode, 12 hours (and reaching 15 paragon in minutes). It's a pain in the ass the whole grinding, and more now with the insane item farming.

BTW, lvling to 70 a hardacore character is very very easy and not as difficult as before (before expansion). I always play with a ping of 125ms, and i didn't die.

On the other hand, I have killed around 80 goblins in torment IV but nothing. I was hoping to see the new things. The game is more repetitive than never and the gameplay is re-designed to trap players more and more... the new gems need to be leveled, you need to enter more rifts... the drop and the legendaries are still a shit... buah. I'm disappointed.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    pffft torment IV, what are you some kind of casual?!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    It really makes me wonder what people expect from Diablo games. They have ALWAYS been repetitive. This game is the most randomized a diablo game has ever been. Especially now. The whole point of the series has always been the gear grind. Always has. Always will. There's just more to do now with this new patch. Yes, when it comes down to it, its more of teh same. But it's still something new. Different places to go or whatever. New portals to enter. new gems that require leveling.

If grinding games arent your thing, then diablo definitely is not for you. Move on
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, Diablo is the epitome of gear grind. It was like that in D2 as well. As long as it's fun to kill shit while you do it, that's what matters.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Of course, i'm casual and without luck in these gambling games. I can't play more than 2 hours in a game per day, and seriously, i have better games in my steam library i need to finish :).

Now i understand why "some people" have more level in Diablo 3 and WoW and less level in 3D modelling hehehe.

If playing at Torment 4 is casual for you... i don't want to imagine your paragon level, nor your played hours. Maybe more than 800+ of paragon?

EDIT: oh man, i belived you were a PC user, and i readed you are a console gamer. The console version is 100 times easier and with better drop.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I play on PC and and play in Torment 4. I am only Paragon level 205 or so.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Blaizer wrote: »
    Of course, i'm casual and without luck in these gambling games. I can't play more than 2 hours in a game per day, and seriously, i have better games in my steam library i need to finish :).

Now i understand why "some people" have more level in Diablo 3 and WoW and less level in 3D modelling hehehe.

If playing at Torment 4 is casual for you... i don't want to imagine your paragon level, nor your played hours. Maybe more than 800+ of paragon?

EDIT: oh man, i belived you were a PC user, and i readed you are a console gamer. The console version is 100 times easier and with better drop.

re-read, i even linked my profile ;)
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Viewing your profile i can easily understand why you said i was casual lol

I already have 1 season character leveled to 70 (Demon Hunter, my fav class), and i opened 5 goblin portals in normal mode :S. the drop in the season characters is very high compared to normal characters.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i was rustling jimmies anyway. i went through a couple of weeks of non stop playing on torment 6 with a couple of friends and i gained a ridiculous number of paragon levels (playing with friends definitely worth it). but as a general rule i play maybe an hour a night nowadays.

as for seasons, currently paragon 30 wizard, got a RORG on my first level 70 bounty run lol. my friends are pissed.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I'm a solo player, always playing alone, and i have no luck with the drops hehe. My friends finished the game, the expansion, and all of them left the game. they don't see the point of repeating the same, because we need bazillions of hours to get "digital items for our pokemons".

I do a couple of rifts or contracts per day as much. But with the season, i've playing the double of hours as usual. With the gold gem dropped by the goblin boss i'm happy to see gold everywhere with every kill :)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    haha yeah the vault is awesome :D
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I've killed so many gobs, no vault portal yet :( Have gotten 2 Gifts tho! Waiting for set shoulders and another Flying Dragon! What I said about 2h before is wrong, ohhh man are they strong now. I don't want to dual wield on my monk, don't think i'd have the same speed as i do now. Fun!

trying a different build, with no primaries. Have seen people do it, but never tried. It's pretty badass. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/moose-1283/hero/51934613 (edit: site is borked, im not 222 in Season, only 60 :))
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have never been able to join an open game with other people. Even as a seasonal character, where logically there should be plenty of people at every level.
    Anyone else have that issue?