Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Smoke screen doesn't save you from those?
  • Shaffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyFingers preaches the truth and is right on point. SgtNasty you are blinded by Activision Blizzard Inc. a coproration with one purpose, to make as much money as possible.

The art is amazing
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    ZacD wrote: »
    Smoke screen doesn't save you from those?

It can, but I need the reflexes of a ninja, which I don't lol. (especially if he spawns one right under me, I'm sol!)
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    With player stats and HP pools as they are now, I don't see how they can have PvP without special PvP gear. 50k dps on some classes, and characters with hp that almost rivals that, PvP will just be glass cannons and insta-gib with the current stat allocation on gear.

Alternatively they could apply normalizing buffs/debuffs on players for PvP, so it'd be 100% skill and character build... but who knows.

I'm a little excited for pvp, never into it much in wow, but the few videos i saw pre-launch of some pvp matches were fucking awesome.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I hope its 3v3 it'd be fun seeing people waiting as long as possible to pop their invu spells, I'm sure I'll be using a lot of spells and skills I don't use in PVE, its going to be funny trying to chase down glass cannon DH and Wizards with speed increase boots...
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    I think I just quit. After getting pwned by two sets of Molten + Desecrate mobs, what am I working towards? nothing. Can't find gear, can't buy gear, deficit spending.

Tired of a broken game, servers of lag, patch choices, penalizing players dying from a broken game, dev's not listing. It's officially not fun for me anymore...

I've enjoyed D3 up to inferno, but inferno.... mmeeeyeeeaahh.....
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Rwolf

"Azmodan's black pools are now much more survivable. I killed him without using diamond skin or teleport. As long as you are running away from the pool when it spawns on you, you shouldn't die (I have 10% movement speed, FWIW, so I was able to get out quicker than someone without movement speed)"
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    ZacD wrote: »
    Rwolf

"Azmodan's black pools are now much more survivable. I killed him without using diamond skin or teleport. As long as you are running away from the pool when it spawns on you, you shouldn't die (I have 10% movement speed, FWIW, so I was able to get out quicker than someone without movement speed)"

So does the pool "grow" more slowly now? I guess it would be more feasible then. Being a typical glass cannon build, I have 13k hp, and no resists heh heh.
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy shit, 13k no resist? That's really low even for a glass cannon. And honestly glass cannon probably isn't viable anymore. Just start goblin farming or gold farming and start getting some high dex, vit, all resist gear.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    you think pvp will add a lot to the game when power can literally be bought?

what good is pvp when the guy with the most money will always have the upper hand?

There's a gigantic difference between just having reached level 60 to being fully equipped 60.

They're hopefully already having a matchmaking system in place that takes equipmentlevel into account.
    So if all things are right you can buy yourself power but you'll only play with others that have maxxed out there equipment.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    SgtNasty wrote: »
    Holy shit, 13k no resist? That's really low even for a glass cannon. And honestly glass cannon probably isn't viable anymore. Just start goblin farming or gold farming and start getting some high dex, vit, all resist gear.

Too late, quit, and GF is boring as F'
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha Rwolf, the repair bill increase was LITERALLY implemented to stop the exact build you were doing.

I was thinking, what if they do implement PvP only gear, and make it account bound? That might actually be a decent solution to the "buying power" problem. Can only obtain the gear by PvPing.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    You know, I wasn't referring to my DH for repair bills, it was my Barb.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Haha Rwolf, the repair bill increase was LITERALLY implemented to stop the exact build you were doing.

I was thinking, what if they do implement PvP only gear, and make it account bound? That might actually be a decent solution to the "buying power" problem. Can only obtain the gear by PvPing.

reckon they'd tie it to crafting possibly?

and omfg, haha, hello Warden fun:
    The Warden (mini-boss)
    General
    Now has Fast and Molten affixes, in addition to Jailer
    In Inferno difficulty, the Warden will also gain the Desecrator affix

and Siegebreaker:
    Siegebreaker
    General
    In Inferno difficulty, Siegebreaker will now gain the Reflects Damage affix
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did Warden and Siegebreaker tonight. Warden is still a pushover it seems. Siegebreaker is a bit tougher now, you can't just go all out on him. If you slow down a bit though and pot on cooldown it's still pretty easy.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I killed the Act 2 boss on nightmare and i only got 2 blue items and a bunch of money. That's fucked up. I should AT LEAST get one gold weapon or something. that guy is a total dick, too.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    ErichWK wrote: »
    I killed the Act 2 boss on nightmare and i only got 2 blue items and a bunch of money. That's fucked up. I should AT LEAST get one gold weapon or something. that guy is a total dick, too.
    Yeah, it sucks. For some reason Blizzard made it so you got guaranteed golds when killing bosses for your first time in normal, but not the later difficulties. Don't expect to see many golds anymore until you get the nephalim valor buff.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ya, i almost never find golds on bosses anymore. its messed. Though, I seem to find them fairly often on other mobs. weird
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I did Warden and Siegebreaker tonight. Warden is still a pushover it seems. Siegebreaker is a bit tougher now, you can't just go all out on him. If you slow down a bit though and pot on cooldown it's still pretty easy.

oddly enough, the skeleton king was actually a bit more challenging w/ the addition of skeletal archers. not significantly, but it did add some extra flavor and changed the fight for the better.

Siegebreaker gave me a hell of a time on Hell, but i went super slow and used Tyrael to tank. Sadly, that will probably not be valid anymore with the AI changes to not target NPCs as much. Excited to fight him on Inferno!
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    I quit. The patch is RIDICULOUS. I am a barb, and the repair bill is insane. Even if I don't die, I'm losing money from just killing mobs. Lol, Blizard really is greedy. Now everyone will start looking to put real money, because coin is hard to make, and blizzy will love its 15 percent profit. Heh.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    i farm 350k of gold just doing the last chapter of act 3 in hell mode, and in ~20 minutes, but it's boring as hell. It can't be helped.

This patch will clean the game from noobs, and i think that's good. furthermore, if you don't like the game and you ended it in normal mode, like we all say, "here's the exit door", you should be happy because you saw the blizzard cinematics LOL. Diablo it's only a cool farming game and very short, but if you take the things as a casual, it's funny.

The people are nuts with this patch (when they asked for it), if your character was nerfed, just think in another build.. or play with other classes. And if you don't want to spend 1 month farming gold in order to buy an item of 25 millions... just quit, easy. There are too many great games, and this game... sincerely, is only made for persistent, constant people, hardcore gamers.

Most of my friends left the game when they killed diablo in normal mode. You won't earn a shit killing diablo in inferno mode, seriously.

What blizzard should do now, is to put a cap on the AH prices, max 1,5 million of gold per item.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I hope the AH gold prices drop like crazy the next 2 weeks, everyone should be broke with the repair costs, besides monks and barbs, and the few durable DH and wizards.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Blaizer wrote: »
    i farm 350k of gold just doing the last chapter of act 3 in hell mode, and in ~20 minutes, but it's boring as hell. It can't be helped.
    Uh, okay, I don't see how that's possible. I do pretty much the same run (I get 5 stacks of neph valor, then run from siege breaker through to the end of the act). It takes about 30 minutes and I get 100k if I'm lucky - and I thought that was pretty good. How are you getting 350k?
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Shiniku wrote: »
    Uh, okay, I don't see how that's possible. I do pretty much the same run (I get 5 stacks of neph valor, then run from siege breaker through to the end of the act). It takes about 30 minutes and I get 100k if I'm lucky - and I thought that was pretty good. How are you getting 350k?

I have a base of 285% of gold farming without x5 nephalem buffs. For me it's pretty easy to see stacks 400-2000 of gold dropped on the ground after a kill. And the special/elite mobs drops various stacks of 1000-2500.

My templar is geared also with gold farming equipment, so he adds me more points.

My DH was not affected with the nerf, cuz i don't use IAS build, so i kill in hell mode with one hit. You need to have gear with speed of movement, the passive skill of running, and a good gear with all the pieces with gold finding from 20-40. And with the helm, the best is to use the ultimate emerald.
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    This about sums it up.
    :thumbup:
    haha yea.
  • Stinger88
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    If bosses don't drop gold loot what's the fuckin point. It's the entire reason i look forward to fighting them, because i assumed they'd give me the best drops.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Elite runs are a lot more fun, you get more drops, and its not doing the same thing ten times an hour.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Blaizer wrote: »

This patch will clean the game from noobs

Boring = Not fun
    Thanks for calling a me a noob :( (I would of been fine if you said "weak" lol)
    I was doing Belial Run's with my barb pre-patch. And since dying is still common on tough elites, and no way I'm doing butcher runs again.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Stinger88 wrote: »

I watch this guy stream a lot. Kripp is from Toronto. But, honestly, I dont think it's that big of a thing for these two. They exploit the shit outta the game. They stand where you cant get hit from certain spells. They use the hydra bug. kripp spent $800 on some gaming site to get gear. D2SOJ or something like that. And, I dont even think they are that hardcore. Anytime kripp gets new gear, he matches the stats on his softcore character to test it out and test out new builds and stuff. Not really that hardcore, if you ask me.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    That video is intense. pre, post, during, whatever patch, my heart would be thumping with an inferno hardcore character trying to kill diablo! so awesome.

Its a fucking shame that all that excitement, stress, and skill is rewarded by those 3 items. In a game thats all about loot, there isn't much of it there. Sure, he lost NV, but for a final boss of an incredibly intense and challenging mode, that is weak. I'm surprised, honestly - the risk:reward is extremely imbalanced. World of Warcrft was very good with risk:reward in raiding (Sunwell, hard-mode raid bosses, etc) so its a little confusing to see this.

Hardcore, Act 4 Inferno bosses should all drop Account-Bound amazing gear, especially Diablo.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Ouch, just watch a stream w/ a 47dps wizard that took 3 hours to kill Ghrom... Yet kill's siegebreaker no probs...
  • Matabus
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
    Matabus wrote: »

you work for runic!? lol that's awesome! I want you to know that I didn't buy diablo 3, and am presently playing torchlight 1 instead

anyways, I think it speaks volumes that the people at Blizzard didn't think that hardcore players who beat inferno should get some epic/special/unique reward for doing it. It just boggles my mind that it never occured to them to properly reward anyone who manages to do it, let alone the first in the world.

I think they should have gotten a ring or something that gives them +500% gold drops and magic find if they are first in the world.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I understand they're doing this because of spam bots and such that run on newly bought accounts... but this is the wrong way to do it.

This is just going to cause new D3 players to all demand refunds. It's so easy to get to the Skeleton King in this painfully easy game, takes like... what... 2 hours tops for a new player? You can't play their game for more than 2 hours for the first 3 days?

FAIL
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Outside of the issue that we fixed, digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone's play experience.

The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)

Thats from a blizzard rep on the forums here. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888808976?page=1#4

I have never heard of anything like this before. I think maybe gamestop online for an online code the card needs to go through first. Dunno what to make out of it just yet. First impression? Thats pretty lame.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    glottis8 wrote: »
    I have never heard of anything like this before. I think maybe gamestop online for an online code the card needs to go through first. Dunno what to make out of it just yet. First impression? Thats pretty lame.

They should've implemented a new type of access with full leveling capability but trading and auctionhouse locked, it would've prevented farmers from feeding the system before they've been discovered and let regular customers play after hitting level 13.

I can see why they're doing it, but I can also see why it upsets people. Why it upsets people who already have the game, or those who don't intend to buy it I wouldn't know though.
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    Ok... I used to LOVE Blizzard, and I mean LOVE them. I have purchased and played the hell out of every game they've ever made since the original Warcraft. I moved from Maryland to California and went to school for game art out here just because that college was listed on their internship program website. I absolutely loved the art in Diablo 3. It was incredible. The cinematics were beyond amazing.

But dear holy fucking sheep shit... I seriously cannot believe how ridiculous this is getting. Every time I think this cannot possibly get any worse, it somehow finds a way.

I'm REEEALLY not trying to be a hater here, but I really feel like anyone who defends these kind of actions has to have their blinders on. If Diablo 3 didn't have the Blizzard name on the box, it would be viewed in such a negative light by the press / general public.

I am blown away. I have no words.

Torchlight 2 needs to hurry up and come out so my soul can be at peace once more. (If you read this statment and assumed I will be playing Diablo 3 until Torchlight comes out, you are incorrect. I uninstalled Diablo 3 a few weeks after release.)

iam going to quote you on this.

the game is looking really good, no doubt about it
    but it feels like they wrote down everything that was good about d2 and set the paper on fire afterwards
    i cannot understand the decission making process here.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    iam going to quote you on this.

the game is looking really good, no doubt about it
    but it feels like they wrote down everything that was good about d2 and set the paper on fire afterwards
    i cannot understand the decission making process here.

Jay Wilson

Sorry reading too much of the perfect storm of the bnet forums.
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya, getting locked out for 3 days would really suck. I'm not defending that, but like Eld said, if you already own the game, then this is actually good for you. It's preventing bot accounts and things like that so that the people who already own the game will have a better experience.

Pretty significant change, but they must have felt it was necessary for the overall health of the game.

This change and the change to items not dropping from vases and barrels and stuff were both made to combat botting (that is my understanding at least). I personally dislike the change about items dropping from barrels and stuff to be much worse, because that actually affects the gameplay from start to finish. I remember when I was first playing through I got a rare from a log in the festering woods, and was all excited. New players won't get that experience :(
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    eld wrote: »
    Why it upsets people who already have the game, or those who don't intend to buy it I wouldn't know though.

maybe because if this makes the round, you will be the next one suffering from things like this.
    i understand perfectly WHY they are doing it, but the way they prevent things like this is really fucked up
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    because of the change to drops from barrels, the knock on effect is that the increase in cost of repairs in inferno mode, for anyone who's a casual player, is just insane. a couple of my friends have already bankrupted themselves through repair costs, and they don't even die that often. they just fail to break even.
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They said they will probably reduce the cost of "wear and tear" for repairs. I'm guessing that will happen pretty soon as well, since a lot of people are pissed about it.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Yeah, those repair costs for a solo player is insane (hur hur). However, while doing public games, I'm not having any problem making the gold i need to repair. Definitely dumping a lot more gold into it than i would the AH, but unfortunately the precedent of 10mil+ for high level item sales on AH is still around, making it that much more difficult to earn those values in a normal amount of time.

Love the change in gem-combining cost though, hooooo boy. Cleaned up a lot of precious stash slots :D
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Seems like they're going to fix the level and act cap on unverified purchases now, which makes it less of an issue.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    love it, server status for EU says they're up, but they're not haha.
    If Diablo 3 didn't have the Blizzard name on the box, it would be viewed in such a negative light by the press / general public.
    this kinda sums up my experience so far. the art is good, the general idea of the game is good.

the story is... well, it's just so predictable. i can't think of a single thing that surprised me. you only need to look at the colour pallet of the game to understand that
    the man who fell from the sky MUST have been Tyrael
    , the cinematic they released a year or so ago, of Leah receiving a "vision" from the soulstone made it almost immediately obvious that Azmodan was speaking to someone who wasn't Leah, and that in combination with "lolz i have hidden uncontrolable powers which kill anything that tries to hurt me" kind of made it obvious that
    she is diablos vessal

lets face it, those are the two only big parts of the story, the rest is pretty much fluff, and not much of it... i don't want to come off as too negative, or knocking peoples work... but really, 7 years of development (or more) and THIS is the story we get? my 8 year old reads more complex storys, which actually take longer to get through... and they cost £3.99!

i'm also failing to understand the point of the game at this point... you get through normal... play the exact same content again with the difficulty a little harder, and then do it again, and then do it again. except the final time the difficulty is ramped up through the roof so it's more like a brutal grind. that's cool, but then when you finish inferno mode... what then? grind for items to do... what? i already beat the hardest thing in the game, so what do i need those items for? i don't want to keep playing the same content over and over, with the difficulty ramped up each time. wouldn't it have been better to have made each act increase in difficulty (as you level up), and make those acts longer, and more engaging?

and then to essentially shut out casual players, by simultaneously removing "easy" gold, and increasing repair costs astronomically, it just doesn't make sense to me. i get it, gold sellers are a problem... but you already countered that by allowing "legal" sale of gold on the RMAH, and "power buying" your gear aside the problems with RMAH are fairly limited. it's essentially the same as any other micro-transaction survice from other free to play games, except that it's a living player driven economy.

i dunno... this honestly (in hindsight) feels like a £15.99 indie game from steam, not a Blizzard flagship title.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    The writing isn't just predictable, it's terrible and irritating because the audio for each boss is facepalm worthy. They just throw one-liners at you even when you're destroying them. Have them show some fear, some altered tactics, something to reenforce the direction of battle and make the player feel like they're really triumphing. Small touches can really make the mood, and right now it just grates on my nerves hearing every boss talk smack nonsensically. Cydea" "I eat you now!" ffs, you're at 10% life getting hammered by 4 dudes. I know you're kinky, but lets be realistic.

I've griped about that before, but every time I kill a boss it just irritates me more and more.

Also bosses are just boring. They had such unbelievable opportunities to make excellent and interesting boss battles, but instead you need to find a fire chains jailer boss pack to get any excitement. Thin about Act 3: The Siegbreaker obviously broke into Bastions keep when you pass the giant hole in the 3rd quest, but you instead fight a horribly stupid looking and easy to beat obesity monster. Why not have the siege breaker charge through the wall and knock you into the bastion's keep courtyard where you duke it out with soldiers coming to your aid and getting mowed down? Why do those chained giants in the towers never do anything? That's the most amazing concept just wasted for no reason. They could have been Azmodan's guardians in the boss fight, setting up a throne room battle like Baal in D2.

Or what about Diablo. He's all 7 evils combined, and that comes into play... not at all in any way shape or form. Where's the poison from Andariel, the freeze from Duriel, the lightning blast from Meph, or Azmodan's hell pit things? Why do we fight shadow clones of ourselves in the realm of terror instead of aspects of the 7 evils? How cool would it be to fight shadow Andariel and Duriel, who die to combine into Mephisto, and shadow Azmodan and Beliel who combine into Baal, and then Mephisto and Baal die and form Diablo? Just anything!? Blizzard has some amazing talent, so I can't imagine why the boss battles are so dogshit boring. Design by committee I guess?

So much potential wasted. But... I'm having fun in Inferno nonetheless and hopefully I can farm items to win back the cash I wasted on this game so it'll be all good.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    i dunno... this honestly (in hindsight) feels like a £15.99 indie game from steam, not a Blizzard flagship title.

300 hours played so far, a game I wouldn't recommend to my friends but still have the uncontrollable habit of just logging in to not do a whole lot - and don't feel like gaining anything at all. Feels exactly like how all MMOs make me feel - certainly nothing like a indie game!

I associate short bursts of fun and innovation when it comes to the "feeling" of indie games.

I think it's time to just sell all my stuff.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    dfacto wrote: »
    The writing isn't just predictable, it's terrible and irritating because the audio for each boss is facepalm worthy. They just throw one-liners at you even when you're destroying them. Have them show some fear, some altered tactics, something to reenforce the direction of battle and make the player feel like they're really triumphing. Small touches can really make the mood, and right now it just grates on my nerves hearing every boss talk smack nonsensically. Cydea" "I eat you now!" ffs, you're at 10% life getting hammered by 4 dudes. I know you're kinky, but lets be realistic.

I've griped about that before, but every time I kill a boss it just irritates me more and more.

Also bosses are just boring. They had such unbelievable opportunities to make excellent and interesting boss battles, but instead you need to find a fire chains jailer boss pack to get any excitement. Thin about Act 3: The Siegbreaker obviously broke into Bastions keep when you pass the giant hole in the 3rd quest, but you instead fight a horribly stupid looking and easy to beat obesity monster. Why not have the siege breaker charge through the wall and knock you into the bastion's keep courtyard where you duke it out with soldiers coming to your aid and getting mowed down? Why do those chained giants in the towers never do anything? That's the most amazing concept just wasted for no reason. They could have been Azmodan's guardians in the boss fight, setting up a throne room battle like Baal in D2.

Or what about Diablo. He's all 7 evils combined, and that comes into play... not at all in any way shape or form. Where's the poison from Andariel, the freeze from Duriel, the lightning blast from Meph, or Azmodan's hell pit things? Why do we fight shadow clones of ourselves in the realm of terror instead of aspects of the 7 evils? How cool would it be to fight shadow Andariel and Duriel, who die to combine into Mephisto, and shadow Azmodan and Beliel who combine into Baal, and then Mephisto and Baal die and form Diablo? Just anything!? Blizzard has some amazing talent, so I can't imagine why the boss battles are so dogshit boring. Design by committee I guess?

So much potential wasted. But... I'm having fun in Inferno nonetheless and hopefully I can farm items to win back the cash I wasted on this game so it'll be all good.

I gotta agree with your perception of Diablo. The first thing that i was a little dissapointed was that you don't go to hell in this one. I think the heavens was a little bleak in my eyes. There was no real majesty in it. Then Diablo was just like uninteresting, and he takes you to the realm of terror where its a little dark... with a twirling vortex and that is it.... no undertones of horror or what it is to fight all 7 evils in one. I think there were some more interesting boss fights in that game than the last one. It's really too bad... the story was ok for me.. i like the narrative and the small chit chats you have with your follower. I like the wide range of locations and how pretty everything is.

I just think it left a lot to wish for the expansion when you pursue Adria and the black soulstone. It just feels unfinished, it might be worth to comment that i didn't feel SC2 was unfinished, and the story, even with its cliffhanger felt more complete.
  • Fomori