Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    So anyone noticing funky stuff going on with the real money AH? I'm putting up items that should sell for sure if the search results are to be believed, and then they get no bids and expire. But if I put them up, search for the same item and find it, it says there is a bid on it at the minimum price. This has happened repeatedly, and I'm thinking Blizzard is just pumping up the AH numbers to make business seem brisker than it is. Anyone else seeing this?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    dfacto wrote: »
    So anyone noticing funky stuff going on with the real money AH? I'm putting up items that should sell for sure if the search results are to be believed, and then they get no bids and expire. But if I put them up, search for the same item and find it, it says there is a bid on it at the minimum price. This has happened repeatedly, and I'm thinking Blizzard is just pumping up the AH numbers to make business seem brisker than it is. Anyone else seeing this?

thats the default behavior, it shows how much the first bid you set in the UI is, when there are no bids. Once there is a bid, it raises to what the person bid. its a little confusing, but lets someone know what you set the min bid as instead of showing 0, and being surprised the min bid is 100000
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    anyone still playing?

Don't think i posted my battletag... my friends list of "online" people is getting smaller and smaller :( I have an array of characters from normal through inferno, and nightmare hardcore.

moose#1283
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    not really playing, but I did just pick this up for my phone :)

product?productId=1100002039&type=3&loc=en-US

theres a bunch of em.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/search.xml?q=iPhone

The game is ok, but i love the art.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I just uninstalled the game. I got to level 54 with my Barb, and didn't feel compelled to play any other character, or any other campaign. Made it through Hell.

Anybody else feel that the game gets old really fast? i enjoyed it... and now... it just got boring. I'll prbly install SC2 now... the mp in that game is a lot more fun.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    I'm only in nightmare and already getting pretty bored. I don't like having to basically play through a 20 hour tutorial to get the point where the game is interesting.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its not only that... but the loot in the game is pretty pointless. I really don't like going into the auction to sell all the crap i am not using to make some money to upgrade my character so i don't get owned in Inferno. I think Diablo 2 was better at bringing me back to the game in search of cool items without killing my schedule.

I wish i could sell my game. haha thats how much i don't want to play it anymore.

I thought the game was fun... but after you beat it, there is really little left to go back to. AND! the world is not randomized. Most of the places are still the same, except for some dungeons and areas. But its kinda lame to see the same kind of layout overall. Feels the same. Anyways... not worth the 60 dll price at the end of the day. :(

Is it true that a lot less people are playing the game now?
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Well me and my friends stopped playing, each of us played for about 350 hours, but it got boring way before that. The only thing that kept us hooked was our addiction to games like this.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Yeah I uninstalled it a month ago or so. I actually started playing Diablo 2 again ^_^
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Selling all my gear in the RMAH and leaving :)
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    I feel bad for all my friends that I said "Yea this game kicks ass, you should buy it!"... I was just about 60, a few days after hitting 60 I quit, and I think they have all quit since. I loved WoW back in the day, as much as you can say it was all just grinding, doing dungeons and raids were fun, and you had specific loot you knew had a chance to drop. The randomized loot in Diablo ruined it imo. It was as though they tried to stray away from WoW, but instead of borrowing all the good stuff and adding on, they just changed all the good things into terrible mechanics (like randomized stat on gears, and the RMAH). It was fun at the start, but alas I have less than no desire to play it.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    I think after just pure frustration of hitting the inferno act 2 wall I gave up.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess that does make sense. If you did certain scenarios to look for certain things, then at least you have a purpose for getting through the game. But when diablo, in inferno difficulty drops one rare gear and couple of magical that are pretty worthless, then there is no point in fighting that hard fight.... but this was something that happened in D2, and people are still going nuts about that one... its just a little dissapointing that this game didn't hold longer. I thought i would be playing this more than SC2.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Maybe WoW is back to normal now that D3 has been out for a while. All of the good horde players left to play D3 so I haven't played WoW since bgs sucked cause of D3.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I play it casually, and i get some nice cash with the AH. This game requires patience.
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I ended up clocking in about 500 hours. Beat inferno on two characters, and made $65 (I paid $100 for collector's edition). I'll probably play again when they add PvP and some content. I could sell my DH's gear and get all my money back and more but I would rather keep that for when I inevitably go back to the game.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I figure better gear will be cheaper in the future, I'd want to play another class if I ever get back into it for pvp or anything else.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    SgtNasty wrote: »
    I ended up clocking in about 500 hours.

This blows my mind.
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    I beat the game on normal and unlike every other blizzard game I've played in the past... I have no desire to keep playing it. I feel like this is blizzards first big fail. The game is in such a bad state right now. Even WoW I still find myself wanting to go back and play, I'm just too busy to justify the monthly fee... But d3 just seems bland in comparison.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    ZacD wrote: »
    I figure better gear will be cheaper in the future, I'd want to play another class if I ever get back into it for pvp or anything else.

I recommend you to lvl up all the classes to 60 :). With the help of a friend in less than 3 days you have lvl 60.

BTW, prices in Europe are more expensive than a week ago. The game is full of botters, people using money hacks, etc. and they are using the newer versions right now.

With each patch... new version for the bots, hacks and tools... it's incredible.
  • Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    Diablo 3 caused two of my friends to not be friends anymore. One of them revealed something over Skype and the other didn't like it... This might have not happened if the game werent so boring.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Blaizer wrote: »
    I recommend you to lvl up all the classes to 60 :). With the help of a friend in less than 3 days you have lvl 60.

BTW, prices in Europe are more expensive than a week ago. The game is full of botters, people using money hacks, etc. and they are using the newer versions right now.

With each patch... new version for the bots, hacks and tools... it's incredible.

Shouldn't botters be lowering prices by inflating the market?
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk wrote: »
    Diablo 3 caused two of my friends to not be friends anymore. One of them revealed something over Skype and the other didn't like it... This might have not happened if the game werent so boring.

That sneaky Diablo! he is always up to no good.

Diablo_%28PC%29_01.png
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I'm still having a lot of fun, but interest is waning as the loot and crafting systems continue to not be rewarding. I have 1 character at the end of Act 2 Inferno (monk), a monk in Hardcore Nightmare, a Wizard in Nightmare, Witch Doc in Act 3 Nightmare, Barb in act 3 Nightmare, and Demon Hunter in Act 3 Hell. In all that time... I've seen 0 Legendary Items (even though i know they're bad, still), 0 set items, and have only found 2 patterns - both of which were the Staff of Herding. I dont know how I found a second Staff of Herding, since it is account bound, and you can only learn one... but whatever.

I still want to get all classes to 60, but its really starting to wear on me. I've resorted to buying gold, since none of my items sell, since every other item is 1000x better than the ones I find, and am aparently extremely unlucky with other good drops.

That said, the classes are all really fun. Of them all, I think i connect with the Wizard and Witch Doctor the least, they're fun just not quite as visceral as the Monk or Demon Hunter. Hardcore is a lot of fun, just wish there were some more unique rewards for successive plays ala Realm of the Mad God, which made death les punishing by adding unlocks for your advancements. Would be cool if they let you start a character at level 10 if you die between 11 and 20, or 20 between 21 and 30, etc - or some other thing unique to Hardcore.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    There are set Items?? ...I've only found blues and golds.. (120 hours in)
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg wrote: »
    This blows my mind.

Meh, I tend to do that when I enjoy a game. On the other end, if I get bored, I tend to just fall asleep (literally). I think I spent 100 hours in Skyrim in the first two weeks, then never went back lol. I tend to dive into stuff really hard.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    Anyone with an Nvidia Surround setup and want to play in 3d as well will need to bypass the "windowed" full screen requirement to do so.

The good community @ the WSGF forums have two solutions that work nicely.

cause God designs in stereo
    U70Tr.jpg
    for nvidia user's: changing the .jpg extension to .jps on downloaded images is probably the quickest way to double clik and view the images from the wsgf library with the nvidia 3d viewer.

http://www.wsgf.org/
    http://www.wsgf.org/software_list

( The "Flawless" solution also has a multi-monitor solution for the newest Starcraft which is quite epic on three 27 inch 3D monitors. It is nice that updates and aggressive development by the WSGF community follows every update as I invariably forget to disconnect the internet before playing @ times and Blizzard's updates usually break the "fix". whether or not Blizzard has really Banned for multi-monitor setups seems to be unsubstantiated at the moment. and kind of silly considering an eyefinity setup can cost as little as $170 if you follow the sales. Hardly an exotic price range out of reach for mainstream competitors )
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    Macattackk wrote: »

Considering I dismissed the game before it was released I am not surprised that I can not finish 1 act since release. But then again if it was not for Necromancy I would never have completed a character class in Diablo II either.
    So...
    Besides wandering environments appreciating all the good work that went into it I have always assumed that an expansion will put an end to all the boring madness and return the Necromancer as an expansion character. As ridiculous as the clown like, palsied witch doctor is...
    At least the female version brings a little dignity back to a summoning character. But then again, the armor progression has introduced nothing in dress that leaves me desiring or expecting more.

I have never hated a beautiful game filled with awesome work as much as this since WOW.
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    To be honest here with everyone, it will be my opinion too, you might agree or not,
    I played Diablo 3, finished it on normal started nightmare but for some reason I do not find myself wanting to go back and play it anymore, I found beta of Torchlight 2 more interesting and easily more entertaining, same with Diablo 2, although I'll be waiting for Blizzard to do something about D3's current state, I also hate crafting system in the game it's really bland, maybe this will change too, but I also want to keep my eyes for T2.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    profiles!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/moose-1283/

:D my goal now is to get a 60 of every class, and a 60 hardcore character, without finding a Legendary item, Set pieces, or patterns. I have found 2 extra Staff of Herding patterns after the first one... but those don't count :)

ps would like more friends who are actually playing, my friends list went from 15-25 active users to 2 people playing starcraft or wow - if there are polycounters still playing, feel free to add me!
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I'm still playing, but i play in the european region. I have 3 characters leveled to 60, and i'm trying to gear them up with the best equipment i can afford. The economy in diablo 3 is totally broken, and averno act 3 is insane, nor 1000 of resistances, 10000 defense do anything. The unique way to do something is to go the crit damge+loh+crit chance, and it's impossible to get a drop (with 300+ mf) or the money for those items in the AH.

I pre-ordered Torchlight since it appeared on steam for pre-order, but i could not play the beta. It seems like all the Steam users received a kick in the balls. But as some people already have told me, it's basically the same game but with co-op, so i can't expect nothing more (it should have had better textures). It will be just another game to play with some friends...
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Yeah, i hear ya :( I've resorted to buying gold on the AH, since finding items that make a lot of gold are impossible to find, and making gold on non-amazing items is impossible. Make a lot on my Hardcore character selling lvl 9-20 gear though, but that doesnt do lot of good for my 2 60s :) Just repairing 2 lvl 60 characters is nuts, I could barely keep 50k gold on my character. I'm in Act 3 Inferno now, but leveling other classes to 60 seems more fun.

TL2 has a cool unique weapon feature, where they have objectives on them to upgrade/level them up. The brief time i played it, I loved it. Feels much more open and organic than Diablo 3, and TL1 - even though it shuttles you along a path, there are more interesting things along the way. That said, it was a bit more repetitious overall. I'd say its a huge improvement over TL1, seems like a really great game.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    There appears to have been some sort of security breach at Blizzard. You might want to update your passwords

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/securityupdate.html
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    At the end... Jesus! they recognize they have had a security breach...

In the 3rd day of playing, with a DH lvl 45 i found it naked. Someone entered with my account and stole all.

Meh, time to change the authenticator too, because that is also useless. For God's sake, they should put hardware security like with Steam.
  • Stinger88
  • Blaizer
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    I haven't played in forever so my gear is pretty outdated; http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tekoppar-2859/hero/3980387
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Didn't think I'd be saying this so early after its release but I'm optimistic for the future of the game:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923457/

Don't know if they had unrealistic release dates, or if there's been a design 180, whatever it is this new direction is pretty exciting and looks "fun". Using their elite mob affixes to quickly add some meat to legedaries was genius, props to whoever thought of that one.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I really like the new legendaries, but I'm waiting a few more months before I try it again.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Now that's more like it! Finally legendary legendaries! I hope they'll add some cool bonuses to armor sets too.
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah this will hopefully be a bit of fresh air for the game. I've currently got back into it after a break and I have to say it's like playing it on release again.

Roll on the end of August.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    what they should do, is something with the broken economy.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    legendary legendaries that you can get playing the game? or that you have to get through the lame AH?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    glottis8 wrote: »
    legendary legendaries that you can get playing the game? or that you have to get through the lame AH?

i went the entire time since launch never finding a single legendary. Then they announced that improvements were coming last week, and I've found two since. Both were garbage, and salvaged :( I'm sure if you must have a specific one now now now, AH will be the way to go, or get lucky and find one to sell for lots of gold, and buy the one you want on the AH. I've resorted to just farming hell and nightmare with 250-300 MF to earn gold and possibly find some patterns for the blacksmith.

the new stuff sounds badass, but the chances of finding something you actually want is very very slim - but I actually want to keep farming to try to get some of them now :)
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm... i might check this out. If i can get good loot without resorting to the AH i'll be happy. Getting armor and weapons to actually beat a elites, but those weapons and armors you can't get unless you have better armor is ridiculous.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Yeah, here the same, all the legendaries i have found are garbage, and playing in INFERNO.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I already lost interest then.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    The drop rate for legendaries was around 1 for every 40 hours, the new ones should be decent compared to normal late game gear.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    holy shit.... Blizzard really is trying to get the player base back. Is it enough thouhg? Between fixing the legendaries, and now with the paragon system? once you reach level 60, you have 100 more levels of paragon, which adds core stats and +3% MF and +3% gold find with every level. Once implemented, MF and GF have a cap of 300% before neph bonus. The idea is to make it so once you're lvl 100 paragon, you dont need MF gear anymore because you are capped out on it.

http://kotaku.com/5936247/diablo-iii-adds-100-levels-in-new-paragon-system
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I saw that earlier... and i still see a lot of people being indifferent to this. I lost faith in the game since i was forced to go to the AH to be competitive and at least get gear to not get pwned by the elites. With this... i wonder if that will get fixed. I'll wait to see what other people say first. If this helps correct that i might give D3 another go. But as it stands, i rather play Darksiders 2 for the time being.