Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack - LucyCharm

Replies

• ShadowBrain
    This looks pretty awesome ! but aint you supposed to make 3 items ?

Each level counts for one item.
  • Captain_Spaulding
  • pyanodon
    Well....the update is out and running. And i have a doubt id like to share with you all.

We dont have new PDA or something like a "PDA loadout" to carry/load new buildings in the game. It's seems i and people who made buildings in this contest wont have any chance to win and/or see your work in the game since there's no place to put our buildings. Which came another question, why they said (and accept) the engineer building entries in the rules? We dont know the future, but based on update and upcomming Monday, people who made buildings maybe will be automatically out. :/
  • OpethRockr55
    pyanodon wrote: »
    Well....the update is out and running. And i have a doubt id like to share with you all.

We dont have new PDA or something like a "PDA loadout" to carry/load new buildings in the game. It's seems i and people who made buildings in this contest wont have any chance to win and/or see your work in the game since there's no place to put our buildings. Which came another question, why they said (and accept) the engineer building entries in the rules? We dont know the future, but based on update and upcomming Monday, people who made buildings maybe will be automatically out. :/

Oh, really? Did you not notice the second misc slot that appeared during the update? Do you think Valve's just going to waste their PDA token? Granted, it's also showing for all classes, but hey... you never know.

Keep your head up. No one's out of this, yet.
  • MacD11
    We need baby lucy's.
  • Dr. Waldo Fehr
    I don't share your doubt friend, They added requirements and rules for Engineer building replacements. They know what to do.
  • Dalmationer
    god, I love this gun- it's just so imposing, even though it's smaller than the default sentry. Must be the frill :)

this has gotta be my favorate engineer pack. It's just crafted from fragments of pure Win!
  • pyanodon
    Oh, really? Did you not notice the second misc slot that appeared during the update? Do you think Valve's just going to waste their PDA token? Granted, it's also showing for all classes, but hey... you never know.

Keep your head up. No one's out of this, yet.

You´re right, that misc slot can be usefull and make custom buildings real. Well let´s see.

@MacD11 - LOl i can make that ahhaha

@Dalmation - Thank you bud!

@Dr.Waldo Fehr - You seems right, we have good sentries and dispensers in this contest, would be a waste not using it. :)
  • Coolbot4k
    Offline / Send Message
    Coolbot4k polycounter lvl 13
    I think that it would be insanely ridiculous to not include buildings with the Polycount update (this one especially) after having told us we could make them. My hope is that they will add 3 more slots to the Engi for each of his buildings. (It doesn't seem to be that hard if they just added a new and seemingly useless one. Also, according to my knowledge, the slots already exist but are just not in the HUD. )
    If they did such a thing, where you could switch buildings with a different slot, I would think that if you had a different sentry and the gunslinger (the new "sentry" unlock) equipped, the mini sentry would "override" the equipped sentry. (Or better yet, make a mini version of the equipped one.) I don't see how it could be bad gameplay-wise if the buildings are balanced unlocks.

I would love Valve to implement something like this:
    Screenshot2010-07-09at94645AM.jpg

If they don't do such a thing and I can't see this sentry in game, I'll be pretty angry with them. :poly124:
  • Snowloss
    Rather than a mini of the equipped, it would most likely force out the player selection with the mini.

Either way, we'll most likely get something like this even if they don't pick any sentries for the polycount update for some reason. (next community update most likely then)
  • Dalmationer
    Just to be on the safe side, you should do a mini version of the level 1 (with a flashing light ofc. I think it'd be awesome! and then, I'd have a full lucycharm replacement pack to replace the normal ones.

still: Lucycharm = ace
  • pyanodon
    Coolbot4k wrote: »
    I would love Valve to implement something like this:
    Screenshot2010-07-09at94645AM.jpg

If they don't do such a thing and I can't see this sentry in game, I'll be pretty angry with them. :poly124:

Tottally agree with you bud!

Also...if one building win, whatever who made, i will complete the Lucy Pack with a dispenser and a teleporter in the same theme and send to the contribute. I will post the progress here. :)
  • Khthon

Also...if one building win, whatever who made, i will complete the Lucy Pack with a dispenser and a teleporter in the same theme and send to the contribute. I will post the progress here. :)

Then I hope a building wins!
  • Sikyanakotik
    Gunslinger + LucyCharm = Mini Lucy? I'd love to see that.
  • Dr.Eggman
    If Coolbot4k's picture will real,
    I hope valve will detach mini-SG from robo-arm, and send it to sentry slot. And we will has 3 SGs: mini-SG, normal-SG and LucyCharm
  • Sharc
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharc polycounter lvl 7

Spinning lotus teleporter?
  • Khthon
    Maybe a teleporter based on a venus flytrap that 'swallows' you?
  • pyanodon
    Sharc wrote: »
    Spinning lotus teleporter?

Good idea!!! I like it.

@ Khthon - Carnivorous plants are always fun! :)

Remember that pack is based in a mixture of garden/farm stuff with farm/garden machinery. ;) I already have the concepts in my mind, but you people, always surprise me with ideas. :thumbup:
  • Ikimono
    so yea, how's that victory speech coming pyanodon?
  • NeoDement
    I think they should continue to keep building replacements in the wrench slot.
  • Mico27
    NeoDement wrote: »

That'd be most likely.
  • Dalmationer
    NeoDement wrote: »

This is likely, but I hope not.
    I'm just worried incase lucycharm wins but gets stuckwith a wrench that dosn't fit with it's theme at all.
  • Tinker
    I imagine if this gets implemented the original author gets to do a wrench if that's the way they want to implement it.
  • Khthon
    Hm, so how would you're wrench look pyanodon, if you had to make one?
  • Dr.Eggman
    if valve will attach Lucy to wrench from polypack... WHO WILL GET SELF-MADE? XD
  • pyanodon
    Wait wait wait....what's all this stuff about wrenches?? O_o
  • Ikimono
    Wait wait wait....what's all this stuff about wrenches?? O_o
    You! Baby! Make a wrench! :O
  • pyanodon
    O_o why? I made a sentry..and have plans to make a dispenser and a teleporter. O-o Gimme a good reason and i do XD
  • jgoodroad
    I recall seeing a teleporter replacement that was a bear trap... I thought it would be epic if he had put a teleporter-like thing INSIDE the trap, of course the negatives of such a thing would need to balance it... perhaps it needs more metal or can't teleport the engi?

bah, I am just a mental defective.
  • Khthon
    Pyanodon - since the robot arm (Gunslinger) is a wrench replacement and replaces the wrench AND the sentry people were thinking Valve might tie future new sentries to wrenches.
  • System
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Nice work, textures look great!
  • pyanodon
    Khthon wrote: »
    Pyanodon - since the robot arm (Gunslinger) is a wrench replacement and replaces the wrench AND the sentry people were thinking Valve might tie future new sentries to wrenches.

hohoho...lemme see the results before starting new projects. For now, i have plans only for a dispenser and teleporters, after, i can deal with a wrench. :)
  • Brunaai

yeah, im one of those people. i even made a thread on the tf2 forum getting people to come in with ideas for wrench building combos (so far 1wrench gets 1 building but some good ideas came up).

i would make models or draw something up but i have 0 model know-how and nothing beside MSpaint for an art program :(. so i just have to settle for writing up stats and ideas.

even tried to make a sentry to go with the SH
  • Dr.Eggman
    I hope valve do not attach Lucy (and other buildings, polycount has 3 SGs and 3 dispensers) to weapon.

My version:
    "Hit 'e' to Toggle Building Types"
    Valve will use this, and to build poly-building player will needs item on BackPack. No slots, no attach to weapon.
  • Blueplastic
    You just beat the official "engineer update"!
    Congratulation :)
    (i don't say it's bad...i just think this is much much better)
  • pyanodon
    WElll welll well...the pack is out and look! No engineer winners in the contest...well people. It was ...hum, maybe i complete the pack just for fun.

Im disapointed not because Lucy dont win, but because the Mico - spypack and Buck - heavypack didnt win. They created amazing entries and better in my opinion. Buck, like me still can see his pack in the game since neither heavy, neither engineer packs won, but Mico...it's a shame, the teaser is very original and fun.
  • Hotdogbunker
    WElll welll well...the pack is out and look! No engineer winners in the contest...well people. It was ...hum, maybe i complete the pack just for fun.

Im disapointed not because Lucy dont win, but because the Mico - spypack and Buck - heavypack didnt win. They created amazing entries and better in my opinion. Buck, like me still can see his pack in the game since neither heavy, neither engineer packs won, but Mico...it's a shame, the teaser is very original and fun.

I was as pissed off as you pyanodon. It's an outrage. You put in so much work and you deserve a big recognition. I feel like sending mail. What is wrong with valve, your pack is excellent!!
  • pyanodon
    I was as pissed off as you pyanodon. It's an outrage. You put in so much work and you deserve a big recognition. I feel like sending mail. What is wrong with valve, your pack is excellent!!

hehehey buddy, im not pissed off. If lucy didnt win, Valve should know what they're doing...They will gimme a polyocount medal and that's good. Well...they said other packs will be released after, MAYBE new buildings can be used.

Breaking my promisse here, when i said that i will go on only if some building win the contest, i will go on as always. The pack isnt completed without a dispenser and a teleporter and this buildings is way more easy to code than a sentry. I will finish it and submit to the contribute.

No drama, but that should be my last stuff i will make for Tf2 community, i worked a lot in fake updates, new classes, new weapons, art and buildings in this years...and never got anything for that (except the kind reception of community, which is good!). It's time to move on to new challenges!! Maybe my ideas really dont fit in this game.

Next week i will post some concepts to the new dispenser and teleporter,i hope my friend Dr.Eggman can help me on it!

Also Thanks for everyone who was rooting for lucy and helped me a lot in this contest, keep tunned :)
  • Blueplastic
    No drama, but that should be my last stuff i will make for Tf2 community, i worked a lot in fake updates, new classes, new weapons, art and buildings in this years...and never got anything for that (except the kind reception of community, which is good!). It's time to move on to new challenges!! Maybe my ideas really dont fit in this game.

I think you are disappointed and unhappy...and you should be.
    You deserve much much more then just "reception of community".
  • Khthon
    Don't give up on TF2 Pyanodon! I suggest you send an email to Robin Walker and ask if he thinks your stuff will get in in a future update: http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=Robin%20Walker

Originally Posted by Robin
    nearly half of the entries are of a high enough quality to be shipped in future updates without much work needed on Valve side. So, if you did not win this time around you can be confident that your items will one day find there way in to Team Fortress 2.
  • Khthon
    I sent an email to Valve to ask what they thought about Lucy.
  • pyanodon
    Don't give up on TF2 Pyanodon! I suggest you send an email to Robin Walker and ask if he thinks your stuff will get in in a future update: http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=Robin%20Walker

Hey bud..dont bother Robin with that ehhee. They knew what´s better to the game.

Let´s get over it and enjoy the next two buildings for this pack :D

Edit: wow..you did it xD
  • Dalmationer
    I'm a bit disappointed that o'l Lucy didn't win, but I'm glad you're doing replacements for the other buildings.... I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas.
  • Mr.Tomato
    I am afraid that valve add you gun later... Maybe you should do a melee in this style, and it will be like Gunslinger, weapon with buildable.
  • Hotdogbunker
    I sent in a hand written letter to valve software. I hope they get it! I think you deserve a little more recognition at least. Your work is wonderful don't give up!
  • superZ61
    it is cool but kinda....too modern for the style of the game:thumbdown::thumbup: so you get both a thumbs down and a thumbs up
  • poelfkat
    I've started a small petition in the official steam forum, I love your sentry and I would like to see it ingame

:thumbup:
  • pyanodon
    Well..im working on dispenser and teleporter to the lucy pack after that contest.

Here the dispenser im modeling to match with lucy :D

beespenser.jpg

Of course, there´s differences from the paper to 3D, 3D will look more simplified. A dispenser who grow like Lucy grow by drilling the ground. It was based in heavy machinery and bees. Soon i will release it as a skin with all custom animations, building animations, gibs etc...like the sentry. And of course, with a great help of Dr.Eggman!
  • Dr.Eggman
    Erectin' a Beespenser!
    And if valve do not will add Lucy (i hope Valve will release "2nd day" of polycount with HWG, medic, demo and eggineer), i will make sourcemod-plugin (like Amplifier). And with plugin we WILL see Lucy in game. what is bad: Lucy has rotation bug, when triing install Lucy like SG skin, it server has not Lucy-skin.

*Downloading Mico's pack*
  • jgoodroad
    I thought a bee-spencer would look like one of those bee-keepers boxes you see at honey farms, and then have ammo and health kits sticking out the bottom...