Home General Discussion

Guilldwars 2

Replies

• FullSynch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FullSynch polycounter lvl 11
    Don't buy, it all gets replaced so fast. Save up for the finer things at 80. :)
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    The armor is expensive though.. the lvl 35 tier 1 armour sold at the major cities is quite expensive, 30-80 silver each piece!

I think those are just for the model/show, since the stats arent too interesting. And are there if you like the looks, and want too transmute stats from a better item.

Sounds like you did't look at the cost of tier 3 armour need alot of gold to get a full set.

also if you find white or black dye, current price is around 3 gold! other dyes only go for a few copper on the trading post
  • Shanthosa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanthosa polycounter lvl 11
    Just ran the level 76 instance last night (Glacier boat city thing inhabited by polar bear people). Gorgeous! I remember walking inside for the first time and just stopping and looking around for like ten minutes before I was ready to start. Loving this game so far!
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Ged wrote: »
    is there any way to speed up a norn warriors run? its soooo sloooow

You think the norn are slow? You should see how the cat people run. I play a norn engi myself but I've seen the cat in action. A friend of mine purposely chose the asura only because he wanted to always run fast all ninja-like. I'm trying to unlock the entire map so yeah, lots of slow running ~_~
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    All characters have the same run speed. The problem with this is, of course, that the larger a character is, the longer his strides are going to be and the slower the run animation. If you create a Norn that's the maximum height, it's always going to seem super slow when compared to an Asura because the animation is cycling much more slowly and the scenery passes by comparatively slower.

As far as speeding up a warrior, I have no idea. I know thieves and elementalists have speed buffs, though.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Swizzle wrote: »
    All characters have the same run speed. The problem with this is, of course, that the larger a character is, the longer his strides are going to be and the slower the run animation. If you create a Norn that's the maximum height, it's always going to seem super slow when compared to an Asura because the animation is cycling much more slowly and the scenery passes by comparatively slower.

As far as speeding up a warrior, I have no idea. I know thieves and elementalists have speed buffs, though.

I wouldn't say so,

I ran side by side w/ my guild leaders guardian, signifigntly slower than my warrior, I would hafta pause, or run around so he could catch up.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    You think the norn are slow? You should see how the cat people run. I play a norn engi myself but I've seen the cat in action. A friend of mine purposely chose the asura only because he wanted to always run fast all ninja-like. I'm trying to unlock the entire map so yeah, lots of slow running ~_~

yeah Im trying to explore but its very slow :P
  • Shanthosa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanthosa polycounter lvl 11
    Rwolf wrote: »
    I wouldn't say so,

I ran side by side w/ my guild leaders guardian, signifigntly slower than my warrior, I would hafta pause, or run around so he could catch up.
    All characters have the same default run speed. Warriors can spec to run faster while holding a melee weapon though. There are plenty of ways to augment your run speed.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Shanthosa wrote: »
    All characters have the same default run speed. Warriors can spec to run faster while holding a melee weapon though. There are plenty of ways to augment your run speed.

ah right, I hit 80 so long ago I forgot about that trait perk.
  • Messiano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How is this game compare to other MMO? I want to buy it, and will do only PVP.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Messiano wrote: »
    How is this game compare to other MMO? I want to buy it, and will do only PVP.

Well there is WvW and PvP

Both of them auto scales you to lvl 80 to help even the playing field.

WvW - 3 World servers against each other spread across 4 maps (3 Identical maps with castles, witch each sever with their own castle, and 1 main map with a contested main castle)

WvW is some strategy combined with a zerg fest, you can't run around capping stuff without setting up some sort of siege weapons. And it's not like a 1 way train like some of the WoW maps.

Higher ranked WvW servers I've noticed results in a inbalance after a few days. WvW resets after about a week.

Gear you earn in PvE will help your effectivness.

PvP you battle against local pop. Typical capture the point fair here.

PvP has it's own separate gear and lvling system, so you can jump right in even tho your at lvl 1. Your skills are separate from PvE so you don't have to worry about rearranging your skills in between PvP and PvE. Also initial gear is free, and stat reset is free in PvP. Looks like the devs want you to experiment with a playstyle you can enjoy.

In short

WvW spend a few hours in there per session - servers are full when a good battle is going between the 3 servers = 15-45 min wait...

PvP have quick 10-20min direct battles - plenty of servers, no waiting
  • Messiano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OKey, that's awesome. Is there any talent complicated system that was in WoW:D?

So i can jump right away from lvl 1 to 80, if i join pvp? That's Awesome.
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Messiano wrote: »
    OKey, that's awesome. Is there any talent complicated system that was in WoW:D?

So i can jump right away from lvl 1 to 80, if i join pvp? That's Awesome.

Yeah, you can at level-1 literally just hit a button and it takes you to the PvP area and levels you to 80 and gives you standard gear that everyone has. The downside is that you'll never make it past level-1 on your character if that's all you do.

As for talents, yeah they do have that. But it's more similar to the Warhammer talents in that regard. It's not a tree, but just a few ladders that go in a straight line. You just put points into whatever lines you want.

There are character builders online. You should play with those.
  • Hang10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a bunch of these transmutation things but I'm curious as to how they work. I've seen some heavy armor peices with stats I want(i'm a Sylvari mesmer) but because I wear light armor can I take the stats off of heavy armor to light armor or does the transmute only work on heavy to heavy and light to light?
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    Hang10 wrote: »
    I have a bunch of these transmutation things but I'm curious as to how they work. I've seen some heavy armor peices with stats I want(i'm a Sylvari mesmer) but because I wear light armor can I take the stats off of heavy armor to light armor or does the transmute only work on heavy to heavy and light to light?

Transmutation lets you swap visual styles and stats of two items that are in the same category. If you wanted to swap out the style of a face mask but keep the stats of the original, that's fine. If you like the original style of an item but want to swap out for better stats, that's fine. The transmutation UI is laid out so you can't screw it up.

A fine example is that if you start with a thief and want to use your starting hood late game, you can then take a high level stat medium headgear item and switch them how you see fit. It's a nice visual incentive.

Here's a vid:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8yp7ZPk2Kk"]Guild Wars 2 Transmutation Stone - YouTube[/ame]
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Although once you hit lvl 80 gear, you will need "fine" transmutation stones which you hafta buy with gems. Lucky you can trade your gold for gems, instead of using real money.

You can also find the fine stones randomly in the lion chests.
  • Hang10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Daven for the explanation and the video.
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
    Ok so hold out im sure anyone who clicked this is like haha no lol trolls, but here me out for a second.

This is GW2 not running but streaming from my PC to my vita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spr-rRtASIE&feature=youtu.be

-The UI is turned off
    -Its a little slow but very fun and quite playable.
    -Its not all that practical but for sitting on the couch collecting T1 mats its great.

My button layout is as follows (yes im sacrificing some skills for this)

- Right bumper - wep skill 1
    - left bumper - look behind
    - x - jump
    - triangle - autoloot
    - square - utility skill 2
    - circle- utility skill 3
    - up arrow - switch wep
    - down arrow - heal
    - left arrow wep skill 2
    - right arrow - wep skill 4

Instructions:

1. Download & Install:

-PlayStation®Mobile SDK 0.99

http://www.playstation.com/psm/developer/openbeta/index_e.html

-PlayStation®Mobile Development Assistant

http://www.playstation.com/psm/developer/openbeta/index_e.html

Go to this link directly from your PS Vita browser and go to the 2nd item. By clicking download you'll be taken to the PS Store

-PS Vita Remote Desktop packet.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?b68g7qa2ukzku8a

2. After the installation of Vita SDK on your PC, run PsmStudio from your desktop. Next connect your Vita to PC via USB. It should install drivers (for Vista proper ones are with COM3 ending). Sometimes it can be wrongly detected so try few times.

3. Run PSM Dev from your Vita

4, If everything installed ok onto your PC (drivers for Vita) then Run PsmStudio and open PS Vita Remote Desktop in it:

-Click Open
    -Go to the folder where you unpacked it.
    -Go to VitaRemoteClient folder and open VitaRemoteClient.sln
    -Right click on bolded VitaRemoteClient and look for Run With >
    -If the drivers for Vita were installed succesfully there should be PS Vita (xxxxxxxx) on, off if assistant on Vita is not working or it is disconnected.
    - Don't click it. WAIT

5. Go to the folder PS VITA REMOTE DESKTOP and now go to VitaRemoteServer folder and run VitaRemoteServer.exe
    There should be a bubble with your PC IP. Note it !

6. Check if PSM Dev on Vita is running and Vita is connected via USB to your PC.

7. Go to PSM Studio on your PC and Run with > PS Vita (xxxxxxx) on

8. It should install VitaRemoteServer app in your PSM Dev app and auto start it.

9. A box will show up when you need to type your PC IP from point 5.

10. Click Connect after typing you IP and Voila !
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    If I had computer issues and I can no longer run the game on good settings and have also lost interest in it, is it illegal to sell the account? Or would anet be willing to refund me?

I need to get rid of it because I also need the money to pay for car work I had done from damage caused by a leak
  • MartinH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    Anet should def refund you, makes sense since you're done with the game and all.

on a serious note, come on man lol
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im not done, level 17 isn't done. I don't have time to play it and I know many people who have gotten refunds (and Anet themselves says theyll allow refunds for this reason) on the grounds of "not being satisfied" and quite frankly im not.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did, they finally responded.

They said I cannot get a refund if I bought it from a vendor unless that vendor offers refunds (its gamestop, hell no)

They said if not I am free to sell the account as I wish.

If anyone would like a guildwars 2 (digital) account for $45 im willing to sell it, ill assist in changing the email (of course)
  • praetus
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    It's kinda sad if your that cash strapped for a extra $40-60. something is def wrong.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf wrote: »
    It's kinda sad if your that cash strapped for a extra $40-60. something is def wrong.

You mean like I would rather buy Chivalry and WarZ?

nop
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    frell wrote: »
    You mean like I would rather buy Chivalry and WarZ?

nop

oh I meant this quote

"I need to get rid of it because I also need the money to pay for car work I had done from damage caused by a leak"
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol $45 wouldn't help that in the big scheme of things.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Decided to do a Legendary... I'm about 10-16% done, and figure I'll have all the pieces in a month...
  • Hang10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does anyone know if there's a list of what materials are needed to discover new recipes? I understand the discovery mechanic is pretty simple but I'm curious if there's a kind of list that describes anything you can make and what it takes for a certain profession?
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    GW2 wiki by arenanet is pretty cohesive, although you need to know what your looking for.
  • divi
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Anybody check out the Halloween events so far? Been pretty good. The themed jumping puzzle will make you cry, took me 2 hours to figure out. (puzzle only takes a min, but your doing it with 10-30 other ppl jumping through at the same time, making it hard to spot your jumping, oh there is a cloud of green fog that rises up to kill you ;) )
  • Hang10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried to do the Mad King event but my group could never zone in the same instance. After trying a few times we gave up.

Wicked build up though to the event, hundreds of people jumping around waiting for it to begin. The whole statue imploding with a portal to the Ascent to Madness. Awesome
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    MK dungon is pretty easy, Did it w/4 but technically 2... (other guild member couldn't figure how to get down w/o dying from falling lol). Found a lvl 80 exotic sword on the first run :D (guildmate found 2...in 4 runs...)

Missed the statue event tho :(
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    I just wasted a whole bunch of mats gambling for "mystic clovers" using the 10 clover recipe. Came up with nothing, and feel sick. (probably not as sick ppl gambling to get their precursors in the mystic forge however)

At this point i'm 40-50% completed my Legendary, Other than gambling for clovers, the rest can be bought with gold and grinding... I guess thats not too bad, since I started 2 weeks ago. The gambling aspect has my OCD in a hold.

Also I hope the new content in 2 weeks isn't more zombies...