Home Stickies

[P&P] - What are you working on? 2008 Edition

Replies

• Jeremy Lindstrom
  • Eclipse
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks a ton mat, odium, and slipstream. Odium, I originally had it sharper and I agree it would have looked better, but that map was causing some seem problems so I had to change it up quickly because the deadline was around the corner, so it doesn't have the full effect sadly.

Also, Havok, I really like the style of your model, he looks cool. I am curious what you have planned for the textures.

And mat, killer work! He looks really cool and unique, kinda reminds me a tad of a burmak, but that could be becaue I have GoW on the brain after working on this guy for long :P.
  • Popeye9
    Offline / Send Message
    Popeye9 polycounter lvl 15
    Eclipse nice job on the sack boy I love it. :)
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    matt: EXTRA HERSEY!

Its looking good, I was about to start a project of a space marine for my next upcoming character after I get around to finishing my knight . hmm maybe i'll make a angry marine.
  • Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Nice lamp Vrav. Looking forward to seeing how the texturing comes out

Havoc: Toes look a bit off to me. Otherwise good
  • Vrav
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks Aubery, I'll get started.

Eclipse, nice - I was looking through the minicomp thread at GA with my non-artist sister last night and she liked your best because it's so soft and smooth-looking. Good job. :)

mat, you must finish this.

edit: welp, normals are okay - got to fix a couple "wavy lines"
    bulbstreetlamp-02.jpg
    It's not a lamp at this point, just a hefty 8ft bludgeoning object - thwack
    Really wish some parts were more detailed; guess I'll do it in the textures...
  • renderhjs
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    been working on my online portfolio solving the technical side:
    portfolio_2009_ss_03.jpg
    this is how it looks in flash (70 %)

online link:
    http://www.renderhjs.net/portfolio2k9/dmo1/
    right now you can only move the mouse- the animation of the flaps on the side are linked to the mouse position. The page bending is scripted and not animated,- it has some basic collision detection.

for this project I wrote another maxscript in max 9 to export vertex animations from 3dsmax (from any poly object with any modifiers) as a custom binary file.
    portfolio_export_script.gif
    Vertex positions are compressed with a animated object,- the engine supports n-Gons (no triangulation, less faces = more performance). The format is targeted to be xtra tiny for fast online loading usually below 1 KB.

I posted about the concept some time ago but I guess it went under
    http://boards.polycount.net/showpost.php?p=852273&postcount=81

will create a propper thread once the real page flipping works,- together with all the concept, content ect.
  • Pedro Amorim
    amazing man!
    what cant you do?
  • Armonio
    I am currently working on finishing my first ever project (which, is huge, I might add), that I had actually dropped a month into it. I'm aiming for a "Gears of War" type technology and grime feeling to it, situated on a prehistoric planet (Like Jurassic Park :D), which is inhabited by a crazed scientist who captures T-Rex's and Raptors and conducts experiments such as bio-engineering, cryogen (seeing if reptiles can successfully recover from a prolonged sleep) and numerous "armor augmentations".

The point of the project is to help develop my modeling, rendering, lighting and compositing skills all the while creating a scene that I enjoy and am proud of.

Anyways; here follows the terrain (WIP environment), props, models etc etc
    barrel_.jpg
    space_occlusion2.jpg
    dinosaur_noeyes_poly.jpg
    dinosaur_armor.jpg
    ship2.jpg
    environment.jpg
    flyer_together.jpg

I know that looks like a wheel, but I'm not completely satisfied, so I may change it, and with it textured it will look much better, and more "hi-tech"
    All are WIPs. One of my new year's resolutions is to complete this project with time to spare.
  • Laheen
    Offline / Send Message
    Laheen polycounter lvl 18
    chojivy1.png

meh, low poly choji. was bored, did it for the lulz.
This discussion has been closed.