Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

Replies

• RobStites
    Offline / Send Message
    RobStites polycounter lvl 8
    Konras said:
    My only advice to you guys is to treat workshop as a place to make art, get beter and maaaaybe get paid at some point. Artists always did stuff in their free time. At least I did.

You have 46 items accepted in DotA2 and you're telling people not to worry about getting paid?
    Konras said:
    In Dota Workshop I saw many people who did very bad sets a year ago, yet now yeach one of them blow my mind. At this point those people could get a job in game industry easy.
    How arrogant can you be? So how about people who have jobs in the game industry, how long can they expect to have to work for free before getting published? You know, the professional artists who Valve regularly advertises the Workshop to as a way to get paid ($40,000 per item!!!) for contributing to their games? How about those who had something published and continue to make content only to get the cold shoulder from Valve? I also like the subtle insult that people who haven't been accepted are bad, nice touch.
    Konras said:
    Workshop is also different from Modding.
    Yeah, it's spec work, glad we're on the same page. It just happens to cynically take advantage of the modding community that Valve owes a great deal already for the success of almost all of their products.
    Knubble said:
    try getting an actual job.
    I have a job at one of the largest game developers in the world, but nice ad hominem attack. I've already covered the rest of your non-arguments in my other posts, so I'm just going to ignore the rest of them.

When I started last year I didn't get any results so I stopped making things for the workshop as I couldn't afford to work for free.
    Thanks for summing up my argument so concisely.

I'll let the rest of ya'll get back to waiting for Valve to follow their own contest rules.
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    ROBSTITES When I did my first item for TF2 there was no workshop, no Mannconomy. None of us expected it can give us something more than item in game. Later that item was added into TF2 store and I was somewhat dragged into workshop. My first set for Dota 2 I actually did with Polycount contest. It wasn't chosen at that time, however Valve added it 1 year 4 months later.

Here is link for that set: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=111293784
    It still even have link to Polycount thread: http://polycount.com/discussion/107214/dota2-–-faceless-void-–-ancient-cultist/p1

I think it is a best example that you never know when valve will add your work to game.

I really didnt have any bad intentions with my message. Just wanted to share my view on workshop in general. It is not my fault my stuff got accepted.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Winners announced!

The CS:GO Weapon Skin Contest winner's forum!

Congratulations to the winners, and the honorable mentions, and especially to everyone who entered!
  • RobStites
    Offline / Send Message
    RobStites polycounter lvl 8
    Konras said:
    ROBSTITES When I did my first item for TF2 there was no workshop, no Mannconomy. None of us expected it can give us something more than item in game. Later that item was added into TF2 store and I was somewhat dragged into workshop. My first set for Dota 2 I actually did with Polycount contest. It wasn't chosen at that time, however Valve added it 1 year 4 months later.

Here is link for that set: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=111293784
    It still even have link to Polycount thread: http://polycount.com/discussion/107214/dota2-–-faceless-void-–-ancient-cultist/p1

I think it is a best example that you never know when valve will add your work to game.
    My work has been rotting in the Workshop for almost two years, I have no faith in Valve to include it now or ever, especially since I'm outspoken about the bad deal that the workshop is. This contest will probably be my last Workshop entry, I just don't like gambling with my hard work only to be disappointed every time I scroll through another case full of CLE and Coridium's skins. It isn't that I think those artists don't deserve to be included, it's that there are plenty of other artists who do as well.
    Konras said:
    I really didnt have any bad intentions with my message. Just wanted to share my view on workshop in general. It is not my fault my stuff got accepted.
    It's not your fault and I never said that. My stance is simple, if Valve is going to advertise how great the Workshop is for creators and how much they pay them then they need to prove it with their actions, which means doing a better job of making sure more creators are included and compensated.

Winners announced!

The CS:GO Weapon Skin Contest winner's forum!

Congratulations to the winners, and the honorable mentions, and especially to everyone who entered!
    Congrats to the winners, it's nice to see at least one new face get accepted.

• princeprabhu
    The main part of this competition is that these winners and other great artists have their WIP thread of their skins, which is very useful for us to learn from. And winners pls pls pls take a picture of your swag bag and cool things inside it! TY Polycount, Valve and competitors!
  • Xilick
    Offline / Send Message
    Xilick triangle
    Congrats to the winners of the contest, I really like the AWP alot. Kinda sad I haven't made it again but thats life, gonna hope for something in upcoming case atleast:D:)
    But the real question is; should I keep the PC-CSGO tag on the skin or delete it and make it skin as any other?
  • szili6boy
    Offline / Send Message
    szili6boy vertex
    Congratulations to the winners!