Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• Jantomet
    Oniram wrote: »
    so ive found an interesting bug this morning. something that has been bothering me for a while. say im texturing and i want to lay down some base textures with a brush (some squiggles for example)

coolGuyMcSquiggles.jpg

looks great yea? cool. so now when i open 3do and i do this, it results in lines shooting across my screen from where i pick up my pen.

horribleSquiggles%5D.jpg

not sure why 3do does this to my tablet, but it seems like something is going on behind the scenes that makes my mouse want to go off screen. if this has been brought up before, disregard, if not, itd be great if someone could figure out whats going on.

I had the same issue a while back. Using the Wacom pen for drawing with a simple brush in PS CS6 would result in lines shooting of and off canvas to the right.
    Thought it was a Wacom/Photoshop issue and did not think it had anything to do with Quixel. As i remember i just restarted PS and have since updated Wacom drivers. Have not had the problem since.
  • Oniram
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 15
    i thought it was a driver issue as well. ive updated my drivers. restarted photoshop. restarted my pc. nothing. i tested just now and it did only happen when 3do was open. i would have it closed.. draw squiggles, fine. open.. bad. close it. fine.. reopen it. bad.
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I think I recall seeing somewhere that setting 3do to "topmost" fixed this error, but I could be mistaken. And besides, for anyone with one monitor, that wouldn't exactly be a great fix.
  • Kosai106
    Offline / Send Message
    Kosai106 polycounter lvl 13
    Hmm, am I the only one with this issue?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odl-35XyDko"]Quixel Suite - Open Beta Bug #2[/ame]
  • Electro
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    This might sound really dumb, but has ANYONE been able to get anything output from 3do to actually look like 3do in ANY game engine? I use the UE4 calibration profile, load the textures up in unreal and plug them directly in and it looks dull and nothing like 3do.
    It appears that 3do is manipulating the values a lot before displaying them, but the shader nor this info is made public so it's impossible to match.
    Has anyone else managed to toy around and get something remotely close? I'm guessing some pow/multiplies with magic numbers.
    Cheers
  • jonasesin01
    Hello, Im sorry if this is not the right place but I have been asking this question without any answer.
    Qixel suite it is compatible with V-ray?
    I think the suite looks awesome but I have one problem... what is the final goal of using quixel? I made animations in V-ray but the maps are not compatible at all with vray... so... it can be used just for toolbag?? just for game engienes??
    Bcuz I downloaded the Head hard surface model of qixel and is not working at all with V-ray or mentalray... not even near the result so... Im wondering it is a option you need to take to have vray maps or just simple for toolbag..
    I post the renders of Vray and Mental...

VRAY
    01010101010101.jpg

MentalRay
    010101010101012.jpg
    Thankss
  • jonasesin01
    Hello... I have been asking this question without answer anywere...

what can I do with my maps???... Im trying to use my maps on Vray and Mentalray and just cant...
    Qixel is just fot toolbag render??? and game engines??
    what about traditional animation?????? Im missing some button or something that allows qixel to create Vray maps compatible???
    those are renders of the downloadable example of quixel... and the results on vray and mentalray are awfull... not even near the result of the video promo of qixel...

VRAY
    01010101010101.jpg

MENTAL RAY
    010101010101012.jpg
    pleae help me with this
  • Ryan Smith
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryan Smith polycounter lvl 11
    Hey i'm not sure if this has been posted before, (also i should not that i'm using (1.4) but i'm getting a bug where i click on the drop down menu in DDO shows up for about a second then dissapears.

I'm also trying to rotate my model in 3DO and after about a second it stops updating and freezes the transformation as if i lost control of the movement. I have to click every second in order to keep rotating my model. It's like the window becomes inactive after a second.
  • Gordon Robb
    Offline / Send Message
    Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
    How have you got 1.4? My version is only 1.3.
  • HolaBlackDavy
    Thank you, i've solved all my errors
  • Eric Ramberg
    Hi guys sorry for late reply! We’re getting pretty close to release right now and therefore i cannot reply to all your bugs individually right now, But they are all being forwarded and read by the dev team that i promise you! For all those having problem i would suggest to make make a clean install to see if that fixes anything, also make sure you install the patches in the same directory as the suite was installed.
    For any of you who are having problem with materials not having any “Texture” This might be the issue, since the patterns are needed to create smart materials!

@Gordon Robb - Sorry i haven’t had the time to look at your files, but due to the fact that quite a few people are having problem setting up a project with all the inputs, we’re putting together a guide on how to do it properly, that will hopefully solve your issues!

@Vipera - You are quite right, slider is in consideration :)

@BringMeaSunkist - man i do like me some Sunkist! :) On to your question, You can make custom masks! A non destructive way is coming in 1.4, but for now you can paint on your mask by hand, it will however disappear if you enter dynamask again after doing so. So the cleanest way of doing it right now is by creating a new material, if you look in the patterns you can see some of my custom masks that I’ve created. I prefer this method because in time you will build a real nice library of reusable masks/patterns!

To create your own mask just: create new material, select your mask that you’ve made, (preferable tillable) and put it in the albedo slot, save and done! :)

@Brygelsmack - Not right now, its being worked on!

@Othelnic12 - i sent you a private message!

@Oniram - try setting 3d0 to topmost as Joopson suggested!

@jonasesin01 - The suite does not yet have a V-ray exporter I’m sorry to say, but it is coming along with support for most game engines/Renderers! The option to create your very own exporters is also on the way!

Getting close now! I want to give a huge thanks to everybody for your input, bugreports and suggestions! Also I am truly sorry for all of you who are having problem, but hang tight because 1.4 is coming and hopefully this will take care of most of your problems!

You guys are the best!
  • meshiah
    Offline / Send Message
    meshiah polycounter lvl 17
    is there a way i can pull the cavity map out on its own? dug though the working folders but cant find it????????
  • Eric Ramberg
    @meshiah - There is no way to extract a cavity from DDO at this point, but i talked to Teddy about it and he thought it would be a really good feature to implement so it is coming! But until then you can convert normal maps to cavity through NDO! Thank you for your input!
  • Gordon Robb
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric. I don't think I'm having problems setting up the project properly. With a mesh that has a low res model and a normal map created from a high res version, everything is good. However, I don't see this working with a mesh that has no Normal map. The curvature map just doesn't seem to cut it.

If you can show me this working on a really simple shape ( box with slightly rounded edges for example). I'll be happy. Right now, I'm thinking there's is now way to find edges, without those edges being defined in a normal map. Which, if true, is a bugger.
  • meshiah
    Offline / Send Message
    is there a limit to the amount of different mask colors per image?

was on a good pace, loaded in my torso, when i go to pick the color (holding c), the masks are all their and look correct, then when i select my smart material i want applied, it does't hold or use that color to mask. i don't see the alhpa of the color i just icked selection in the id slot. but the correct color is selected if i open the ID picker.

think i got it to work, just move my whole project location,,,,hmm,,, ill post if i can figure out what the actual problem and fix was.
  • Arforyon
    Offline / Send Message
    Arforyon polycounter lvl 4
    @Eric. Hey how's it going?

Did you get a chance to look at my issue and files? page 26.
    Thank you.
  • 4GetRich
    Thanks a bunch for the bugs everyone! they are really crucial for further development of the tool so keep em coming!

@beefaroni - That is very unfortunate! have you tried a reinstall of the suite? really sorry for your troubles!

@Eric Williams - Well something is definitely wrong, thank you so much for taking the time to explain your problems further!

@4getrich - Damn so close! did you get it to work again??

@Gordon Robb - Im trying to find a solution for you, let me get back to with an answer. I’m more of an artist monkey myself so input maps isn’t my strong suite, really sorry for the delay!

Nope... Still bugging... I start rerolling Java stuff again...
  • Eric Ramberg
    @Arforyon - Is your project on a network drive or does it have any special characters in the path?
  • Arforyon
    Offline / Send Message
    Arforyon polycounter lvl 4
    @ Eric Oh i've never thought that it could be it. i just tried by putting the files on the desktop and it worked. Had it previously in this directory: "E:\Work\Odd\Projecto 3D\Op
  • Eric Ramberg
    @Arforyon - I think so, glad it worked! :)
  • meshiah
    Offline / Send Message
    im still having an issue on a clean project,everything is set up proper,.

1. mask colors are correct when i hit c (3do window)
    2. i select the mask color i want, and add a smart material.
    3. then it just doesn't create the main ID alpa mask.. the color swatch is correct in the id selector, but no alhpa mask was created..

can you pm me an email addie i can send a file to for support to look at please.
  • Eric Ramberg
    @meshiah - Have you tried any of the sample projects at http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddo_samples to make sure the fault is not in your setup? I have never come across this bug before actually, thats why i'm thinking it might be a input problem. I apologize if you've already tried this!
  • meshiah
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric Ramberg,
    hey, thanks for getting back to me.
    the sample projects work fine, and i have completed two other ddo full projects today without issue.
    im pretty familiar with how everything is working, and have cleanly re-exported, maps/meshes multiple times (just loading maks,noirmals,mesh) very simple set up. nothing fancy at all..

update.. i had a buddy try and run it in his ddo, this error came up when selecting the mask file, it failed to make the png and crashed, while giving the error attached. i do not get the error on my machine (he did run the ddo project over the network if that makes any difference....does this error look familiar, and any know fix?
    thaks for your time btw
  • Eric Ramberg
    @meshiah - Alright, just makes it all the stranger then.. Running a project over network makes a real big difference, also having special characters in the path name can cause problems. Have him move the project locally instead and try it, let me know what happens!
  • Hangs
    Offline / Send Message
    Hangs null
    I also get the 8800 error. I get this error as soon as i click on "Creat Base" and the creating mask bar stops at 40% then.
    It seems that its working afterwards, but this is my first projekt whit dDo so i can not tell if maybe the base set up should be different ...
    I am using the suite verison 1.3 and photoshop cs6 Extended.

Thx for help :)
  • Eric Ramberg
    @ Hangs - Sometimes there are errors although the operation was performed correctly, as you said its hard to tell when you've never used the tool before :) Have you noticed anything that appears to be wrong yet?

There is a good section on the wiki on how to set up the projects properly:
    http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddointro
    and also some sample projects to get you going!
  • Hangs
    Offline / Send Message
    Hangs null
    Hey Eric,

Thanks for the fast reply :)
    I found out that i only get this error, if i load only the mesh and colormap. I tested it with the AK from the example files. As soon as i load a different map then the color map (doesn't matter if its AO normal etc. whitout or with the color map) i get no error.
    If i load a model (also the AK from examples) only whit a color map then i also cannot load a Material because i get an "Error 1220:Illegal Argument" and also the same greyish error from Quixelsuite postet above.

Hope that helps :)
  • Eric Ramberg
    @Hangs - The suite is dependant on input maps to function, so just load the color id map is never going to work. There will be a tutorial shortly on how to make all the inputs properly, until then i suggest you use the sample files to learn the tool! Hope this helps!
  • meshiah
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric Ramberg, got the file to hawkins, he has the same behavior on his machine. i added a big flat swatch and started moving it to the left until it broke. then moved it back to where it worked, then started masking from there. ill add one or two colors and it just breaks again....
    im running out time so i may have to just run a bunch of materials and mask in photoshop, this is painful, im about a full day down on just this bug so far.

have you guys done a stress test and just made something with like 200 colors? to see if it holds up..

yup, after further testing it looks like i hit a limit, i got it to the point where if i add one more color, doesn't matter where or what, it breaks.
  • Eric Ramberg
    @Meshiah - That is very interesting, what is the limit? Sorry for your troubles though!
  • riuthamus
    Offline / Send Message
    riuthamus polycounter lvl 11
    Am i the only one who cant get this to work with Photoshop CC 2014?
  • OutOfMyMind
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    riuthamus wrote: »
    Am i the only one who cant get this to work with Photoshop CC 2014?
    It works with CC, but its still not a stable build. Try reinstalling.
  • riuthamus
    Offline / Send Message
    I have done that, and it doesn't work with CC 2014. CC != CC 2014. They just released CC 2014 a few days ago.
  • Eric Ramberg
    @riuthamus - what sort of problems are you having?
  • riuthamus
    Offline / Send Message
    Same as other have had before. The suite opens but does nothing after the mini menu is there. Click one of the icons and it goes away ( like it wants to process something ) but doesn't do anything and just brings back the menu.

I used the update option ( quixel studio ) and re-installed just in case I was doing something wrong. Does the same thing. The only thing I have not tried is installing to another path.

EDIT**: Installed to a new path, no different. It asks me where my photoshop.exe file is. I link that exe and try to click one of the icons. Does the same behavior as listed above and doesn't work. This is the newest photoshop so I am wondering if the program is not set to work with that compiled .exe yet?
  • Eric Ramberg
    @riuthamus - Long shot here.. but you're not installing the suite on a network drive?
  • CovenantofDawn
    Offline / Send Message
    CovenantofDawn polycounter lvl 5
    Hello! I'm having difficulty with Quixel Suite. After installing and turning the software on, I am met with the 3 buttons; NDO, DDO, and 3DO. When clicking NDO and DDO and waiting, nothing happens. It silently fails. 3DO works fine, however, and after checking the installation folder, 3DO is the only software that has the required scripts. DDO and NDO do not have files within the x64 or x86 folders. I use Photoshop CS5. How do I make these programs function properly?
  • riuthamus
    Offline / Send Message
    Since im on my own machine, and im not part of a domain it shouldn't be on a network drive (could be wrong though). It is, however, not on the C drive. It worked before I moved to Photoshop CC 2014. Same drives and same locations for everything so that is why I figured it had to have been the update of CC.
  • HolaBlackDavy
    Hello, i've just saw this tutorial http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/1740-Creating-Next-Gen-Game-Weapons-in-3ds-Max and under Stylized mats there is a Metal Section but my Quixel Suite 1.3 doesn't have Stylized Metal Materials! Can you please help me ?
  • Hangs
    Offline / Send Message
    Hangs null
    @Hangs - The suite is dependant on input maps to function, so just load the color id map is never going to work. There will be a tutorial shortly on how to make all the inputs properly, until then i suggest you use the sample files to learn the tool! Hope this helps!

@Eric: Ah ok. For me its no problem to produce these maps i just wanted to do a quick test, but the error messege was not explicit, so i didnt knew that this was the problem. Maybe a more specific error messege or a disabled create base if dont have the required maps would be better !

Thx for help :)
  • Hangs
    Offline / Send Message
    Hangs null
    riuthamus wrote: »
    Same as other have had before. The suite opens but does nothing after the mini menu is there. Click one of the icons and it goes away ( like it wants to process something ) but doesn't do anything and just brings back the menu.

I used the update option ( quixel studio ) and re-installed just in case I was doing something wrong. Does the same thing. The only thing I have not tried is installing to another path.

EDIT**: Installed to a new path, no different. It asks me where my photoshop.exe file is. I link that exe and try to click one of the icons. Does the same behavior as listed above and doesn't work. This is the newest photoshop so I am wondering if the program is not set to work with that compiled .exe yet?
    @riuthamus: I had the same issue and i solved it by starting photoshop in administrator mode and then quixel suite in administrator mode and after wards everything worked.
    Hope that helps ;)

• Gordon Robb
    Offline / Send Message
    I must try that.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Hangs - This is very interesting! If this solves issues for anyone else i would be really glad if you let me know! (Proper error message would have been better i agree :) )
  • OutOfMyMind
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    @Eric Ramberg:
    Any chance for 1.4 before end of beta?
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Everytime i try to create a brass smart material i get this error r1mHGbt.png
  • grfxman
    Offline / Send Message
    grfxman polycounter lvl 6
    @Eric Ramberg:
    Any chance for 1.4 before end of beta?

Was just wondering the same thing myself...
  • hike1213
    I installed the legacy, got some other 'doesn't exist' error, then I installed the
    beta 1.6gb, running photoshop cs2

error 48: file or folder does not exist line:0
    -> #include Constants.jsx

https://sites.google.com/site/terrymorgan1213
  • Eric Ramberg
  • Eric Ramberg
    We're working very hard to release 1.4 before end of beta! It is very much the plan right now!

@skyline5gtr - Only with the brass or other materials as well?
  • Gordon Robb
    Offline / Send Message
    Yup. Starting Photoshop and Suite in Administrator mode fixed the problem of the menu just disappearing. Just need to get the 'finding edges without low/hi poly normals' now.

Also, Is there a way to get 3DO to display the model with smoothing on? I get this....
This discussion has been closed.