Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• dimwalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dimwalker polycounter lvl 15
    @Dimwalker - yes it really should, I'm somewhat stomped by this since you are using a sample project and everything else look correct. would you mind telling me all your specs?

Quixel Suite 1.3
    Photoshop CC x64
    ENG WIN7 Home Premium x64 SP1
    DirectX 11
    GeForce GTX 760
    8Gb DDR3 Kingston
    Intel Core i7 860
    Asus P7P55D-E PRO

Anything else?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @dimwalker - thank you! Anything else that is wrong with the suite? trying to find some sort of connection to the errors you're having.
  • Novian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Novian polycounter lvl 12
    How does one tell what version of the suite they are running? And where will both the announcement of the update and the update link be posted? Thank you!
  • dimwalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric Ramberg
    Described issues I encountered in this 2 posts:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2081958#post2081958
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2131668#post2131668
    Didn't test minor problems in version 1.3.
    Shift+C+click works now.
    Main blockers remain: NDO still crashes Suite and DDO(3DO window survives), DDO shows no material.
    Not much else I can do/try without access to material.

Now thinking about it, most of my problems seem to be GUI related.
  • dimwalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Novian
    From Suite menu pick Launch Updater...
    All available versions listed there.
    download - version is newer, than yours
    reinstall - your version
    roll back - version is older, than yours
  • Izanamya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric Ramberg

This issue of empty layer window is not project-related, as it occurs even with your own sample projects.

As dimwalker, certainly a GUI issue.
    I tried a useless java update.
  • Novian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Novian polycounter lvl 12
    @dimwalker Thanks! I just jumped straight into making awesome textures so I never found it yet. hehe :)

Cheers~
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Just downloaded it this week, feels SO much USER friendly at first blush than before. Thank you, Quixel!

Problem:
    Some of my materials that I choose from the Color Map Linking don't appear like Leather. Has anyone else had this issue in 1.3?
  • demilich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demilich polycounter lvl 8
    Hello,
    Ive been having this issue ever Quixel beta was launched. I've never managed to get it working properly. This happens when I use Ddo. I add my mesh and all the corresponding texture maps, then Create Base and I get these two errors. I tried uninstalling Photoshop cs6 twice and installing it back and same with Quixel uninstalling and reinstalling.
    Any idea what might be causing this?
    These are my computer specs.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
    Intel Xeon X5650 2.67 ghz (6 cpus)
    RAM 12 gb
    GeForce GTX770

Thanks
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Can somebody tell me why do I get these strange effects - edges not fully covered by mask?
    effs.png
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you have a UV split there? I'd say it's probably lack of padding in your input maps.
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    throttlekitty Yes, of-course - it is a model with splits at every 90 degrees hard edge. Padding should be ok (16 pixels in xNormal). Now think it happens be-course DDO creates curvature map that somehow doesn't include padding areas. Contrary to this curvature map baked in xNormal works OK:
    tts_n2_curvature.png
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For whose who were wondering you can create curvature maps in Modo 801 (only in this one) and use them with HIGH poly meshes in DDO.
  • resetxform
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    resetxform polycounter lvl 5
    I'm having nothing but issues with Quixel on this machine. This is all I get, and not sure if image will load or not. Creating New Project...0% in 30 minutes.
    b1cb342e196bc1906f80dbebad78d7b8:poly127:b1cb342e196bc1906f80dbebad78d7b8
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Dimwalker thank you for clearing that up! for Novian, could i be as cheeky as to ask you to start a new thread and list your issues, so hard to keep track on everything now that so many have had similar issues. It would help a lot and i promise i will do everything i can to sort them out for you! Sorry for any inconvenience.

@Izanamya - The empty layer window can be project related, thats why i wanted your files, Dimwalker is using the sample files so thats why i know that his issue isn’t project related, but i can’t be certain your’s aren’t until i see the project. You may not have the same bug :)

@JadeEyePanda - Glad you like it! The reason you are not seeing all the materials is because they are not all included in the beta. only the materials in the browser are available at the moment!

@Demilich - Do you get this error when you use the sample files from the wiki? http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddo_samples
    alternatively try to create your project without your mesh.

@final_fight - Would you mind uploading your normal map and send the link to me? much like sherlock i need to investigate this further!

@resetxform - Sorry you’re having problem, i can’t see the images though, would you mind creating a new thread with all the information about your bug and your specs?
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
    Clears a lot up, but doesn't make any difference to my problem. It still requires a fairly complex model to have the AO pick up details. Still no joy finding edges on a simple rounded edge box. I'm happy to assume I'm doing something wrong (I really hope I am) but it doesn't seem so.

@Eric - I'm back from holiday and would like to get back onto this.

Just to re-iterate. I want to be able to find edges on a mesh which has no low res/high res Normal map. I would say the mesh is medium res (ie, rounded edges on the corners. I have tried the new guide to create curvature maps, but it still does not find the edges.

Anything you can recommend? Would it help if I uploaded my mesh, and showed you what it is I'm looking to achieve? (I can paint it manually)
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric - I'm back from holiday and would like to get back onto this.

Just to re-iterate. I want to be able to find edges on a mesh which has no low res/high res Normal map. I would say the mesh is medium res (ie, rounded edges on the corners. I have tried the new guide to create curvature maps, but it still does not find the edges.

Anything you can recommend? Would it help if I uploaded my mesh, and showed you what it is I'm looking to achieve? (I can paint it manually)

Try baking curvature map in xNormal from the same mesh in High/Low tabs. Maybe these settings can help:
    curv.png
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @final_fight - thank you for the files!

@Gordon Robb - Welcome back! hope you had a nice holiday, I'm gonna have one of our artist create a cube for you and we'll go from there, just to see if we're on the same page :)
  • emaema
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    why I get this wired zigzag when masking with curvature?v0z3heK.jpg
    how can I fix this?
  • ghaztehschmexeh
    OK so the beta period ran out - no problem, I'll plug in my license

30345cd461.png

Umm? It's not a problem for the trial period but I'd like to know how to register my copy :P The last one is obviously my key but I don't know what the other two fields are.
  • dimwalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric Ramberg
    Do you guys planning to have some limited functionality demo version? Some of us(those who still have problems with Suite) are in a tricky situation now - no way of telling if another update will work on our machines or not 8/

And another thing that scares me... since most people with blocker bugs won't buy full version(I guess), your userbase won't even need those fixes, not to mention they won't be able to test them. Thus, "our" bugs will have low priority and people who still willing to pay and wait for patches would probably have to wait for a long time.

I've noticed that there is "extend" feature, though it gives maximum one more update to test.
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hold on, are you saying that in buying now, I have not bought the actual product? But only paid to be part of the beta? My assumption was I was buying, at beta stage, and would get the full product as part of that. Is this not the case?
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    It think what they mean is - the beta is free at the moment so those people using it free will need to pay to keep using it once release 1.0 comes out. As far as I know once you have purchased it you will have a licence for the full product.
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanteez polycounter lvl 5
    The TOP Field is YOUR NAME
    The SECOND is the name of your COMPANY
    The last is your SERIAL

and everyone who purchased suite early is able to upgrade from the LEGACY "ORIGINAL" ndo and ddo to the QUIXEL SUITE. But yes this is a one time update to Quixel VERSION ONE! Do you not expect to ever pay for major release versions ever again?
    If so I've never heard of a company practicing that but PIXOLOGIC.

So we've paid for V1, V1.2, V1.3, V1,4, V1.5 etc
    But ONCE it hits V2 "generally you are charged and upgrade.... But keep in mind that can be years or a year or so....
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We are currently in Quixel V1.3 so I'm assuming we have 7 more updates before V2 and that can be over a year or longer
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Helllo Guys,

To clear some stuff up for people those who bought for example DDO prior or while the beta was going on should already see the upgraded key in their account area. If you are missing one or the other you will not get a free version of the other in this deal you would need to purchase the remaining tools to complete the suite. Purchasing the SUITE outright means that you have DDO and NDO included already.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! For all the confusion about the end of beta please read this thread
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139651

@emaema - Do you also get this with the sample files? http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddo_samples

@ghaztehschmexe - Really sorry for this, if you read the thread at the top of my post you’ll see that our plan is to extend the beta, so therefore this “register box” isn’t what it should be! you can use trial until 1.4 comes out later today/tomorrow, it will extend the beta automatically!

@dimwalker - Again, sorry for all the confusion, as you say the suite isn’t stable enough to release. That is why we’ve decided to extend beta with roughly one month. So you will see those shopp stopping bugs ironed out before you have to make the decision weather you would like to buy or not. During this extended beta you will have access to all the updates. Rest assured that no bug will be low priority or forgotten!

@Gordon Robb - no there is no buying part of the product or only the beta, if you bought DDO you own DDO, same with NDO.

@Ged - you are so very correct! :)

@Shanteez - Thank you for clearing up the fields, obviously this is a blunder from our part. Actually everybody with a Legacy license can upgrade their copy of NDO or DDO to the new versions.

Teddy really felt that everybody should have best possible tools for making textures and that is why its a free upgrade, updates will of course be free for the suite. If and when a new set of tools are released in the future i don’t know what will happen but thats down the road :)

@Shanteez - 1.3 only refers to the beta, so when the the suite is out of beta I’m fairly sure those numbers will be reseted. There is not a set number of updates before the next program, The suite will be updated as much as needed so that its stable for all the users. It will of course also be updated as new features come in.
  • Bertmac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bertmac polycounter lvl 17
    Hey Eric,
    I did upload my project to you . Did you Recife it.
    Thanks
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @bertmac i did! Dev team is looking in to it!
  • emaema
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! For all the confusion about the end of beta please read this thread
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139651

@emaema - Do you also get this with the sample files? http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddo_samples

@ghaztehschmexe - Really sorry for this, if you read the thread at the top of my post you’ll see that our plan is to extend the beta, so therefore this “register box” isn’t what it should be! you can use trial until 1.4 comes out later today/tomorrow, it will extend the beta automatically!

@dimwalker - Again, sorry for all the confusion, as you say the suite isn’t stable enough to release. That is why we’ve decided to extend beta with roughly one month. So you will see those shopp stopping bugs ironed out before you have to make the decision weather you would like to buy or not. During this extended beta you will have access to all the updates. Rest assured that no bug will be low priority or forgotten!

@Gordon Robb - no there is no buying part of the product or only the beta, if you bought DDO you own DDO, same with NDO.

@Ged - you are so very correct! :)

@Shanteez - Thank you for clearing up the fields, obviously this is a blunder from our part. Actually everybody with a Legacy license can upgrade their copy of NDO or DDO to the new versions.

Teddy really felt that everybody should have best possible tools for making textures and that is why its a free upgrade, updates will of course be free for the suite. If and when a new set of tools are released in the future i don’t know what will happen but thats down the road :)

@Shanteez - 1.3 only refers to the beta, so when the the suite is out of beta I’m fairly sure those numbers will be reseted. There is not a set number of updates before the next program, The suite will be updated as much as needed so that its stable for all the users. It will of course also be updated as new features come in.

no this is an object and maps I created.
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So if I bought Suite - I'm ok then?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @emaema - would you mind trying with one of the sample projects?

@gordon robb - you're all good!
  • Liquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Guys,

are you able to re-render a project using a different preset, i.e. I've done a project with the 'Unity' preset, but then want to re-create it using the 'UE4 - Optimised' preset ?
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Eric... That is EPIC that you guys are planning on resetting the demo for the more stable version....yes Quixel Suite is buggy at times but if it crashes, re-click the Quixel Suite icon and generally it picks up where it left off. Maybe an AUTOSAVE function in the tool like MAYA and ZBRUSH like every 5 minutes or whatever, will solve... But this is the point in an open beta, to EXPLOIT problems and correct them. I think you guys are AWESOME and this tool is ridiculously useful and I LOOK forward to our LONG future together! Thank you Team QUIXEL
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Shanteez - Thank you so much for your kind words i cant tell you how much it means!! Regarding the autosave that is not a bad idea! Teddy is currently looking in to implementing more things there and autosave might be one of them :)
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No update yet?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dev team is crunching really hard to finish this release. 1.4 will be out very soon i promise!
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Dexyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    v9RiIaH.png?1

I updated, was really excited, and then I got this amazing blinding image above. At first everything was working then it decided to lose all of its texture and detail with whatever this is.

Photoshop CS6
    Quixel Suit 1.4

I did reinstall the Suite, but to no avail.

Quick Update: It only happens upon initialization, which I still don't get.
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    look like the load project crash strike it again ^^; i will try to uninstall et reinstall it tomorrow because i'm tired right now, time to sleep !
  • ghaztehschmexeh
    Trying to export a project of mine with the ggx profile, getting this error. TB2 profile works fine still.

Edit: GGX profile works on a different project. Which has less layers, if that helps.

Also, am I supposed to use different values for ggx? I'm using generic pbr ggx in tb2 and the roughness because a lot less subtle, and the texture suffers as a result. Then again the offending layers aren't quixel layers, would that make a difference?

b1bbbfe4eb.png
  • hell_d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys,
    it was time to get back to work, installed 1.4 update and .....problem:

q5B1YFz.jpg

Tried to run all as admin, also reinstalled Quixel, no luck :\
    Java update was installed with 1.4 update. I'm using PS CS3

Help?
  • jan19
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No real problems here yet, thankfully. The re-render at full resolution takes a bit more time,
    but that's ok. Is it my imagination, or am I getting better edge metal weathering effects? :-)

No longer getting the *set* error at all, thanks be to God.

Can still texture using the c/shift click -- my favorite.

Thanks, Quixel dudes, for the update! I LOVE updates. :-)

Mud from above and Mud from below are still flip-flopped -- is that my object space map flipped? I use Zbrush to export my maps, with flip V checked.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hell_D: Can you try starting a project in a simpler location and see if that fixes it? Tour path name seems super character heavy and long. I want to see if the long string is what might be breaking it for you? Thanks!
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Dexyon - so force refresh doesn´t work, its like this all the time now? I had a similar problem, i updated the graphics driver and that solved it, might work for you!
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric

OK, back at this problem.....

I am tryting to use DDO to texture objects that are not Low Poly versions of a High poly model (so no Normal map with nice edges). I've had a lot of ideas obout using Curvature maps, and it just does not work.

First imag is how the mesh looks with a curvature map created in Xnormal (using the bumplebee material).

Second image shows after me tweaking the settings to get it better... but it is not cleanly finding all the edges I'm interested in...

Last images shows an example from Lightwave using a material that finds edges...

Can you tell me how this can be done, or just accept once and or all that it cant? And I've followed the advice given here and on the Wiki. The curvature map just simple does not find the edges.
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, I thought it would have put those images in the post. The links work though
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    Sorry, I thought it would have put those images in the post. The links work though

just use these code :
    [IMG]link[/IMG]

and it will display your pics :)
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just used the button to insert the attachemetns in the Advanced tab. No matter, they show up :)
This discussion has been closed.