Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• Vipera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vipera polycounter lvl 2
    Gheromo wrote: »
    Updated the Suite to 1.6 at work. Suite opens fine, once I click on dDo or nDo it freezes. Cant even get the registration window to open.

I have the same problem. When I click any button Suite freezes. I use Photoshop CC 2014. Quixel Suite is installed to this folder:
    "c:\Program Files (x86)\Quixel_Suite"

Version 1.4 worked fine.

UPDATE. When I launch 1.6 I see white empty window (registration information?). I cannot enter registration information because this window is absolutely empty - border with white background and close button in right top corner.
  • redhonour
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redhonour polycounter lvl 8
    Hey there! :]

1.6 didn't launch for me so I rolled back to 1.4. Back in action. The problem I had seemed similar to another poster's: launching dDo and nDo hang the program, and launching 3Do displays a progress bar which hangs at 50%.

No problem with that atm on 1.4, so... groovy.

I did however wake up to this weirdness (attached).

Not sure why Norton is flagging it or if it's just on my PC, but thought you guys should be aware!
  • XemnasKH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade my version of the suite, without buying a whole new version of it.
  • AlphaMix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redhonour wrote: »
    Hey there! :]

1.6 didn't launch for me so I rolled back to 1.4. Back in action. The problem I had seemed similar to another poster's: launching dDo and nDo hang the program, and launching 3Do displays a progress bar which hangs at 50%.

No problem with that atm on 1.4, so... groovy.

I did however wake up to this weirdness (attached).

Not sure why Norton is flagging it or if it's just on my PC, but thought you guys should be aware!

I think it has something to do with the way quixel uses photoshop. As Ive been hearing, disabling antivirus or adding some sort of exception for quixel may fix the freezing issue of versions 1.5 and 1.6, not really sure though, because previous versions of the suite worked just fine.
  • dimaspark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Photoshop version CC, program downloaded a trial version.
    I can not do the normal map. That's the normal map with photos

6146079.png

When I draw a normal map on it does not display anything

6248970.png
  • Yoshils
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello there! I'm having a issue where you try to load up Quixel Suite (x86 or original version) that a error message comes up saying "Failed to Construct Reference" with other things.

Even when the program decides to load up and give me the menu screen, every action and even hovering my mouse over the program will give me the same error message over and over till I force quit it.

I reinstalled and updated Quixel to 1.6 and using Photoshop CS6 and still no luck.

Anyone know whats up?

Link to the Error Code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nswmnrvpcvvtv12/quixel%20issue.JPG?dl=0
  • DarwinsMishap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I downloaded QUixel NDO2 and it installed. I cannot find the files in my C drive in the Program Files (x84) or Program Filess folders. When I launch nDo x64 or X86 I get a window stating to open Photoshop (I have CS5) with Run as Admin. Close it. It should work.

It does not. Every time I try to launch nDo2, I get the same message. It once opened Photoshop CS5 when I launched it, but went straight into the "Hook with Photoshop" and closed itself out.

I have CS5 on my F drive (external) and could not direct the install of nDo2 to the external- from what I read it installed directly onto my C drive (though as stated, there are no folders for Quixel that I Can find in either Program folders). Do I need to have both on the same drive to have it work? Is there a way to direct nDo2 to hook with CS5 other than the opening window?
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
    @Darwin Quixel installs itself on C:Users:Public...look there.
  • Tabris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tabris polycounter lvl 2
    dimaspark wrote: »
    Photoshop version CC, program downloaded a trial version.
    I can not do the normal map. That's the normal map with photos

6146079.png

When I draw a normal map on it does not display anything

6248970.png

Got the same Issue with a full licenced version.

I'm on CS5
    NDO doesn't work anymore, when I try to convert a picture -> my normal map is completely fucked up.

I can't brush a normal anymore too. Got no more option like Bevel, Size, etc.. that I used to have before this update.

Also got some issues with the registration of quixel suite.. I've got a new hardrive last week, the old one was dead.. DDO and NDO asked me to uninstall the previous version of my old computer which is not possible..
  • nwopolygonshapeshifter
    Downloading 1.6 as I snooze and prepare for a Civilization Beyond Earth Binge tonight.
  • Kyuzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
    I have trouble with naming. Can i name my textures as I want, not DDO? Say Normal map should have _bump after texture name, it's engine requirement, how can i do that automatically?
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dimaspark & Tabris: In dimaspark's case with menus not showing up this could be an issue with a non-English version of Photoshop (known issue). Have a look at this video on how to quickly change the Photoshop language to English without having to re-install Photoshop. Tabris, in your case I am a little less sure since it used to work for you. Which version worked for you before? And as for registration, log in to your license account and press "Reset" on your licenses, this should do the trick!

Kyuzo: Yes you can! You can fully customize the output via calibration profiles, there's a full guide on it here. More specifically what you want to do is make the following tweaks to the calibration script you are currently using:
    case "Normal":
                SetMapType("Bump");		
                return GetMergedMap();

I know this is a little advanced, so feel free to let me know which calibration profile you are using and I will send you an updated script with installation instructions via PM.

DarwinsMishap: Make sure you download the SUITE NDO! nDo2 is the old legacy version and is no longer supported.

Yoshils: Thanks for reporting! We have reason to believe it is due to a corrupt Photoshop installation and some CS6 users experiencing this issue report that installing the CC version helps solve the problem. For other users, a simple re-install of Photoshop solves this issue. Let me know if any of these options are helpful to you.

XemnasKH: If you already have a version of the suite, all upgrades are free! No need to purchase it again. Or if you just have NDO for instance, you can get the full suite simply by getting just DDO separately, or vice versa. Then you will have all keys necessary to run the full suite.

redhonour: Thanks for letting us know! It is most likely Norton messing with your install of the SUITE -- make sure to set up an exception for SUITE.exe in Norton so it stops messing with it, and you should hopefully be fine again!

Brygelsmack: Wow, that's a first! Did it occur the second you pressed 3DO or in the middle of some process?

Vipera & Gheromo: Could you check if there are any anti-virus programs blocking the suite? The symptoms you describe are commonly solved this way.

Digital Cantina: This is likely because you are trying to register the new SUITE NDO with a legacy nDo2 license key. You may have purchased nDo2 before the official release of the Quixel SUITE was made, and therefore your mail inbox may only contain a message showing your old nDo2 license key. Don't worry though, a new SUITE NDO license has been generated for you for free and is accessible through your license account.Log in to your license account here: http://quixel.se/user. Here you will find a SUITE tab under your NDO license page. Copy this license and paste it into the NDO license registration window and you should be able to successfully register the new NDO.

tach: The license system changed between the beta and the official version of the SUITE and is likely the cause of the reoccurring prompts. Unless the licensing system gets updated again it should not be a problem for you anymore. Please let me know if this issue persists for future updates!

For anyone still experiencing issues please have a look at this troubleshooter we just put up: http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=troubleshooting

Thanks everyone for all the reports!

- Teddy
  • Tabris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tabris polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks for the reply Teddy.

Registration problem is solved !

Before the update I was using Cs5 french version and Quixel Suite 1.4.
    Now still using Cs5 64 french version and Quixel 1.6.

Here is my result for a standard convert :
    6125646.jpg
    6116430.jpg

The same thing happens when I used Convert with presets.

And when I try to scuplt.. it doesnt work and there is absolutely no options in ndo frame.
    6136897.jpg
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Tabris,

Have a look at this video on how to quickly change the Photoshop language to English (without having to re-install Photoshop). This will solve your problem!

- Teddy
  • Tabris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tabris polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks Teddy, it's working.

But are you planning to make Quixel working with other languages than english ?

I mean, for me that's not an issue, but there is certainly a ton of people that don't understand english..

Anyway thanks for helping me.
  • dimaspark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Teddy!!!!! it's working
  • Black_Raccoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys. I have PS CS6, and try to use downloaded NDO (trial). But bug appears.
    1. I make a layer at PS
    2. I select some area at the layer
    3. At NDO I press large button "convert" and NDO crushes. Appears system window "program will be closed".

could you help me pls?
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    The Quixel Suite is no more starting for me :(

I have tried uninstalling,reinstalling,running in admin,etc...

Windows 8.1
    PS CC 2014
    Quixel Suite 1.6
    Also tried on 1.5 and 1.0 to check if it works,but nothing....

I have lunched the C: \Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release\SUITE and it also doesn't work,everytime i click on it absolutely nothing happens,PS doesn't even open up,but when i run individually NDO it actually works,same thing with 3DO but DDO works until i click on "try" it crashes.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Black_Racoon: Really sorry to hear about the crash! Just to be safe, have you checked out the Troubleshooter? If this doesn't help you get back on track feel free to add me on Skype (teddybeargbg) and I we can troubleshoot this in real time.

Fansub: This is very strange! Can you please check that anti-virus applications are not interfering with the Suite? The easiest way to check would be to disable them temporarily. Also, if the Suite does not start it could also perhaps be due to it being stuck in the process list -- if so, kill it and try again and let me know if this does the trick.

Thanks everyone for all the questions, reports and solutions you have posted in this thread! We are now going to improve how we handle your support requests, and will now close this bulky thread down so that you can instead create your own thread for faster and more targeted support. We hope this will be a better way of helping!

Thanks again,
    - Teddy
This discussion has been closed.