Offline / Send Message
    loving these guys keep killin it!

-Woog
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    updated, below.

Awesome work guys they look just like the concepts.

Loving the heads splat, the creatures concept looks great and your sculpt is matching it perfectly so far.
    Nice work crazy fool, he's coming along great.
    Hope to see more from creature box.
  • Goldo_O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goldo_O greentooth
    Great work guys!
    HR and Low res meshes done. Time to unwrap :)
    eHTjxKm.jpg

e0kSsRO.jpg
  • Blackheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here's my horny duck, (working file name):)

original concept
    Outstanding-Comic-Art-by-CreatureBox-1-590x467.jpg

my sculpt
    hornyduck.jpg
  • Bill Lumbergh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bill Lumbergh polycounter
    Short Cake, Blackheart, TehSplatt Great stuff guyz!
    keep doing more cant wait to see them!
  • PhoenixWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhoenixWolf polycounter lvl 9
    crazyfool wrote: »
    great stuff everyone :)

Heres my chunners, was really ill last week so shes not as polished as I would of liked but oh well haha, onto the next.

chun_li_tp004.jpg

Dat Ass!
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Awww Daaaammmmnnn!!!!

Theturn out for this theme is outstanding. congrats to everyone on this, hope I have time to at least get mine started.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Working on trying to transfer the polypaint to texture and get it posed, but this is where i am.

CBwip_zps960572d7.png
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan polycounter lvl 11
    AWESOME work everyone.

@ Blackheart : Great work man. :thumbup:

@ Goldo_O : Great choice and I am pretty happy you are taking it all the way.

@ TehSplatt : Awesome work. The crew members came out ace. No ideas for renders......... just fiddle with it till it feels right :poly136:

@ MeintevdS : :thumbup:

@ crazyfool : DUDE! youmakeamesooohappy. Pretty keen to see what comes next.

ZBrush corrupted my Escape entry so that is :poly127:GAME OVER MAN!:poly127:

So while I decide what to do next I started on a dude.

cowboywip.jpg

Keep the rads coming everyone.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan wrote: »

ZBrush corrupted my Escape entry so that is :poly127:GAME OVER MAN!:poly127:

GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:poly122: No backups?!? Not even the (slightly)annoying new autosave feature?!?

That makes me very sad, but this guy makes me happy... so I guess i'm meh?
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update3.jpg

Posed Image

This was fun, maybe I'll make a game res version, pimple on a pimple on the ass for the win.

Nice work peeps, katana like the colors hope you make It happen as far as baking goes.

That sucks big-time duncan.:( I really love your character, would have made an awesome piece.
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Oh wow Duncan, that really sucks! Didn't you use incremental saves? :(

I really love the new model though. Really spot on so far, something I hope I'll be able to learn too. Hope you'll have more luck with this guy.
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Great stuff everyone! Creaturebox was an awesome choice so I just had to do something.
    ;) Not sure if I'm gonna take this further.

emperortachyon_fan2.jpg

the colors are hurting my eyes.;)
  • JulienMeyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks D4V1DC!
    damn duncan very sorry to hear, I really loved that little guy's style, this new one's already looking great too.

Late, but I couldn't miss an opportunity to catch up on the Dishonored fan art, I wish I did it when the theme was up but heh. Please let me know what you guys think
    pajdishonoredlowbyjulie.jpg

Now seeing what you all come up with, this Creature Box theme looks like real fun, really enjoying what is going on this thread!
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Found my error. I didn't realize that UV Master had a limit of 150k, that's why it was crashing and I didn't have lower subdivisions to go to, so I decimated it down to a workable number. Lost my poly paint in the process, but at least I can still move forward with the model and I'll just chalk off the polypaint as a practice run...:)
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    cbfanart02.jpg

done n done..... Maaaaaybe a lowpoly for the "under 1k" thread later.;)
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ palm : hahahah SPOT ON. I would love to see a low poly for that guy.

bit more. Not really happy with the bandanna folds at the moment but I am gonna continue playing and see what happens..... you gotta fiddle with it till it feels right boys and girls...you gotta fiddle with it till it feels right

cowboywip02.jpg
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    loving that one duncan and palm that would make a great lowpoly model! D4V thats looking great but I think the concept looks more sharp and angular and a lot of your forms are more soft and rounded.

I finally got a few hours to finish the dishonored bust...not sure if the hat is not in the right spot or too small or something, been looking at it too long heh!

dishonoredchallenge_bust2.jpg
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    katana wrote: »
    Found my error. I didn't realize that UV Master had a limit of 150k, that's why it was crashing and I didn't have lower subdivisions to go to, so I decimated it down to a workable number. Lost my poly paint in the process, but at least I can still move forward with the model and I'll just chalk off the polypaint as a practice run...:)

What were you trying to do? we might be able to help :)

sounds like why I dont like dynamesh haha, you could alway retop and then UV that and bang it into zbrush, subdivide a few times, then project all onto it. If it plays with the UVs then you can always copy UVs in UVmaster and then paste them back in after the projection, then hit the 'make texture from polypaint' button. If Im using polypaint data I usually have the high UVed with a polypaint texture and then plug that into xnormals and transfer it to the low that way as sometimes you get weird errors if you just take it from Z and apply that to the low.

that might be gobbalee gook though haha and totally wrong for what you are trying to do haha.

fantastic stuff everyone, have to say every single one of these is awesome!!!! and its always nice to see some dishonoured stuff :)

Ive been really busy so the armours taking me ages!!!! might have to bleed into next weeks theme :(
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks.

I'm doing a retopo in Max since retopo in zbrush seemed to be an issue. I made copies of subtools, but my counts got to high. What I didnt realize (because I havent done any 3d in a while) is that decimation master triangulates the mesh, which makes polypainting impractical.

Yes, I was using dynamesh along the way, not knowing that while its a great tool for modeling, it will bite you in the ass at the end if you are planning to take the model out of zbrush with painting information....which wont work, because the mesh is too dense.

So now I am going to salvage it by retopo to an animatable tris count, then I'll do a new body sculpt in ZB and just use xnormal to get my baked info...

In other words, back to basics.
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Awesome work guys! Been dying to do one of these, finally found some free time today to work on this lady:

'Trixie', based on this concept.

Trixie_WIP.jpg
  • Boots!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boots! polycounter lvl 6
    What a fantastic idea, subscribed to the thread.
    I'll get working on some Borderlands content :)
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    having one issue that maybe someone here can help me on. Trying to retopo this model in Max 2013 and while the body and arms are fine, when i get to the fingers and thumb the verts are grabbing other surfaces. Dropping the distance doesnt seem to help.

Basically it will grab a spot on the torso or some other distant spot. I think part of it has to do with my camera angle, since it makes a difference how i am looking at the surface.

In addition to the freeform tools, I tried to take it into 2011 and use WrapIt but the same thing happens.

Any suggestions?

Would Topogun be any better?
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like to use topogun though I haven't updated so I have similar problems were verts get stuck to other areas so I'd just turn of any wrapping extrude the area and reimport the mesh to the reference it usually works out well if not topogun allows you to move things around easy enough to correct these errors even though a bit tendious, doesn't bother me much.

Best of luck with your troubles katana.

Love the work Jaco, Ged I'll try to sort it out when I do the game res mesh or retopo this was just a straight zsphere body no retopo so worked out well enough for now.
    Thanks gents :)
  • Goldo_O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goldo_O greentooth
    Very nice work Jaco!!! Wow, so fast :)
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the comments guys!
    Nice Jaco!

You have chosen a kick ass concept Duncan! Looking great so far.
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Katana.
    Complex models can get a bit tricky. Things get in the way you dont see etc etc. Maybe you could try to seperate the hands from the rest and merge later?
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm wrote: »
    Katana.
    Complex models can get a bit tricky. Things get in the way you dont see etc etc. Maybe you could try to seperate the hands from the rest and merge later?

Yep, I went back into ZBrush and started to retopo the original HP sculpt...things are going much better now. I also hadnt realized that you could hide parts of the mesh to keep the confusion down...

Once the retopo is done, I'll export to Max, do the unwrap and then project the info...I should be in good shape after that.
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Max retopo is a bit wonky. The retopo tools don't care if you hide parts of the model.

Glad you worked in ZB, maybe I should try zb retopo myself sometime.;)
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    that was fast Jaco did you mostly use zbrush, I mean whats your workflow like? for example do you carefully mash shapes together in zbrush and clean up later rather than make models in external apps?
  • spiderDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Jaco, teach me your ways!!!
    Looks super awesome!
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    hey guys! its my first time posting in this thread and i have to say there is some amazing stuff in here! kinda feel bad not participating before on this awesome effort so i thought i would give a try to this theme since i never did cartoony stuff before, so i hope you guys like it and keep the awesome work coming.

creature_box.jpg
  • Danzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amazing stuff from all the usual suspects.
    This is something I found on the creature box sketch book.
    F3kYB9V.png
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ katana : I use ZBrush for all my retopo needs.....and then some.

Awesome work everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

@ Jaco : ACE! pretty spot on.

@ Azkur : Great choice of characters. and done well too :thumbup:

Well decided to move on. I was going to do so much more but I had an idea that I just can't ignore any more..........didn't stop me from putting in too much effort with the "final" wip image :poly136: ..... ahhhhhh....will I never learn?

super_special_happy_creaturebox_art_jam_theme_time_by_duncanfraser-d63wcvq.jpg

Keep the rads a roll'n
  • OrganizedChaos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OrganizedChaos polycounter lvl 17
    Eh, not sure if I'm going to get to finishing this.... too much going on. Here's 2 hrs worth of work :P

tumblr_mm8laiWoA61r6b5zso1_1280.jpg

And a speedsculpt I did a while back + video!
    creaturebox.jpg

http://youtu.be/ZjEr7ehZf8g
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still plugging away on this guy. I've retopo'd and baked alot of it down to a 8k mesh. Still have a few problems to solve and my color work and map stuff needs a lot more attention...

Retopology in Zbrush worked much better than in times past (not sure if they did more bug work on that) and when I had a double skin that I couldnt get rid of in ZB, I had the brilliant ( for me anyway...:)) of bringing the broken mesh into max and deleting the cancerous arm. After which I used Max's retopo tools to rebuild the arm over the HP mesh.

Happy that it worked. Then I brought the new LP unwrapped mesh back into ZB, duplicated it, brought up the sub division levels and did a Project all which gave me all the polypaint data and higher detail which in turn was dropped onto a new texture sheet.

Nice to know I can salvage a mess when it happens....but on the next character, I'll be more aware of my steps...that should cut the time in half.

WiresLP_zps229f9d0c.png

CBLPWIP_zps0511a297.png
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    Duncan: Thanks man thats huge coming from you, i am a big fan!

Organized Chaos: those are looking sweet man
  • Intervain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Intervain polycounter lvl 13
    this place is awesome and yes I only just realized it exists :) I'll have to start the next time there's a new topic :D
  • Hanska
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hanska polycounter lvl 6
    Awesome contributions from everyone!

Couldnt resist this theme so here's mine!

9xogiET.jpg
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ lol and awesome ^
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    These are sooooo good. I love creaturebox and you guys are nailing it!

I have one I'd like to do but not sure if I have the time ...

- BoBo
  • Goldo_O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goldo_O greentooth
    @Hanksa: Man, this is such a good one! ahaha, I like that you opened the eyes, he seems to be much more friendly like that!
    @Crystel: Wooot! Really nice sculpt, will you polypaint it?
    @Duncan: That my good Sir is what I call a moustache! :)

I managed to finish two little animations this weekend and I also made a quick turntable for this little Box Robot. It was a lot of fun to be part of this art jam! See you in the next one!

12ofcIH.jpg

Zt1VGvj.jpg

ASHFElY.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_zmY_BuysI"]ROBOT ROCK[/ame]
  • Hanska
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hanska polycounter lvl 6
    Goldo_O: Loving it! +10 for presentation! That looks stunning, you nailed the shit out of that one!
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goldo_O: You made me smile....:)
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Oh my glob Goldo_O, you nailed it haha.

Fantastic stuff everyone, everything in here is spot on, great job!!!

So new theme time....,
    BORDERLANDS!!!!

If you have any work from previous themes or are still working on your creaturebox theme then feel free to keep posting in here as always

Great stuff everyone, new theme in two weeks so relax and have some fun :)
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Adrien, You never disappoint! Love it!

- BoBo
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very wip 1st time with dynamesh, was fun:
    sneaky.jpg
    Got to learn how to hold out longer before posting, just can't help It. :(
    Some might know of this but this has a concept that is not mine, also first time doing a hard surface armor, minus the DOTA set.. I guess.

This is just an idea for the current theme but I don't know if I will have time (I want to see this one through) but something is something, at least for now to kick this one into gear.
    Edit:
    Also have no clue how people are doing the borderlands style.:poly122:
  • rory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rory polycounter lvl 5
    Goldo_O: That is amazing. Like the animations too.

Little late finishing. Gave this guy a go.

http://creaturebox.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/creaturebox_slugterra_3.jpg

KvOsIzl.jpg
  • Armageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armageddon polycounter lvl 5
    Spat this out.
    BDBottle.png