Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• QuadWrangler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toying around with another ward concept - will draw out a few more ideas and then throw a dart and pick one to model...

ward_02_02.jpg
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Konras wrote: »
    If someone want to make a sword based on Valves concept he need to agree that the same concept could and will be used by other people. No Radiance for Doom was accepted yet, so the game is still on I guess :) Anyway that is really fantastic looking sword Tviddoto, especially I like the heat "glow" on the blade.

hey!! thanks Konras!

and man, i need to say, those particles are the default from doom, wasnt hard at all to set them and by far is the best i saw on a weapon till now, much better then antimage or phantom assassin.

its just sad that the fire are made by sprites and look a little fake with the sword moving, but everything else is great.

Doom is a great character and i never noticed, i want to play him more now =]
    [SFM] Mac Burrowington - Dota 2 Courier - YouTube

SFM Round 2, starting to get a feel for it! Mac Burrowington is almost ready for the workshop!

hahaha someone is doing some sick sfm works =] great one!

its sad that my notebook crashed sfm with dota maps, im almost buying a new one just to play a little more on sfm, im tired of that tf map that i use =]
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guys, im going to organize better the tutorials thread, so if you guys have any suggestion of things to put there just let me know, can post on the thread there
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    If there's need to Blender content I think I can help, just give me a holler if so.
  • Meeh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everybody ..

This is my first submission to the workshop ever !

Please review it and support me .. :D
    Thanks in advance and just tell me what do u think so that i can get better at this !

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219459219
  • espaki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    espaki polycounter lvl 3
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    guys, im going to organize better the tutorials thread, so if you guys have any suggestion of things to put there just let me know, can post on the thread there

I don't have any links, but info on how people are doing custom particles and custom abilities (like the DK ulti) would be amazing.
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    espaki wrote: »
    I don't have any links, but info on how people are doing custom particles and custom abilities (like the DK ulti) would be amazing.

Yes, it would be amazing. I can get as far as making the particle effect but I got completely stumped when it came to testing it in-game :(
  • Drew++
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 14
    Cross post from here in case you guys missed it! http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1993980&postcount=195

Just letting you guys know there is an update coming VERY soon :D This release should be super close to the in game shader!
    (Orge Magi of course!)

6vQOL

Specular Warp!
    6w59F.png

Here's a list of current changes. List will be modified :)
    Changes in Version 2.3 ( as of 1/23/2014 )
    -Changes: Specular and diffuse calculation combined
    -Changes: Removed "Custom Fresnel Ranges" for specular and rim terms
    -Changes: Reworked "Fresnel Color Warp"
    -Changes: Alpha test culling
    -Bug: Fixed sRGB read on diffuse/albedo texture and output final lighting in linear color space.
    -Added: "Fresnel Warp" texture sampler. This is also known in the .vmt as $fresnelwarp ** NOT to be confused with $freselcolorwarp **
    -Added: Specular warp
    -Added: Detail blend mode ( more options come soon )
    -Added: Option to set the alpha map location as normal map alpha or diffuse map alpha
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Great news! Thanks for the headsup.
  • Oroboros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fantastic! Thank you..This looks absolutely awesome.
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Drew i quite love you at the moment! :)
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    toying around with another ward concept - will draw out a few more ideas and then throw a dart and pick one to model...

ward_02_02.jpg

Amazing concept drawing, love your drawing style :)

If you ever are in need of a modeler, let em know! :)
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    espaki wrote: »

im not good doing tutorials but if there is more people interested i could open a stream just to show those custom things. it may be long and boring =]
    Drew++ wrote: »
    Cross post from here in case you guys missed it! http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1993980&postcount=195

Just letting you guys know there is an update coming VERY soon :D This release should be super close to the in game shader!
    (Orge Magi of course!)

6vQOL

Specular Warp!
    6w59F.png

Here's a list of current changes. List will be modified :)
    Changes in Version 2.3 ( as of 1/23/2014 )
    -Bug: Fixed sRGB read on diffuse/albedo texture and output final lighting in linear color space.
    -Added: "Fresnel Warp" texture sampler. This is also known in the .vmt as $fresnelwarp ** NOT to be confused with $freselcolorwarp **
    -Added: Detail blend mode ( more options come soon )
    -Added: Option to set the alpha map location as normal map alpha or diffuse map alpha

woah! great news!

and btw, everytime i see orgy mage i keep wondering why he have a champignon on the arm band
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    cause they like mushrooms?! i mean srsly these two heads talk like they eaten alot of those. ^^
  • espaki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    espaki polycounter lvl 3
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    im not good doing tutorials but if there is more people interested i could open a stream just to show those custom things. it may be long and boring =]

That would be great! If that can be recorded, it would help educate the community and someone else could do a write-up on process.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    I modeled my model with symmetry on the x and y axis that can be tiled seamlessly to each other. How should I unwrap it? Should I just keep it how it is unwrapped right now or just mirror it from only 1 axis rather than 2.

The black lines indicate where the object mirrors. The front/back part of the mesh was asymmetric but if you look at the rim, it has symmetry.
    ISd64ax.png
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    I probably wouldn't mirror the ends, it'll be really obvious when you look at them.

The side is OK because you can never see all sides at once.
  • yowkenjie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yowkenjie polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys, just finished a Death Prophet set, you can find it on the steam workshop here : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220060312

market_picture2.jpg

Did the ghost + its animation already, but having some serious issues with getting it imported in the game. It keeps failing. =/

ghost.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    yowkenjie wrote: »
    Hey guys, just finished a Death Prophet set

I don't really think this fits the hero's style or her lore really well. Sure ravens are associated with death, but that's really it. and why take away the sexy?
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    kite212 wrote: »
    I don't really think this fits the hero's style or her lore really well. Sure ravens are associated with death, but that's really it. and why take away the sexy?

If only this was mentioned in his WIP thread before he submitted to the work..

I think its a really unique set, and its well executed. Good work. I hope you can get the ghost working soon. Id help troubleshoot but away from comps all weekend :/
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 wrote: »
    If only this was mentioned in his WIP thread before he submitted to the work..

Well if I would have seen the thread I would have said something then, but I don't get to see all the threads :\ Since it was posted here I provided my feedback here
  • kendmd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd polycounter lvl 5
    I think the set is pretty cool and it fits her.

My only suggestion is to have more of the top-down gradient thing. Right now the forms of each item slot isn't very recognizable from the in-game camera.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd wrote: »
    I think the set is pretty cool and it fits her.

My only suggestion is to have more of the top-down gradient thing. Right now the forms of each item slot isn't very recognizable from the in-game camera.

This for sure is lacking the value gradient/adjustment. I can't be the only person that thinks this does not fit her, and not only that I don't really see these pieces going with other items in the game
    http://dota-trade.com/death-prophet-items

I could be completely off here, and that would not be the first time :poly142:

It's well made, especially for a first submission, I just feel it should fit the hero, her lore, and existing items better
  • Sharc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharc polycounter lvl 7
    Well now that Pugna sets are getting ingame, would anyone be interested in collabing on this Pugna set? I might even add in a Nether Ward to go with it.

cult_of_oblivion_set_by_terrormokes-d70wex1.png
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharc wrote: »
    Well now that Pugna sets are getting ingame, would anyone be interested in collabing on this Pugna set? I might even add in a Nether Ward to go with it.

I really enjoy this concept. If I did not have so much in my pipeline right now I would have liked to take a go at this :\
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    That's a known bug, it happens with all of her halberd style weapons (not sure about the voth domosh). Something on Valve's end that's causing the animations to be incorrectly positioned.

@Drew that's looking great! Can't wait for the new release.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cottonwings
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

The open hood concept's incredible! The silhouette is nice and I like the full fabric approach in the design, just the pattern needs to be thicker else it doesn't show up in-game. I'd enjoy it better if the golden parts are more visible. Personally I feel the scope colour gives me a sci-fi feel to it, if you can carry over some golden shades to it that'd be great!
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn, guys, i can't sumbit my item =\ when i submit it, it have 0 MB it workshop, wtf? after patch broken system?
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Prosomogy wrote: »
    damn, guys, i can't sumbit my item =\ when i submit it, it have 0 MB it workshop, wtf? after patch broken system?

I think you hit your monthly submission quota.
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    Hy guys , I just finished a courier for the guys at Nexon:)

any likes/comments are apreciated

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220555979

6F4D33BFFB6EBD9356844F40B540C9AA8C7DBABC
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Hey all - so, whilst sketching out some ideas for new items, I was looking at the comments on my set in the Workshop and the one item I got the most mixed responses on, was the sword, with some loving it and others hating it.

In response to this, I've just added a NEW, alternate weapon to the set. Both weapons will be available in the set, giving the player more choice in how they deal out death! More choice... more weapons!

You can check it out here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220572663&tscn=1390655359

WorkshopIcon_Cutlass.jpg
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP hey dude your weapon have size 0mb :C its workshop bug we need wait when it will be fix
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP hey dude your weapon have size 0mb :C its workshop bug we need wait when it will be fix

:( Can I re-upload to the same submission once it's fixed? Or should I delete this one and wait for the fix?
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP wrote: »
    :( Can I re-upload to the same submission once it's fixed? Or should I delete this one and wait for the fix?
    you can, just need wait for fix
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you can, just need wait for fix
    Ah cool. Thanks for pointing it out- I would never have noticed otherwise.
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    1619586_10202525937045071_1827510954_n.jpg

Done color map , I still dono how to make a metal point light . Gona rely 100% on metal map
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh wrote: »
    Done color map , I still dono how to make a metal point light . Gona rely 100% on metal map

What do you mean metal point light? a point light map is a point light map, its lighting information, not material information, the only thing metal specific about it would be the color. And why do people still do this with their view ports, alt+w is your friend
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP wrote: »
    Ah cool. Thanks for pointing it out- I would never have noticed otherwise.

I looks like recent submissions are showing a valid file size, try updating your item now
  • MrTwoVideoCards

I'd be interested in making some particles for this if someone picks up modeling it. Specifically particles for his wand.
  • Drew++
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 14
    I've got a fresh new version for you guys! 2.3!
    This one is very very close to what you will see in engine, if not exact(hopefully no silly bugs) :P

What's new in version 2.3
    -Bug: Fixed sRGB read on diffuse/albedo texture and output final lighting in linear color space
    -Bug: Fixed some issues with diffuse warp, and other warps. UVW Adresses were not set to "CLAMP" causing artifacts to show ( 3DS Max )
    -Added: "Fresnel Warp" texture sampler. This is also known in the .vmt as $fresnelwarp ** NOT to be confused with $freselcolowarp **
    -Added: Detail tiling/scale
    -Added: Option to toggle on Mask 1 and Mask 2, with ideal default values
    -Known Issues: Weird issue with diffuse warp( Maya ), strange lines on the model when using IBL cubemap( Maya )

Orge Magi displayed with Version 2.3
    OrgeMagi_23.png

Nyx displayed with version 2.3 ( Now with specular warp! )
    NyxSpecularWarp.png

Custom content shown with Version 2.3(Courtesy of Fewes and Buntcake)
    FewesInvokerSet.jpg

Grab it here!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8510078/Dota2/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.3/Dota2Hero_Shader_2.3.zip

* Things to note *
    -For proper Specular, Fresnel and Rim terms you MUST load the included "fresnelranges.tga" texture.

fresnelranges.png
    -You can specify a custom "Fresnel Warp" texture that your hero uses.
    -3DS Max users can auto load this texture by placing it into your "maps" folder of your install. Example: "YourDrive\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\maps"

Hope you guys enjoy! And report back here with bugs, issues and requests.

Main thread http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110022
    Original post http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1995162&postcount=197
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ wrote: »
    I've got a fresh new version for you guys!

I love you :poly136:
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Epic!! Thanks Drew++! Will be trying this very soon. <3
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Badass! Inspiring work on a tech level! Thanks a billion drew!
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Wow! Amazing work! Loving to see more and more improvements to this shader! As if they weren't already awesome enough haha

Thanks a bunch!
  • MrTwoVideoCards
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    kite212 wrote: »
    What do you mean metal point light? a point light map is a point light map, its lighting information, not material information, the only thing metal specific about it would be the color. And why do people still do this with their view ports, alt+w is your friend

1)will relying only map will bring down the quality ??

2)HAHAHAHAHA , thxx for ur suggestion , I am still a newbie :)
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh wrote: »
    1)will relying only map will bring down the quality ??

2)HAHAHAHAHA , thxx for ur suggestion , I am still a newbie :)

I think you are still looking at this the wrong way. The idea of a point light map is to bake out lighting information, highlights and shadow, and you use this to enhance the quality of your color map. There are other ways to get this information as well. For instance I bake out Prt maps, bent normals, ambient occlusion, and a cavity map. You can then use wizard magic in your photo manipulation software to use this for lighting information. This guide details a process similar to what I do, and this is a great place to start:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123397498#19243

This guide details baking out a point light map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183672148#
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    So I am planning to make a set for Wraith King. When looking at his poly limits, LoD1 is 250 and LoD0 is 400. But when I downloaded the model and looked at it, LoD0 is 1255 tris and LoD1 is 924. With a 250 limit it makes it kinda hard to make something work as nicely as the default...

Is this correct and they just stretch the limits on the default models?