Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    Quick polypaint on the spiderling
    6aZwA.png
  • hopgood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    For me personally I just sculpt the basic curve with Clay Tubes and then use the Trim Dynamic and HPolish brush to give it the smooth edges.

If you are using those brushes as you said but finding it muddy it is likely that you may be starting at a too high subdivision level. Make sure to work in layers, start with the basic shape at a lower Sub-D level and then work your way up, polishing and trimming as you go.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Zaphk wrote: »
    quockhanhlk, bounchfx, kite212, sadies: Thank you very much! <3

BohSheh: 1- I use that metal matcap on the diffuse to make a better effect, but the metal map + specular and tint spec are the most important in this case.
    2- Usually it's try and error, but after making so many masks I already know more or less how it will look in the end. And sometimes I use the hero's masks as a guide.

Konras: Thank you! I made some tests with the skirt darker, but it don't work well. Black make the skirt transparent in game, so darker colors are almost transparent in game too. Maybe I should make the upper part lighter :)
    Btw, can't wait to see your amazing Lina set on the store!

fonfa- Thanks! The courier is looking fantastic!

Anuxinamoon- Nice to see you making sets again!

Furion treant WIP!
    PyR2LKg.png

Whose animating these! Cause I'd love to collab with you guys!

Also, found this on facepunch, had to share it here. Next level Enigma cosmetics!
    HQfuvia.gif
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn, that was realy hard, lod 0 550, lod 1 300 !!! WTF :C but i did it ;)
    4x-BP96WP4A.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Also, found this on facepunch, had to share it here. Next level Enigma cosmetics!

Dude actually has a thread here, came across it last night while trolling
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124377
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys , just plugging a collab with NFWar for Axe :)

workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213193140
    E3E887C3878A86E50A624AF3AE5609CDB4238A25
  • rebelholic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rebelholic wrote: »
    Hello,

I already made a ward for windrunner especially for #spring2014 theme with blender. Its already finished and ready to export for Zbrush but I can't sculpt it on zbrush due to lack knowledge about zbrush.
    Could anyone help me to finish this project and we can share revenue about this item and also its my first project to make an item beside make a HUD?
    Its my Windrunner ward screenshot below:
    xRQDLHE.jpg

If you interested to join with my project you can PM me or add me via steam to more discuss.

Bump
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    You know you can sculpt in Blender, right?

Fine, it hasn't the same amount of tools as ZBrush, but it does the job.

Also, it has the advantage of making it possible to change base geometry on the fly.

If you're interested, take a look on those tuts:

http://cgcookie.com/blender/cgc-courses/creating-a-realistic-head-in-blender/

http://cgcookie.com/blender/2013/06/21/tips-creating-sharp-edges-modeling/

All my stuff is done exclusively in Blender modeling-wise.

So, I'm talking too much and showing too little.

Here's a sample of my current WIP Luna set:

11780070695_0fc2f6de9b_b.jpg
    11780491574_221ea64700_c.jpg
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, its done, now need work with other staff:/
    doc47308563_258238143?hash=8b0da02ec420c75d5b&dl=0a51ec7cd2ab273e2d&wnd=1
  • TommyTehZombie
    @Prosomogy That thing looks sick. Nicely done.

ggv2Xp8.png

Anyone know what might be causing this hook to fly upright like this? lol
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    @Prosomogy

That's looking great! I'd only suggest you to maybe add some more green glows on the horse's head, currently it looks a bit boring.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Finished up my pudao for the Spring 14 event. Though I'm a bit confused on how to add the Spring 14 tag? I added it to a collection with the tag in it but I've seen single items with the tag on it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213170351
    legion_thumb.jpg
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    check to see you don't have influence on any other bones?
  • espaki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    espaki polycounter lvl 3
    Hi all, I figured I'd xpost from my thread. This is my spring 2014 Ward (Still no Spring2014 tag though :( ).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211307245
    wards.gif
  • Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    My 2nd item :

C1EC3E7905B6482AA40FAC25FBE2692B82D1CE95

Aduro the Lunar Blessing

Aduro is a weapon of legends - which has only be seen as a simple drawing in the dusty scrolls found in the hidden archives of the Temple of Selemene. It was once a weapon wielded by Selemene herself to defeat the demons that rose from the Stygian Rift to conquer not only the world they stepped on but also the moon itself that is filled with magical powers beyond comprehension. Selemene used Aduro to seal off the rift and thus sacrificing the weapon to do so.

However on that dark day were Tresdin (the Legion Commander) killed the Demon Lord, Aduro the Lunar Blessing was released once again from the rift and it was found again by the followers of Selemene. This legendary item has now been gifted to Luna (her most devoted servant) and with it, she will not only fight against the enemies of Selemene but also the demons that rose once more from the rift.

With her purpose expanded she now rides to close the rift once and for all. And the Lunar Blessing will aid her well in this task. It is said that Aduro is the manifestation of the lunar light and will burn demons on the very touch with holy light of Selemene.

Every thumb up will aid grant Luna permission to use this Legendary weapon in the Battle of Ancients as well, for Selemene has only allowed her to use this against demons only. It is up to you to convince the Goddess of the Moon to allow her to do otherwise.
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Wow some really nice thing being posted last few days!

@Zaph: still amazed. Love the design of the treant.

I've finially posted my Dragon Knight Shield, if you like it please vote!

HOVdrFO.jpg

Does anyone know if there are issues with the workshop, can't even find my item at the just added items :S

Or are all items looked at by Valve before they are added to the site? Never had this issue before.
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    Thanks hopgood and Zaphk ! Will practice.
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    As mentioned earlier, there is a problem in the workshop for the past few days. Hopefully it will get fixed soon as Valve gets back to work this Monday.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Zaphk wrote: »
    quockhanhlk, bounchfx, kite212, sadies: Thank you very much! <3

BohSheh: 1- I use that metal matcap on the diffuse to make a better effect, but the metal map + specular and tint spec are the most important in this case.
    2- Usually it's try and error, but after making so many masks I already know more or less how it will look in the end. And sometimes I use the hero's masks as a guide.

Konras: Thank you! I made some tests with the skirt darker, but it don't work well. Black make the skirt transparent in game, so darker colors are almost transparent in game too. Maybe I should make the upper part lighter :)
    Btw, can't wait to see your amazing Lina set on the store!

fonfa- Thanks! The courier is looking fantastic!

Anuxinamoon- Nice to see you making sets again!

Furion treant WIP!
    PyR2LKg.png

Goddamm I love that treeant! <3
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    pokemon-treant :/
  • Zalakzik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some progress of making Alch set for Spring2014
    d0Jhs4u.jpg
    xbsecez.jpg
  • Shooo~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shooo~ polycounter lvl 7
    WIP rubick's spring'14 staff
    eySYHVW.png
  • Gaiascope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gaiascope polycounter lvl 4
    @Zaphk Loving that treant so far :o It looks quite dapper, with the bark almost being a tuxedo. I'm a big fan of that design :)

@Zalakzik Looking very impressive so far. I love seeing people make successful Chinese designs for characters I really didn't expect the theme to work for so well.

(cross post:)
    Another update to my spring event Ward! Animation this time. Rigging this was a pain in the butt.
    VgTtBFw.gif

7LVQnPQ.png

I think it's rather close to finishing, but I would appreciate any last feedback before I move into the polishing phase and wrap this item up for release.

More pictures on my workshop thread, I didn't want to spam the general thread with a ton of images.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Great to see all these Chinese themed items, I really hope Valve does some more competitions like this!

I think I am finished with this sculpt now, retopo time!

UR0Yoxa.jpg
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    @Gaiascope: Loved the ward!. Pretty simple and charming at the same time.

Started the Spiderling texture with some color variation. Still very very WIP.
    6bFng.png
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    @Onilolz killer design!! I just want to run an hide myself in closet :D anyway needed to edit this post just to say how freaking awesome are those spiderlings!!

@Zalakzik Brilliant idea!! I can see him preparing chinese tea on top of that Ogre :D
    @Shooo~ is this chinese orb of venom?:) Head is top notch!! Not sure about tail part, however I am certain it will make more sense after seeing it in Rubick hands
    @Gaiascope Ward look awesome, however you should think about improving this animation, now there is to much of a jojo feeling in it, maybe it could fly in more circular way than just left-right-left. However I saw that Andrew look into your thread so you will be just fine!
    @MdK Sculpt looks fantastic!! I like that you made shoulders assymetrical. Only part that in my opinion could get more love are his sleeves.

Anyway I am up to chinese KOTL head :D
    TG5mgxS.jpg
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @espaki: Love those wards.
    @Andyk125: Great shield. Weren't you working on that for a while now? Great finish.
    @Shooo~: Great sculpt and idea for Rubick. You just love him don't you!
    @MDK: One of the most prominent work for the event without a doubt! As Konras said, Sleeves need more love. Maybe you planning to do it on texture?
    @Konras: If there is anyway to paint KotL chinese, it is the way you have just portrait it!

Ok, we have finished painting and masking our Ember Spirit blades. Though, I do feel that the paint could use some redirection but I am a bit lost on where to take it. Would really love to hear what you guys think to make this item work better.

EMtTDd3.jpg
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Vayne: Really like how the model came out but as you said the textures need work. I would try to make the golden parts match the color of the gold on his pauldrons. And definitely crank up the spec on those parts too, I feel like the swirly parts don't read very well because of it.

And it seems like the Workshop bug is still there. I can't see my item from yesterday or any other ones for that matter. Guess I'll have to wait it out. I'd hate for this to effect the exposure of a lot of items from yesterday.
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    china-newyear-courier4.jpg

i am still positive that i can make it happen before spring14 deadline, this time no wings included yet
  • Zaphk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaphk polycounter lvl 7
    Thank you very much, guys!
    Nah, now anything with a weird design is pokemon =p

More WIP
    e0y4jtR.png
  • Artypi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Artypi polycounter lvl 5
    Zaphk the colours on that treant are beautiful! I love it
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    My god, that treant is gorgeous. I would even hesitate on killing them so fast in-game. Working on some carved Jade, maybe bronze arms for Earth spirit. Got the basic shapes going to detail them now.

T3lYpMK.jpg
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @TrevorJ Looks promising, however I think that forearm should be placed other way around, because now it looks like his elbow would bend in opposite way.
  • espaki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    espaki polycounter lvl 3
    Quick note: My spring 2014 tag showed up in the workshop.

I'm guessing someone at valve is doing a pass. I had it included in a collection that was tagged appropriately and now the item is tagged appropriately as well.

Edit: it still doesn't show up if you filter for "spring2014" so I'm guessing there's another part they still need to do there.

-Nate
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, the Ember Spirit blades for the Spring2014 are considered done. Time to move to bigger stuff!

Pheonix Dao by Vayne and Ike

04EF97EE1229BA3B976F5C024E6121437F056426

lk9Vfoe.jpg
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Hey guys, so the elephant I've been working on is finished, and ready to submit, but I heard from some people that the dota2 workshop page isn't showing any new submissions, and that valve is working on it at the moment.

I don't really wanna submit if its not going to get noticed, so is there any thread or place where there's an update on the situation? I know it's not really waywo, but I figured the question would get the most traffic here. Thanks guys!
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    kewl swords Vayne, I like the concave shape on the blade. Close up the handle looks like it could use some more love, but in-game view looks fine. nw
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I would also like to know whats happening. Btw about the submission don't worry you can always delete your item if something will go wrong, and submit it once more time later.
  • Eitri
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qmqWobm.jpg

Update on my Juggahorse helmet, Christmas is over time to finish this!
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    I didn't expect the asian look to fit to DOTA, but some assets are just perfect. Good job!

New Mount for Abaddon, would be great if you could like it!

F7EFF78E9A5A983CA949B070A45C770911E7B56E
  • PKSpark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras wrote: »

Anyway I am up to chinese KOTL head :D
    TG5mgxS.jpg

It has been found faster than i believed...! Well i'll only work on the horse.
    It will require flexes on the top expressions
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    I didn't expect the asian look to fit to DOTA, but some assets are just perfect. Good job!

You kinda overdid the leg glow, i suggest switching whites to blues and reducing overall glow strenght.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    @Katzeimsack
    Agreed with Vlad, plus the glow that's generated from the self illumination kinda washes out the details when it's quite strong which is a shame ^^
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    You kinda overdid the leg glow, i suggest switching whites to blues and reducing overall glow strenght.
    Agree. I used the abaddon tiling fire detailmap for the legs. It's really bright..

Let's see when Valve fixes the workshop, then I can update the asset or upload it again.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PKSpark wrote: »
    It has been found faster than i believed...! Well i'll only work on the horse.
    It will require flexes on the top expressions

Ahh at first I was sure that someone will go for KOTL as its year of the horse so I wen Lina instead :D And now then I thought that I was wrong first time I see that I have intersected your plans ^^'
  • PKSpark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras wrote: »
    Ahh at first I was sure that someone will go for KOTL as its year of the horse so I wen Lina instead :D And now then I thought that I was wrong first time I see that I have intersected your plans ^^'

My plan's been defused :) , are you going to do the horse and horse armor too? (that's what i'm working on now)
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PKSpark wrote: »
    My plan's been defused :) , are you going to do the horse and horse armor too? (that's what i'm working on now)
    Nah, just this head slot as an single item :) In my opinion horse with armor will be pretty standalone item as well!

edit:
    Anyway fished sculpt so I guess its ok to edit the post and add an image :)
    6aAWOhT.jpg
    Now its time to sleep to get some mana!!
  • kendmd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd polycounter lvl 5

F7EFF78E9A5A983CA949B070A45C770911E7B56E

Aw yeah! :D thanks for the amazing work!
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Konras: Nice Kotl head so far!

katzeimsack: Like how this turned out!

Vayne4800: New color looks much better I do feel that thier in game quiality is higher than what the preview thumbnail indicates.

god am I behind where I wanted to be at this point :/ Current peek at our Gyro weapon. hope to finish the high poly tomorrow

WingWip.jpg
  • yogeurts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My first real set. I hope it's up to your guys' standards. worked really hard on it. rtddnGZ.jpg