thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    Harbinger wrote: »
    Bloodborne... oh snap!

this guy gets it!
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    wow the order looks gorgeous! super filmic and that creature looked fucking fatastic! destiny trailer looked visually kinda all over the place, not like what they showed before in terms of quality. still looks pretty fun though!
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Grim Fandango REMASTERED!!! <3
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Grim Fandango is a great game, but it's appeal is very limited as far as a broad audience is concerned. I wonder what Sony had to pony up to convince Disney to let them bring this one back. I don't think they had to do anything to convince Tim Schafer. But Disney generally doesn't just give the okay on something like this unless they're seeing dollar signs. I suspect that this one is a critical darling play on Sony's part, to engender a little good will with older gamers.
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dunno, shouldn't Schafer be working on new stuff instead of updating old classics?

This E3 is owned by Ubisoft so far.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Harbinger wrote: »
    Bloodborne... oh snap!

I'm SO stoked. I was expecting gameplay though based on the clips that leaked. Hopefully we see some videos from the show floor or something.

Also:
    Star Wars Battlefront looking amazing, also very excited for Far Cry 4
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    ... I suspect that this one is a critical darling play on Sony's part, to engender a little good will with older gamers.

Now I feel so old man, thanks :P

Seriously though, you're totally right Richard Kain, but the broader audience has got a lot of shiny cool stuff already so I'm just happy they are doing something that's dear to my heart :D
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Far Cry gameplay vid looks awesome. Love the enviroments and glad its more vertical (in mountains). Reminds me of far cry 1 and hopefully that means the hang gliders will actually be useful again. They didnt really go very far in the desert,etc ;P
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    WOW Arkham Knight looks amazing!
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    Was that Uncharted 4 trailer in engine? On a PS4? Either way, it looked stunning. All the conferences were very solid and I'm very satisfied, great work everyone!
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    wow, very well put together conference, aside from the powers stuff which just dragged on and on. batman looks insanely cool and uncharted im super stoked for.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'm excited for No Man's Sky, large procedural universe for you and your friends to play in. Everyone gets the same universe, but it's pretty much endless.
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Scizz wrote: »
    Was that Uncharted 4 trailer in engine? On a PS4? Either way, it looked stunning. All the conferences were very solid and I'm very satisfied, great work everyone!

It would be false advertising if it wasn't.
    i70vSgtilA917.png
    But I already complained about Publishers being sneaky so I don't know anymore. Although I see no reason PS4 can't handle that when The Order 1886 looks just as good.

Maybe less polygons, material shaders and lower res textures than next gen Nathan Drake here.
    ibpKADjOghn6Zg.png
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    No Last Guardian </3
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Hazardous wrote: »
    No Last Guardian </3

I know. I am sad :(
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    @ JordanN - Naughty Dog comes out with the most graphically intensive games out there. I have no doubt they can get the game looking that good.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    JordanN wrote: »
    The Order 1886 looks just as good.

At 30 FPS, 1920
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    ZacD wrote: »
    At 30 FPS, 1920
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Yes the Uncharted 4 trailer was captured on a PS4 just like the disclaimer says at the start :)
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    wow the order looks gorgeous! super filmic and that creature looked fucking fatastic! destiny trailer looked visually kinda all over the place, not like what they showed before in terms of quality. still looks pretty fun though!

Really? - it's the second 'gameplay' video that basically featured no game at all, and what tiny shreds of gameplay there was were hidden between cutscenes significantly longer than play. Today's saw a player initially walking through a few rooms before a lengthy cutscene, followed by pressing triangle and doing a lengthy cutscene, followed by pulling the trigger and another cutscene. I genuinely love the art and the setting, but I'm worried about this game, because it's seriously lacking any evidence of actually being a game.
    vargatom wrote: »
    This E3 is owned by Ubisoft so far.

I don't feel that way. In their own conference it took 35 minutes for them to show a gameplay demo (other than the fitness game, which wasn't astounding), and when they finally did show some gameplay, Assassin's Creed wasn't exactly spectacular. The new Rainbow Six has promise, but I'm bemused by how much noone could apparently hit a target in that demo, and am wondering how long the game would actually last with real players (it looked like about 45 seconds). I'm genuinely intrigued to see what Valiant Hearts turns into, but they didn't show any game, only a non-gameplay trailer, so I'm not too excited about that just yet. Far Cry 4 gameplay during the Sony talk was reasonable, but didn't get me overly excited. I'll probably pick it up if it doesn't have an online requirement on PC and it's as open as it should be.

Best for me so far have been Sony's bit, who had a pretty diverse offering and a few games I'd certainly consider picking up (though I suspect most of them have a PC version, so I'm not sure I'll be getting a Ps4 just yet). No Man's Sky still looks ridiculously awesome, and I do genuinely want to play the Grim Fandango remake. I have mixed feelings about Entwined, which looks pretty mediocre content and gameplay wise, but the art and audio could make it a good enough experience to justify the $10. Definitely looking forwards to Abzu and Magicka 2. The 'AAA' offerings all seemed a bit samey to me, lots of gothic horror, lots of zombies and not much in the way of games that feel new.

Microsoft did a lot better this year, but there was nothing for me. I'm not interested in three more Halo remakes, Tomb Raider looks like more Tomb Raider (which I couldn't get more than 20 minutes into :/), Forza Horizon 2 is exactly what it says on the tin and after the microtransaction debacle that was the previous game, I doubt I'll even look at it. People who do buy into those franchises are probably foaming at the mouth though!

It was nice to finally see Fable: Legends on the floor and see how it had evolved since I left Lionhead two years ago - it looks like it has some promise, but I'm not overly sold on it just yet as it could potentially still be pretty vacuous. I have absolutely NFI what Phantom Dust was about (pre rendered nonsense that didn't even say anything about the game, so why bother?) and Scalebound was another pre rendered trailer that didn't say anything about the game, other than it has dragons fighting big monsters and looks like it's aimed at four player coop.

Ori and the Blind Forest looked neat, so I'm definitely keen to see more of that. Playdead's new game was interesting, but also not interesting as it feels far too similar to Limbo. I'm hoping there's more to it than what they've shown thus far.

EA's conference was largely a waste of time with obvious sports, sports, sports, sequels, sequels, sequels, but I'm looking forwards to Mirror's Edge 2. Dawnguard, the only new game on display, looks like an almost carbon copy of League of Legends, and a poorly conceived late entry to the already crowded MOBA bandwagon.

Biggest disappointments include Sunset Overdrive, whose art and direction look freaking awesome, but the gameplay demo was so incredibly weak it makes me sad; it looked genuinely disjointed, incoherent and broken and not much fun to play at all (and that's an E3 demo), and most of all the Order, which as mentioned before seems to be completely and utterly lacking game :(

I'll be interested to see what Nintendo have tomorrow. I believe they're showing off some new user-generated content orientated games, so that'll be interesting.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'm saying it looks good, but they are doing a lot that hides errors and limitations.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    ahhhh was driving all day long! only saw a bit of the Halo stuff before starting the 9hr drive home!
    But we also saw Phantom Dust and Crackdown show up

Phantom Dust is coming back?!? oooooh snap
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    ZacD wrote: »
    I'm saying it looks good, but they are doing a lot that hides errors and limitations.

I am confused what errors and limitations? They are running at 30 FPS which is a normal framerate for games. They have incredible looking models and environments. Great fxs. What exactly are they hiding with the haze and filters? I see it as a game much in the same vein as Uncharted or The Last of Us. Which is to say its a cinematic game with a lot of really cool moments/set pieces. They run on the specs and nobody harps on them.
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    By the way, I did admit The Order 1886 was likely doing less than Uncharted 4. What I meant by "looks as good" was the graphics of Uncharted 4 wouldn't be too out of place from games that do push the PS4's hardware proving the footage is real.

Anyways, Naughty Dog just posted a 1080p/60fps video of what we just saw. Crazy.

Naughty Dog also confirmed Nathan Drake in Uncharted 4 has 2x the polycount of Joel from The Last of Us.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose wrote: »
    Phantom Dust is coming back?!? oooooh snap

It's a remake as far as I'm aware. The trailer was a complete waste of time though, no point watching it ;)
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    JordanN wrote: »
    Anyways, Naughty Dog just posted a 1080p/60fps video of what we just saw. Crazy.

So good http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_4_a_thiefs_end_2014_e3_trailer/
  • Shrike
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Microsoft conference was surprising and so rapid, no long nonsense talks about how awesome they are. SunsetOverdrive, that dead rising DLC haha, Project Spark and Crackdown hell yeah crackdown is back.

Ubisoft was strong, and Aisha or how she is called was refreshing imo

Sony was good too, No mans sky looks fantastic and that logo from infamous first light aw yiss

So much interesting stuff at once

Graphics made such a big jump, amazing and frustrating at the same time :/
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike wrote: »
    Aisha or how she is called was refreshing imo

Love/Hate relationship with that one. The innuendo and 420 jokes that fall flat are pointless and awkward as hell D:

I mean seriously, a weed joke in your opening segment at the biggest press conference of the year?
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    ambershee wrote: »
    I mean seriously, a weed joke in your opening segment at the biggest press conference of the year?

She's a stand-up comedian, it's not unusual for her to slip in a little bit of crude humor. This was likely one of the tamest shows that she usually puts on.

And seriously, have you SEEN some of the previous E3 presenters? While not all of Aisha's jokes hit, some of them actually did. And she was actually able to make jokes. By the standards of some of the E3 presenters I've seen in the paste, she is solid gold. She is also genuinely interested in the industry, and knows what she's talking about. That's also a major point in her favor. A lot of the exectuives they occasionally trot out know next to nothing about the wares they are expected to pitch.

Bottom line, she's one of the best E3 presenters the industry currently has. Is there room for improvement, definitely. But she's a "far cry" from some of the train wrecks of the paste. (ba-dum-tish)
  • Shrike
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    We are talking about her, so she did a great job either way : P

Well maybe not the crown, but certainly the best today and she got some laughs, what more do you want ?
    People seemed to either like or dislike her but not much in between tho
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well no, because it's her job to get us talking about the games, instead we're talking about her. Throwing out toilet humour on stage at a major press event probably isn't doing the industry's 'immature boys' image any favours.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Grim Fandango. That is all.
  • maverickhornet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maverickhornet polycounter lvl 9
    I personally found no problem with her and like the casualness of the conference. Sure some jokes don't hit as well as others... That's life! Though I disagree her involvement took away the limelight from the games. It was just nice having an awesome personality on the show as well :)

Awesome stuff though. Loving the look of Dragon Age, The Division, Rainbow 6 and pretty much everything! Nice next-gen capabilities are starting to show though more :-)
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Personally, i'd like to see more celebs and people who can properly present something. Make it more like the Oscars or something. Rather than watching Head honchos in the games industry stumbling over their words and making it all feel very stiff and corporate. Get Jack Black up there or Kevin Spacey. Trouble is I think the companies are far to scared to make mistakes so the format doesn't change. I'm glad Ubisoft put faith in someone else to present it for them.

Anyhoo, back to games. My pick of last nights stuff has to be Ori. Glad tto hear its coming to PC.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaNJmgBFPVM[/ame]
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Stinger88 wrote: »
    Anyhoo, back to games. My pick of last nights stuff has to be Ori. Glad tto hear its coming to PC.

thank you SO much!
  • J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0NNYquid polycounter lvl 5
    Been a great conference so far, my highlights:

Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead, Ori, Rainbow 6, AC: Unity, Uncharted 4, Horizon 2

Lots of other good games, but those stand out to me as must haves.
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Stinger88 wrote: »
    Personally, i'd like to see more celebs and people who can properly present something. Make it more like the Oscars or something. Rather than watching Head honchos in the games industry stumbling over their words and making it all feel very stiff and corporate. Get Jack Black up there or Kevin Spacey. Trouble is I think the companies are far to scared to make mistakes so the format doesn't change. I'm glad Ubisoft put faith in someone else to present it for them.

Unless it's another Spike VGX awards.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Yech. I'd prefer 100% awkward middle manager banter than any of that dross.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Super excited about Mirrors Edge 2, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 4, Uncharted 4, and Ori and the Blind Forest. Neox, seriously you and everyone who is working on this; it looks completely amazing.

Although my biggest hope got announced being as the Playstation TV is getting a release in the states. I've wanted to play Vita games but I could care less about the hand held aspect of it, so I'll definitely be getting this. Also, while I don't have a PS4 yet, it'll be handy for the remote play at my computer desk when we do pick one up.

Excited to see what Nintendo has to show today as well as I hope at some point some more information is passed on for Final Fantasy 14 additions. Supposedly Yoshi P is at E3 and they might be doing a live letter there.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    praetus wrote: »
    Although my biggest hope got announced being as the Playstation TV is getting a release in the states. I've wanted to play Vita games but I could care less about the hand held aspect of it, so I'll definitely be getting this.

Just remember that some games (the ones that require use of the touch screen) wont work right without a Vita as a controller. There were a few games that got patched in Japan to fix the issue but not sure if any of those patches did or will make it stateside.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus wrote: »
    Excited to see what Nintendo has to show today as well as I hope at some point some more information is passed on for Final Fantasy 14 additions. Supposedly Yoshi P is at E3 and they might be doing a live letter there.

I'm betting on some kind of user generated content, possibly LBP style (but obviously with Mario). Also they'll probably fuck it up, Wii Music style (but I do hope not).
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Were any of these titles targeted for this year? The only games that I saw releases dates announced for, were all for 2015 :(
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    notman wrote: »
    Were any of these titles targeted for this year? The only games that I saw releases dates announced for, were all for 2015 :(

Dragon Age Inquisition is October 7th. Past that it's 2015 or later for most the ones I'm hoping for.
    Just remember that some games (the ones that require use of the touch screen) wont work right without a Vita as a controller. There were a few games that got patched in Japan to fix the issue but not sure if any of those patches did or will make it stateside.

Yeah, I'll need to look into what all is going to be affected by that. Hopefully it won't be too bad. At the very least the remote play as well as Playstation Now support will make it worth having it set up at my desk.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    notman wrote: »

The Last of Us Remastered, if that counts.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Far Cry 4 is toward the end of this year
  • PolyHertz
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    25 free to play games on the PS4 this year - I look forward to all the gamer hate tears.
  • Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Aisha was great, she kept me watching this otherwise lackluster conference. Yeah The Division looks good, the new Creed looks good but man dance games and sports games are what makes me click the white X (windows 8) quickly. But Aisha was awesome and i prefer some potty mouth humor over awkward laughs and fishing for applause "yes thats a good thing" (we all remember from last year)...She is Lana Kane!!! and kudos to ubi to keep it this informell and actually fun, the MS and Sony were a bit too bigbusiness at times.
    Still though a couple of good announcements, eventhough i don't own a console and a lot of indie games and kinda artsy games that go off the beaten track.

But what has to stop are people promising us action as we have never seen before just to present us a render trailer. These barely ever resemble the games shown. Especially the Platinum Game trailer. The Star wars MMORPG all over again, kick ass trailer but then the game is nothing like that, why show anything at all?.

Big disappointment, that there was no Square with FF or KH and no Bethesda with Fallout or ES (yeah Online just came out...but thats not what fans want). Square pushed to TGS ssame with MS for a new Japanese IP...have especially Square seen, that there barely is a market for next gen in japan by now?
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    That new Zelda game looks amazing! Woot for open world Zelda!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Dynasty Warriors meets zelda... Cool!

Gotta admit, Im kind of impressed with Nintendo's presser so far. I really wasnt expecting anything from them.