EDIT: Hello, people from other regions of these vast internets! Please read this before you make too many speculative forum posts and such:
- My models are loose interpretations of the designs seen in the group shot from the comic. They are not meant to be exact copies. Other models people have posted may follow different design goals.
- These are not going to be skins without a standalone mod. The proportions of most of the characters are far too different from standard TF2 characters to make anything like that work.
- I can't speak for the models other people have posted in this thread, but my models are mainly for portfolio use.
- I would be willing to release the source files to the public under a Creative Commons license if someone is interested in making a mod.
- No, I probably won't add you as a friend on Steam.
If you guys have any questions, just feel free to ask.
The year: 1850
Blutarch Mann, son of the late Zepheniah Mann, hires a group of nine mercenaries to appropriate a piece of land from his brother, Redmond.
Representing the most skilled and dangerous individuals of their respective disciplines, these nine men came together to blow the shit out of the other nine mercenaries hired by their employer's brother, Redmond Mann.
This is not their story.
Anyway. I started work on this sucker after seeing the Loose Canon comic on the TF2 blog. The engineer from this group shot
was what started me off doing this. The model's obviously a pretty loose interpretation of the engineer in that image, but I just liked him a bit better this way.
I'm thinking I'd like to tackle the soldier next, though I don't know if I want to do all nine classes. That seems like a crap-ton of work. I admit it would be kind of fun, though. We'll see what happens.
Any crits or comments or whatever are cool.