Home Stickies

[P&P] - What are you working on? 2008 Edition

Replies

• systmh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys. anyone remember me? heh.

i'm making some characters for my computer animation class. about a day's work, still need to finish modeling and texturing. then off to do some rigging.

potatoheadconceptorthosak4.th.pngthpix.gif

potatoheadfullbodylm1.th.pngthpix.gif

potatoheadwiresrx8.th.pngthpix.gif

potatoheadrenderxp3.th.png

and here's a turntable of the head with normal map:
    http://www.vimeo.com/2088174

i need to post more often... mbmblgrmbl
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    @dummeh awesome progress, can't wait to see this finished!
    @AimBiZ he looks solid, though, yeh the nipple is a bit wide
    @Spinks I love this, the hat is a great addition
    @Vitor omg that looks creepy, really diggin the muscle forms
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Looking nice Spinks - looks like it could fit into the Rage universe quite nicely!
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    put a hot cock in that sweetness!

... *sigh*

sorry, poorly drawn tits get me excited -_- ... GCMP what r u doing!? are there arms?
  • dummeh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dummeh polycounter lvl 18
    that house is looking really nice, zerafian. i like the visual style
  • Mr GetDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr GetDown polycounter lvl 18
    Demon Princes, You know that first picture of the four is fan fan.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
  • Wendy de Boer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wendy de Boer interpolator
    Mr GetDown wrote: »
    Demon Princes, You know that first picture of the four is fan fan.

I know, I know. I didn't put together this comparison, it's just a funny picture I found on the web. However, in earlier iterations she was in fact distinctly less busty as you can see in this screenshot: http://soulcaliburuniverse.com/characters/ivy/sc1_ivy1.png

But yeah, it doesn't matter. For some people they're just never big enough. Go look up Chelsea Charms or something. :poly117:
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    that mouse painting looks like
    364px-RealDoll_example.jpg
    no emotion at all
  • Klash120
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Klash120 polycounter lvl 11
    More wippiness.

2980615277_c133496526_o.jpg
    High Quality screen shot of ship in Maya. Still need to transfer those scratches onto the Normals... Reflections + Spec almost done. Need to start on the Cosine / Specular power map now.

2981470020_fe3683415e_o.jpg
    And a test/fun render in mental ray.
  • super_villain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    super_villain polycounter lvl 11
    GCMP: You should make her breasts bigger, you can hardly see them as is. Aside from that, i would suggest googling pictures of people from low perspectives so you could get a better foreshortening effect. As is, her right arm could probably touch her calf muscle.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    GCMP- wtf? Seriously can't you realize how poorly drawn that is? Go get a book on figure drawing and learn on your own, this is beyond the level where we can really offer any useful crits except 'start tryping'

Klash120- That's turning out awesome, didn't really see where you were going with it before.
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    renderhjs wrote: »
    no emotion at all

lol is that a mannequin?
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Klash - nice work man, I would say maybe more contrast in the spec to bring out some other details when the light rolls over it, could help make it pop as metal more. the mentalray render looks really flat and clay style. I would definitely recommend putting this in a realtime engine to show it off.
  • dummeh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dummeh polycounter lvl 18
    That ship came out looking real nice, Klash.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no emotion at all

i'd hit it
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    bitmap wrote: »
    i'd hit it

All my previous girlfriends had that same vacant stare tooo........ :poly142:
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    I'd hit it with a sledgehammer.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gavimage wrote: »
    I'd hit it with a sledgehammer.

hater
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
  • Ajax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ajax polycounter lvl 18
    no emotion at all

• RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    lol @ cheapalert's 90's botch job implants xD
  • DrillerKiller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrillerKiller polycounter lvl 11
    Ajax wrote: »

wow thats gross, she looks like a hunch-backed midget..with massive tits.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    oops double post
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    bitmap wrote: »
    i'd hit it

Bend this bitch Bitmap! :D lawl
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    @renderhjs what is that? A dummy? :p
    lol SupRore, seen your sketchbook already :poly124:
    @Klash120 nice, cockpit is looking sweet
  • systmh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hrmmm... i think my post got lost. do all posts need moderator approval now? i'm confus.

haven't posted in a long while. anyone remember me?

potatoheadconceptorthosak4.th.png

potatoheadfullbodylm1.th.png

potatoheadwiresrx8.th.png

potatoheadrenderxp3.th.png

and a turntable of the head with normal map:
    http://vimeo.com/2088174

about a day's work.
  • Revliss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revliss polycounter lvl 17
    GCMP wrote: »
    @renderhjs what the hell is that thing? A dummy or a crappy mental ray render? Damn man, do you still use a mouse to draw? Shit, I think you need a graphics tab like moi! :P
    lol SupRore, seen your sketchbook already :poly124:
    @Klash120 nice, cockpit is looking sweet

girlnew.jpg

*err, not finished yet, phew

some thing is wrong very wrong. think you have inprove a bit not much .

ok now on what i am working on
    arika2iu1.jpg
    i know there some thing wrong .. i going to redraw anew on .. then maybe model her out went i smake the bugs
  • BrodyB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Revliss: It's mainly proportion issues. First thing that I spot is it looks like you squashed the face into the lower half of the head. Arms also seem slightly short.
  • Revliss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revliss polycounter lvl 17
    err no ploblem with her spine ? ?? ? that where i think the main ploblem is .. oh one more thing is that i going for abit more to anime on her so her head will be a bit bigger but i don't want to over do it
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    I think we are being trolled.
  • Wendy de Boer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Leilei: I would lengthen her neck a little and widen the base of it. I would droop the boobs a bit, not necessarily lower the whole breast but definitely lower the nipples on the breast, and make them more teardrop shaped rather than melon shaped. Also, I would blend the breast into the deltoid, similar to what I did on the paintover for Etsuja. I'd do a paintover on your model as well, but you took down the pic! I saw it before you did though, mwahaha! :poly129:

Furthermore, see what it looks like with a wider pelvis. You might not want to change the slim look of it since she's anime style, so you could get the effect by widening the gap between the legs a bit. Then you'll still have slender legs, but also slightly bigger hips.

Lastly, a slightly thinner knee and possibly ankle could make her lower legs look more curvaceous.

As for the texture, the colors are pretty garish. Are you on a strict palette? A more subtle green would be nicer if that's feasible.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes i'm on a strict palette, though i'm TARGETING one. I want to get as clean color ramps as I can so her skin can be altered (and not bleed into other color ramp colors.) Her default skin color is NOT green.

An update, i didn't catch your crits while i was working on it today but she is much more presentable now. As for the nipple that can be done during rigging as I intended for less gravity as reference (there WILL be boingy). Oh btw they're even bigger this time (more true to the concept piece)
    sucwip9a.jpg

Sniff out the PNG version in the url if you'd like to see that unblurred, also change A to b or c or d for alternate perspective angles
    and i'm not using all of the 256x256 uv space because i want to save some room for the weapon models that'll be made after.

EDIT: Tested ingame. Believe me, she looks better not in green :)
    sucingame1.pngsucingame2.png
  • CIgano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this page just screams pervert
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    OMFG, have been away from the net for 5 days and look at all the stuff you gave came up with :D

To people who havent tried making shit like this, yo have NO idea how much fun it is :D
    a days work :)
    2819,katcompleteforumsAHU7L.jpg
  • flow3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flow3d polycounter lvl 18
    leilei, I love the ingame shots!
  • Wendy de Boer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei wrote: »
    Yes i'm on a strict palette, though i'm TARGETING one. I want to get as clean color ramps as I can so her skin can be altered (and not bleed into other color ramp colors.)

How does this system work? Is it based on hue? Or does it work like in Quake 1, where one row of colors is simply swapped for another? If it's the latter, then I figure it would be possible to have a subtle hue shift within each ramp.

Either way, I'm liking the ingame version! :)
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    -img snipped for consideration of us all-
    no emotion at all

that's nasty... that's one of those 'real doll' sex dolls...
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    cool ingame shots leilei! what's with the blurred nipples though :P. who cares if you see some painted green nipples.

i was playing a bit with normal and specular maps, and this is what i came up with. I don't know if i should keep it or not though... i kinda like it, but it was rather experimental. what do you think?

zombiebeastwipan3.png
    zombiebeasttexturesxy2.th.png
    ^^^ orignal texture sises are 512x512 for every map.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i would get rid of the normal and specular since they arent doing nothing at all , also i would paint that diffuse a tad better with better lightning, because right now it all seems like dodge n burn , and no color variations at all like purples since he still has red blood :) push that diffuse alot more and sharpen it up too right now too blurry. Keep going !
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    caballo.jpg

A little model i had without finishing...
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    Johny: thanks! i decided to follow your suggestion, here's a side by side shot, with the left diffuse only and the right diffuse+normal+spec.
    Click me
    i'll go back in and add some fur and gross stuff and sharpen it up a little :D.

awesome stuff blaizer!
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maestro wrote: »

some cool ideas you've got there and the general impression is cool. however there are some flaws you might consider for the next episode or for a revise on this one.

the speech is in parts extremely unemotional or just downright boring. if possible take voice actors with much more different voices and much more impact on what they are saying, like the part there the driver's saying "fix it soldier" it should be "[FFS] FIX IT [NOW] SOLDIER" (well kind of hard to explain in text) and let him crunch his face much more while doing so. Also - in the beginning it's like "they send us to a church... what the hell" instead of "They (pronounciation here to build tension on who's "they") send US to a CHURCH?" (prounciation here to clearify it's a questionmark in the meaning of wtf and not '"they send us to a church" fullstop [nice we are not stupid - we can see that ourselves]' and then you can add this undertone "what the hell" to clarify the character/the character's job seems to be in other places usually. pronounciation on "hell" (however not as strong as in church) to also point out this word-play with Church and Hell - as dumb as it sounds, it helps to contrast the play alot.

Then on the camera-moves: In general you've got really nice camera-drives when you are following the cars but also in the beginning it really annoys. The character's chin is cut off and it's a much to heavy close up. In general it always helps alot in such a dialog to see the body's reaction. A cop arriving at a crimescene is tense - the way he's talking then suggests that this tension really falls off as it is "just a church" at first and you could help by having him shake the tense off for a second before he reflects that he's to clear the situation and getting into his usual tense again. Then play a lot more with the eyes. He's confused "what the hell?" - so have him nip his eyes as if he's looking out if this is some kind of bad joke. usually you raise your upper lip as well when you are confused. The following camera move on the church doesn't really help building the situation then but is kind of boring. It might be helpful to keep the camera at the level it has been before but move it's pov up so you get an idea where the car stands in front of the church. let the characters walk inside the church during they speak as it will help the flow of the characters interaction as well as the general cinematics as it's getting described how the character's got inside the building.

The following dialogue seems to be the most important one for the kick off of the series so it should really be choreographied as good as possible:
    The character on the floor can bearly be seen - add a red carpet underneath and the legs will pop off the background - atm it's just brown in brown. When the cop sitting there says "He's dead" - the cop standing seems to be not interested at all. he's standing there, scratching his head and without any further thinking he pulls of his phone and reports in - not cool. He could stand in the beginning, looking down - he gets the report "Sir, He's dead ["THAT'S NOT GOOD NEWS, IS IT?"]" and then sits as well, shortly thinks of the situation while the camera get's relocated instead of cut (have it fly to the next step and show how he's really in thoughts) and then "Well, shit. OK, I'll report in ["This is gonna be the 450th innocent idiot who got killed by these assholes but for the moment I can't change it"]" - he gets his phone out, sounds PISSED while he reports and the camera must move so while he's talking you can see both - the face of second cop and the bomb. Have the second cop interrupt the report - it must be clear "THIS IS FUCKING DANGER AND THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ELSE NOW". Bomb being on a time is completely uninteressting as long as we don't see the time being left and in that case we'd have known it's a timer so just have him shout "[WTF] IT'S a TRAP" or "GET THE HELL OUT". and Jumping out of a building in bullet-time without an explosion looks kinda funny but that's no problem. But I think you should really speed that part up and the explosion - as cool as it looks should be not overstressed with 5 different angles to show from. if the angle you're looking from doesn't work then take another but really reduce that to 2 views only.

Last thing - the drive is really cool then after that (apart from some minor dialog-fixing) - there seems to be a trap and all but the guys who follow them appear out of nowhere or at fully unrelated sides it seems. Show the cop car rushing through and let the other's be camping there somewhere to follow them. that adds to the logic and will help the action element of the trap alot.

- lot of text, don't get me misunderstood - i really like the film :) good luck with MSUC!
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the little push Rawkstar!

I got some other types of clay and i love it, i should have switched a long time ago.

new base,
    newsculpt.jpg

and if you wonder where the portrait sculpt went.. well i kinda like smashed it XD
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    love the knight Blazier, lots of expression
    removed other versions, bit of editing, nearly done, crits?
    Becky2.jpg
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    12 tits on this page... Nize!
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    make it 14

GCMP:
    in response to the discussion we 2 had earlier today, my suggestion:
    Becky3_rhjs.jpg
    things I tried to fix or overpaint:
    - like other mentioned the proportions are off
    - shadow effects on layers are cheap and so they look
    - colors could have more variety ,esspecially the hair
    - eyes have a odd shape,- even for manga or anime style
    - put more effort into her
    - breasts oversized imo. no woman should suffer with such balloons
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Thanks for the paintover, think the problem was the reference - a manga character in this pose, she had really huge breasts and looked quite provocative, also a little shy, wanted to try and convey that in my own way. Not that keen on huge breasts really but it seemed so stylised so had to draw her. Will have a good think about this and probably end up doing two versions. Your girl, she looks a bit sad btw, the eyes tell so many different stories:thumbup:
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    (NOTFROMA)PRO TIP: *NEVER* learn anatomy from anime/manga especially when you're trying to do anime/manga
    do it from the books (Like Loomis's often overrated but recommended figure drawing books). I learned that the hard way
    just because they're stylized doesn't mean it's okay to ignore the rules of basic anatomy
    practice often, don't keep and polish a turd (delete practice work and start over repeatedly)
    MoP will hate me for saying this, but repetition is the key
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Done with the body, now moving to the outfit.

01as7.jpg

And leilei, repetition is not the key, practice is the key!
This discussion has been closed.