Home Marmoset

Marmoset Viewer IS OUT!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Revel said:
    Joe mentioned before regarding the world space normal on Marmoset Viewer, it tell much of a correct normal info to people that looking at it, tangent space would show 'seam' to our eye even though it's not appear on the final shading, due to countering the smooth groups etc and also it's just gonna shows purple on most of the area and it looks less interesting. Another thing is related to enabling the Viewer to rotate the world space normal with shift drag.
    Yes all of this, and to answer @Sastrei's question, no it is not possible to change this.
  • Sastrei
    Offline / Send Message
    Sastrei polycounter lvl 11
    Interesting - thanks guys! I am glad the normal map also shows up on the topology view, it's very useful!
  • NodrawNT
    Offline / Send Message
    NodrawNT polycounter lvl 6
    Can we expect animation and annotations just like SketchFab does ? It's something I'd really like to see.
  • FourtyNights
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    Okay, I just want to say this. I've baked so many alright AO maps previously using either xNormal or Blender, combining both the high and low versions of AOs with varying results. Mostly just them being mediocre at the end. But now with Marmoset... first AO bake = ultimate perfection! Awesome work guys at Marmoset. Super cool baker you've got.

EDIT: Just noticed I misclicked the thread and was supposed to post on the "Marmoset Toolbag 3.02 is Available now!" thread instead. :P Well, anyway. I appreciate the hard work you guys have put into the baker of MT3.

• xXm0RpH3usXx
    Offline / Send Message
    xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
    Dear EarthQuake, in my opinion the marmoset viewer still delivers the best visual quality when it comes to online model viewers!
    I am interested in proposing to my boss to buy a license of the toolbag for an upcoming project, however have a few questions before I do so:

1.) Is it possible to restrict the camera of the viewer? I would like to control how much the user can zoom out and how much he can rotate around the object. (the back and underside of the models we want to present are uninteresting)

2.) The "viewer integration" guide on the homepage goes over "mirroring" briefly. Do I understand correctly that I could host the viewer on my own site? I know it is not recommended, I am just asking! :)

3.)  It also talks about "third party logos". Which parts of the standard UI are overwritten? The logo in the top left corner? Is it possible to change the marmoset logo? (Both, the one you click to load the scene and the one in the top right corner.) Nothing against the logo itself, but the plan would be to use the iframes in a webshop and the people visiting there would not associate the logo with a 3D viewer. So I would prefer to swap it with something more generally descriptive.

4.) I would also like to get rid of the "fullscreen" and "layer views" buttons. Can this be done through css styling or something?

Hope you stay healthy in these troublesome times!
  • EarthQuake
    Dear EarthQuake, in my opinion the marmoset viewer still delivers the best visual quality when it comes to online model viewers!
    I am interested in proposing to my boss to buy a license of the toolbag for an upcoming project, however have a few questions before I do so:

1.) Is it possible to restrict the camera of the viewer? I would like to control how much the user can zoom out and how much he can rotate around the object. (the back and underside of the models we want to present are uninteresting)

2.) The "viewer integration" guide on the homepage goes over "mirroring" briefly. Do I understand correctly that I could host the viewer on my own site? I know it is not recommended, I am just asking! :)

3.)  It also talks about "third party logos". Which parts of the standard UI are overwritten? The logo in the top left corner? Is it possible to change the marmoset logo? (Both, the one you click to load the scene and the one in the top right corner.) Nothing against the logo itself, but the plan would be to use the iframes in a webshop and the people visiting there would not associate the logo with a 3D viewer. So I would prefer to swap it with something more generally descriptive.

4.) I would also like to get rid of the "fullscreen" and "layer views" buttons. Can this be done through css styling or something?

Hope you stay healthy in these troublesome times!
    Hello, I think Viewer can do everything you need it to!

1. Yes, you can set this up by using the Camera Limits feature, accessible via the Limits panel in the Camera object. You can see this feature in action in the section half of this video: https://vimeo.com/135368037

2. Yes, you can host the Viewer JS files on your own server if you like. The only real drawback to this is that you would have to manually update if you needed to get a newer version.

3. The third party logo feature enables you to add an additional logo. You can see this on ArtStation embeds for instance: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eKbaD

4. I think what you probably want is to hide the UI entirely. You can find details on how to do this in the compositing section here: https://marmoset.co/viewer/integration/
  • xXm0RpH3usXx
    Offline / Send Message
    xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
    I am really sorry for my late reply, I did not get a notification that you answered on this post and only came here to update that I dont need any help anymore! I already got everything set up, I now see that my questions where already answered pretty well in the documentation and asking was just lazy. 

Thank you for responding, as soon as my client approved of the approach, we will be buying a license!

May I propose one feature, though? I would like to not hide the complete UI, as I would like to keep the help button.
    Maybe some optional arguments when calling the viewer in the html could be implemented, so only specific buttons can be hidden?

Nevertheless, great work and nice integration pipeline! Thanks for making it available for free!
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator

Quickest question, can i get an understanding as to why the viewer installation is stuck to default drive C: installation method? i really like the options to put it where i want to removing that freedom or forcing an installation to a locked locations , regardless how helpful is unhelpful to others wanting said freedom.  Otherwise great, though now it seems i must trial and error it on artstation repeatedly as my backup viewer option to this issue if i can't find a way to install it where i desire. (i know i am complicated i guess, or strategic.) 
    Also this reason: