Home Marmoset

Marmoset Viewer IS OUT!

Replies

• Chris Krüger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump.
    Probably a stupid question, but here it goes; Would it be possible to use the viewer in some kind of "offline manner"? One of my clients really don't want to watch stuff online. He'd like to watch it on his computer offline. "Security reasons" he says...

Second question;
    Would it be possible to use WASD to move around?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Chris, it currently is possible to use Marmoset Viewer offline, but you may need to run a local HTTP server. This is not difficult to do though, see the local content section here: http://www.marmoset.co/viewer/support

WASD movement is something we may consider adding in the future.
  • Chris Krüger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sweet :) Thanks EarthQuake!
  • punkvideo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    punkvideo polycounter lvl 10
    EarthQuake hi, when will the publicly update 2.07?
  • EarthQuake
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [vv]129002578[/vv]

Toolbag 2 | 2.07 Update, Marmoset Viewer Now Included!

Today is the day! We can’t possibly overstate how excited we are to announce the release of Marmoset Viewer, which is now included FOR FREE in the Toolbag 2.07 update! Marmoset Viewer brings the power of Toolbag 2 to the web in high quality, fully interactive 3D glory. Share your art like never before by integrating 3D scenes into your self-hosted portfolio or uploading your work to http://www.artstation.com.

For more info about Marmoset Viewer, visit: http://www.marmoset.co/viewer
    Check out the Getting Started tutorial as well: http://www.marmoset.co/viewer/gettingstarted

2.07 is a huge update, with additional features including support for material IDs, Unity tangent space, Substance 5 materials, PLY mesh format, Filmic tone mapping, tooltips, default scene and material systems, object locking and too many other features and bug fixes to list.

Toolbag 2 Changelog: http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/history
    Buy or try Toolbag 2: http://www.marmoset.co/shop/tb2
  • Lt_Commander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lt_Commander polycounter lvl 10
    The viewer is going to be fun, but I'm more excited for material IDs! Now I don't have to export models split up just for marmoset.

I can't wait to try out the viewer, too!
  • Tripl3M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tripl3M polycounter lvl 2
    Wheeee thanks for your hard work and gratz for every one
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Just grabbed the update; but on export, if I open the HTML, all I'm getting is a white screen, though the code is in there. Thought it might have just been a chrome thing, since I have a bunch of tabs open right now, but it happens in Opera too.

Edit: Though it is working in Firefox. Though it doesn't seem to be importing my gloss. Tried on a few models, and all are shown entirely glossy.
  • sulky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sulky polycounter lvl 7
    same has Joopson here, export fine but nothing but white
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check the section on local content here: http://www.marmoset.co/viewer/support#local

Running locally tends to work in Firefox, but for Chrome and other browsers you will need to run a local server (which is very easy, instructions in the link above).
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    Same here! Am i missing a plugin?

EDIT:

Yeah, firefox work. Will twiddel with chrome later on today. Awesome update :)
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Ok, thanks, Joe. Works fine now!
  • sulky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sulky polycounter lvl 7
    Work fine here to, thx EQ
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No problem, glad that fixed it!
  • CreativeHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeHD polycounter lvl 6
    This is awesome guys, thanks!
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Congrats, 2.07 is a fantastic update. Improved TIFF loading, so good.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    thanks a lot for the fantastic update just tried it out on my artstation.
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Congrats on the new release guys!
    But 1 thing I notice is that the omni light still blown up my viewport to be totally flat white is still appear on my machine (same as in 2.06)...probably it's just my graphic card problem though.. :(

Oh it's here's my machine spec;
    Windows (64-bit) : Windows 7 Home Premium x64 : SP 1
    Intel Core 2 Quad : 2.66 GHz : 8 GB
    nVidia : GeForce GTX 274 : 341.44
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel wrote: »
    Congrats on the new release guys!
    But 1 thing I notice is that the omni light still blown up my viewport to be totally flat white is still appear on my machine (same as in 2.06)...probably it's just my graphic card problem though.. :(

Oh it's here's my machine spec;
    Windows (64-bit) : Windows 7 Home Premium x64 : SP 1
    Intel Core 2 Quad : 2.66 GHz : 8 GB
    nVidia : GeForce GTX 274 : 341.44

Hi, I believe we looked into this but were unable to reproduce the problem. I would recommend replacing your video card if you can, as a GTX 275 just meets the minimum requirements and performance is not likely to be very good on that card.

We'll be happy to look into the issue again, please send a detailed description of the problem along with screenshots and a sample scene to support@marmoset.co (or PM to me directly).

Thanks
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    Just a heads up, if you try to change your Viewer file name in the export window, make sure you add the ".mview" back after the name. If you export it out without that, you'll get the HTML file, and then a blank "file" that doesn't do anything. The export doesn't add the extension automatically.
  • dmilligan277
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dmilligan277 polycounter lvl 7
    Hi, I have been sooooooo excited about the release of marmoset viewer but i am having problems trying to get it to work on my personal website.

I have followed the steps on the marmoset website using the iframe format but as you can see in the first image below, it does not show up on my website saying that it can not find the requested URL. As you can see in the second image i have uploaded the .html and .mview files to my site so i am not sure what the problem is. Do the .htmal and .mview file have to be in a specific location??? Please help.

mj8Q4Fg.jpg
    IEPzdOy.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you're getting that error, the URL in your iframe is probably incorrect. If your smg.html file is in the same directory as your main page, you can simply link to smg.html

<iframe src="smg.html">

if its in a different directory, you may need to use the full link, like so:

<iframe src="http://www.mysite.com/files/smg.html"&gt;

Edit, made a guess and found the link to your html file, http://www.davidmilligan.net/smg.html - if you use that in your iframe src it should work,
  • dmilligan277
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah that fixed it, thanks Joe. I have another question now :)

The textures for the gun are displaying lower resolution than what i export export them as. I export them at the 4k "unreasonable" setting but they still show in the final viewer at lower res. The first image shows it in toolbag with the correct texture res, the second image shows what viewer is giving me, visibly lower res, it's particularly apparent on the normal map. Any ideas on this one??

MtmoHBN.jpg

Kn5M7lG.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All textures are compressed (jpeg) on export to reduce file size/loading times, the unreasonable setting will ensure that the compression is the highest quality; however, it is not lossless, and compression artifacts tend to show most with normal maps.
  • dmilligan277
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see, so does it simply not output 4k textures? It seems to have scaled them down to 2k as far as i can see.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    "unreasonable" setting outputs 4k. But it's still compressed, hence the difference you're noticing.
  • dmilligan277
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, understood. So i am having one last problem with integrating viewer into my website, i am trying to put viewer onto my page as well as having images below it on the same page but when i add viewer it seems to simply override the images. Below you can see the code i have for the page which contains the viewer as well as a selection of images, but unfortunately the images are not showing up. I realise this may not be a directly Marmoset viewer related question but i am still hoping someone may be able to help. Any ideas?

sCqAtvE.jpg

QpvdTa7.jpg
  • stilobique
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stilobique polycounter lvl 12
    • Template scene feature for custom creation of new scenes
    • Template material feature for custom creation of new materials
    • Object locking via the outliner
    Awesome, awesome and Awesome.

And more feature ^^ . Very great, thanks you !
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry David, it's hard to say why that isn't working, it certainly should by looking at your html. It may come down to whatever software you're using for page layout. You can try removing the iframe and see if your images show up, but loading an iframe is a basic HTML function and not specific to Marmoset Viewer (the actually content of the iframe page can't communicate with or override content on the main page).

You could try putting the iframe and the set of images into divs so that you can set positioning and other parameters.
  • dmilligan277
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for getting back to me Joe. So i resolved them problem with a bit of trial and error HTML editing. Here is the final working code in case anyone else runs into a similar issue.

jp4oOhr.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad to hear you sorted it out, and thanks for posting the solution!
  • Sleuthman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sleuthman polycounter lvl 11
    Great update, thanks for all your hard work keeping Toolbag updated, I assure you it's much appreciated. I was working away on the weekend and an update pops up whilst I'm working, woohoo! :)

I've still been having problems with TIFFs and 16-bit materials though. the normal map preview always shows up really bright, and the sRGB toggle seems to have no effect, doesn't seem to behave any differently than before the update. Do you have any guidelines for best practices when it comes to 16-bit materials?

Cheers!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Tom, can you post some images of the problem? Generally, normal maps will display brighter in TB2 than they do in photoshop as they are loaded in linear space. Its very important for normal maps to be in linear space (sRGB off) to work correctly. How does the normal map look when applied to the model?

Currently we do not support zip compression with tiff files, if you're using zip compression, it will revert to the old loaded which doesn't handle 16/32 bit tiffs.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sleuthman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't really have a visual issue, I was just looking at the preview in toolbag (the little normal map thumbnail) and it looked really bright, so I assumed something was wrong.

So If I bake my 16-bit tiff with xnormal, load it into Photoshop where I'm working in sRGB colour space with gamma 2.2, and I do some editing then save it out to a 16-bit PSD/tiff, have I borked up the colour space or is that fine?

If not can you provide me a quick example of a workflow that would be right? Do I have to mess with my colour settings in Photoshop whilst editing normals etc?

Also, I thought metalness and roughness should be linear too? Seems to be that way in unreal. I have a very limited understanding of all this so any help you can provide would be appreciated!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Lockable Camera. - Thank you -

You're welcome, i did it just for you. EQ didn't bug me for it at all, nope... Not even a little...

EDIT - to be clear, i'm talking about toolbag not the viewer here.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomLaird wrote: »
    I don't really have a visual issue, I was just looking at the preview in toolbag (the little normal map thumbnail) and it looked really bright, so I assumed something was wrong.

So If I bake my 16-bit tiff with xnormal, load it into Photoshop where I'm working in sRGB colour space with gamma 2.2, and I do some editing then save it out to a 16-bit PSD/tiff, have I borked up the colour space or is that fine?

Thats fine, you don't need to do anything special in photoshop when working with normal maps. The gamma settings are only for preview of the images, they don't alter the actual content.
    If not can you provide me a quick example of a workflow that would be right? Do I have to mess with my colour settings in Photoshop whilst editing normals etc?

I would recommend not messing with the color settings in PS.

Also, I thought metalness and roughness should be linear too? Seems to be that way in unreal. I have a very limited understanding of all this so any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Yes that is generally correct, by default those textures should load with sRGB off (linear space) in TB2 as well.
  • Sleuthman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brilliant thanks!
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    SOLID update. Thanks guys!
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Guessing the stance on modifying code is a nay? Reason I ask is say I want a certain effect or control and add it in, Im technically distributing it which is against the license. Just wondering. If im prodding in the wrong places, Im sorry!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guessing the stance on modifying code is a nay? Reason I ask is say I want a certain effect or control and add it in, Im technically distributing it which is against the license. Just wondering. If im prodding in the wrong places, Im sorry!

That is correct, modifying the code would be against the license.

I'm curious to know what you would like to do though, please hit me on PM/FB/Skype etc.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    One thing I would love is a temperature slider for lights, like you get with the heat emissive settings. I find myself copy-pasting blackbody RGB values to a light's colour pretty often, and it'd be great to skip that step, and just have a slider. Maybe with a checkbox, so you have the choice to either use hand-picked RGB or blackbody temperature.
  • th00mmas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    th00mmas polycounter lvl 5
  • th00mmas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey,

I just uploaded a scene with the new viewer. It works great on browser!
    However, when I load the page on my mobile the scene is totally black.
    When I select the "albedo" layer view I can see my model unlit. So the lighting isn't working?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, android 4.4.2. I tried the default browser and the google chrome browser. Both won't work.
    But it will show up for a friend with the same Phone but with Android 5.0.

I don't use the HDR based lightning but with spotlights and omni's. The HDR based lightning does show up on my mobile phone.

Here is the URL:http://thomasschrama.nl/marmoset/house.html

Is this a problem with older android versions? or just a bug?

Thanks! :)
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Would be nice to see ZBrushCentral supporting Marmoset Viewer...
  • CreativeHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeHD polycounter lvl 6
    I'm enjoying playing around with Marmoset Viewer! Thanks Marmoset team!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    th00mmas wrote: »
    Hey,

I just uploaded a scene with the new viewer. It works great on browser!
    However, when I load the page on my mobile the scene is totally black.
    When I select the "albedo" layer view I can see my model unlit. So the lighting isn't working?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, android 4.4.2. I tried the default browser and the google chrome browser. Both won't work.
    But it will show up for a friend with the same Phone but with Android 5.0.

I don't use the HDR based lightning but with spotlights and omni's. The HDR based lightning does show up on my mobile phone.

Here is the URL:http://thomasschrama.nl/marmoset/house.html

Is this a problem with older android versions? or just a bug?

Thanks! :)

This is a known issue on the Galaxy S4, currently dynamic lights do not appear to work on that phone. It's something we intend to look into.
  • th00mmas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    This is a known issue on the Galaxy S4, currently dynamic lights do not appear to work on that phone. It's something we intend to look into.

Well it does work when it's running android 5 :) Thanks for the information! will update to android 5 then. Thanks for the awesome viewer!
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    Is there a way to get the Marmoset viewer logo to appear on the thumbnail at Artstation? I've seen several with the logo and some without.

Thanks!

Edit: I think I'll just Photoshop it in and use a custom thumbnail.