Home Technical Talk

ADN Modeler Tools : Smart modeling scripts for Maya

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
Fansub sublime tool

ADN Modeler Tools is a smart modeling script tool for Maya that comes with multiple useful tools,ranging from simple scripts to highly complex tools that completely redefine your workflow.

Use this line of code as said in the documentation : source "AMTools/ADNModelerTools05.mel";

https://gumroad.com/l/adntools

The tool now works on Maya 2016,2016.5,2017,2016LT and 2017LT on Windows only.Mac support is under the works.

The goal of this tool is to make everyone's workflow in Maya easier,whether your a student,freelancer,teacher or a studio searching for tools to improve it's pipeline.

The license price varies between a Standard License and a Studio License,which comes in three different packs : 2-9 licenses,9-19 licenses and 19-40 licenses.

There is also a University License,which grants you access to 75 licenses for all your students.

Both Studio and University license owners need to contact me once they've bought the tool in order for me to give their artists/students access to individual licenses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkPUJfy99pc

The idea behind this package is to give you a library of tools that is constantly evolving and every single update, no matter how major it might be,is always going to be free for anyone who purchased the product.

Version 0.5 is the first official release so if you encounter an issue with it please send me a Private Message to the following Email : theadnart@gmail.com

Replies

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Congratulations on the release! Just got the email. I've decided to finally learn some Maya, just to try these tools out.
  • throttlekitty
    Awesome! I've got a problem though. I'm on Maya 2016 Ext 2.

"StartShapeShifter.mel line 98: The destination attribute '.fraction' cannot be found."
    I get that running it on even a simple cube with no history.

Boolean Panel creates a duplicate if only one object is selected before giving an error.
  • pasha_sevez
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    Gonna try it today. Looks promising!
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Hey guys,yeah i noticed that typo too :) will be solving everything today with a new update.Atm i'm literally flooded with emails and i don't know who has issues,just want to congratulate,ask questions before buying,etc....

Will be solving things a bit slowly to not make a mistake,so excuse me if i reply a bit lately :)
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Just watched the demo. This looks even better than I expected!  I'm sure you're crazy busy but a realtime narrated demo would be the icing on the cake.  :)
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Should be getting a proper mic for that next week :D

This looks even better than I expected!
    Oh that's great to know ! I was really afraid people were thinking it would be super awesome and working on everything,because as you might have seen in that video a few tweaks here and there are still needed,but it's better than anything currently available in Maya AFAIK.

throttlekitty Thanks for the reports,will be looking into that today.Lots of small things to fix here and there,now i only need to fix everything ^^

• creonic
    Offline / Send Message
    creonic null
    "If you already bought Quick Pipe you should have a notification by Email with the link to download ADN Modeler Tools for FREE ! This is a limited offer that expires on the 25/08/2016." 

buyed ADN Modeller Tools. i can get for free Quick Pipe?
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
     buyed ADN Modeller Tools. i can get for free Quick Pipe?
    Uh this is not how it works :p If you bought Quick Pipe for free you will be able to get AMT,but not the other way around.

• CoD67
    Offline / Send Message
    CoD67 polycounter lvl 4
    If I buy Quick Pipe now will I be able to get AMT and its updated version in the future ? 
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    If I buy Quick Pipe now will I be able to get AMT and its updated version in the future ?
    Yep ! If you buy Quick Pipe now you're getting AMT and all it's futur updates forever and ever ! :)
  • CoD67
    Offline / Send Message
    CoD67 polycounter lvl 4
    Fansub said:
    Yep ! If you buy Quick Pipe now you're getting AMT and all it's futur updates forever and ever ! :)
    Great ! Just bought it :pleased:
  • spahr
    Offline / Send Message
    spahr polycounter lvl 8
    This purchase was a no brainer for me. Just played around with it, its already so helpful. Cant wait for the 1.0. Quickpipe update was great, cant imagine how good this will be.

Only issue I had was setting up hotkeys, or buttons. Edit: addressed :D
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    It's always great to see people liking these tools,so thanks for the comment !

I'm currently working on a new UI for AMT,should probably be released along with an update for Quick Pipe in the coming days.
    Despite being free i noticed that many Quick Pipe users also bought ShapeShifter,so thanks a lot !
  • spahr
    Offline / Send Message
    spahr polycounter lvl 8
    Fansub said:
    It's always great to see people liking these tools,so thanks for the comment !

I'm currently working on a new UI for AMT,should probably be released along with an update for Quick Pipe in the coming days.
    Despite being free i noticed that many Quick Pipe users also bought ShapeShifter,so thanks a lot !
    Wait, another update? I just got my email about 1.5 the other day. Either way, love the stuff so far. Very useful , I have lots of scripts that do fancy trickery, but its hard to find applications for them. Your tools slide right in and speed up my existing workflow. Love it.
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Wait, another update? I just got my email about 1.5 the other day.
    It's not an update but more like a big hotfix that compiles most errors i've gathered so far.Custom profiles for example are no longer to be .FBX files but .CQP which is a custom format i made that will read them properly without entering in collision with the user's FBX settings.
    There's also a dozens of new profiles that will be integrated,some fixes here and there for both QP and AMT,etc...

Right after that will start working on MAC support :)

• spahr
    Offline / Send Message
    spahr polycounter lvl 8
    When you make your interface, can I make a quick suggestion? Getting a Soft/Hard edge display toggle would be nice. Maybe something like, if you run 'Quick Smooth' to have an option to toggle the display on. I just notice quick smooth is good general setting, but you always need to double check. Theres been plenty of times where I run shape shifter and im beveling some random edge on a flat surface because im a dolt and forgot to double check. 
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Had a few people also suggest a toggle for soft/hard edges so i'm currently working on it :)

Will be making a proper interface for all these tools,too.
    If anyone has a suggestion for a tool to be added to hesitate to tell me,btw :D
  • throttlekitty
    Actually, what's that you're using in the video to display hard edges? I've been meaning to add a single checkbox to my edge MM to toggle the display and selection constraint for hard edges like that but haven't gotten to it yet. So on account of my laziness, I'd also like this. Also, I really appreciate that command list in QuickPipe, that's a nice touch!
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Mind showing me what at what second you see the display edge thing ? don't know exactly what you're talking about as i have multiple ways of displaying edges ^^

Also, I really appreciate that command list in QuickPipe, that's a nice touch!
    Also keep in mind that if you want to know what each command in the menu does,ctrl click it and a nice explanation should pop-up :)
  • encore
    Offline / Send Message
    encore polycounter lvl 5
    Adding a object library would be incredibly useful. Kinda like Insert Multi Mesh brush from Zbrush.

• Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    That would require a lot of work,plus you have something similar in the latest version :p but i thought about doing something like that similar to the Open Profiler.Dunno if i will make it tho.

On a side note,i wanted to say something : both of my tools AMT and Quick Pipe were shared on a certain warez website.I really don't mind that as long as you can't afford or don't have a credit card to buy these tools (i've been in that situation for years) but please keep in mind that these tools are the only way for me to pay my school and sharing it for free has already started to impact sales at a horrible rate.No sales for me = no school and i can't make a student loan because they suck like hell here in Africa.
    If you like what i do and think it is worth the price please do buy the tools.
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
  • throttlekitty
    Fansub said:
    Mind showing me what at what second you see the display edge thing ? don't know exactly what you're talking about as i have multiple ways of displaying edges ^^
    It's at 1:38, but watching again with the video slowed down I think I imagined a few things about how that worked from the late late night when I first saw it.
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Oh that one ! It's a very simple line of code that i have,it basically select all my hard edges.Will add it to the list on next update :)
  • douglassoares
    Man, im a mac user (new one, but i am lol). I will buy your script and try to use for a project which i am working for.  You said which you are working on a mac version. When be release i will have acess? (please) 

So now i will try to fit in my pipeline, and if not work probably i will do some coding. Is python, right?
    About the warez, i saw it in some places.  Unfortunately this will happen with everything but one thing which could be a plus is your conduct about maintenece. (looks awsome until here. very quick responses.)

About the price. It's just US$8 for the Quick Pipe and i will get the ADN Modeler Tools for free?

• Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Yeah the Warez stuff sucks but i will keep updating on my current products and will also work on new products in the futre :)

I don't know when the MAC version will be available tbh,i'm trying to borrow a MAC computer from a friend and throughout test the tools on it,so when i see that it is bug-free like on Windows i'll update everyone on it :)
    The script is made in MEL scripting,btw.

Yeah the price of Quick Pipe is 8$,and AMT is 5$.If you buy Quick Pipe you get AMT for free,tho i would recommand buying both,mainly to support the dev :D
  • ArmoredWolf
    Offline / Send Message
    ArmoredWolf polycounter lvl 3
    Not sure if this is the right place to post, but there seems to be a problem with ShapeShifter in maya 2016 Ext 2.

It says the destination attribute ".fraction' cant be found at line 98. And the bevel segments attribute is missing.
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Yeah noticed that error with some EXT2 users,a fix is under the works :)

Sent you a PM,btw :)
  • douglassoares
    I bought. 
    I didn't test Quick pipe yet, but until now ADN tools work fine on mac :)
  • jpmardonez
    I bought and and gave more money for both products, you deserve it. Keep up the good work and the intelligent approach to make modeling workflows way more efficient and enjoyable.
  • JustinSlick
    Offline / Send Message
    JustinSlick polycounter lvl 6
    Man, the ADN tools are so great.  I mean, I have a feeling my techniques were outdated anyway, but this approach is so much better than what I was doing when I was modeling more.
    If anyone has a suggestion for a tool to be added to hesitate to tell me,btw

There was a great little utility script called GetBent a few years ago that really streamlined the bend deformer process for creating radial geometry from flat hard-surface panels. I don't think he's really supporting it anymore and as far as I can tell it doesn't work in Maya 2016/17, so I would totally toss you another five bucks for something similar.

• Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Yeah a Get-Bent like is definitely on my todo-list :)

New update is available !  check out your emails :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbFqk3pMrGQ

This new update adds three new scripts to the list and improves ShapeShifter to make the workflow a LOT faster !

- Smart Lines is the biggest addition in this update.It allows you to twist a set of faces in a matter of seconds !
    - Hard Edges and Ngons both have their own scripts now to be selected ! They will be improved in the future,too.
    - ShapeShifter now has realtime parameters just like Quick Pipe !
    - Most bugs detected in SS were fixed,the others still need a few more testing before getting released,but i'm working on it !

The update is free for all AMT owners right now,and for those of you interested in buying the tool keep in mind that buying Quick Pipe gives you AMT for free,this offer will expire on the 25th of this month ! The price of both Quick Pipe and AMT will be moved from 8$ for Quick Pipe to 10$,and from 5$ for AMT to 8$.This price increase might seem small but will be enough for me to afford working even more on updating them and working on my next big tool which everyone single Maya user no matter what his background is will absolutely love ! :p
    The price increase is not going to affect anyone who already owns the tools.

• Thomas Battistetti
    Hello ! I just bought Quick Pipe and ADN but both of them give me that error when I execute them : "// Error: Line 1.31: Cannot find file "xxxxxxx.mel" for source statement.". I put the script in the my documents/maya/scripts folder but still the same problem. Do you have a fix for it ? Or is it just me being stupid ? :D 
    Thank you !
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    They should be in your C:\Users\Username\Documents\maya\2016 path and not C:\Users\Username\Documents\maya\ If after putting them in there you still get the same error then please send me an email at theadnart@gmail . com :)
    A quick screenshot to show you guys what the new script does to your geo !

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/33/1471402186-smartlines.png

• jul_lef
    Offline / Send Message
    jul_lef polycounter lvl 9
    Just reporting a bug with ShapeShifter with maya 2016 extension 2 sp1 the bevel offset is not working but works in maya 2016 sp5.

What are your default settings for your units since the support edge is limited to 50 for large object it s an issue.

I am currently using meters.

Thanks for the update keep the good work

• Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Jesus Christ that Service Packs bug is driving me nuts xD

Will make a radical fix on this one in a few hours,i know exactly why it is messing with me and i'll show it the way.

Regarding the units limitation,will also cap everything to 10k.RADICAL i tell you.
  • Thomas Battistetti
    Fansub said:
    They should be in your C:\Users\Username\Documents\maya\2016 path and not C:\Users\Username\Documents\maya\ 
    Yes I found the problem ! I dragged them into a new folder I called ADN in the script path. Now it's working as a charm. Keep up the good work !
  • throttlekitty
    Just a small trick for multiple bevel widths with ShapeShifter: For each width, set your sliders how you want and duplicate into new objects. Then use the Shapes editor to add each variant as a blend shape and leave the sliders at full. Now use Paint Blend Shape Weights to flood each channel with 0 to remove the effects, and either paint or flood fill vert selections as needed.

You can also vary the weights if that's what you're into.

• Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Oh nice ! :o might investigate into this a little bit,maybe for adding some features :)
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Made  timelapse video for ShapeShifter.Used Boolean Panel and Quick Smooth a lot on this one,too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28O7BAFqBVY

Also,quick preview of the new UI.Nothing fancy,wanted to keep it simple ^^ you will be able to know what each command does by control-clicking it,which opens a nice window with clever explanations,etc...

• jul_lef
    Offline / Send Message
    looks cool can't wait for the ext2 sp1 version ;)
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    looks cool can't wait for the ext2 sp1 version

It works on any Maya version (from 2016 to 2017) so far,AFAIK.

Btw,j'adore ton travail ! :D

• alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    alekseypindrus polycounter lvl 8
    @Fansub On the fun side of things… HAPE HIFTER \(^o^).
    Just change a color of «S» because most of us will read white text first :D

Also UI is clean but unreadable right now — alignment and icons needed.
    Here's a fast shitty quality aligned version:

Notice how much eye movement needed for right part of the menu.
  • jul_lef
    Offline / Send Message
    my bad, somehow maya kept the 025 script in my toolbar
  • Balcaceres
    Love the tool and bought them both to support you.

My project currently using meters only, we're working on high scale things.
    Currently ShapeShifter does not work on large objects. Any fix?

Using 2016 Pack 2 
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    alekseypindrus Thanks for the feedback,definitely taking that into account !  :D

Balcaceres Mind elaborating a bit on what you mean by "doesn't work" ? The whole plugin doesn't work (if so,a detailed report would really help) or are you having a hard time moving the attribute values beyond 50 (which is the cap in version 0.30,but will be changed in next version) ?
  • Balcaceres
    So I make a small cube, when its very small (cm) is performs as it does on any video.

When the cube is say 100x100 Meters (M) you apply the ShapeShifter and you can absolutely barely see the Bevels, or changes, and anything you do is extremely small.

Perhaps like you say its right, beyond 50 needs to be there, but could also be a fix that regardless of size, it behaves normally on any object regardless of size.

my 2 cents.

If you are fixing beyond 50 - do you have a timeline for a quick fix? As this is honestly a great script for our project.

Thanks Fansub!

• Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Wednesday or Thursday of this week are my targets :) i'm trying to include a lot of new stuff and explanations (both commented videos and text).Hope you're not gonna have a hard time figuring out what i say with my weird accent hahaha :D
  • Balcaceres
    Weird Accent??

You're not the only foreign guy here my friend! :):) 
  • anMori
    Offline / Send Message
    anMori polycounter lvl 7
    Look great! Is it also compatible to MayaLT?