Home Technical Talk

ADN Modeler Tools : Smart modeling scripts for Maya

Replies

• ZaqSchlanger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZaqSchlanger polycounter lvl 8
    I'm having an issue where if I click the SS button, instead of it switching between offsets and number of edges, it just throws out the error "G:/Libraries/Documents/maya/2017/scripts//AMTools/AMTScripts/StartShapeShifter.mel line 262: Found no valid items to add the attribute to. // "

also when I try to use easy circle, it just implodes.

Any idea how I can remedy these or if they are known issues,

other than those issues, this plugin is wizardry. 

thanks!
  • mobpapst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
    Really cool stuff - is there anything similar for max?
  • ibermundo86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Need Help. I just bought the awesome plugin today. im using maya 2017.

// Error: Line 1.39: Cannot find file "AMTools/ADNModelerTools05.mel" for source statement.
  • krailyx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    krailyx null
    I have the same issue too. I thought I installed the scripts wrong. But I guess everyone who is using MAYA 2018 has this same issue. ShapeShifter works except for that weird artifact. 

Thanks in Advance to anyone who has a fix to this issue.
    not a fix really but it seems that SS is doubling the geometry on top of itself, making an extrusion-like set of faces that are pointed inwards. deleting these interior duplicate faces seems to resolve the problem more or less but is not a practical fix.  Dunno if its related or not but I also can't seem to get the middle-click to work for adjusting bevel offset and divisions...
  • Orgazmaat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orgazmaat polycounter lvl 3
    krailyx said:
    I have the same issue too. I thought I installed the scripts wrong. But I guess everyone who is using MAYA 2018 has this same issue. ShapeShifter works except for that weird artifact. 

not a fix really but it seems that SS is doubling the geometry on top of itself, making an extrusion-like set of faces that are pointed inwards. deleting these interior duplicate faces seems to resolve the problem more or less but is not a practical fix.  Dunno if its related or not but I also can't seem to get the middle-click to work for adjusting bevel offset and divisions...
    Try to tweak "Support  Offset" attribute. By default SS does not support different scene scale ( have to do some changes for centimeter linear units), and most of its bevels made with "Offset as Fraction" ON - check this also. 
  • bob3636
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bob3636 polycounter lvl 11
    Hello is there a way to use the Hbevel on selected edges?
  • Geexile
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geexile polycounter lvl 8
    Pretty cool tool !
    I was wondering though, do you have any idea when support for Maya 2018 could be ready ? I really need it for Maya 2018 :)

• Polynaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polynaught polycounter lvl 11
    Is there a fix on the way for ShapeShifter in Maya 2018?
    I would rather not resort to 2017 - ShapeShifter is acting as described above (doubled faces, black zfighting artifacts, unresponsive middle mouse button when trying to tweak parameters).
    Both Crease+ and ADN Modeler Tools are so promising, yet I cannot use them at their full advantage due to bugs piling up under 2018.
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Hey all ! :) your favorite African tech artist is back from the dead x)

[AMTools running in Maya 2018]

A quick fix has been published to make AMTools compatible with Maya 2018, while AMT2.0 and Mesh Blend 1.5 are both in preparations.
    I've tested Mesh Blend on Maya 2018 and it does seem to work fine, please let me know if you're facing any issues, as i'll be working further on both plugins this weekend and the coming weekends, and will get back to this topic and see if any issue is code or user-generated.

With Black Friday just around the corner I've also set all the plugins to a low 4.99$ from now 'till Sunday, you can grab it now if you haven't already, and for those of you who already have it the future updates/upgrades will all be free as usual, same for anyone who gets it right now :)

It has been almost two years since Baidhir and I started working on our next-move, PolygonFlow, and the project has matured enough that we're really confident about a first private beta sometime mid next year. PolygonFlow won't be yet another suite of plugins but a whole new concept around which tools are made, and we can't wait to share more about it in the future.

As always, if you're a student/don't have the money to buy the plugins even at 4.99$ (I've been there :D ) don't hesitate to send me a message and i'll make sure you get yourself a copy ASAP.

Kind regards,

Adnan Chaumette - Tools Programmer @ Quixel & Co-Founder @ PolygonFlow

• ZaqSchlanger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZaqSchlanger polycounter lvl 8
    Currently getting error "Cannot find procedure "doMenuComponentSelectionExt"." when I try using shapeshifter

Easy circle goes through, but it just kind of implodes. Panel boolean works though. Wondering if my issues with it are related to the location of my document folder or if its a different 2018 issue in the new release. Hope to figure this out
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    I think you might want to run the modeling toolkit once or twice in a Maya session, then try it again. I'm gonna need to switch to another command for that operation, will get back to you this Friday evening.

Also pushing that good ol' quad fill this friday, so hold on tight ! :D
  • Yuan_Windsor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i purchase new version AMT 1.5 as soon as possible, but it seems still doesnt work correctly for maya 2018. 
    my maya version is 2018.4
    why ? anyone can help thx
  • cdr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cdr null
    Currently getting error "Cannot find procedure "doMenuComponentSelectionExt"." when I try using shapeshifter

Easy circle goes through, but it just kind of implodes. Panel boolean works though. Wondering if my issues with it are related to the location of my document folder or if its a different 2018 issue in the new release. Hope to figure this out
    Hi, yeah I got the same error. To fix that I added the following line:

source dagMenuProc;

in the StartShapeShifter.mel script file. Now, it seems to work fine.

• KaranDutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KaranDutt null
    Both ADN Modeler tools and mesh blend are not loading in maya. when i run the command it keeps giving me syntax error.
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Hi Karan, sorry for not replying to your private message earlier !
    You're most likely not doing something correctly, i've made a gif that quickly shows the installation process, please let me know if it helps !

@cdr thanks a lot for the quick tip ! In a weekend trip right now but will add that line to the SS script file tomorrow
  • KaranDutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KaranDutt null
    Fansub said:
    Hi Karan, sorry for not replying to your private message earlier !
    You're most likely not doing something correctly, i've made a gif that quickly shows the installation process, please let me know if it helps !

@cdr thanks a lot for the quick tip ! In a weekend trip right now but will add that line to the SS script file tomorrow
    Hey Thanks. It was an error  from my side. I got them running smoothly. Both are awesome plugins. 
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    looking forward to finally giving these a try, thank you!
  • 3dcaster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dcaster polycounter lvl 4
    Hi I have an issue with ADN toold. 

// Warning: line 12: fopen: unable to open file "C:/Users/makersMark/Documents/maya/2018/scripts/AMTools/AMTScripts/UserMenuRepository.ini" for mode  "r". // 
    // Error: line 50: Number of rows must be greater than 0. // 
    Please help:)

have a good day
  • MajorTomCL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MajorTomCL polycounter lvl 5
    krailyx said:

It seems like a common error with Maya 2018 and sadly I don't want to roll back to 2017. Anyway, I was about to buy the tool pack but it looks like is not fixed yet  for 2018, can anyone confirm this?
  • romix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    romix polycounter lvl 5
    with maya 2019 this tool not work  Works fine
  • TheDarkKnight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheDarkKnight polycounter lvl 13
    3dcaster said:
    Hi I have an issue with ADN toold. 

// Warning: line 12: fopen: unable to open file "C:/Users/makersMark/Documents/maya/2018/scripts/AMTools/AMTScripts/UserMenuRepository.ini" for mode  "r". // 
    // Error: line 50: Number of rows must be greater than 0. // 
    Please help:)

have a good day
    Same error on my end
  • gutek78
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gutek78 polycounter lvl 9

Hello
    Script work in maya 2019 the problem is proper scale.

It only works when you put entire scrits folder it in: C:\Users\name\Documents\maya\2019\scripts\AMTools You allso need to run entire script “ADNModelerTools05.mel” I add this to my shelf.

Comand: source "AMTools/ADNModelerTools05.mel"; dosen't work for me.I only tested ShapeShifter. You can allso adjust support offset something about: 0.01 should works.  

• kesha3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kesha3d polycounter lvl 10
    It's about update for maya 2018 guys. Just install the last one. I have installed 2018.6 and solved this bug with SS.
    Easy!!!
  • romix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    romix polycounter lvl 5
    Does Vertex Normal works in new versions? I'm facing the bug like this one all the time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tWIOxyT-Zk&feature=youtu.be