Home Marmoset

Toolbag 2 is on Steam! | Marmoset Toolbag 2 | News & Announcements

Replies

• malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Hey, just wanted to say I was pretty skeptical of the viewer thing, but just checked the website and saw the examples and this is actually really cool. Would actually really help with art tests since right now we ask applicants to complete the test in Marmoset then submit screenshots, would be awesome if people started submitting interactive scenes we could look at.
  • EarthQuake
    [vv]135368037[/vv]

We’re extremely pleased to announce that Toolbag 2.08 is now available. We’ve added highly sought after features such as auto mesh reloading, improved FBX support (including camera and light importing), volumetric fog, camera limits, and improved TIFF loading.

Marmoset Viewer has received attention as well. In addition to camera limit exporting, we’ve included support for material options like ambient occlusion, additive tint, texture filtering, and a high-quality, lossless normal map export setting.

For a full breakdown of new features and bug fixes, check out the Toolbag 2 Changelog: https://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/history

Buy or try Toolbag 2: https://www.marmoset.co/shop/tb2
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Right on, the mesh reference system is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you!

Now I just need that refraction shader and I can complete my next render.
  • Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Shiny. Lossless normal maps for viewer is pretty exciting, as is mesh reloading — I missed that from tb1.
  • tungerz
    Offline / Send Message
    tungerz polygon
    That's awesome!! so as long as your updating the same .fbx/.obj into the same directory it will TB will auto update the viewport?
    This is not package dependent? like can be maya, blender, modo, ect...

Rock on :)
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    tungerz wrote: »
    That's awesome!! so as long as your updating the same .fbx/.obj into the same directory it will TB will auto update the viewport?
    This is not package dependent? like can be maya, blender, modo, ect...

Rock on :)

Correct!

It's completely package independent.
  • radiancef0rge
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    Correct!

It's completely package independent.

Do you still have to do the initial import and set up and the materials and textures with the correct values pointing to the correct textures etc? Thats such a pain
  • EarthQuake
    Do you still have to do the initial import and set up and the materials and textures with the correct values pointing to the correct textures etc? Thats such a pain

Yes, on initial import you need to set up your material. Once you've set it up, as long as you don't change the material name in your 3D app, it will automatically re-apply on auto re-load. With MatID support in 2.07, materials are automatically created and applied to the correct bits, and now with auto re-load in 2.08, both initial setup and iteration are much faster and easier than they were in 2.06 and earlier.

We may look into more in-depth material parameter loading in the future, however, we'll be limited to what the 3D apps/the FBX format supports, and many parameters simply will not import as they are propriety to TB2, so you'll always have to do some amount of manual material setup.
  • EarthQuake
    11893763_695801660520120_3124928903892013480_o.jpg

MOAR SKY! Now through Sunday, August 16th, with each new purchase of Toolbag 2, get yourself a set of 50 high-resolution HDR panoramas for FREE, your choice from our Northern Italy or Japan Pano Packs.

With each at 8k x 4k resolution, and up to 24 stops, our high-dynamic range panoramas are a great addition to any image-based lighting rendering pipeline.

Check 'em out: http://www.marmoset.co/

*Note: The discount is automatically applied after adding TB2 and a pano pack to your shopping cart.
  • Joost
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    Something I'd really like is "snapshots"

Basically just adds a thumbnail for save files and has a little thumbnail browser so you can easily switch between different lighting settings.

ChDpEPE.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Thanks for the feedback Joost.
  • WarrenM
    That's a nice deal ... grabbed it, thanks!
  • RobeOmega
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Marmoset also seems to be on Steam now aswell
  • WarrenM
    So it is! So .... can those of us who bought the regular version get Steam keys? :)
  • EarthQuake
    [vv]122995265[/vv]

Big News: Marmoset Toolbag 2 is Now on Steam!

We’re pleased as punch to announce that our full-featured real-time rendering application, Marmoset Toolbag 2, is now available for sale on Steam with an introductory 10% discount! Whether you’re a 3D artist creating portfolio renders, working in product visualization, doing look-dev for film, or creating world-class Dota 2 assets, Toolbag 2 is sure to leave you feeling steamy.

Find more information on the Toolbag 2 Steam Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/362750/

Note: At this time, we are not supporting transfer of existing stand-alone licenses to or from Steam.