• final_fight
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Version 1.2 and it still doesn't work!
    Clipboard.png
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    Got the dDo update today. Nice to see the automatic calibration for the different engines. Couple questions though

- Will there be CE EaaS support soon? I think it uses a similar BRDF to UE4, just different maps(Spec over Metalness), so would using the UE4 calibration be sufficient? What about calibrating your Spec map with UE4, when the engine doesn't really use it?

- Is it possible to calibrate a project you've started before the update? I see the option for a new one, just can't find it on my current project.

- Also the update doesn't stay. Everytime I restart the suite, I'm prompted to download it again. This happened a lot with my nDo2 license as well.

Edit: Teddy's post in the news thread answered #2 and possibly #3(I wasn't installing it in the original location, couldn't remember where I put it before :))
  • ikreinin
    Offline / Send Message
    ikreinin polycounter lvl 4
    I made the new update (1.2) and after that the combination of c+shift+click in 3DO doesn't open smart material window. Any ideas?
  • final_fight
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Never mind, it's all working now. Just needed to reinstall PS.
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Having trouble using Cross-app.

First, it makes photoshop disappear. This might be on purpose, but it's bizarre.

Next, it doesn't update marmoset, and I have to manually save the maps, which removes any benefit of linking.
  • Frenchcardinal
    Hello everyone, I downloaded the Quixel Suite ever since the beta launch but it never worked. Whenever I click on the NDO and DDO icon, the menu disappears then reappears but nothing happens. Also when I click on the 3DO icon, an error message pops up and the 3D previewer appears. I've downloaded update 1.1 and 1.2 but nothing changed. I'm using a desktop with Windows 8.1 Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 graphics card, and the files are stored in a 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD. I uninstalled then reinstalled PS CS5.1 but didn't help. This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0haxasUTOLM shows what it looks when I try to use it. I installed the suite on my Windows 7 laptop and it works, just very slow due to the laptop's specs. I'm pretty much out of ideas and very frustrated about the situation. What can I do to make the program work?
  • grfxman
    Offline / Send Message
    grfxman polycounter lvl 6
    Well I tried to update from within Photoshop and it failed on 2 License files. So now I'm downloading it from the site to try again.
  • grfxman
    Offline / Send Message
    It would be really helpful if you guys had this on a torrent. 1.5 gigs is a bit much on bad internet connections.
  • grimsonfart
    Offline / Send Message
    grimsonfart polycounter lvl 4
    Great too see you added calibration for different engines, not so great too see you did not include CryEngine

I am also having problems with the albedo not showing up properly in 3DO. It looks quiet alot different from what my texture sheet looks. For example, i want to create white scratches on the edges of my rock, it looks fine on the texture, but there is no difference in 3DO, even after updating and re-importing the texture.
  • Electro
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    In 3DO
    Photoshop CS6
    Win 7 64bit

C + Shift + Ctrl click still broken
  • grfxman
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm starting to think this would be much better as a stand alone package. Photoshop seems to bring many issues...
  • grimsonfart
    Offline / Send Message
    grimsonfart polycounter lvl 4
    @grfxman that would be extremely hard and take so much time, because the suite is dependent of Photoshops features. A mod would not work without the game.
  • grfxman
    Offline / Send Message
    C Shift Click DOES NOT Work!! Still. Guys I need a work around for this. I can't be locked out of DDO for another week..
  • AidanPuche
    We have a problem with last version 1.3.

We use Quixel with UnrealEngine4. When we tried a texturing in 1.3, and changing the scale makes the albedo texture disappear.

It's only failed on UE4 and UE4(Optimized)calibration settings. PBR works fine.

One picture:
  • OctoKube
    Offline / Send Message
    OctoKube polycounter lvl 2
    Hey so I purchased the suite but I dont seem to have all of the same windows as plp in the forums or tutorials, do I need to download the beta version or something? I mean I dont even have the basic suite shelf. Ndo and DDO launch in separate windows....

pls help
  • OctoKube
    Offline / Send Message
    ok so im denied access to the installer through the wiki page AND through the - GET BETA - from the home page. I use my user name and password but I get denied access to the page or it says my username is wrong....
  • OctoKube
    Offline / Send Message
    ****** I uninstalled whatever version of ddo ndo I had, even though I have a liscence key for both and a valid user name I cannot access the downloads through any means because the webpage denies access for not being logged in, but I am...I don't know what to say. my USERNAME is onlykube@hotmail.com so anyone from QUIXEL reading this pls ....
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Octokube, I think it's a website error right now, I'm getting it too.
  • OctoKube
    Offline / Send Message
    ok I guess ill wait, I somehow downloaded DDO V5.3 commercial edition...its missing the initial automation hub so it kinda hard to follow tutorials when the windows are different. Thanks Joopson
  • ncompton13
    Offline / Send Message
    ncompton13 polycounter lvl 8
    Running into some issues with V1.2 and was wondering if anyone else was. First one being that every time I try to re-import inputs to dDo, it crashes the suite. The second issue is that whenever I try to use the new calibration setup and export to anything, clicking the export button locks up the software and then crashes. Anyone else running into these issues?
  • akaChris
    Offline / Send Message
    akaChris polycounter lvl 6
    is there a workaround for assigning smart materials not listed in the id link editor?

I tried creating an idmap with all needed colors in it and creating a project, assigning the smart materials within and then using "save preset from document...", then creating a new project with an idmap that contains the same defined colors as before(although just a subset of the number of defined colors), loading the previously saved material preset from disk - but that seems to break it and shuffle a lot of assigned materials/colors around.

anyone any ideas? currently I have around 40 smart material definitions - assigning these for every texture set manually seems really tedious to me

thanks in advance!
  • Gazu
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 11
    When i select UE4 Optimized he only exports me a Normalmap and a Reflection Map.
    Whats with the other Maps for UE4?

And for what is the ReflectionMap? I see no Slot for Reflection C,c
    And how can i create a Roughness Map for UE4 in dDO?
  • cg18
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    Everytime I launch Quixel It asks me to choose photoshop, then it restarts and asks me for photoshop again and again and again :) Can`t run it. Once I`ve managed somehow to bypass it(dont remember how cant do this again :) ), I loaded normal map and it asked me again to choose photoshop and restarted, lol. How to run this? Help :)
    I`ve tried reinstalling everything, didnt helped.

The same happens to me. I just donwload the Beta today, follow instalation instructions, follow first time launch instructions and Quixel suite keeps asking me for Photoshop. I did all the possible combinations to launch without luck. And the time i succeed and try to run dDo, Quixel suite shuts down without error message or anything. If i try to run nDo, keeps asking me for Photoshop even if photoshop is running. I have tried running Photoshop as admin, everything without luck. Please Help.
  • hazzardous
    Since the new Upgrade i have an issue with all materials. When i apply them and use the scale or texture intensity it disappears or better it disables the visibility of the pattern overlay. But when i activate it the texture is still the same scale in albedo, in normal it has the correct scale..

Any ideas?
  • sulky
    Offline / Send Message
    sulky polycounter lvl 7
    Hey guys! When scrolling trough the thread i have seen many times the issue "Add smart material from 3DO is broken" or "c+Shift+click don't work". So i tested many times this issue and for the first several test there was no issue at all the smart material and the shortcut seems to work really good, no crash, no alert message just awesome texturing ! But in one instance it stopped working... and its when you try to add a smart material from inside a folder.

This prompt appear
    quixel_suite.jpg

After answering any answer the "C+SHIFT+CLICK" , "Smart Material", even materials don't work... the only work around i found was to save and restart the Suite everything was back to normal after that.

I hope it help you guys at Quixel, keep up the good work!

Oh if this can help :

Windows 8.1 pro 64bits
    Photoshop CC 2014
  • shoobah
    Stability seems to have improved. But it shuts down if I try to reimport mesh or other inputs.
  • OutOfMyMind
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    cg18 wrote: »
    The same happens to me. I just donwload the Beta today, follow instalation instructions, follow first time launch instructions and Quixel suite keeps asking me for Photoshop. I did all the possible combinations to launch without luck. And the time i succeed and try to run dDo, Quixel suite shuts down without error message or anything. If i try to run nDo, keeps asking me for Photoshop even if photoshop is running. I have tried running Photoshop as admin, everything without luck. Please Help.
    I`ve unistalled CS6, Installed CC free trial, ran Quixel and somehow managed(rage clicking) to download 1.2 and with 1.2 this issue went gone.
  • Flaco
    Offline / Send Message
    Flaco null
    Hey guys I'm a bit confused with the actual maps I get from it. Is the only way to get Diffuse/Spec/etc. to save the photoshop files as targas and what is the difference from a Diffuse and albedo? Also, when plugging it all into marmoset it looks a bit off from the render I get in photoshop, is this an issue from DDo or just playing with the settings in marmoset? Thanks!
  • MeshModeler
    Offline / Send Message
    MeshModeler polycounter lvl 11
    i was reading somewhere that with a hot-key you can get examples of what real world objects the smart materials/ materials are used for?

anyone know what the hot-key is?
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    i was reading somewhere that with a hot-key you can get examples of what real world objects the smart materials/ materials are used for?

anyone know what the hot-key is?

Some of the materials have tooltips that give a little bit of information on how they're used when you hover over them. I think I've only seen it with the plastics though, I don't know if they added more with the recent update. I haven't heard of any hot-keys either.
  • Stargalaxy
    Offline / Send Message
    Stargalaxy polycounter lvl 4
    Hello, ive been following the ddo suite tutorial. But everytime i enter all my maps, normal, object normal etc then choose my materials, its always blank..... ive tried lowering the opacity only to see just the shadow ao map in albedo, ive tried changing the materials colors to see it better, can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? thx
  • Stargalaxy
    Offline / Send Message
    Stargalaxy polycounter lvl 4
    Im getting command errors when ever i try to link my color id map to the respective links. so for example yellow for painted metal etc.
    error message in link below.
    http://gyazo.com/e93eac07d192fbcaa89f43135aef2d6a
  • Scizz
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    You guys have a UE4 template, yet there is still no roughness map input, is the suite intended so users simply invert the gloss map after texturing is done?
  • leslievdb
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    shoobah wrote: »
    Stability seems to have improved. But it shuts down if I try to reimport mesh or other inputs.

i seem to have the same issue when trying to reimport the inputs, it opens the ID texture for a second and then continues to close DDO and the main quixell suite panel
  • essimoon
    Offline / Send Message
    essimoon polycounter lvl 8
    AidanPuche wrote: »
    We have a problem with last version 1.3.

We use Quixel with UnrealEngine4. When we tried a texturing in 1.3, and changing the scale makes the albedo texture disappear.

It's only failed on UE4 and UE4(Optimized)calibration settings. PBR works fine.

One picture:

I have a similar problem like Aidan. No matter what kind of material I add the only output I get is a plain color.
    This example here shows the use with the "Old Brick" material. Nothing changes if I change scale, opacity or texture intensity:
    2kvmv55q.png
  • Gazu
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 11
    Scizz wrote: »
    You guys have a UE4 template, yet there is still no roughness map input, is the suite intended so users simply invert the gloss map after texturing is done?

+1 for this.
    What about the Roughness?
  • darthjosh
    Offline / Send Message
    darthjosh polycounter lvl 3
    I haven't had any errors up until this release. Now I am getting errors when I try to export my maps and when I try to select a material mask in 3do. That doesn't bother me as much as the exporting the texture maps part does. Here is the error I get when I try.

exportError_zpsca1ba6b3.jpg

errorddo_zps4ca8e236.jpg
  • robusni
    Offline / Send Message
    robusni polycounter lvl 2
    The last release (1.3) solved almost all problems I've had with previous releases. Two new problems introduced in latest release is crashing when I start re-importing inputs and strange behavior when curvature map is loaded as input.
    In short, when curvature map is loaded I get strange-incorrect results...does anyone experienced similar stuff?
    Again, big thanks to Quixel for this marvelous app!
  • hooblegooblin
    Offline / Send Message
    hooblegooblin polycounter lvl 5
    I'm loving the new suite so far, it makes texturing so much easier. However, I have encountered a slight problem when using textures generated with Quixel Suite in UE4.

All of the models that I textured with Quixel appear dark, almost black in the UE4 editor viewport. This is not the case with the models I textured using Photoshop/Crazybump. Even placing a point light directly above the Quixel-textured model does not have much effect, while other objects in the environment appear normal.

Quixel-textured grate in UE4 environment: http://i.imgur.com/rCZp4dv.png

Quixel-textured grate in UE4 static mesh viewer: http://i.imgur.com/hHEjlZL.png

Am I doing something incorrectly?
  • commador
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    With 1.2 I still get the set error, and I've noticed it is only happening on materials that aren't present in the application. They are present in the ID links when you first create a project, but they aren't in the materials lists. Glass for instance. If I link something with any of the glass types, I will get the set error, and that corresponding section will be blank. If I select that ID color and choose to apply a material, if I search for glass, nothing is found. So, am I just simply missing those materials? I think resolving that error is as simple as having the material its looking for.
  • zoiid
    Offline / Send Message
    zoiid polycounter lvl 12
    Quixel Suite is greate so far but as soon as i updated to 1.2 "C + Shift + lmb" did not work anymore... I thought maybe i can rollback to 1.1 to get it working again but this also did not fix it... so I reinstalled Photoshop and Quixel Suite but with no change. Does someone have a solution for it? Does Quixel Suite work better with Photoshop CS6 32bit?

My specs:
    Win 8 64bit
    Photoshop CS6 64bit
    Quixel Suite 1.2
  • robusni
    Offline / Send Message
    robusni polycounter lvl 2
    Latest version solved almost all previous problems, but introduced two new: ddo crashes when I re-import inputs and loading custom curvature map makes strange-incorrect results in masks section. The first is not big deal to me, but this wrong curvature interpretation is a pain...does any of you guy experienced this problem?
    Thanks in advance, and big thanks to Quixel team for this marvelous app!
  • hotliver
    From time to time, 3D0 won’t properly read the specular info from Photoshop. I can push hotkey 2 in 3D0 and it does indeed show the correct specular info, but when I go back into shaded mode, specularity is completely hosed. It seems to default to some grey value for the entire object. I hope this is on your shortlist to fix as it is pretty catastrophic. I don’t know how to fix it rather than start over (lost day and half).

It seems to have gotten stuck in this mode after going into the Dynamask Editor, sliding around some values, and not commiting by hitting the X on the top right of the dialog box. I’m not sure if this is what caused the issue, but last thing I remember.

Another time, I loaded a Quixel Suite 1.0 project into Quixel 1.1, and the same thing happened (specular not properly represented in 3D0). I uninstalled 1.1, and re-installed Quixel Suite 1.0 and it fixed the problem.

Cheers,
    Paul

FYI, I am using Photoshop CC with Quixel Suite 1.2. I know this is beta. Thanks for letting us use this product, it's awesome.

I'm trying out 1.2 with Photoshop CC 2014 tonight and I am still unable to apply smart materials via color ID in 3Do. This was a consistent issue for me in 1.0, went away in 1.1 and is now back in 1.2. Major bummer as this is one of my favorite features of Quixel Suite! I'm on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Let me know if you need any more information to help reproduce the issue. :)
  • cerverus94
    Offline / Send Message
    cerverus94 polycounter lvl 10
    I have a problem, 3Do is open in full screen, low resolution
  • alset
    Offline / Send Message
    alset polycounter lvl 6
    Hi,
    I have some issues installing on windows xp 32bit. Is it even possible to run quixel suite on 32 bit system? When I install it and try to run it cannot find the executable files. I've searched the installation directory and these files are missing. Tried several times with different paths - no result.

Any advice?
  • Gheromo
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Bug report:

If photoshop set to full screen (Taskbar is hidden), Quixel suite will keep resetting itself as if its not the app im using now back to photoshop or something, which makes really hard to click on any Suite dropdown menus, and so on, as they close down within a second or two as soon Suite switches to another app, as if I am pressing alt+tab.
  • OutOfMyMind
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    (...)

Boyordo & Zarakun: There is a feature set for seam elimination in the works. Seams can be a problem depending on how a project is UV mapped and baked, but a few features are being added to prevent seam problems in these tricky cases. It is absolutely crucial these features exist, in addition to easily being able to paint masks. I'll let you know when it is in!

(...)

- Teddy
    Is this feature set that you are speaking about already in 1.2 or is being produced? If produced, any ETA on this?
    I`m asking about that because I`ve spent more then 8h learning and trying to manage seams problem in Quixel.
  • ActionDawg
    Offline / Send Message
    ActionDawg greentooth
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious here but how can I add maps to 3DO? I just want to be able to load whatever I want into the diffuse/spec/norm etc slots.
  • MeshModeler
    Offline / Send Message
    MeshModeler polycounter lvl 11
    leleuxart wrote: »
    Some of the materials have tooltips that give a little bit of information on how they're used when you hover over them. I think I've only seen it with the plastics though, I don't know if they added more with the recent update. I haven't heard of any hot-keys either.

Thank you! that's exactly what i was looking for, i was thinking it was a hotkey but i guess its just a hover :)
This discussion has been closed.