Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @somedoggy - I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but maybe it's "Custom loading" you want? if so you can read about it on the wiki! http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=starting3do
  • ActionDawg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ActionDawg greentooth
    @somedoggy - I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but maybe it's "Custom loading" you want? if so you can read about it on the wiki! http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=starting3do
    That's it, thanks!
  • 3DKyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DKyle interpolator
    I seem to be getting this odd error when I look at my model in 3DO, I've tried different models as well as checking each map and even with no maps bar the ID one it still does this. My model also is upside down here even though each model I tried was exported the right way up.

95MCeKS.png?1?8801
  • zoiid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zoiid polycounter lvl 12
    zoiid wrote: »
    Quixel Suite is greate so far but as soon as i updated to 1.2 "C + Shift + lmb" did not work anymore... I thought maybe i can rollback to 1.1 to get it working again but this also did not fix it... so I reinstalled Photoshop and Quixel Suite but with no change. Does someone have a solution for it? Does Quixel Suite work better with Photoshop CS6 32bit?

My specs:
    Win 8 64bit
    Photoshop CS6 64bit
    Quixel Suite 1.2

So got it working again... I unistalled Photoshop and Quixel Suite again but this time I also went through all the folders related to Quixel Suite and deleted everything in them. After the new installation it was working.
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    I believe the new 1.2 update has a bug when reimporting inputs. every time i try this it crashes ddo (or at least i think it does since it closes everything but 3do) anyone else getting this? also one of my projects suddenly got purple tint to the whole thing with transparency and wont go away. it was in version 1.1 i haven't tried it on 1.2
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @marsassassin Have you tried downloading one of the sample projects from the wiki page to see if you get the same error?

http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php

@yeluis - the reimport error is a known bug and a fix is being worked on! Anybody else having purple tint issues? does it go away after a restart?
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    I seem to be getting this odd error when I look at my model in 3DO, I've tried different models as well as checking each map and even with no maps bar the ID one it still does this. My model also is upside down here even though each model I tried was exported the right way up.
    I get this white/blue stuff in 3do with 1.2 as well — however, resizing the 3do window fixes it, and render outputs are not affected.

Also found a bug: If you have a group of materials (say a smart material) and you toggle one of the layers inside that material off, when you go up a layer and then re-enter that group, the layer you toggled off is turned back on.
    yeluis wrote: »
    I believe the new 1.2 update has a bug when reimporting inputs. every time i try this it crashes ddo (or at least i think it does since it closes everything but 3do) anyone else getting this?
    Yes.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys,

Thanks for the reports and updated feedback, we currently are trying to finish up a new update with some hot fixes as well as features for you guys.

Thanks for the patience.
  • 3DKyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DKyle interpolator
    I got my problem fixed, I just reinstalled the whole thing and re-installed it, think it's because I moved the original file location so it kept installing two instances and messed it up.
  • alset
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alset polycounter lvl 6
    alset wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have some issues installing on windows xp 32bit. Is it even possible to run quixel suite on 32 bit system? When I install it and try to run it cannot find the executable files. I've searched the installation directory and these files are missing. Tried several times with different paths - no result.

Any advice?

Guys - any help? I really need this to work.
  • Viennapaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've the same problem as JohanL.
    I can't get 3Do to preview the mesh or even update the textures created with ddo. I just have the basic grey sphere in 3DO.

Tried it with different triangulated meshes. Also with the sample helmet Scene from quixel (http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddo_samples)
    .but I can't get it to preview.

I've Photoshop CC 2014 (2014.0.0), Quixel Suite 1.2, latest graphic drivers and Windows 8.1

On two other workstations without windows 8.1 and photoshop CC it is working without problems. Could it be that 3Do isn't working on Windows 8.1 with PS CC 2014?

Thanks in advance,
    Günther
  • SergOrc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SergOrc polycounter lvl 3
    Hi. In the last update 1.1 was found the bug.
    When we push reimport inputs, quixel crashes without any warning.
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    grfxman polycounter lvl 6
    Where can I find this Hot Fix I keep hearing about?? Also somewhere there is a folder with preferences that is not stored in the install folder. I know this because when I wipe Quixel and re-install it remembers the last project I opened. I have a strange feeling if I find this folder and delete it I can get rid of that bug where it asked my for Photoshop's Location every time.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone for the very speedy reports!

We've now pushed out a new build with a truck load of stability + bug fixes, hopefully also addressing what broke in the last release. You'll also find a number of new features & upgrades that should improve the DDO workflow:

13.jpg

marsassassin: I've seen this happening a few times too. It can usually be fixed by resizing 3DO. It's a bug in Unity's renderer that can pop up when maximizing the window. Let me know if resizing does anything for you!

robusni, yeluis & SergOrc: Thank you for the report. This should now have been fixed in the latest release. Let me know if it persists!

Viennapaint: 3DO will run on both W8.1 and CC 2014. Please feel free to upload the mesh that is causing the issue and I will have a look right away to track this issue down.

alset: As of 1.2 the installer should now also install on 32 bit systems, before this it was restricted to 64 bit. Is the latest installer still not installing the files properly for you?

Bek: Good find. I will fix this in the next build.

Gheromo: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. There is currently 1 work around for this: in the DDO UI dropdown, check "Topmost" -- this will prevent app Z fighting issues.

OutOfMyMind: Seam termination is an upcoming feature. Sit tight!

hooblegooblin: Thanks for the screens! The UE4 calibration profiles have all been updated in this latest 1.3 release -- are you still getting this issue?

hotliver: Sorry for the frustration. I was trouble shooting this the other day with another artist and we found a quick-fix: in your preview folder inside your project destination, there is likely a scrap metalness map lying around (_BaseMaterial_m.jpg or the like) -- delete this map and 3DO will not override loading the specular. I have still not found what is causing the issue, this is the workaround in the interim nonetheless.

Thanks again everyone!
    - Teddy

zoiid & blumoon: Much obliged -- the 3DO shift click should now be working for everyone once and for all as of 1.3. Fingers crossed.
  • 3DKyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DKyle interpolator
    Hey Teddy, I managed to fix it by just reinstalling it.

However I'm back because 1.3 has a error for me, if I go to 3DOs custom launcher it just crashes.
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    grfxman polycounter lvl 6
    3DO Shift Click Not working Photoshop 64 bit windows 7 pro
  • akaChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akaChris polycounter lvl 6
    with 1.3 (updated via the button in the suite itself) the interface (N,D,M/3 bar) just reloads itself when clicking on N or D. ndo and ddo won't start for me anymore. does 1.3 require a clean install or anything like that?
  • JohanL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys.

I do realize I posted this problem befor but I didn't really get an answer and I've tried everything.

3DO won't display any of my textures from a project and it won't load any of my meshes, even if I don't load any costum mesh it will just display blank on the default cube. Textures and meshes works with the costum loader but only if I load a map from a file and not from a project. This goes for both costum meshes and the default cube/sphere and what not.

I also sent the files to a friend and it worked fine for him.
  • Kyuzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
    from version to version have same problem:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8syZXY4uR4yVFNwdFEzQzVBcW8/edit?usp=sharing

combined mesh with huge amount of parts, DDO ask maps for 6 parts of 28, they are combined by DDO with some logic, but... erm, single small mesh, 6 maps.. rly? There are should be an option to set single texture set for entire mesh, no matter how much parts it have
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo wrote: »
    from version to version have same problem:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8syZXY4uR4yVFNwdFEzQzVBcW8/edit?usp=sharing

combined mesh with huge amount of parts, DDO ask maps for 6 parts of 28, they are combined by DDO with some logic, but... erm, single small mesh, 6 maps.. rly? There are should be an option to set single texture set for entire mesh, no matter how much parts it have
    if you are exporting from maya make sure your obj settings have groups turned to off. also I have found that whatever your mesh name is at the time of export it is what ddo will link the material to. so if you go back make changes that make the mesh name change your mat connection will break. you should be able to keep all your pieces seperate as long as you turn off groups on export
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im not sure how to have multiple projects loaded at once and having them all be displayed simultaneously. also if you begin a project with a single material but you have multiple pieces is there a way to later on add the maps to generate a project for those pieces or can this only be made at the beginning of a new project? the tool tip on multiple projects talks about being able to just quickly generate several of them at once but nothing about whether they should display together if the mesh allows for that.

for example i have a char and he has an accesory, i have exported them together as one obj in a way so when i start the project i get options to input maps for both pieces. but i can only have one of the projects displayed onto the mesh so the other part goes into the chrome ball. if i swap tabs and force update the previously chromed piece now displays correctly except the old parts that were showing fine now go into chrome.

Id love a way for being able to display both at the same time even though you're only editing one atm. i also want to be able to load in a project later if I choose so long as my mesh supports another mat id.

does this make sense?
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohanL wrote: »
    Hey Guys.

I do realize I posted this problem befor but I didn't really get an answer and I've tried everything.

3DO won't display any of my textures from a project and it won't load any of my meshes, even if I don't load any costum mesh it will just display blank on the default cube. Textures and meshes works with the costum loader but only if I load a map from a file and not from a project. This goes for both costum meshes and the default cube/sphere and what not.

I also sent the files to a friend and it worked fine for him.

hey man try the fix i posted above. any results with that?>
  • Electro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    3DO shift click works now thanks :)

Had to close the suite, now it won't load again, at all. Any ideas?

edit: loads again after reboot
  • Runon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Runon polycounter lvl 10
    qHWCd1c86wYB+SCMvIoMu4oMs5oNNba5fEEqq6urq6u7kpf6uvrr127dvv2bbPZPHbO4f8DQax33EjfP6cAAAAASUVORK5CYII= I can not open DDO NDO 3DO when i update to new version
    and always thinking....does anyone known how to fix this ?
    mAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
  • ghaztehschmexeh
    My 3DO is now (since the update) using 1.7GB of ram with just a basic model with 4k base textures on. It runs really badly. I can upload my dxdiag if that helps.

Edit: it's up to 2.5GB usage now. It locks my computer up. Here is my dxdiag. This is with a basic PBR setup with only base materials.
  • IZZE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IZZE polycounter lvl 8
    Very nice update! Much more stable. C+Shift works great! Look forward to any further improvements. Appreciate all the hard work.
  • jan19
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with IZZE, on all counts. :-)

You all nailed it, with build 1.3.

One thing...I reported this to support...Mud from Above and Mud from Below may be switched -- the names, I mean. Minor issue though. :-)

Wonderful new materials, too. Thank you!
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    When using cross-app mode with TB2, it seems toggling cross-app off does not work. To return to photoshop you have to close dDo (or the whole suite if you unchecked Hide Photoshop when starting cross-app mode). This is only with fuse apps enabled, so.. intended?

Also, in dynamask it seems changing the blending mode (of a texture layer at least) always reverts to vivid light?

Seems that applying the material 'Dried Mud' doesn't apply the surface textures anymore.
  • Kyuzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
    yeluis wrote: »
    if you are exporting from maya make sure your obj settings have groups turned to off. also I have found that whatever your mesh name is at the time of export it is what ddo will link the material to. so if you go back make changes that make the mesh name change your mat connection will break. you should be able to keep all your pieces seperate as long as you turn off groups on export

oh, okay, it worked, thank you
  • Viennapaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks teddybergsman,

as I said, I've used the helmet from your quixel sample scenes.
    Here is the download link: http://d85clmw03d1co.cloudfront.net/suite/DDO_SDK_Helmet.rar

On my win8.1 and PS CC2014 workstation, I can't get 3Do to display the mesh or texture.
    On two other workstations with win 7 and PS CC, the mesh and texture preview is working without problems.

Thanks for your help. I would realy love to work with this awesome software.
  • akaChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    even after removing and re-installing, I can't get the Suite to work anymore. I`m stuck at the Quixel suite bar and it just reloads the bar when clicking on ndo or ddo, when trying to load 3do it states: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8002801D): Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))

After rolling back to 1.2, every time I click on ndo or ddo via the menu bar, I get the updater window... *shrug*

(clearing PS cache/temp folders did not help, also removing everything manually from quixel folders to regedit entries didn't help either)

I`m currently using CC 2014. Do I have to downgrade PS to get it to work again?
  • OlaHaldor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OlaHaldor polycounter lvl 4
    Newbie problem... I can't for the life of me get my 3D models to load in DDO/3DO. I've tried exporting from LightWave and modo. Object Normals is selected for the OBJ exporter, but the objects don't appear in 3DO.
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    My 3DO is now (since the update) using 1.7GB of ram with just a basic model with 4k base textures on. It runs really badly. I can upload my dxdiag if that helps.

Edit: it's up to 2.5GB usage now. It locks my computer up. Here is my dxdiag. This is with a basic PBR setup with only base materials.
    Got the same thing, 2gb with 4k res. Enabling preview res on 1/4 brings ram usage to 800mb.

Can you add Smooth Tesselation(now is displacement) to 3do?
    Once you start working in full renderer resolution there is no option to go back working at 50%, can you add that?

But to be honest the only thing I really miss is Seams terminator, looking forward to see it. Awsome software!
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone! Gotta love software development; fixes everything for some, breaks everything for others. D:

Perhaps one common issue could be installing the update in a new location instead of the original one? The updater only downloads part of the suite files (to keep the update speedy and to the point), so if installed to a new directory, missing files could be causing a lot of issues. It's super dumb of me not to do a check in the installer, so I will make sure to fix this ASAP.

TLDR; install the updates in the original install directory and it should hopefully shield you from issues.

akaChris: Thanks for the report. The "libnotregistered" message could be due to the Suite not knowing which PS to connect to since you changed versions. Try either of the following: run PS CC 2014 as admin once (this will make it the active PS version in the windows registry), or, in the suite menu dropdown, click "Set explicit Photoshop version..." and browse to the CC 2014 install. Do any of these things help? Thanks again.

ghaztehschmexeh: Sorry about this -- this is really strange, the 3DO component has not been changed since 1.2.

marsassassin: My apologies! This can be fixed by first launching 3DO once. I'll fix this bug in the next release!

yeluis: Support for managing multiple projects and previewing them at the same time is a planned feature. For now there are two workflows that might help: 1) exporting each asset as a subgroup in the same mesh should do the trick, 2) Using TB2 as the previewing component helps with this too, and it handles scenes really nicely.

Bek: Thank you! I am looking into these issues now. The cross-app options were thoroughly tested before the release so it could be a little tricky to find what is causing the issue, but I'm on it.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    - Teddy
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    Any word on a roughness map output? Maybe on export have the suite invert the gloss automatically or something?
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    What settings for OBJ export from 3ds Max do you use? Whatever settings I use I'm still getting totally faced model in 3DO. Also do you plan to add support for FBX format?
  • vertigo__
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertigo__ polycounter lvl 11
    scizz last couple updates included roughness output.
    I was wondering if i should be getting a similar result in ue4 as I do in the 3do previewer. I was kind of hoping for that. Maybe someone can mock up a material that will behave more like that when you directly input those maps? Here is the test I am working on: ewosl_62.jpg

seems to be coming along nicely :>
    cheers.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz: Roughness is automatically output depending on the calibration profile; the Disney PBR and UE4 profiles for instance both convert gloss to roughness.

final_flight: Currently the mesh needs triangulation (unless you haven't already), and normals should be checked. I'm not too well versed with 3dsmax, hopefully another Max user could have some more useful tips for you if these don't help. Feel free to upload the model here and I'll have a look! FBX support is likely going to make it in, perhaps not during beta but likely down the line.

OutOfMyMind: I've made a few attempts at tessellation and will make a few more, the Unity renderer has been a bit unwilling. It will make it in though, I personally miss this feature dearly. It should be possible to set work resolution in the Reimporter (second shelf button in 1.3) to downsize the project at any time.

- Teddy
  • akaChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @teddy: setting photoshop explicitly didn't work but running ps as admin did solve it. thanks!
  • Algetty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't get DDO or 3DO to work at all.

Upon trying to put an ID map into DDO I am greeted with the following error message:

CefnAUD.jpg

Then, after importing a mesh and clicking "Create Base" the error message appears again then the program closes. Importing a map other than an ID map does not make the error message appear but it does when I try to create a base.

Furthermore, when I import a model into 3DO using the custom model importer, the program acts as if I have not imported anything and the button in 3DO is still greyed out.

I have attempted several solutions suggested earlier in the thread such as re-installing Photoshop, running it as an admin, re-installing the Quixel Suite and re-installing the Microsoft .NET framework. I still have the issue.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Is there a workflow with more CGish approach which is compatible with DDO? By this I mean ability to save "low-poly" model curved areas, so it won't look like a game model, and bake beveled edges of high-poly for DDO to work with. If there is such tutorial, please, point me to it.
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    - Smart materials sometimes "eat"(moves material to its group) materials from albedo tab. Stylized metal "ate" my Rust material. Pretty annoying bug.
    - Hiding material in albedo tab not always hide it in other channels(molybdenum).
    - I got these lines at the edges in 3do(these are not seams) while in Unity these not appear(also these not appear with a quixel texture). These do not displace texture but are still visible in 3do.
    xVBpOMy.jpg?1gsJ1Zsm.jpg
  • Mant1k0re
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mant1k0re polycounter lvl 8
    Teyon wrote: »
    Where do we find the Photoshop swatches for the color ID in the suite or is that not included yet/anymore?

Anyone care to answer this basic question? I've been looking everywhere but it's nowhere to be found for me either. It's driving me nuts.
  • Kyuzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
    one more question about calibration profiles, what it actually is? simple set of values that spec/gloss/diff etc tweaked for engine or something else?

Will we have option to add our own profile to use with in-house engine?
  • jasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jasong polycounter lvl 10
    I have a problem with the Suite not being able to run because of my company's firewall (this also happens with the legacy version of dDo.). To add a firewall exception my company requires information such as where exactly the Suite is trying to connect. I'm guessing they're looking for server info such as the port number and IP address.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated. Thanks!
  • boumay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boumay polycounter lvl 6
    I was wondering if that was fixed, it seems not.
    when using hard surfaces like a box for example, the dirt/scratches/etc effects are mainly applied from one direction only, I would like to have it on all the edges of the box.
    Also there is kind of a big bleeding blotches on the box corners, which correspond to the direction it is starting from btw.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    boumay, that's not a ddo error. You should use the dynamask editor (click on a material's mask in the ddo window) and customise the mask. Presets can only do so much. Second image looks like a typical UV seam error. If not the mask must be applying there for some reason.
  • boumay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boumay polycounter lvl 6
    Bek wrote: »
    boumay, that's not a ddo error. You should use the dynamask editor (click on a material's mask in the ddo window) and customise the mask. Presets can only do so much. Second image looks like a typical UV seam error. If not the mask must be applying there for some reason.

Thank you for answering.
    But I tried to tweak the mask by hand, without success, the phenomena us repeating itself. It seems that the effects are applied depending on your original uv layout/normals/or else?
    I'm new to uv unwrapping so I could miss a lot of basics regarding that.
    Btw can you explain what you mean by uv seam error?
    Thank you.
  • ghaztehschmexeh

ghaztehschmexeh: Sorry about this -- this is really strange, the 3DO component has not been changed since 1.2.

Come to think of it I haven't really used the suite since 1.2 so it could be from that update. Using cross-app mode works fine.
  • IZZE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IZZE polycounter lvl 8
    NM, Stupid question. Removing the noise.
This discussion has been closed.