Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks Ryan for your input, I guess I need to hunker down and really learn how to manipulate the Dynamask window. :)
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Photoshop CC 14.2.1 x64, Windows 7 SP1. Materials don't appear in manager:

Clipboard.png

Setting 3DO.exe, DDO.exe, NDO.exe and SUITE.exe to run as admin doesn't help. Tabbing doesn't help too.
  • circle of friends
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    circle of friends polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks Ryan for your answer concerning alpha sorting. I think you're right about people wanting 3DO as a renderer. Frankly for me it does the job enough to make my models look good so I'd love to just keep it all in the Quixel suite without having to take my maps out and then change materials because they inevitably look different. Making the 3DO renderer a bit more complete in those respects would be a really good move.

Edit: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Long shot but try clicking the "ddo" button on the mini toolbar again and it might load them in
  • JohanL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @JohanL Did you center your mesh to the world and reset the xform? Can you upload your mesh somewhere and I can take a look at it?

Mesh is centered and reseted, I'm using Maya btw.

Just for clarification. This is how 3DO looks after I've loaded everything in dDo, it simply won't recognize that there is a custom mesh.

0lo0KNq.png

here's the mesh

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jauw4gkhow301mz/wall_low.obj

Thanks Ryan!
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohanL wrote: »
    Mesh is centered and reseted, I'm using Maya btw.

Just for clarification. This is how 3DO looks after I've loaded everything in dDo, it simply won't recognize that there is a custom mesh.

0lo0KNq.png

here's the mesh

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jauw4gkhow301mz/wall_low.obj

Thanks Ryan!

So you where trying to just use 3do as a viewer versus using it within DDO now this makes more sense. So you have to load the mesh using the 3DO loader for it to show up as a standalone viewer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11694165/johan.png
  • JohanL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So you where trying to just use 3do as a viewer versus using it within DDO now this makes more sense. So you have to load the mesh using the 3DO loader for it to show up as a standalone viewer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11694165/johan.png

No, I'm trying to use it to preview my work in dDo ^^
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Johan I had no problems loading this in DDO either using the Quixel Suite beta... what version are you using?
  • JohanL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm using 1.1

The Custom loader doesn't seem to work either. My other project works fine though...

Tried reinstalling but the issue remains =/
  • Chicken Dip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chicken Dip polycounter lvl 8
    is it just me or is quixel suite missing the color swatch for 3ds max?
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When assigning reflectance I have 3 aluminum and 2 steel, all 5 have different color id's, the steel color id's are side by side each other, but still clearly different colors.
    When Suite loads up all the maps it creates a new layer called Steel and the mask is the combination of the 2 separate steel layers and it has created a new material inside the folder for them too.
    Is this part of the program??
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well just when things couldn't get more interesting I am now receiving this error message whenever I adjust any sliders in the mask panel...virtually making the program unusable because it completely locks up.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Darkedge I have no clue what you are trying to ask here, can you formulate this a little better so it is more understanding? The image and what you wrote is all over the place. Sorry trying to help you but can't understand what the problem is or what you are trying to do.
  • Scoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the image failure, Ryan. a restart solved the problem. My new problem is DDO dying on me when I try to load the color ID Map. Win 8.1, Photoshop CC 2014. I'll see if the upcoming update fixes this.
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Darkedge I have no clue what you are trying to ask here, can you formulate this a little better...

Well my good man that's because if I were in school and not a working professional they would probably call it Attention Deficient Disorder! :poly142:

This is a queer little thing and hard to describe so I'll give it a whack again. On the left you can see my color id map, the numbers correspond to the PS layers on the right. See how the masks match the color id map numbers?
    Color id map numbers 2 and 3 are both steel, they are both next to each other and they are clearly different id colors, you can also see 2 and 3 are next to each other in the PS layers panel.
    dDo has created a rogue ninja all by itself (top right). The rogue ninja mask is the equivalent of layers 2 and 3. I did not create this layer, dDo did (say that 5 times fast).

So I guess my questions are:
    1. Is the rogue ninja layer supposed to be created by dDo?
    2. Why didn't dDo create other rogue layers for color id map numbers 4 and 5. They are side by side in the color map and they both are aluminum.

Please don't take this as a complaint, I'm just clarifying is all. I can kind of see how/why dDo did this is because they are both of the same reflectance and by chance I color map/reflectance assign "picked" them one after the other so they would be side by side in the PS layers. However it does make for a little more work to isolate the reflectance colors like I wanted (color id map on left).

Regards
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge wrote: »
    Well my good man that's because if I were in school and not a working professional they would probably call it Attention Deficient Disorder! :poly142:

This is a queer little thing and hard to describe so I'll give it a whack again. On the left you can see my color id map, the numbers correspond to the PS layers on the right. See how the masks match the color id map numbers?
    Color id map numbers 2 and 3 are both steel, they are both next to each other and they are clearly different id colors, you can also see 2 and 3 are next to each other in the PS layers panel.
    dDo has created a rogue ninja all by itself (top right). The rogue ninja mask is the equivalent of layers 2 and 3. I did not create this layer, dDo did (say that 5 times fast).

So I guess my questions are:
    1. Is the rogue ninja layer supposed to be created by dDo?
    2. Why didn't dDo create other rogue layers for color id map numbers 4 and 5. They are side by side in the color map and they both are aluminum.

Please don't take this as a complaint, I'm just clarifying is all. I can kind of see how/why dDo did this is because they are both of the same reflectance and by chance I color map/reflectance assign "picked" them one after the other so they would be side by side in the PS layers. However it does make for a little more work to isolate the reflectance colors like I wanted (color id map on left).

Regards

It is not a big deal just wanted to make sure I understood what you are trying to figure out. When you setup the project do you have the create base layers option checked? This option will automaticly create a layer for each color in the id map for you.

fetch.php?media=basecreatoroptions.jpg
  • Chicken Dip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, I keep having this error when i try changing the mask on preset materials

7Wqzt1e.jpg
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ChickenDip You are having the same issue many people are getting, as mentioned in this thread we are working on trying to work on some fixes this week that might help solve this issue.
  • longhairprod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    longhairprod polycounter lvl 3
    Hello,

I'm currently working on a couple of assets for school and the 3do viewer just went full screen on me. The only way I can get back to NDO and PS is by hitting the Windows Key. Did I hit a hotkey? I looked at the 3do options but there's nothing mentioning a full screen mode. Thanks!
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,

I'm currently working on a couple of assets for school and the 3do viewer just went full screen on me. The only way I can get back to NDO and PS is by hitting the Windows Key. Did I hit a hotkey? I looked at the 3do options but there's nothing mentioning a full screen mode. Thanks!

You probably hit the default windows hot key to fullscreen. We do not have a hotkey to full screen the window inside of 3DO. Just close 3DO and you should be fine again once you disable windows fullscreen mode.
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Ryan, yes the Create Base Layers was checked.
    So I unchecked it and loaded everything as before and now it only creates 1 PS layer called steel (attached - color id 2 and 3) and it doesn't create the ones for aluminum at all (color id's 1, 4 and 5).
    Please refer to previous attachment color id numbers.

Thinking this is a glitch I reset my computer completely and Suite only created one layer again.
  • longhairprod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    longhairprod polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for the quick reply, Ryan, worked like a dream and now I'm back to work.
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Ryan, I think I know what's going on here bud. "Some" of my colors are not from the dDo swatch and that must be where it's going wrong.
  • zacvrono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zacvrono polycounter lvl 4
    fOKz9U7.png
    i have no idea whats going on. it worked the 1st time i launched it, then this everytime since then. if i load a custom mesh or a premade on like the cube they are all solid black with no light. I have relaunched everything several times and all that stuff even removed the recent update and re-applied it.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening? im using window 8 on the surface pro 2. the marmoset works find and I have never had a problem like this before.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What is the video cards in the surface pro 2? Intel?
  • Chicken Dip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, apparently if you bring up your History States to 1000 under performance it doesn't give the error as much. could just be coincidence
  • Electro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    Did anyone find a fix/workaround for c+shift+click in 3DO not working?
    Used to work in the previous version, but isn't for me for some reason in 1.1

Running Win7 64bit, Photoshop CS6
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Same thing in CS6: maps and materials don't appear in manager. Also Shift+C+Mouse click doesn't work. Reinstalling Suite changes nothing.
    Clipboard.png
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    Everytime I launch Quixel It asks me to choose photoshop, then it restarts and asks me for photoshop again and again and again :) Can`t run it. Once I`ve managed somehow to bypass it(dont remember how cant do this again :) ), I loaded normal map and it asked me again to choose photoshop and restarted, lol. How to run this? Help :)
    I`ve tried reinstalling everything, didnt helped.
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    launch Quixel Suite without Photoshop! And it will run it itself.
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo wrote: »
    launch Quixel Suite without Photoshop! And it will run it itself.
    Thats what I`m doing. I ran Quixel, it runs PS and asks for PS to choose. If i click abort it closes, if I choose PS it restarts and asks for PS again.
  • Ingsoc75
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ingsoc75 polycounter lvl 5
    What is the DDO workflow for updating normal maps created in NDO?
  • Ingsoc75
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ingsoc75 polycounter lvl 5
    Also, my co-worker installed the suite and he can't get his OBJ files to load in 3DO. I even had him try an OBJ that works in my suite but no luck.
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    grfxman polycounter lvl 6
    So I'm pretty much locked out of Quixel until the update. Any chance of getting that today???
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Everytime I launch Quixel It asks me to choose photoshop, then it restarts and asks me for photoshop again and again and again :) Can`t run it. Once I`ve managed somehow to bypass it(dont remember how cant do this again :) ), I loaded normal map and it asked me again to choose photoshop and restarted, lol. How to run this? Help :)
    I`ve tried reinstalling everything, didnt helped.
    I just installed 1.1 and i get the same thing + i have to reboot system everytime i want to launch Quixel.
    I`m a technical guy and that the first time i use any beta and i have a bug that i cannot bypass :) seriously, whats wrong? Tried this with CS6 and CC free trial, all behave in a same way.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    I finally got a few hours to tinker with the Quixel suite.

Not sure if this is reported yet or not, but the "Always on Top" UI option is problematic. It currently sets the current photoshop DOCUMENT to always be on top, not just the Quixel UI--which results in any and all photoshop messaging being lost behind document windows, and impossible to switch to...that means everything from new doc windows to "you have nothing selected" windows, stroke outlining, filters, levels, etc. etc.

More than once I've thought I Quixel had frozen photoshop when it was actually just hiding prompts. Fun stuff.

Anyway, figured I should just drop that in here. I'm having fun tinkering with the toolset though. Goodluck with the beta, Quixel folks!
  • doomstagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This seems to be something that has happened to a number of people. I've read through the thread, and didn't see any fixes.

1: the base model I load into Suite is not visible in the 3DO preview.

2: 3DO is not previewing anything I do in DDO. Not even on the default 3DO meshes.

3. DDO fails to load the DDO Project data from a loaded DDO project... for the Albedo term. BUT it does load the DDO layers for AO, Gloss, Normal and Specular. Then when I click on force-refresh it gives me the below error.
    suiteError.PNG

What is causing 3DO to not be linked? Note: Suite was working beautifully for me last week.

I'm on Win8 with Adobe CC.
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I`ve just for the first time textured a model with quixel and i must say I`m stunned how good it is, smart materials are mind blowing. I`ve been testing Substance designer and painter for a week or two and its good software but does not compare to Quixel.
  • doomstagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doomstagg wrote: »
    This seems to be something that has happened to a number of people. I've read through the thread, and didn't see any fixes.

1: the base model I load into Suite is not visible in the 3DO preview.

2: 3DO is not previewing anything I do in DDO. Not even on the default 3DO meshes.

3. DDO fails to load the DDO Project data from a loaded DDO project... for the Albedo term. BUT it does load the DDO layers for AO, Gloss, Normal and Specular. Then when I click on force-refresh it gives me the below error.
    suiteError.PNG

What is causing 3DO to not be linked? Note: Suite was working beautifully for me last week.

I'm on Win8 with Adobe CC.

PROTIP to anyone getting the above symptoms... TRIANGULATE YO' MESH! ( I also set all the exe's to run as admin, but really didnt get any results until my source model was proper. I feel dumb.):thumbup:

Quixel, hat's off. This is my favorite tool ever.
  • izzir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    izzir polycounter lvl 4
    Hi guys, I've been using Quixel Suite for a while now and for some strange reason the program is having trouble all the time.

If I simply try to use a mask or change the preview size the "Error 8800" is coming. Anyone has this problem ?

I found some thread about that on Google but Quixel delete them on their website.

Thanks.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reports guys we are working on a new build as mentioned above and it is just about ready and should be released any day now so. Let's hold tight and then see if the new build fixes your current issues. If not please report them to us and we can put them on the new fix list. Thanks!
  • giug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I`m having a problem with the upgrade 1.1. I bought the freelance version and after the upgrade the program crash every time I start it, Megascan is out of order all the time even in the version 1.0 I`m running the suite with photoshop CS6 and windows 7, I try also with the photoshop CC doesn`t crash but megascan is deactivate.
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    just one thing I would like to tell you : I noticed there is a small bug that I experienced once : apparently DDO is unable to generate the mask preview when I want to edit the mask, that is probably because I moved the old work to in the new work which it did cause an error in the name files and layers, the name files are no problem since I renamed them but the names layers is an other problem... might be that problem ? :o
  • cromadbomber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cromadbomber polycounter lvl 10
    So I posted this a while back in the support thread but no one responded.

Basically in 3D0 when I want to assign a new material shift+click does nothing.

It worked 1.0 perfectly fine so I thought maybe uninstalling Suite and installing version 1.0 without updating it would solve the problem. But when I re installed the problem was still there. I read somewhere that checking Open Documents as tabs would solve that problem but sadly I am using CS3 version which does not have that option. Also just in case to let you know it is not because my maps are wrong or something. I also tried opening AK file and Helmet file just in case and the error is still there.

Also I forgot to say.
    If I pre-assign the materials in the project setup they just wont properly assign. I always get some error this function is not available in photoshop.
  • shoobah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is there anyone who has this software working at all? I cannot get it to work properly and there are so many bugs that it is unusable in its current state. I know it's the beta version I'm using but this feels more like a pre alpha thing.

Running Photoshop CC 2014 x64, Win 8.1, Nvidia GTX 760, latest drivers.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    Anyone know of the ndo in Quixel Suite will work with maps created with the old ndo2 with out causing any issues and still being interactive?
  • demilich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demilich polycounter lvl 8
    I have been running into some issues with Ddo.
    When I click on Create base these two error messages pop up. Any idea what this might be or what is causing it?
    My loaded mesh is triangulated, not sure if I'm missing anything else.
    All of loaded maps are 16 bit tiffs.
    I have made sure all of the .exes are running with administrator privelages.

Thanks.
  • vbitjp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello.

I have a question about the license. My company is the game development. We already have two licenses of NDO2 which you developed, and we would like to use your software for our game development. Should we put the logos of your company or products on the TELOP in the game which we developed when we use your software?
    Please tell me about this question.

Thanks
  • vbitjp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello.

I have a question about the license. My company is the game development. We already have two commercial licenses of NDO2 which you developed, and we would like to use your software for our game development. Should we put the logos of your company or products on the TELOP in the game which we developed when we use your software?

Regards
  • vbitjp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello.

I have a question about the license. My company is the game development. We already have two commercial licenses of NDO2 which you developed, and we would like to use your software for our game development. Should we put the logos of your company or products on the TELOP in the game which we developed when we use your software?

Regards
  • Kharn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kharn polycounter lvl 8
    hey guys,

Finally got round to trying out DDo, but I'm having a problem with the texture details.
    Everything seems to be set up right in the PS document but the "Overlay Pattern" (where the surface textures are stored) isnt active the eye is not there and it's grey out in the layer styles window. I'm using CS5 on Vista (yeah I know, I know).
This discussion has been closed.