Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• CoD67
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CoD67 polycounter lvl 10
    Just one quick question , Will this Quixel Suite available on Steam when it's released ? I'd love to have it on steam .
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    CoD67 wrote: »
    Just one quick question , Will this Quixel Suite available on Steam when it's released ? I'd love to have it on steam .

What advantage is there to that? They are selling from their site, and accept all the same paymeant options as steam.
  • CoD67
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CoD67 polycounter lvl 10
    passerby wrote: »
    What advantage is there to that? They are selling from their site, and accept all the same paymeant options as steam.
    Well , I got some fine ammount of money stuck in my steam wallet from selling stuff on the steam market . So I can take the benefit of that money by buying the Quixel Suite
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Im really impressed with ddo and the suite. One thing has been bugging me, is there a tutorial somewhere to show how to use the suite in its entirety? for example can I use ndo, draw some shapes and process them to the normal map of a material in ddo and see it update in 3do? I cant figure out any easy way of doing this, I always edit my input normals and then rerender inputs just to use ndo :(
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    CoD67 wrote: »
    Well , I got some fine ammount of money stuck in my steam wallet from selling stuff on the steam market . So I can take the benefit of that money by buying the Quixel Suite

And how would that benefit Quixel? Since valve takes there % where if they use their own store, it only comes down to hosting costs.
  • Jenoku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jenoku polycounter lvl 8
    Hey all, having a problem with my Quixel suite and Photoshop, whenever I click to load the suite it starts to load, then does nothing. I have tried reinstalling both Quixel Suite and Photoshop and nothing is working :/

It was working yesterday, but suddenly its just broken, not sure why :/ I'm using photoshop CC .

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • jan19
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What happened to the c - shift/click to access the id map/material zones?

Is there a new shortcut?

That was one of my favorite features.

Edit: Ok, now it's working. C-shift/click

Guess DDO had to warm up or something.

Anyway, thanks for the update -- I love the new materials!
  • jan19
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This update is really pretty amazing.

The materials are fabulous!!!

I can see improvement in memory usage...and the c/shift-click shortcut IS working. :-)

Thank you, Quixel!!!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    passerby wrote: »
    And how would that benefit Quixel? Since valve takes there % where if they use their own store, it only comes down to hosting costs.

I think they were talking about earning cash and then buying themselves a quixel licence.

I still dont have any answers to my questions - anyone know how to edit normal maps with ndo on the fly while using ddo?
  • AppleRaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    preset doesn't work
  • pasha_sevez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    Guys, I faced one very-very bad problem with new Quixel toolset. I've been working on my textures in DDO for few days. And at some point I started force rebuilding of all textures, because I've changed some id map colors. Suddenly BSOD interrupted this process - most probably it was not somehow connected with toolset working. But the problem appeared a bit later - I COULDN'T LOAD MY PROJECT! I've opened xml file in text editor and with terror discovered that all project setting setting, materials - EVERYTHING GONE! Only 404 kilobytes on "NUL" characters! Although all psd filed remained intact, unfortunately, I couldn't accomplish my asset without any way to modify materials, masks...
    So I beg Quixel devs to implement project autosave functionality! It's vitally important to keep xml-file safe in order to be sure that the work will not be crashed that stupid way )) Photoshop autosaves all opened PSDs so they are more or less safe, but in practice it doesn't guarantee the project safety.
    I hope this little addition may help many users to avoid my trouble )
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
    I can't get the UV map import to work, anyone having luck with this?? The couple of times I have had success I notice Suite converts the image to a png and is also using a PS Screen mode. What format should these UV maps be in for Suite to recognize it??
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    Hey guys, I have an artistic question here. Just went thru some of the megascan materials and was wondering if someone wouldnt mind revealing the process for creating the maps for some of your materials...specifically the normal and height for something like these brick textures...

did you bring the photo into zbrush and sculpt over some areas then add details with ndo?.....tried to recreate the results using ndo but cant get anywhere near close to what you guys achieved. appreciate any insight...also congrats and thanks for such an awesome tool

512Brick_Diffuse.jpg
    512Brick_Normal.jpg
    512Brick_Height.jpg
    512Brick02_Diffuse.jpg
    512Brick02_Normal.jpg
    512Brick02_Height.jpg
  • cromadbomber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cromadbomber polycounter lvl 10
    Those textures are scanned. There is no secret process. They built a megascanner which scans material from real world.
  • radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    cross polarization and other shit
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys,

Just a quick update Teddy is back in full force now on the SUITE and should have another build out soon. Thanks again for the patience, we realize how frustrating it can be with bugs and some of you not even being able to use the tool yet. I also should mention some of you with a ton of crashes might be getting them due to the fact that 1.1 is a patch only and not a new install so make sure you are installing the patch into the same location as your previous SUITE install.

Thanks!

/Team Quixel
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey the black military nylon webbing material doesn't have a normal map...lol. Looks really good in the material room...until you put it on and then it falls flat.
  • Son Kim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Son Kim triangle
    Is FBX going to be supported in the near future?
  • hugojackson18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hugojackson18 polycounter lvl 3
    I'm having 2 problems... One only on my personal pc, and both of them at work.

First one, which is really annoying (and I saw a few people on here have the same problems but apparently no one has an answer), is that DDO won't let me save a preset, either from the document, or for a Smart Material, which is really furstrating... I'm having the same message as grihan.

Second, on my work pc, I've got the suite 1.1 installed and Photoshop CC, and 3do won't link to ddo....

Any fix on here that I might have not seen?

Cheers
  • hugojackson18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hugojackson18 polycounter lvl 3
    DarkEdge wrote: »
    Hey the black military nylon webbing material doesn't have a normal map...lol. Looks really good in the material room...until you put it on and then it falls flat.

Same with the Moss/Stone material. The stone part only goes into the Albedo, and not on the rest of the maps, which makes it completely flat...
  • programmer23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    programmer23 polycounter lvl 6
    I am getting an issue, that if I load in a material Id map into ddo, it just closes itself. Any ideas what I should do.

There are no error messages, it just closes itself.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Darkedge sorry about that and we will look into seeing what is the problem here. Some people are having issues like this because when they installed 1.1 they did not overwrite their old install thus patching it. Instead they are running it as a separate instance which is missing a ton of core components if ran this way. Can you check to see if this is the case?

@hugojackson18 Can you try saving your materials and smart materials to a spare drive? I think you might be fighting some type of read write issue. Also if this helps maybe try to install the SUITE to a non c drive. Let me know if this helps.

@programmer23 The material ID probably has a transparent background and is causing the tool to crash. The color id maps need to have a solid filled background preferably black.
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, on my end I installed over the old build.
  • programmer23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    programmer23 polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks @Ryan Hawkins, that worked perfectly :)
  • 50p
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    50p polycounter lvl 13
    I can't get the suite to run. Like in most cases it freezes and sometimes asks me to select which Photoshop.exe I would like to run, even though suite has started the Photoshop already.
    I've seen videos of the suite and I'm amazed but at the same time put down because I can't even play with it.
  • Youen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Quixel team,

I've sent you an email a few weeks ago about a licence issue. Following your last message on the Facebook page, is there a chance you can have a look at it?

Many thanks,
    Youen
  • SagaN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would like to buy the $99 package, but have a few questions that I think many others would also like to have clarity on as well.

1. What mega scans do you get excess to with this level of purchase ?
    • Just need to know that I am going to have excess to a decent library
    • Don't want to be forced to spend more above that to be useful
    • Being a listed feature, surely just want info on the feature
    2. What are the subscription models for the Mega Scans ?
    3. Is there a yearly renewal fee with the Suite ?
    4. How long is this license going to be valid for .ie turn around for next version I might have to pay again ?

Thanks
  • JohanL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys. I can't get 3DO to load my mesh, it's just the default cube/sphere etc, and even those arn't displaying the texture I'm creating.

edit: legacy dDO won't display anything correctly either, though it shows the mesh, it's just blank.

So I'm guessing something is wrong with my mesh? It displays correctly in marmoset and Unreal 4 though.
  • Accany
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2ZRim4O.jpg

Getting problems with applying dynamask. Only really happens when I have 3DO on for some reason.
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    grfxman polycounter lvl 6
    Another odd error I downloaded the 1.1 from the Quixel site and it was the full program without the patch. I installed it to the root of the drive C:/ . Now the C Shift click for materials doesn't work at all.

Then I redownloaded and installed to the default location and still No "C Shift Click" functionality at all

Using Windows 7 Pro Photoshop cc 64 on a Home PC : Samsung Series 7 Slate XE700T1A
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Darkedge Thanks for the report, will try to figure out some more troubleshooting methods for you.

@50p can you give us a little information on your setup and if it is at home or at work? Thanks!

@Youen Re-forward us the email to team@quixel.se please thanks!

@Sagan When you purchase the SUITE you are getting access to the tools fully and always this is not a ticking time bomb install. When we release normal updates to the tool you will receive those for free as well. When it comes to Megascans you will first receive access to the service via a DDO Megascans package that you can see part of in the current beta release. Secondly the Megascans service is a website service similar to something like cgtextures.com this service will carry multiple account level types. Everyone will be able to gain access to this service. So the early Megascans access that you will get right now is the DDO integration with the base materials like what you see in the current beta and then some. The Megascans website library is very vast and home to top notch quality tile-able materials. Currently there is roughly over 8000 materials and we are scanning and adding nearly 30 new ones a week if not more. You also can download the tool for free right now and beta test it and see if it is worth your investment as well check out the DDO Megascans integration and samples. We have not yet finalized the subscription model or prices yet for Megascans but we will make a news post once it is ready.

@JohanL Make sure that your mesh is triangulated on export and is a obj and this should fix your issue.

@Accany Yea we are doing our best to get rid of these nasty bugs and should have a release soon hopefully that should kill most of the stability bugs.

@grfxman yea that is a weird bug that sometimes goes away on its own too I have found. We are on top of it and will hopefully lock this down soon. Sorry for the issues these bugs might be causing you.

Thanks for all the support and bugs guys! Even though some of them might be already well known bugs it still helps us remember we need to fix them still. We are working currently on a new release which hopefully will drop sometime this coming week. Thanks!
  • 4GetRich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey,
    Suite Freezes up, any solution for that?
    Link just to remember...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nobAb-EoGTY
  • Teyon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teyon polycounter lvl 11
    Where do we find the Photoshop swatches for the color ID in the suite or is that not included yet/anymore?
  • 50p
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    50p polycounter lvl 13
    @4GetRich,
    I have the same problem and I've seen many people with the same problem on the Quixel FB page but there is no solution. We have free beta time which we can't even run it to test it :)
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @teyon: C\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\3DO
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3do_error.jpg
    What am i doing wrong !? selected all the objects, added edit poly mod, connected all the verts, added edit mesh mod and then exported as obj !?

the map only shows on the base object :|
  • Teyon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teyon polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks DarkEdge but it doesn't seem to be there for me. I had tried that the other day. I let the updater install the latest build maybe I should manually do it instead? All I see in that folder is the EXE and the 3DO_Data folder which doesn't seem to have it either.
  • Accany
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RappyBMX wrote: »
    3do_error.jpg
    What am i doing wrong !? selected all the objects, added edit poly mod, connected all the verts, added edit mesh mod and then exported as obj !?

the map only shows on the base object :|

I had that problem too. I think I solved it by making a colourID map.
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    grfxman polycounter lvl 6
    Not sure how to properly word the other issue, But gloss on any new projects I made was doubled. But if I opened the sample projects this didn't seem to be an issue. My Samsung slate uses an Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card. Why companies use this instead of Nvidia is beyond me, But It can't be switched out. So i'm hoping you can get it working properly with Quixel.
  • Bychop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bychop polycounter lvl 7
    Hi guys, this is probably the most stupid question of all time but is there a way to export my maps? Also is there a way to export them then reload them so I can do nice renders without it killing my pc loading 600mb PSD's in each slot!

Thanks

+1

I can't find export module
  • Scoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Newly minted customer, I can't get 3DO to launch. Thoughts?
    Screenshot%202014-07-06%2000.51.00.png
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Bychop @circle of friends - The exporter is under development and will be available soon. So its not a stupid question :)
  • Asuryan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asuryan polycounter lvl 6
    Hello,

yesterday I bought NDO via PayPal but the license key under "My NDO licenses" does not seem to work. My email is daniel@hanowski.com

Thanks,
    Daniel
  • circle of friends
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    circle of friends polycounter lvl 10
    Hi guys, does anyone know how to get alpha sorting working in 3D0? I'm making hair planes and am getting really bad sorting. Is there a good workaround or fix? Do I need to attach the planes in a certain order or set somehow to alpha test etc?
  • Scoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I get the following when I launch 3DO.

Screenshot%202014-07-06%2000.51.00.png
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Please don't take this a a complaint Quixel team because I think your product is revolutionary! But I am finding that I have more control over alphas in the Legacy version as opposed to the Suite, specifically edge damage/scratching. Yes I have watched your tutorials. Is it just me...am I missing something?
  • Flaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flaco null
    Hey guys, I'm really loving the program so far but my current issue is that I don't see the automation hub. The program does look slightly different from the tutorials I watched so I'm wondering if there's a download I need or something I'm missing.
    I had originally downloaded the beta then bought the $50 student version but it all looks identical and in ddo it says it's still the beta version so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.
  • JohanL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

@JohanL Make sure that your mesh is triangulated on export and is a obj and this should fix your issue.

Does not fix the issue : ( already exported it as obj and I always triangulate!
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Rappy That happens either when it detects multiple UV's and you don't load textures for each part at the start of the project. Or you export with multiple pieces and again you don't have them attached so it feels like it is a new object.

@Bychop Well for starters 3DO is not loading the psd and 600mb is not that large actually for a psd. The exporter should be out real soon hopefully next build we are hoping. For now you can open up the project folder and inside the preview folder is some autoexported maps these maps are saved every time you make an adjustment inside DDO.

@Scoo Your images do not load so it is hard to tell what is going on. Open up the Suite folder and try setting the applications to admin?

@Asuryan The tool is currently in beta so you won't be able to use that key. You bought a key for NDO3 not 2. Two is no longer in development, so if you go to our website and download the beta you will receive NDO3 and once the beta is over it will prompt you to insert your key. The key you have is the one that you would use then.

@circle of friends Alpha sorting inside of 3D0 still needs a ton of love,currently 3D0 is missing a ton of features due to the fact we primarily just wanted to use it for a quick previewer but more and more people are using it as a full blown rendering engine so now we need to throw more support and features into it. So in due time it will get the love it needs don't worry.

@Darkedge As a person who textures a lot with and without the tools I would argue against what you wrote. The old version of DDO is completely different in every way. It is using a algorithmic form of texturing method meaning the texture would wrap and auto tile then stretch the texture across the surface. The texture effects where then applied using path tool and using the filters to setup the effect. The new system is pixel based so the texel density of the mesh is being checked and then it is checking the maps that you are feeding it and reading the angles and surfaces to more accurately apply the materials. Like if you load a smart material that uses a metal surface that surface depending on the angle of your mesh will run a check on the angle and apply real would surface ware for that angle matched to the type of material it is. Then if you are not happy with it you can open up the Dynamask window and tweak it further with the textures and sliders using various inputs.

@Flaco You are mistaking the new tool with the old tool. Go to our wiki located in the helpful links section in our forums. Here you will find more information and videos on the new tool. The new DDO is nothing like the old DDO and we have completely wrote it from scratch to be unique. So anything people are use to with the old tool the new tool does not do things that way. So it is best for you to just check out the wiki and watch the new videos there.

@JohanL Did you center your mesh to the world and reset the xform? Can you upload your mesh somewhere and I can take a look at it?

Guys just so everyone is on the same page here because I see this starting to be a trend. The old DDO and the new DDO are completely different tools. So if you are an existing DDO user from before take everything you know about legacy DDO and throw it out the window. What the new DDO is doing is nothing like that and is being processed in a completely different way. This is something I think I will need to do a video piece on though so people fully grasp the differences. Keep the questions and issues coming guys! New update coming this week we hope for stability fixes and a few features.
  • Teyon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teyon polycounter lvl 11
    This may seem like a really obvious thing and I'm probably just missing it but how do you turn off backface culling in 3DO (or is that one of those things that needs to be added now)? I have a hoodie that I wanted to do a render of but it's a little odd seeing the background where the inner surface should be. :-) Also, never did find the Photoshop swatches but I'll manage along fine without 'em. Keep up the great work, Ryan and crew. You have a winner in the making.
This discussion has been closed.