Home General Discussion

Awesome Steam Sales!

Replies

• Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Skyrim is up for 50% right now. So I doubt it'll go to 75% any time soon.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    Skyrim is up for 50% right now. So I doubt it'll go to 75% any time soon.

GOOD! ;P
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Autumn Sales are up!
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    God I love these. Here goes my money...

Edit:
    Oh hey, Sins of a Solar Empire is on sale. I've been waiting for that one. Anyone here play it?

BTW, I still have an extra copy of Torchlight2 if anyone wants to trade for anything.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Everyone buy Cave Story. It's like $2.49! If you love Super Metroid you will love this.
  • ScribbleHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScribbleHead polycounter lvl 13
    steamSale.jpg

Wish PC had a "like" button XD
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally picked up The Walking Dead, despite Kotaku spoiling the ending of the last episode (assholes).

Does anyone here use that seperate drive install feature on steam? I can't get it to work, maybe I'm using an iffy guide. When I try to install to another HDD I have in my comp, it says that it cannot create the neccesary folders to do so. It actually does create a steamapps folder, but that's it, and there is nothing inside.
  • S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S_ource polycounter lvl 9
    (Notice: Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7?) What would not work as it should?
  • Pierate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pierate polycounter lvl 15
    So, Rage is €5 right now, is it worth getting?
  • tupwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think so yeah, its a really great looking game Pierate and has that solid id feel throughout.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Andreas wrote: »
    Finally picked up The Walking Dead, despite Kotaku spoiling the ending of the last episode (assholes).

Does anyone here use that seperate drive install feature on steam? I can't get it to work, maybe I'm using an iffy guide. When I try to install to another HDD I have in my comp, it says that it cannot create the neccesary folders to do so. It actually does create a steamapps folder, but that's it, and there is nothing inside.

Backup your steam apps, then uninstall steam and install steam to the harddrive you want and move over steam apps. I could never get the directory thing working.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Rage is fun enough, though a bit short, it kinda missing a proper ending imo.
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah I'm going to pick up Rage at that price. Worth it even just to oogle at the pretty graphics.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Backup your steam apps, then uninstall steam and install steam to the harddrive you want and move over steam apps. I could never get the directory thing working.

Id rather split to be honest, games Im playing right now on my SSD with the rest of the games on my HDDs... cheers for the heads up though. Big picture works great, not sure why this doesnt...

Oh and Rage probably isnt even worth the 5, and definitely isnt worth the HDD space. Fugly game with crazy texture problems and the gameplay is just horrendous.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    those games were worth getting at full price IMO.. Referring to Rage, Dishonored and Max Payne 3. All beautiful and played well. Rage was probably the best FPS of last year I felt.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Dishonoured is well worth that price and Max Payne 3 is also great as well for the price.

Sleeping Dogs looks tempting but with all the DLC negates the sale price.
  • walreu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got Walking Dead and Max Payne 3.
    I have too much games already, but you know how it goes..
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Max Payne 3 and Dishonored were indeed worth the full price, get them if you don't already. Just picked up Rage...to add to the growing list of games I own and still need to play.
  • wailingmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Durn!!! I JUST bought Max Payne 3 at 9:30pm last night for twice the sale price. (ack)
    Here's hoping my email to them credits my account back the difference. :)
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sleeping Dogs is 50% off and I think I've now actually played less than 30% of the games in my library :)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Haidda for some reason its working for me now, try it again. Maybe highlight the drive and let steam make the folder by hitting 'create new folder' and dont change the name. If I make the folder by myself in Windows it doesnt work.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just went to buy Saints Row the Third for the awesome price of $9.99 and after I clicked "purchase for myself" the damn price doubled :poly141:

not cool.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    War of the Roses is tempting, but the single game mode puts me off.
  • cw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    I'm doing a brave thing this sale - RESISTING!

Gonna hit the backlog instead. Unless something delicious arrives...
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I couldnt resist max payne at that price!
  • wailingmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feel your pain, Scudz. :(

"Unfortunately, our billing system is automated and we have no option to offer a
    partial refund on purchases or to add store credit to your account for the difference.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding."

I'm calling B.S., but I'll try an keep my tears equal to the $15 I'm out. :D
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    I'd check Green Man Gaming too, they usually have decent prices, you can get Dishonored for £11.25 if you use the 25% off code too
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feel your pain, Scudz. :(

"Unfortunately, our billing system is automated and we have no option to offer a
    partial refund on purchases or to add store credit to your account for the difference.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding."

I'm calling B.S., but I'll try an keep my tears equal to the $15 I'm out. :D

That's pretty B.S.
    I didn't actually buy it for the double price but, I didn't get a response from the ticket I filed either. After moving back and forth from the "do you want to purchse" to the biling page about 5 times it actually corrected itself so I was able to get it for the advertised $9.99. I'm pretty sure it's not legal (even on the internet) to double the advertised price and not offer some kind of refund no matter if it's an automated system.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    If anyone goes buying all the Saints Row The Third DLC in one go, watch out, because some of them are "unlock the unlockables" DLC which can disrupt the balance of the gameplay by making you extremely powerful from the BEGINNING, as well as removing all sense of accomplishment.

Just a heads up.
  • wailingmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scudz...price was at 29.99 as of my purchase at 9:30pm, then went
    down 50% more to 14.99 (I imagine this rolled over at midnight, 2.5 hours later)
    So not really illegal at all...I could have just waited on my purchase.

Shame...left a bit of a bad taste. Prolly for the best tho, as I
    was fixing to pick up 3 more titles and now I'll just save the ducats. :)
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah, see that's different than what happened with me. Steam said it was $9.99, so I added it to my cart, went to the cart and it said $9.99, but then when I clicked "purchase for myself" and it went to the confirmation page it said $19.99. Going back and forth between these 2 pages it eventually ended up at $9.99. But yeah there's nothing illegal about it going on sale shortly after you bought it, that's just bad luck;)
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    I actually picked up Darksiders 2 for $16.99, and I'm enjoying it way more than I ever thought--enjoying the loot, and the art is outstanding!

I wanted to purchase it, but dont have a paypal so I searched amazon and found it for the same price through them. When I downloaded it through amazon and installed it, steam kicked on. So for anyone wanting to use a credit card rather than paypal/steam it looks like they matched the price.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Why wont it let me purchase a 4 pack of Torchlight 2? I already own it, yes, and prepurchased 4 pack originally , but wanted it for family this time.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you tried purchasing it as a gift?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    just purchased 2 copies of Torchlight 2. one for me one for my son (x-mas present for him).

i'll be needing people to play it with though!
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dishonored %50 off!
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Mongrelman wrote: »
    Have you tried purchasing it as a gift?

Its greyed out. I can only purchase singles of it. Do they have some kind of policy you can't buy more than one 4 pack of anyone thing?

*Sad Panda*
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    Got Dishonoured and Batman. Missed Max Payne :(
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    greenmangaming has/had dishonored for 20 bucks. its was 50% off then you can use a coupon towards it
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Whatever you miss now will have deeper discounts around the 25th of Dec through New Years.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont wrote: »
    Whatever you miss now will have deeper discounts around the 25th of Dec through New Years.

win|
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dammit... I bought Sins of a Solar Empire for $20 just a couple of days ago for 50% off, and now it's up for 66% off. That's annoying.

Also, fuck games for windows live. Seriously. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to use that.

I gotta say it's really annoying how many games are out these days where after you pay for it and install it, you still have to register some sort of an account. It can take forever just getting into a game for the first time now.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    Dammit... I bought Sins of a Solar Empire for $20 just a couple of days ago for 50% off, and now it's up for 66% off. That's annoying.
    Now that your brought Sins up... Should I get Trinity or Rebellion?
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny wrote: »
    Now that your brought Sins up... Should I get Trinity or Rebellion?

I don't know about the differences. I just wanted to play a space RTS game like that for a while, and saw that Rebellion is the latest entry in the series.
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man, installing Batman just now was the worst experience.

So first I buy it and download it from Steam. So far so good. But when I launch it, it says it's in some old format and Steam has to convert it. Ok, sure.

Then when that's done it needs me to enter a serial. No clue why, I just bought it, but ok. Steam gives it to me anyway, so it's just a copy-paste. Then I get into the game, and it wants to log into Games for Windows Live, I say fuck it, I don't need that, and it threatens me that otherwise I couldn't save. So ok ok, I'll do it, and I register an account with them.

Then after I register, it tells me I gotta put in the CD key (again!) for the game in Games for Windows Live as well, and threatens me again saying that otherwise I would not be "allowed" to play the game I just bought. Oh, and just for fun, no copy-pasting allowed here. It's more secure if you type it I guess. The hell is this shit? So alright, but wait, now Games for Windows Live has to update. But nope, it doesn't work. Gotta shut down the game before it'll update. But the game doesn't even get to the menu before I sign into Games for Windows Live, which I can't do cause it won't let me f'n register! So I have to force-quit the game.

Then it installs the Games for Windows Live update, and I get back into it. Oh guess what? The update to Games for Windows Live deleted my profile! Gotta redo the whole thing. And now it's been stuck on the "updating profile" screen all while I was typing this vent message...

And I seriously doubt anyone that pirated that game had to deal with any of that.

Edit:
    Oh, now the terms of service (what service? seriously?) for Games for Windows Live have changed, and I can't progress until I agree to them.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    BigJohn: That's the case with any GFWL game (except the format change). Its seriously the worst 'service' I've ever been forced to use. Generally i wont buy a game if its part of the install.

Rebellion adds titans and alot of balancing, Id say go for rebellion
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arkham City GOTY is on Steam for almost nuthin today. Bagged me Mark of the Ninja and Arkham City for $7.50 each in this sale, so I'm a happy camper :)

Sucks to hear GFWL still sucks the big one but I better do it, not only for AC but for Bulletstorm.

Seriously fuck any studio that takes money off MS to install this shit in their games. Steamworks, ever heard of it??
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    I have had no problems worth whining about with GFWL on both batmans and both street fighter 4s.
    I'm not a big fan of the service myself, but I like collecting achievements so at least there's that.

Rockstar's RGSC crap on the other hand, that was a real pain to get working.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Hah games for Windows - thanks to this s*** I wasted my cash on Fable 3 because it just hates people in China. Yo Dawg, we heard you like copy protection so we put copy protection on top of your copy protection...Thanks Steam, you should really warn people about this :(