• Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks - ill try them out ;)
  • Willtron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bought the Witcher 2, I wish steam gave refunds. Last time I let the hype train influence my purchases.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    MY WIFE GOT ME A $50 STEAM GIFT CARD. I CAN'T SPEND IT ON ANYTHING ELSE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Willtron wrote: »
    Bought the Witcher 2, I wish steam gave refunds. Last time I let the hype train influence my purchases.
    What don't you like about the game? I haven't played it on PC but I got a review copy the devs were giving out to fans of the franchise for console and I really enjoyed the game. It will probably feel a bit slow paced but the only things that truly annoyed me about the game were the slowdowns/long load times on the x360 version of the game and the fact that there isn't a nudity/violence censor (it's kind of awkward if somebody walks in during the many sex scenes -_-).
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    I've spent something like $200 so far this year D:
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    NegevPro wrote: »
    What don't you like about the game? I haven't played it on PC but I got a review copy the devs were giving out to fans of the franchise for console and I really enjoyed the game. It will probably feel a bit slow paced but the only things that truly annoyed me about the game were the slowdowns/long load times on the x360 version of the game and the fact that there isn't a nudity/violence censor (it's kind of awkward if somebody walks in during the many sex scenes -_-).

Yeah I much prefer Witcher 2 to Skyrim. Better NPCs, animation, graphics, story, combat, etc. There's also a few mods for it to improve combat as well if that is your main issue, along with other things like inventory weight/management.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    ambershee wrote: »
    I've spent something like $200 so far this year D:

Now I have 220 games I rarely spend more than 20-30 in a steam sale lol.

All I am really doing at this point is building a collection lol, really I could never have the time to play all these games.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Picked up Max Payne 3 quite cheap today, never played it but its ace! Looking forward to GTA 5 even more now :D
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Torch wrote: »
    Picked up Max Payne 3 quite cheap today, never played it but its ace! Looking forward to GTA 5 even more now :D

I really liked max payne 3, despite I thought I wouldn't (the seemingly radical changes of the character put me off initially) liked GTA 5 too, just wish I had more time and 360 friends to play mp.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    wot

I was bummed that it wasnt exactly free roam but it was still interesting, but I felt kinda left out because I didn't know the story from witcher 1

witcher 3 will be free roam like skyrim
  • Willtron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Didn't like the protagonist, he makes the game hard for me to play, I really like the armour design in that game oddly enough.

I prefer build a hero type games. That's why I have almost 600 hours clocked into fallout: New Vegas. I know it's unpopular to like them but I still like Bioware and Bethesda games, yes even Mass Effect 3.

I'm going forward to cyberpunk 2077 though.
  • NickGW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NickGW polycounter lvl 7
    I picked up Eldritch and The Walking Dead: 400 Days so far. Both are fantastic and I highly recommend them.

I'm Holding out that Dark Souls, Skulls of the Shogun and Steam World Dig go on sale for a bit more. If not I'll pick those up on the last day.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Rise of the Triad 2013 is on sale for $3. Definitely recommend it for anybody looking to have some old school fun. It's got pretty amazing graphics as well imo.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Has natural selection 2 gone on sale yet?
  • Szark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Szark polycounter lvl 12
    oXYnary wrote: »
    Has natural selection 2 gone on sale yet?

It's on sale right now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/?snr=1_7_15__13
  • Equanim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Equanim polycounter lvl 11
    Didn't like the protagonist, he makes the game hard for me to play (...)
    I prefer build a hero type games.

I can understand that. His aesthetic design is definitely one of the weakest in the game and he is kind of a super hero by default. He's basically TOO special.

I love The Witcher 2 more because of the world. It takes standard fantasy elements and grows them up. Elves look elegant and whimsical, but they may scalp you and will definitely tell you to f*** off. (Literally) Dwarves are nice but also ill mannered and drink like fish. Sorcerers are few and far between, but the ones that exist can definitely turn you inside out.

The story also gets very complex with (imo) one of the best endings to an RPG in years, but many people might argue that. Dragon Age tried to do roughly the same thing, but fell short in many respects and Witcher 2 will show you why. It is shorter than most recent RPGs however.

edit: Also, the game doesn't really hit its stride until you get to Flotsam, a good two or three hours in.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    L4D2 is free today. Probably why steam has been basically unresponsive...
  • MartinH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    Loved witcher 1 and 2. I did prefer witcher 2's combat mechanics though. Great, mature storytelling in fantasy games are a rare thing. Played NWN2 recently and while i love the settings and rpg style gaming, i thought the characters and story was really goofy. A shame.

Really like what im seeing for witcher 3, i think that's going to be an amazing title.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    The substance indie pack is on sale for $200. The thing that confuses me is it notes that you need substance designer to use it, but yet it comes with substance designer??

I don't know how long this on sale, so if someone knows whats up, lmk.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287280/
  • Griffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Griffin polycounter lvl 6
    yeah 200 for the indie pack same deal on their website-http://www.allegorithmic.com/buy
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Bastion is 85% off today if somehow you haven't bought it yet.