claydough polycounter lvl 10
    suburbbum wrote: »
    Screenshot001_crop.jpg

ewww nice color coordinated banner!
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    I'm a slowpoke and just finished act 1. I'm having a lot of fun. The barbarian feels like a human grenade. I haven't tried multiplayer yet as I'm a pretty annoying player that explores every single corner of every map and smashes and kills everything there is.

I really like the lighting and subtle environment fog in each area. It adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Strange that one of my favorite gaming devloper entities is a community forum?

Where when devs do not have enough love for their own games to support them in glorious full 3d/surround/eyefinity multi-monitor peripheral stereoscopic GLORY! ( who knew so many cyclops had final say? )
    Reminds me of how the Beatles engineer had to fight for stereo recording when stereo was not yet widely adopted. And how frustrating it must have been back then to be an audiophile with a good set of headphones?

Never fear! Dopefish and Helifax's new plug-in for the widescreen fixer can be downloaded from the WSGF forums!

If you have a multi-monitor 3dvision surround set-up you probably noticed save some offscreen artifacts that multi monitor in DIABLO 3 could be quite EPIC! ( Even found that the chat ui and map was welcome for me being on the outer monitors as those elements would annoy me quickly if centered... and I could quickly refer to the map on the center mnitor with the TAB toggle ) Otherwise the most important HUD elements were centered ( in my opinion ).
    However...
    The only way before this fix to enjoy multi-monitor was with the windowed full screen mode. Only problem was that 3dvision would not be supported in this mode.

The Helifax plug in allows Diablo III to be converted to multi monitor resolutions after the game is started in fullscreen mode! ( effectively bypassing the windowed constraint! )

Joy!

downloads and appropiate threads:

Link to the WSGF fix: ( note: you apply the widescreen fixer in fullscreen mode not fullscreen windowed to get 3dvision and multi-monitor! )

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/diablo-iii/en

http://img.wsgf.org/f/u/Plugin.Diablo 3.rar

https://www.widescreenfixer.org/

http://www.wsgf.org/forum/9066/diablo-three?page=5

glory: ( change the jpg extension to.jps for automatic 3D Vision Photo Viewer opening )
    Nvidia_3D_vision_Surround_example.jpg
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic wrote: »
    I'm a slowpoke and just finished act 1. I'm having a lot of fun. The barbarian feels like a human grenade. I haven't tried multiplayer yet as I'm a pretty annoying player that explores every single corner of every map and smashes and kills everything there is.

I really like the lighting and subtle environment fog in each area. It adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game.

I probably spent 5 hours today admiring the quality ambient occlusion setting on the gnarly beautiful treework myself!

Lots of good hard work! ( it's really starting to irk me reading how much the graphics suck in this game... I really find it hard to believe any halfway sentient being cannot find hours of graphics appreciation from somewhere in this game? Plenty I have a problem with as well but jeez louise! come on! )

Please add me at any time!

rogerklado@hotmail.com
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Is anyone else having issues connection wise? I seem to be getting anything from 300-900 ms most of the time making it unplayable, just way too much lag XO
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    I noticed when installing (and looking at my battlenet account now) that is says my region is 'Global'. Is there some other place where it says if you're on US or EU servers?
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    poekaren1.jpg
    Finally unlocked whimsyshire. Now i can sparkle like the ray of sunshine and twinkledust that i am! I'm fabolous!
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Cleavebarian reporting in!

QqYe5.jpg
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Sorry I was overwhelmed and instantly got addicted to this game and playing nightmare at the moment.

To the developers who read this:

Hands down, and WOW. Awesome work.

I will post my character as soon as I hit 40.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have to admit...
    The Armor is really looking WOW like. I was hoping customization would allow more original surprises? I am not sure, but it seems as if all my armor choices for my Witch Doctor will not allow me to stray from their concept the way Diablo II allowed my Necromancer to look like anything from Barbarian to Necromancer to Paladin ( or best yet: a hybrid which befits a wandering adventurer? ie: A necromancer adventurer would most likely be a dark cleric/ anti-paladin combination like old school D&D )
    I haven't had the courage to play in multiplayer yet as I like to stop and take time to smell the ded flowers. But is it possible to pickup dropped Barbarian armor as a different class?

( really hoping I do not end up looking as ridiculous as the wood/bone armor progression shows for the witch Doctor? It was hard enuff swallowing my necromancer pride in the first place. To also have the humiliation of ghetto bark as my only dress to look forward to? )

looks like a cool game character I suppose? jes doesn't seem like Diablo universe?
    diablo-iii-20120325013832604-000.jpg

got some time on my hand and was going to get back to work on some tools I have had on the backburner... But I am missing Necromancer so much I think I might do some fan concepting in PS an ZB.

( Anyone with same interests up fer a personal challenge? slap.* slap.* )
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    ZacD wrote: »
    o0i8K.jpg

*Dramatic music ensues*

A warrior of light will appear, vanquishing the hordes of darkness and smiting the evil of this land! And this warrior will be known as...

George :thumbup:
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    you guys have any information on the achievement bugs?

I mean the whole completing an act/event/whatever and getting the achievement, but when logging in later having it locked again.
    it's not only the achievement-whore in me that's talking, but since achievements unlock banner stuff, it would be nice to have the rewards that one is entitled to?

for example, I'm a level 50 demon hunter, but I've apparently not dinged level 20 since that achiev isn't unlocked (the others up to 50 are).
    or making it to act4 on nightmare but without having the achievement for killing the skeleton king in act1.

"just give the achievement servers time to think" is the general idea, but it feels more like they've thought about it and decided to drop a few achievements (and in effect, ingame rewards) for some incompetent reason..
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Would anyone happen to have a guest pass code? I already have one for me and id love for me and my friend to both play on a guest pass. Alone the game is pretty boring but id love to experience party play
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    8D55681502669EC3394B4066D16E5E75D7195B7B

Haha an awesome secret dungeon
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Maybe you should put that in a spoiler tag.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Started a witch doc.... they are SO much better than in the beta! having a lot of fun with Slurm, my witch doctor :)

Did some nightmare with my monk too, Hell and higher are going to be nuts! this game rules :)
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    9I7VG.png

Nightmare is a fun challenge,
    started a witch doctor on hardcore, only lvl 12 so far, but its a fun class.
    Also rainbows.

Also the auction house is awesome for getting great items and making extra gold.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    @Haisai: How is that a spoiler? its a secret just like the cow level. Maybe I'm missing something, any who cant put an image in a spoiler tag. Been trying to clear Nightmare but too low :(
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So does diablo go from everyone playing single player and then when thats over it merges to multiplayer for pvp etc when its released?
  • MasteroftheFork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
    its purely multiplayer but you can play by yourself. Friends can join right into your single play.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does anyone have an EU or US guest pass? Id love one to play with more of my friends who haven't tried it :)
  • Szark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Szark polycounter lvl 12
  • nordahl154
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nordahl154 polycounter lvl 9
    This game is so much amazing fun when you play with a group of friends. Already a lvl 60 DH with 13.1k dps because I'm a nerdlord, lol.
    Hell definitely gets a bit harder (mostly on the champion and elite pack's part), but I can't wait for Inferno!
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol gotta watch the credits, should get a chuckle outta the cinematic artists section
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I was getting really bored with Acts 1 and 2. I'm accustomed to D2's mass amounts of enemies everywhere...

...then I got to Acts 3 & 4... and I was very pleased :)
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loginserverfail noooo!

got a lv 50 barbarian and a lv 37 hunter now :D
    playing a bit much, loving it.
  • tupwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn Rens, thats hardcore lol.
    Got to level 48 myself. Cant see how I'm expected to reach 60 by the end of the game now as its the final act already but perhaps some insane xp drops from bosses.

This game should definitely be considered a multiplayer game with a foreveralone option. Whenever you get a chance to play with a friend or just go in a public game the experience is so seamless and enjoyable I've come to resent any mention of this being a 'single player game with DRM'. One thing i recommend to all is. stack some magic item finding stats and use the ah to sell your good drops and obtain items that are more catered to your class.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Rens wrote: »
    loginserverfail noooo!

got a lv 50 barbarian and a lv 37 hunter now :D
    playing a bit much, loving it.

We have to hook up ingame man! what's your tag? We'll make sweet loot together!
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    My character:
    barbar.jpg
    that legendary crown sometimes glows pink in the game, kinda takes away from the badass look.

Where can you find this tasty looking thing?
    hamburger.jpg
    saw it in the auction house
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    no way that huge burger is an einhand! should clearly be a zweihand!

also, servers down. can't play the single player game I bought using money. gg
  • MaVCArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MaVCArt polycounter lvl 8
    finally got my copy, now I can't play because the server are down...
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    I got massive butthurt from the butcher.. cant beat him
  • tupwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whilst battle.net is down i'm starting to notice how bad my mousehand is killing me from this game lol. I do wish there was a WASD option!! :)
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I found a large black mushroom. It says its account bound. Aside from from causing hepatic failure, whats it do?
  • dUb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dUb polycounter lvl 18
    MMmmm, I wanna get in on the action, but can't seem to convince my friends :/
    If anyone has a couple of (EU) Guest Passes he's not using, I'd greatly appreciate it!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    so my girlfriend just saw an advert for the game and thinks it might be cool to play it with me.

since i'm working like 70 hours a week at the moment AND i have the create a girl course on the go, i'd like to know if anyone is willing to donate a couple of guest passes to us so we can see how it is before i commit to a full purchase.

cheers guys!
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    My current build, 18k life and I still die a lot on nightmare, currently act 4, lvl 49

3cDiG.jpg
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    EU servers are finally back online. the down notice is still up but they seem to be working fine.
  • tupwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ZacD your stats are like the opposite of mine heh. I'm taking on the boss before diablo in nightmare, have 2600Damage and only 6000 health.
    I can get him down to 60% before he even hits me but it only takes one hit haha.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    thank you Seven, for donating your pass. much appreciated!
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    tupwick wrote: »
    @ZacD your stats are like the opposite of mine heh. I'm taking on the boss before diablo in nightmare, have 2600Damage and only 6000 health.
    I can get him down to 60% before he even hits me but it only takes one hit haha.

I really don't like being squishy, I tanked Azmadon without moving or dodging any attacks, I'm going to work on my hardcore character in a bit so it scares me whenever I die.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I'm in act 3 nightmare, lvl 47 on my monk and I really have to try to die (except arcane/chain guys... Fuck them). Will get jumped by large groups here and there, but found a build and skill rotation I fucking love. Will post it later, but I have around 7k hp and 1100 damage.

My rotation: enter with fire cyclone, heal (w/ spirit regen rune), way of fist spam (w/ regen rune), use the suck-up-enemies move to tank, and spam kick w/ stun rune, while using healing mantra w/shield rune. With the heal on spr use passive, I spam heal myself and can sit in molten/plague champion packs without taking damage. Killed
    belial
    solo without taking damage. Honestly it feels a little broken for nightmare, but can really see this being useful in hell and inferno with a shield.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    frell wrote: »
    20703143.jpg

I wasn't playing with anyone, Singleplayer game and all that :> I just expected an alternative for those of us who could give less than two shits about playing with others. Which is why the constant login issues and crashes and LAG annoys me to no end. I don't even get why they'd include Hardcore mode in this, when latency issues is actually caused by the number of people playing the game, not necessarily with you.

Skidrow hooked the May 14th release of D3 to some fake SC 2 based LAN server and had cracked and working SP versions of D3 out for piracy on the same day, that's most definitely not how it should be.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    SOOO hard with Demon Hunter Solo on Nightmare (unless I just suck)

xKPyG.jpg
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Those "hawk" boots are sweeet.
  • ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    I dont have enough Polycounters on my friends list. ADD ME YO: ceebee#1142

52 Demon Hunter in Act 1 Hell B]