aesir polycounter lvl 18
    deleted since someone else already posted
  • ErichWK
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    6345768034_583e544fb2_b.jpg

Man..this game is gorgeous.
    http://deadendthrills.com/?cat=314

Plus.. Pc Gamer's best Skyrim mods so far.. http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/
    I love the community for Bethesda games, so quick to make the game their own.
  • MartinH
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    thanks for the advice on the wep sets, ill give it a go tonight. Still, having whole sets bound to one hotkey instead of seperate items would be very handy for someone like myself who like to cycle through lots of weps for different situations.

hopefully a mod will appear that helps with that.
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    skylebones wrote: »
    Thanks for the link! Such an awesome soundtrack. Reminds me of the old Conan the Barbarian soundtrack. One of my favorite movie scores.

Truly, and the whole game does.

If you look at the whole movie you see the exact same kind of scenery and aesthetics, with cold frozen villages with people in fur, the open steppes, ancient nordic crypts, and even max von zydow himself.

But then again, as I've always said, the movie was most likely an inspiration through all of elderscrolls, but with skyrim it's at its peak.

conanB01_73.jpg

Conan+the+Barbarian_Screengrab_Conans+Parents.jpg

5167162673_0e78bd3996.jpg

conan-the-barbarian_screengrab_conan-and-subotai-debate.jpg

<3 Bethesda
  • NuZero
    Does anyone feel like this when shouting in Skyrim?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Is5_sD72M&feature=youtu.be&t=4m11s

edited for time placement.
  • Wahlgren
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    I just had a wicked fight with a dragon While fighting forsworn at the same time. It was quite hectic like any dragonfight but then all of the sudden, BANG! I noticed the dragon do a fire attack (it was another type). I then saw another dragon land atop a building looking down at the other dragon.

Me, my horse and Lydia died instantly by pure awesome and by being caught between 2 dragons + forsworn.. I wish I was making this up because I think skyrim just ruined me for other games.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    oloolloloolollo thats great NuZero

If I sneeze playing skyrim I get up real fast and pose for a dragon shout
  • Shogun3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Agreed! Here are some of mine!

AB57BBAB71D5E82149A47EC7E22945F035FD82BB

EDF8EA4B5855A88948978FDDC5423B528556E1E6

B887A94F8D0972AB91C59C9462A64D6384365CFE

C596ADDE24581073361D3DE3B65CEEB02B5156EC

D65BBD5F3A7DBE27A83BE62026813FC5FBE0D5FF

E2DA1878CCE7394D9E0C19D1B163C2687DAC59A4
  • Stinger88
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Put in a good few more hours. So probably only at about 6hrs played.

Most fun thing atm is trolling the enemy AI. Sneaking about and making them walk over their own bear traps repeatedly till they die, or causing them to run in fear into other more deadly traps. I've barely raised a sweat killing things so far. TONS OF FUN! :D
  • Will Faucher
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Damnnn Kaburan! You sure those screenshots are big enough? :)
    Very nice, though!
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    synergy11 wrote: »
    How is it false?

Like the game or not. I think most will agree that Skyrim is not a visually diverse game at all.

in the way that Braveheart isn't "visually diverse" because there's no jungles or deserts in Scotland ;)
    Skyrim's artwork creates a lot of atmosphere though and is quite beautiful and fits the setting. But it's not the game if you want different races, climate zones and architectures in every town you visit.
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Stumbled into a Falmer dungeon. Holy shit - most intense play for me so far. The alien feel of everything reminded a lot of Morrowind.
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Not much, but it's from the same guy that made the Oblivion MP mod:

http://skyrimmp.com/
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    Not much, but it's from the same guy that made the Oblivion MP mod:

http://skyrimmp.com/

Which coincidentally wasn't much either :P

They're interesting undertakings, but the scope and limitations of things makes them boil down to multiplayer tech demos, which I still applaud them for.
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    Slum wrote: »
    Stumbled into a Falmer dungeon. Holy shit - most intense play for me so far. The alien feel of everything reminded a lot of Morrowind.

yeah, i loved that! (or those, i guess there's a few)

and I first stumbled in when I was low level, got my ass kicked just by their cockroach pets.. needless to say I went back later with my frost Atronach and showed them a thing or two about pain
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Blackreach is fucking huge. I'm pretty sure I explored nearly everything in it. I found 41 Crimson Nirnroots!

Also I found a Black Soul Gem which I haven't seen yet. A few seconds later the game crashed and I lost it. When I went back to the spot to pick it up again it was a Grand Soul Gem. :(
  • Mazken
    Skyrim multiplayer is not being developed by the same person as Oblivion Multiplayer mod. They [Including me] are a group of like minded individuals who have come together in order to overcome the previous difficulties in developing such a mod in an Elder Scrolls game. More information coming soon, we will begin closed beta invites from the site soon. Expect this to happen no sooner than the toolkit release.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Mazken wrote: »
    Skyrim multiplayer is not being developed by the same person as Oblivion Multiplayer mod. They [Including me] are a group of like minded individuals who have come together in order to overcome the previous difficulties in developing such a mod in an Elder Scrolls game. More information coming soon, we will begin closed beta invites from the site soon. Expect this to happen no sooner than the toolkit release.

Looking forward to it. :D
  • TortillaChips
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
    rooster wrote: »
    yeah, i loved that! (or those, i guess there's a few)

and I first stumbled in when I was low level, got my ass kicked just by their cockroach pets.. needless to say I went back later with my frost Atronach and showed them a thing or two about pain

Haha yeah as I've majored in conjuration, it seems that if anything gives me trouble in Skyrim now, I can just send out a summon to kick it's arse.

Also I dunno if I was in a Falmer dungeon or a Dwemer dungon with Falmer's in. It was still amazing though, and lots of gold.
  • Habboi
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    As Zip already said...Blackreach is crazily huge. Sadly I was disappointed with it because I was expecting some sort of large treasure hidden in there when I first unlocked it.
  • Rai
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    Also I dunno if I was in a Falmer dungeon or a Dwemer dungon with Falmer's in. It was still amazing though, and lots of gold.

It's pretty common for Falmer to inhabit a Dwemer dungeon, awesome when that happens though, because you can get them to clash..

There was a location that had a ton of Falmer in it, I rushed to open a gate before fighting them and a huge Dwemer golem walked out and started destroying them.

I never fight face to face with anything anymore.. Always using the environment or stealth/backstabs to get things done. :|
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    the only problem I have with conjouration is I'm pretty weak, and if there's any more than a few bad guys some find me and a couple whacks sees me dead :/. I was expecting to be able to use bound armour eventually but I just learned there isn't any?? boo

do all mages have to learn oak/stoneflesh then to survive?
  • R3D
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    6B3262C15E766F846AB45D304CBCDF7E761D334E

THAT ATMOSPHERE
  • Stromberg90
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    ^^
    A lot of that kind of light here in Norway, pretty beautiful :)

northern lights
  • Serp
    Offline / Send Message
    Serp polycounter lvl 17
    I'm a conjurer and I just use my sheild and sometimes run around healing myself. The frost altronach is pretty badass. Also reviving dead people is cool. Sometimes you come across a corpse that the enemy has been experimenting on or something so you can revive it for revenge :D.
  • MiAlx
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    I was expecting to be able to use bound armour eventually but I just learned there isn't any?? boo

yea, i was a bit dissapointed as well, but oh well :)
    do all mages have to learn oak/stoneflesh then to survive?

when fighting against mages i try to use wards and when fighting against melee I use potions, stoneflesh and fire and ice cloak spells (in addition to the usual abra kadabra like fireballs and such). It can get really hard sometimes when fighting multiple enemies though, even for destruction mages.
  • Geezus
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Mazken wrote: »

Oops, sorry about that. I got the link from another forum and many said it was those peeps. Sorry about that.

OT: I think I just broke the game. I got a 100% reduction of Spell-Casting (Restoration in my case) and have been casting healing spells like no tomorrow. 25% reduction for 4 pieces of Enchanted items = 0 casting cost.
  • ErichWK
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    yea, with some tweaking and Nvidia magic, the game really comes alive. I have a question though, how come A lot of these options weren't turned on or available for a "Super Awesome Mega PC" Option?
  • Will Faucher
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    Oops, sorry about that. I got the link from another forum and many said it was those peeps. Sorry about that.

OT: I think I just broke the game. I got a 100% reduction of Spell-Casting (Restoration in my case) and have been casting healing spells like no tomorrow. 25% reduction for 4 pieces of Enchanted items = 0 casting cost.
    In Oblivion you could enchant 5 parts of armor to have 125% chameleon.

You can cheat,, find loopholes and do all you want in this game, that's not the point. The whole point of the game is to explore and be immersed in the world, if doing things like this allows you to enjoy it more, then great! :)

Otherwise, we all know the kind of stuff that is available, Lockpick pro, console commands, fast travelling, etc.

I wouldn't call it Breaking the game, though.
  • TortillaChips
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
    Prophecies wrote: »
    In Oblivion you could enchant 5 parts of armor to have 125% chameleon.

You can cheat,, find loopholes and do all you want in this game, that's not the point. The whole point of the game is to explore and be immersed in the world, if doing things like this allows you to enjoy it more, then great! :)

Otherwise, we all know the kind of stuff that is available, Lockpick pro, console commands, fast travelling, etc.

I wouldn't call it Breaking the game, though.

Yeah I kinda cheated in Oblivion with that, I'd just keep loading until I got a sigil stone with charmeleon on it, accidently completed the main story without getting 100% charmeleon though, however 80% + crouch meant I could steal things infront of people and always sneak attack.

I feel smithing and enchanting kind of seem like loopholes in this game by default. I mean you just buy the iron and leather from vendors, craft iron daggers, enchant as many as you can then sell it back for loads.. and it kind of seems like you're powerlevelling. I did it a little then realised I don't think I want to increase my level that much just from those 2 professions (and I guess it raises speech a fair bit too).
  • Fuse
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Christ almighty, is there anyone on this planet that isn't playing this game right now?

The temptation is killing me.
  • McGreed
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Fuse wrote: »
    Christ almighty, is there anyone on this planet that isn't playing this game right now?

I'm not! ....but thats only because I'm waiting to get my graphic card from home this weekend...after that, all bets are off!
  • LRoy
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Fuse wrote: »

I feel the same haha. I don't know why I keep checking this thread.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    WOOT fallout 3 reference

Bumped into a guard and he said "Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll?"
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Haha yeah as I've majored in conjuration, it seems that if anything gives me trouble in Skyrim now, I can just send out a summon to kick it's arse.

until you meet that guy that can turn your summoning against you
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I was walking along and a post shot me with something and instakilled me. BULLSHIT. Killed my horse too. It was my first death in 10 hours of play.
  • Will Faucher
    Offline / Send Message
    Those are traps. There are soul gem in them those are what powers them up. Some are incredibly powerful, too.
    Remove the soul gems from them, and it deactivates the thing.
  • Dliskovecjr
    Offline / Send Message
    Dliskovecjr polycounter lvl 10
    This game is awesome, I've been playing it for my 360 (Sadly my laptop won't run the game very well) and I am really blown away. I have to give a ton of phrase to all the artists who worked on this - you guys really did a kick-ass job. Everything is so cinematic, I often find I spent a lot of my playtime just observing all the environments.

So far my favorite place is Markarth, the Dwarfen areas are just amazing, plus you make a lot of gold there from the quests :)

Oh and playing as a Pure Mage is so far a ton of fun, my only issue was I had to tell my Follower to wait at home because I kept blowing her up with my Fireball spell :smokin:
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    telekinesis is good for those jerks
  • JFletcher
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    I've been watching some playthroughs on youtube just to see how people played the game at the start, actually saw a few things that I missed, for instance, in the heat of the moment, I didn't even realise you have that choice at the start to go with the imperial guy or the prisoner. Wish I went with the prisoner dude now, but I didn't even see him. Oh well.

Also, after 24 hours played, only just discovered through someone else's video that you can actually sprint... the fuck!?! :)
  • skylebones
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    JFletcher wrote: »

I've been watching some playthroughs on youtube just to see how people played the game at the start, actually saw a few things that I missed, for instance, in the heat of the moment, I didn't even realise you have that choice at the start to go with the imperial guy or the prisoner. Wish I went with the prisoner dude now, but I didn't even see him. Oh well.

Ha, same here! When I got to work today a co-worker asked me who I went with and I had no idea what he was talking about. I figured going with the prisoner was the only choice. The depth in this game is really blowing my mind.
  • Accipiter
    Offline / Send Message
    Accipiter triangle
    skylebones wrote: »
    Ha, same here! When I got to work today a co-worker asked me who I went with and I had no idea what he was talking about. I figured going with the prisoner was the only choice. The depth in this game is really blowing my mind.

That's pretty cool, because I had the same conversation with a co-worker of mine, today as well!
  • Bibendum
    Also, after 24 hours played, only just discovered through someone else's video that you can actually sprint... the fuck!?!
    Wait what? Are you talking about the whirlwind sprint dragon shout or something else?

The whirlwind shout is a deathtrap sometimes... So far I've been killed more times by gravity than anything else, using it on downhill slopes that were just a bit too steep.
  • TheWinterLord
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    no Bibendum there is a sprint button, on keyboard its holding down alt and it will use stamina to use. I use it all the time while running around (not fighting) in areas I have been in already.

I have the problem that I want to level all the things!
  • Zpanzer
    Offline / Send Message
    Zpanzer polycounter lvl 8
    Bibendum wrote: »
    Wait what? Are you talking about the whirlwind sprint dragon shout or something else?

The whirlwind shout is a deathtrap sometimes... So far I've been killed more times by gravity than anything else, using it on downhill slopes that were just a bit too steep.

The alt key does wonders ;)
  • Bibendum
    God damn I wish I'd known this 35 hours ago
  • [HP]
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    lol, yeah I sprint all the time! :) I changed the key to shift tho.
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Hey people who didn't know about the sprint button:

Pro-tip, hit escape go to controls. Read the controls.
  • Stinger88
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Does anyone know if jumping about, swimming lots, running, etc. Increases your stats. In morrowind I used to jump constantly as it increased agility. It didn't work in oblivion though. So I doubt it does in Skyrim. I still jump about mostly though.