Home General Discussion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Replies

• fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Ho-ly shit this game.

I thought the thieves guild quests where pretty cool, it feels more like I'm being a spy than a thief. Being sent out to other cities to preform corporate espionage, work over contacts and such. but shit just got real on my last mission. aside from the plot I don't want to reveal, it involved me and another thief in this catacomb crawling with high level undead, and I just happened to have a sword which made unded enemies run away, so I was hitting everyone and sniping them in the back with my bow while they ran, and all of a sudden this boss dude shows up who's too high level for me to scare off. I whack him with the sword of running away and he just looks down and pummels me like, 'who the hell do you think I am bitch' :D

god damn and there is so much awesome stuff going on. Sneaking around some smugglers cove sniping people, backstabbing them and watching their bodies tumble into the sea. kitting giants into dragons.Riding across the continent and then having my horse killed by bandits and having to walk through the wilds to the neared shelter.

<3 this game.
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    I just saw the greatest Morrowind reference ever.

I was speaking to the Wizard in Riften, and she is thinking about how to conduct a certain experiment. You can give a series of serious or silly answers, and one of the silly answers is something like "Errm, use some calipers?".

She says "Don't be ridiculous... Calipers haven't been found in the average household for hundreds of years now!" or something along those lines... Genius! :D
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Haha pogo thats a sweet find! on that note... that's one of the most exiting things about these games. How much they respect the lore and OMG THIS FUCKING GAME!!!!!! (sorry mini nerd out!)
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ssstg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Is this game good or what? :poly136:

Srsly, I can't wait to get it and rape the shit out of it... Just need to live through the deadline...

I hope the experience will be as special as Morrowind.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7trmEmI5Js&quot;]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

In all seriousness, all of the above just makes the game more awesome to me.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Bought!!! I was holding out from buying it because I have stuff to do. But I couldn't resist any longer. Just played a couple of hours. Loving it so far.

I've had one crash where the game hung, had to ctrl,alt,del out and restart. Hopefully that doesnt happen to often. I save every 2 minutes anyway. And the loading times are super quick!!! It might be my 460gtx drivers need updating but every time i do it i have problems so i've been reverting. I thinkI read somewhere I need to uninstall the drivers and install fresh. I dunno...

Also. Noticed that if I use the forge my character takes out the molten iron bar the wrong way round. So he picks up the hot end and starts beating the coll end on the anvil...what a fool! Maybe I need to improve my forging skillz.

Oh, also. At one point I dropped quite a bit of stuff out of my inventory. When i [tab]'ed out the dropping stuff injured me. Must have dropped it on my foot.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Prophecies wrote: »
    I think it has to do with the Tonemapping, it happens when you look at the bright sky, then back at a dark surface. Kind of like how your eyes adjust to light IRL. I find it's a neat touch.
    It also darkens when you approach a dragonwall (whatever they're called) and are about to learn a new shout.

It would be a nice touch if it worked.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    ahaha, the best bug ever: I'm sneaking into a museum with Lydia. If the guards see me, they want to arrest me. So I try to tell her to stay put, but when I press E to speak to her... "You're not supposed to be in here!" E "You're not supposed to be in here!"

Goddamnit Lydia, stop lecturing me and take an order!
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    Question, can anyone confirm if your character gets detected when they get the Perk 'Eagle Eye' in Archery? It's the Zoom function. Apparently, when you zoom, you not only lose Stamina over time, but also 'breath', which causes me to get detected much more easily by nearby enemies.
    I haven't had any issues with getting detected when zooming, but I'm generally not close enough to be heard anyway :p
    And I can't find any spells or info about detecting enemies around me, that would be useful, a skill which allows me to see enemies on my little compass would work wonders.
    Look for... I forget the name of the place... Vulvaland or something :p Roughly north of Halted Stream Camp (which is in turn roughly north or northeast of Whiterun). Run the dungeon and you'll find a new shout (called "Whisper" or something to that effect) that reveals all life forms in a pretty large radius as red glowy particle people. Great for the thieving stealthy bastards like myself :D
    fearian wrote: »
    ahaha, the best bug ever: I'm sneaking into a museum with Lydia. If the guards see me, they want to arrest me. So I try to tell her to stay put, but when I press E to speak to her... "You're not supposed to be in here!" E "You're not supposed to be in here!"
    That's why I leave my companions outside whenever I'm ransacking peoples' homes/shops :D
  • synergy11
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    synergy11 polycounter lvl 6
    Skyrim for me has been a huge disappointment.

I remember hearing Todd Howard speaking in a video about how there were many complaints about Oblivion's dungeons all looking the same with the same textures reused, which is one of the reasons why I did not finish Oblivion. However upon playing Skyrim I see it's the same deal. The whole world practically looks and feels the same from one side to the next which just kills the whole sense of discovery for me.

I feel that after a few hours of playing. I've seen all that there is to see.

Animation is terrible with hardly any character interaction with the Environments. NPC's are just basically talking heads.

I do love the first person sword combat though. And some of the creature designs are great. But overall this game is supposed to be a immersive adventure with a great story line. However It feels like a shallow open world game. Oh look i can get married and cut down trees. Big deal. I want an EPIC story in a immersive world!

I think Todd and the crew should make a smaller game with a more varied world and focus on the main story line.

Ok thanks.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    synergy11 wrote: »

Can't tell if serious....
    should make a smaller game with a more varied world

ha
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
  • NuZero
  • Rick_D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick_D polycounter lvl 12
    oh god, somebody called the no-fun-allowed-faggot-police

also, how do i get master, expert, adept, etc spells. i am stuck on novice and shit.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Rick_D wrote: »
    how do i get master, expert, adept, etc spells. i am stuck on novice and shit.

You have to become not a novice, and find them like anything else. You get spells from the College of Winterhold (mages guild in the town of Winterhold), the court wizards (in the Jarl's buildings in the cities), and some merchants/local folk (the general merchant in Riverwood I believe, as well as a local wizard in Morthal to name a couple). You can also find spell tomes on wizards/magey NPCs you kill in dungeons, as part of loot, etc.

Some spells will not be available at spell merchants (court wizards, etc) until you've reached the required skill in that school of magic - for example you might not find adept level summon spells for sale until you reach 50 in Conjuration.
  • synergy11
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just don't get the Skyrim appeal.

I tried to like it!

I've traveled from one side of Skyrim to the next and have visited many dungeons in between. It all looks the same. Same texture palettes, same props, same rocks and trees.

It feels like one giant level. : )
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    ..so ...yeah.. I just figured out there was a run button...

(why is this horse so slow?)
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It all looks the same. Same texture palettes, same props, same rocks and trees.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I respect that, but that statement is just flat out false.
  • synergy11
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How is it false?

Like the game or not. I think most will agree that Skyrim is not a visually diverse game at all.
  • Ahrkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahrkey polycounter lvl 18
    Only played for an hour or two. So far I like it. This time around* I thought I'd go for a stealth/magicka/archer character but I had a hard time figuring out stealth/bows...

Some times they saw me from miles away, sometimes I could be standing next to them!
    Also the sneakbonus is kinda nice but... I managed to put 2 arrows straight through my enemies head! Sticking out at both sides! and he still kept going like nothing had happened. :(

Felt wrong when I had to pull out the axe and shield.

Anyone else playing stealthy and know how it works... Bushes/Trees doesn't seem to hide you very well. Is it lighting-based?

* = Loved Morrowind, Liked Oblivion but played both as tank/battlemage/uberdragon.
  • DEElekgolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DEElekgolo interpolator
    Having a contrasting opinion is typically a way for someone to try and stand out but end up making excuses when they are required to justify the opinions they have.

"I hate Justin Beiber"
    "why?"
    "well uhh. His singing sucks!"
    ┐(゚―゚)┌
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Because if you're going to wing it and say 'Skirym has reused assets' you might as well say the same thing of ALL games.

I don't understand what you were expecting. It's a game with finite resources, they have to optimize and make sure it runs on most machines, if you want bleeding edge state of the art unique textures for each asset, wait for a mod. Most of the pieces are decaled and vertex-blended, which is more then what some games do.

Also, what exactly where you expecting out of the caves and dungeons? A dungeon is just that, a cheap labor based construction to keep people in a the crudest establishment, last I checked, prisoners didn't have golden toilets.
    Caves? They're holes in the side of the mountains! Even nowadays mile long tunnel in the Alps are all samey because people want cheap job done in the quickest way possible.

So yes, it is very samey...because it makes sense being samey, because in real-life, alot of he things we have around us is very samey. If each cave and dungeon was unique, it would take away alot of the appeal when more of the unique dungeons appeared, such as you having to find a sunken ship, or the grotto with the witches, or hell, maybe even the fortress you need to storm to stop a summoning.

And your gripe with getting married and chopping wood is a very moot one. Why extacly are you busy getting married and chopping wood? Why aren't you climbing mountains with your warrior wife/husband and bringing down an ice dragon, before engaging in a Dragon-Lord battle, winning by the skin of your teeth and getting your next shout?

What about the 'grey' conflict between the different regions, in which there is no bad or good motif? What about having an entire city be bought out and them chase you to the death? What about traveling along the paths and meeting and Orc that wants to die and needs a worthy foe? What about hearing stories about rape and pillaging as you try uniting families.

I can understand someone not liking a certain kind of game, each to his own, but don't say the game is dull, especially this one.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Like the game or not. I think most will agree that Skyrim is not a visually diverse game at all.

Ha. Well then mark me down in the 'Do Not Agree' column.
  • synergy11
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So you folks think the world of Skyrim has enough diversity to keep you playing through the long haul?

The last open world game I played was Red Dead Redemption, as you progressed through the game and visited different areas they felt visually distinct. Which gave you a sense of discovery. I don't find this happens with Skyrim.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    So you folks think the world of Skyrim has enough diversity to keep you playing through the long haul?
    yes.
    ...gave you a sense of discovery. I don't find this happens with Skyrim.
    no.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Don't feed the troll.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18

The last open world game I played was Red Dead Redemption, as you progressed through the game and visited different areas they felt visually distinct. Which gave you a sense of discovery. I don't find this happens with Skyrim.

What, red dead redemption was a desert with a few cacti, and I player a full hour of it, so I should know!
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    also, how do i get master, expert, adept, etc spells. i am stuck on novice and shit.

I have claimed my little bros copy for now, an after 4 hours of playing i realized after you buy the spell, you open inventory, books, then click the actual spell books. A better UI intro would have been nice but hey what the hell right?
  • MiAlx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    I would also like to know that, i mean, i know you have to click on the books in your inventory to learn them, but i cant find any adept, expert and master books at ALL in the world..
    Do they just appear in the world as soon as you reach said mastery levels or are they in a specific location only?

Because except like 10-15 novice spells i haven't found any other spells above novice and i have played for about 10 hours or so.

Am I doing something wrong? :D
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    A better UI intro would have been nice [...]
    I'd rather have them make a decent UI in the first place.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    First time I wanted to fill a chest in my house with ingredients, I just clicked through them, because that's how you loot stuff ;)

Imagine my surprise to this inconsistency :P
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11

I remember hearing Todd Howard speaking in a video about how there were many complaints about Oblivion's dungeons all looking the same with the same textures reused, which is one of the reasons why I did not finish Oblivion. However upon playing Skyrim I see it's the same deal. The whole world practically looks and feels the same from one side to the next which just kills the whole sense of discovery for me.

Animation is terrible with hardly any character interaction with the Environments. NPC's are just basically talking heads.

I do love the first person sword combat though. And some of the creature designs are great. But overall this game is supposed to be a immersive adventure with a great story line. However It feels like a shallow open world game. Oh look i can get married and cut down trees. Big deal. I want an EPIC story in a immersive world!

I think Todd and the crew should make a smaller game with a more varied world and focus on the main story line.

Ok thanks.
    Lol'd, maybe if you actually played it more everything you said is wrong
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    ..so ...yeah.. I just figured out there was a run button...

(why is this horse so slow?)

What they lack in speed, they make up for in endurance. :)

...Directly quoted from a loading screen, heh. I admit they are a bit slow at times but they seem to be able to cross all sorts of terrain very well at that speed, in my experience.
  • g2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I rarely post in this section but i just have to give the credits to the guys who made this excellent game,i got hooked so bad that i'm constantly thinking about quest or places where i should go,such a phenomenal world to explore.Going with 2 handed tank,it's slower but i just love those finishers,and the amount of damage i receive is minimal and i can heal quickly,killed 4 dragons so far.This thread is being very helpful,i found many tips that helped me,i wish there was an option for quick heal(maybe there is but i'm missing it),i remember while i played Oblivion i could hit a key and my character would start some heal magic and i could still have my 2 handed weapon,and wouldn't need to keep the button pressed all the time...if my memory serves me right :icon15:.Gonna post a picture of my character tonight when i'm back from work :)
  • Zpanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zpanzer polycounter lvl 8

Ok thanks.
    Not_sure_if_serious.jpg
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8

Theres a sprint button?
    ]...[ Fml
  • IEatApples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea it took a friend telling me to figure out there's a sprint button. You can make the horse sprint too and it does for quite a long time. Thought the horses were useless till I realised this.

One thing I am struggling with is I burn up magicka so fast as mage. Takes awhile to regenerate too. Trying to skill the mana regen perks as I hate fighting and having to hide for ages before I can get back in the fight. Mana potions are costly too..

Such a great game though. Lost a lot of hours sleep because of it.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    I think most will agree that Skyrim is not a visually diverse game at all.

Sorry to feed the troll but...

Outdoor Areas; Autumn Birch Tree Forests, Grassy Plains, Pine Forests, Fjords and Valleys, Swamps, Stormy Mountain Tops, Icy Oceansides and Glacier Covered Fields all with dynamic weather effects and unique cities/unique ruins scattered throughout.

Dungeons/Caves; Mossy Caves, Ice Caves, Dwemer Dungeons/Towers, Nord Dungeons, Mines, Stone Castles/Ruins/Forts all with unique layouts.

Kay.

As a side note, I'm really impressed with how unique the dungeons are. I've been through about 30 different dungeons and there's barely any repeating (layout wise) for the most part and a ton of uniquely crafted areas compared to Oblivion's dungeons which were pretty much constructed from 10 or so different cave/dungeon prefabs mashed together.

Also it's really nice to be able to explore a cave or dungeon randomly now when in Oblivion if you did that you'd have a pretty good chance at glitching a later quest.
  • martinszeme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    martinszeme polycounter lvl 8
    Can't wait to play this one! Will have to wait for it to drop in price. Still have to get through loads of awesome games though. Currently going through Fallout: New Vegas. Man that game world is HUGE! Also trying to do as many side quests as I can. I find this is what makes Bethesda games shine. The main quest is always decent, but side quests, different random situations make it awesome experience.
    This one made me laugh: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/17-5234/ Go to 28 min. a giants sends bear flying!
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    I just cleared a dungeon by kiting huge groups of monsters through a single insta-death trap near the beginning of the cave. Shoulda screenshotted the pile of bodies. Haven't gotten this sucked into a game since... shit, I guess when world of warcraft first came out. Fuck.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    The game is totally fun, but not as open-world or simulation-y as I'd expected. I mean, it's completely open and you can go wherever you want from the start - but if you just want to dick around, there's not much to do. So, I figure the point of the game is to consume the quest and story content it provides, which is hugely abundant. You can hardly walk fifty feet without running into a new and interesting encounter. Even just the kill-em-all bandit encampments you come across are interesting and varied, with many different approaches depending on your character's abilities. So you figure out your own creative solution to the problems presented by the game - as in ferg's case. :P

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-boqZkxKEBk&amp;hd=1&quot;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-boqZkxKEBk[/ame]

Here's a kind of funny video of some unusually indifferent NPC behaviour in town. Kind of proof that it's not really about doing what you want to do, since there aren't any consequences - I mean, they're applauding the bard after I killed him. And still applaud, later, when I drop his body in the fire (not pictured). The game is more about running around and letting the quest and story content find you, rather than creating your own interesting scenarios. And that's fine, 'cause the game is brimming with its own stories.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    I heard a rumour that every dungeon was created (using modular pieces) by a different artist/level designer. So each and every dungeon has a different feel and layout.

Can someone elaborate or kill the rumour?
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Stinger88 wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that every dungeon was created (using modular pieces) by a different artist/level designer. So each and every dungeon has a different feel and layout.

Can someone elaborate or kill the rumour?

To elaborate based on my experiences in the game and something I read quite a while ago, that seems mostly true. I'm not sure if each dungeon was done solely by a different designer the way you describe it but each dungeon definitely has its own feel and own looting/treasure style for the most part. Plus it seems as you said each dungeon is created from modular art assets now and not the modular dungeon sections that most of Oblivion's dungeons were crafted with. Also based on an article I read a while ago Oblivion only had one dungeon designer whereas Skyrim had 20.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Ferg wrote: »
    I just cleared a dungeon by kiting huge groups of monsters through a single insta-death trap near the beginning of the cave. Shoulda screenshotted the pile of bodies. Haven't gotten this sucked into a game since... shit, I guess when world of warcraft first came out. Fuck.

Did it involve a slamming metal spiked door? :P
  • Serp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serp polycounter lvl 17
    lol 20 dungeon designers
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    I just want to say thanks to all the people who worked on this game and may be reading this thread. Playing Skyrim has renewed my faith in RPG's. It's the first time I have felt immersed in a game since... well since Majora's Mask, perhaps. Sure, I could point out a few things I thought would be better, but seriously, graphics are secondary for me in RPG's. I play for the experience, and Skyrim delivers over and over for me on that level.

Yesterday I was on my way to some major city for a quest, and my NPC companion and I were traveling together. I was on horseback. It was night and we were in some sort of blizzard passing through a snowy valley. Suddenly an arrow whizzed by my head and my NPC companion sprung into action quick enough to allow me some time to get off my horse and snipe a few of the bandits with my arrows. Hell, my horse even helped kill a mage. My fucking horse! Other times it runs away and I can't find the damn thing... lol. I was so proud of it :). It felt like I was in some LOTR movie and had walked into an ambush. The eerie silence was real, the ambush was real, the combat was real.

I just got to Solitude last night for the main story. HOLY SHIT, I don't think I'm ever going to leave this city. Everyone seemed to have something for me to do, or an interesting story to tell or information I actually cared about on various topics. I even sat down in the tavern and listened to the bard play for a bit while eating my real life dinner.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a dork, I think. But man, it feels good to be immersed like this. Skyrim delivers and I'm extremely happy with the purchase. Best game of 2011 thus far, and the only thing you have to worry about peeling me away from this game is Skyward Sword. Even then, I can see myself returning time and time again. I can't wait to see some of the mods for this game! I REALLY want to see a high res texture pack. :)
  • doubledope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doubledope polycounter lvl 7
    I have been sucked into the world of skyrim for a few days now and totally love it. I have to paint and decorate my new house and when I get home at about 10 p.m. I play till I suddenly realize it's 3 a.m. :)

My best friend doesn't want me around when he plays a new game for the first time as I always tend to explain every single pixel that is off and what they should have done to fix it. I just can't help it, I love to do that and nowadays I know how to make about anything that a games throws at me. However, the trails of small snow that gets blown up when walking on a snow covered mountain strikes me. I have absolutely no idea how they achieved to make it look this good. Anyone care to explain?

Talking about snow, I love how the different type of snow are done. A little bit of gently descending snow, heavy snow falling, snow storms. WOW! It's not just falling snow, it has some kind of magic feeling about it how it falls down of those huge dark grey clouds and gently touches you're skin.

Truly love TES games since daggerfall and to me it's one of the best examples of progression in games, sometimes at a cost of complexity. One good example is that you can now not search every container in the game, some are just artistic props. Brownish barrels are non searchable, the more white ones are. At first it felt a bit of a let down but when I realized I didn't spend hours when walking into a storage room to search every single sack or barrel, it became apparent why they choose to do it this way.

However, some nitpicks graphics wise that stand out for me which causes me to think "what were they thinking!":
    - shader of 3d snow: They use a shader that gradually builds up snow and isn't a static texture. Brilliant in essence, but why does it has to be completely white? probably a tradeoff to the technique used, but it looks just plain wrong to me.
    - I have been making a lot of experiments with parallax occlusion mapping and what i've noticed is that here is a sweet spot where it give a very good result but the effect is still subtle enough. For every shader this sweet spot seems to be different, so it's mainly eyeballing till you get the desired result. The problem with the TES series graphics wise has been that it's such a huge environment with such a huge amount of artist that it takes tremendous amounts of art direction to get everything to have the same feel about it. Morrowind is a good example to me where lots of different styles where mashed together. Oblivion was better, Skyrim is the best yet. I think it is one of the best art direction in games I have seen for a long time. Still different styles are noticeable. 90% of the shaders are on the sweet spot, while 10% are off, sometimes the effect is too subtle and therefor hardly noticeable, sometimes the effect is pushed too much and comes screaming at you. The latter is worse in my opinion and I like to think of it as different artists decisions, I might be wrong there.
    - physics: Most of the things are too light weighted in this game. I don't mind an apple to bounce around but everyone here that stumbled upon a handcart knows what I am talking about. The amount of force used when running into it quadruples in it's output. When we had something like that in the real world, we wouldn't have an energy crisis :)

One of the small little touches I like most in the game right now is the ability to zoom in and rotate around every object in your inventory. Not just hard-on-material to anyone with a 3D fetish like me, but a compliment to the great work of the 3D and texture artists, I think I spend 10% of my time in skyrim gasping at the inventory screen.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Ahrkey wrote: »
    Anyone else playing stealthy and know how it works... Bushes/Trees doesn't seem to hide you very well. Is it lighting-based?

Yo! Uber stealth thief here. I can't really tell. I think its based on light and sound you make while moving, but it all seems to change as you level up so I can't really tell. I'm at the stage where I can basically sneak alongside someone in broad daylight and they don't seem to see me.

Also get the 15x damage perk for the dagger. That shit is ridiculous.:poly142:

eld wrote: »
    First time I wanted to fill a chest in my house with ingredients, I just clicked through them, because that's how you loot stuff ;)

Imagine my surprise to this inconsistency :P
    Ahaha, I did this too. Whoops I just ate a large shitmix of poisonous herbs!
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Oh Lydia!
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/15/skyrim-companion-lydia/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29&utm_content=Netvibes

Yeah I'm doing a sneak/pickpocket/archery thief, it's quite fun. I've reached 100 in pickpocket, so now I can steal the equipped armor off my victims before backstabbing them for x15 damage, works well. :D

Skyrim <3
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    I had the most fun I've had in a while last night.

I was doing one of the companion quests and had an NPC with me. As I approached the area I noticed a Dwemer structure in a mountain. I went inside and was greeted with a Khajiit skooma addict. As I went further and further in I discovered a huge hollowed out mountain with Dwemer structures winding down and down and down a spiral staircase.

I was intrigued because the journals mentioned treasure. I must have been in there for a good hour. By the end I had to fight two giant centurions and then there were two imperials who were fighting over the treasure.

Anyway to my surprise it was another one of those "You lack the item" altars so I'm going to get that item today and discover the treasure. Can't wait.

Oh yeah and I got bored of being a powerful mage so I am using my large collection of weapons and heavy armour.