ijLC1k.jpg

This was a fun gun :D
  • POFFINGTON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    POFFINGTON polycounter lvl 11
    Uly wrote: »
    jstout_BC_10.jpg
    implemented a bunch of suggestions from helpful folks. image links to the main thread. *now* im moving on. killer work in here, as usual. :]

This is amazing! Did you get the awesome lens flare(esc) like effect with a particle?
  • System
  • build.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    build. polycounter lvl 11
    starting new character.

charheadwip.jpg
  • PDC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PDC polygon
    build. wrote: »
    starting new character.

Reminds me of the art style from Brink. Any influence there?
    Loving it so far, looking forward to more!
  • build.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    build. polycounter lvl 11
    yes, essentially building a brink like character. nom. :poly142:
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    StevenEgan wrote: »
    That's looking sweet Mr Smo

Got the forearms fixed!

MinoHulkRender2.jpg
    This is amazing!
    Just had to pop out of my toll hole to say I love it.

I'm wondering about that thing popping out of his neck that looks like the clavicle.
    Is it maybe the omohyoid muscle?
    it doesnt quite like its going towards the right medial anchor point to be the clavicle.
    Figuring out how to put a bulls head on human shoulders and make it look as believable as it does must have been a bitch, and those little inconsistencies are made all the more glaring when its in this surreal style
    just my three pesos.
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    3 hour still life study on really focused on trying to get reflection down. Used Cad Yellow, Burnt Umber, Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, and Titanium White.
    193594_10150114510133509_721178508_6600397_4186007_o.jpg
  • jeremiah_bigley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    Nice Chicken Omnione! lol
    And digging the character/textures Mr Smo!

Here is something from my WIP THREAD

Here is my new project.
    I am not really liking where it is right now but it is at least to a point where I am not too embarrassed to show it. I am trying something I have never done before... which is a slightly cartoony hand painted feel. The textures are FAR from done. Most are either first pass textures/ solid colors or not textured at all. No spec maps right now... Only diffuse and normals. The lighting is a rough pass too. I will tweak that when I am done texturing.

I was made with about 23 modular pieces. It is kinda a lot but it includes a bunch of the small objects that add variation. The layout isn't anything but me just viewing pieces. I placed them in such a way that I could see everything in one go. I will make it more "level-like" when I am done texturing.

Let me know what you guys think?

post_38_large.jpg
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    Hello everyone! i finished SplashDamage env artist test task
    here it is :
    Max_screens_comp_SD_TT_Titus.jpg
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Oooh. So much cool.
    Currently working on a presentation sheet and funky video for this prop I made. I can now join the 1940s and 50s radio club.
    Considering desaturating it a bit for a more vintage look...
    477 Polys 512 texture.

radiocapture01.jpg
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    Thats awesome! I like it a lot! Was it based on any ref or just from your head?
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah the reference is a photo I found online - google image search or flickr or sumin. Photo is in the center of this lot. (I'm thinking of making a bit of a scene if I have the time).
    reference.jpg
  • ez_jamin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inspired by omnione and watching 'let me in' to do some lowishpoly stuff.
    PER-LetMeIn-Abby-Small.jpg
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    After a lot of spaghetti man mutations i finally have a realtime mocap with kinect that is showable!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8citLUgu8gE[/ame]
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    Fomori wrote: »
    Yeah the reference is a photo I found online - google image search or flickr or sumin. Photo is in the center of this lot. (I'm thinking of making a bit of a scene if I have the time).
    reference.jpg

Thats awesome i have nnever seen anything like that! It looks awesome well done man!
  • Rojo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This homemade Kinect mocap stuff is pretty interesting, cool stuff. How responsive is it? It looks like there are some latency issues or is that just because of the video framerate?
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    Steven: Fuck that minotaur is great. Best proportions and anatomy. Also, you can't go wrong with a stogie.

POFFINGTON: Hey man, sadly that's the one bit added as a post effect in photoshop. When I finished the scene, Unreal didn't support bokeh depth-of-field. The new version does, but I can't seem to get the effect working. (I'm thinking my vid card might be too old.) There's no reason a similar, better looking effect could be done in real-time though with the stuff that Crytek and Epic have shown out of GDC.

Jaythurm: Cool knife. :] The mirroring on the top and bottom of the hilt is a little distracting though. Granted, in a game where a character is holding it all the time, it'd never be a problem. Nice work!

Jeremiah: that's looking really great. i'm no tile-layer, but the one thing that looks off to me is the corner trim on the tiles that hit the 'ceiling'. I've never seen tiles with a 90 degree concave bend in them. (thats not to say they dont exist.) Great work with the bricks where they fade off into the dirt wall.
    Titus:
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    jaythurm wrote: »
    Hey guys! I have not posted in a while. enjoy :)

American McGee's Alice Knife
    1490 Tris: 1024x2048 (Diffuse, Spec, Normal)

aliceknifesheet.jpg

That's one nice knife but damn, what's going on with the topology on the handle?! Hundreds of useless edge loops and it's just messy overall. You could cut the tri count to less than half by cleaning the handle.
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango + 1, the handle topology on that knife is nuts!
    Also, is there a particular reason youve baked out object space normals rather than tangent space normals jaythurm? Still, it looks lovely other than that!

Ive never used this thread, it actually escaped my notice, (im not very observant) so i thought id put some progress on my work here rather than bumping my own thread with unfinished work.
    g36c.jpg
    VERY VERY work in progress, alot of details missing (the trigger even)
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Rojo wrote: »
    This homemade Kinect mocap stuff is pretty interesting, cool stuff. How responsive is it? It looks like there are some latency issues or is that just because of the video framerate?
    The framerate of the video recording is pretty low, there is not much latency but it gets higher the higher the damping is. There is some jittering though and it gets messy when a bone gets hidden. Also, still looking into getting it better setuped in Motion Builder, things like head and feet dont get really tracked currently. But overall its already a lot of fun acting as my own created characters! :)
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    who cares about latency. you dont need a realtime feed to capture data.. especially if you're doing it in your living room!

the only problem except the skinning that I noticed was that the elbow didnt seem to have the same position a lot of times. like when reaching over your head, the skeletal feed was correct, but the data that was inputted to the character didnt get any lower arm rotation or bicep twist going.. maybe just a missmatch because of the test and what not.

also, you can only mocap in a 2d space right?
    can you walk around, closer and further away from the camera and get that information as well? guess so?..
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    fun stuff davision!
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    who cares about latency. you dont need a realtime feed to capture data.. especially if you're doing it in your living room!

the only problem except the skinning that I noticed was that the elbow didnt seem to have the same position a lot of times. like when reaching over your head, the skeletal feed was correct, but the data that was inputted to the character didnt get any lower arm rotation or bicep twist going.. maybe just a missmatch because of the test and what not.

also, you can only mocap in a 2d space right?
    can you walk around, closer and further away from the camera and get that information as well? guess so?..
    yea, there is lot of mismatch going on, when i start the tracking i need to be in a t-pose and when in apply the character to it in Motion Builder it seems i need to have the exact same pose and position to get it match properly, that video was already one of the better matches. Capture is full 3D, that view with me rigged shows also the depth map, so i can move around aslong as im in the view of the camera. Problem is always when bones of me are not seen by the system.
    rooster wrote: »
    fun stuff davision!
    indeed, lots of fun! :)
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you mind putting a tutorial for the real time mocap up? trying to do it here as well and keep failing :D
  • Gungriffon Geona
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gungriffon Geona polycounter lvl 18
    VOG9J.png
    first attempt at both a human head and major sub-D work. I'm not too keen on the results, so I'm robably gonna bring it over to zbrush or sculptris and play around with it.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    This was a very helpful tutorial for me:
    http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/louis/3ds_max_and_motion_builder_workflow_and_a_bit_of_kinect (last video)
    and for all the things you need to install first look here:
    http://www.brekel.com/?page_id=170
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    scotthomer wrote: »
    felipefrango + 1, the handle topology on that knife is nuts!
    Also, is there a particular reason youve baked out object space normals rather than tangent space normals jaythurm? Still, it looks lovely other than that!

Ive never used this thread, it actually escaped my notice, (im not very observant) so i thought id put some progress on my work here rather than bumping my own thread with unfinished work.
    g36c.jpg
    VERY VERY work in progress, alot of details missing (the trigger even)

Looking great so far man!
  • daphz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    non digital/game art stuffs.

goons_on_deck.png

I'm calling them "goons" and this camera is awful...
  • PDC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PDC polygon
    Ninjas wrote: »
    suckitdown.jpg

Careful, Ninjas, first reads as "i suck it down!" instead of an upside down "!"
    Unless that's what you're going for lol
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    PDC wrote: »
    Careful, Ninjas, first reads as "i suck it down!" instead of an upside down "!"
    Unless that's what you're going for lol

I was really struggling to make something more stupid and embarrassing than the original.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    On the other hand, "i'm gonna make me my bitch" wouldn't work as well...
  • jakelear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jakelear polycounter lvl 14
    Ninjas wrote: »
    I was really struggling to make something more stupid and embarrassing than the original.

legacy_romero2.jpg

Cool guyz
  • tristamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristamus polycounter lvl 9
    @Mik2121 - Nice, I love seeing nature in UDK.

However, I can tell by your material in the material editor that you wasted a TON of uv space!! You should have a 1024 by 512 or something! You coulda had so much more detail for your plant!!
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slaught polycounter lvl 18
    125-1.jpg

Finished the texture.
    I want to build a small diorama and pose him.

@Ninjas, Davision
    Sweet.
  • Mik2121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mik2121 polycounter lvl 9
    tristamus wrote: »
    @Mik2121 - Nice, I love seeing nature in UDK.

However, I can tell by your material in the material editor that you wasted a TON of uv space!! You should have a 1024 by 512 or something! You coulda had so much more detail for your plant!!

Oh, no no no. Sorry, I should have been more specific. I used the left side of my texture for that, but I've been working on a couple more natural objects (a shell/mushroom thing and another plant) in the same texture. Right now it's fairly packed, with only a small space for 2 small leaves that I will make later =)

Here's how the texture is looking now:

3VYzC.jpg

s69v9.jpg

You can see another plant set on the left side, and the blue things in the middle.

I'm not done with the blue mushroom yet, though.. as right now it looks more like some sort of stone or fossil, or even a shell, than an actual mushroom.

Anyone, as soon as I get done with the whole texture (ie, probably another small plant set) I will post it here again :P

Thanks for the comments!
  • Grimm_Wrecking
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grimm_Wrecking polycounter lvl 8
    Decided to give Titus S's gun a whirl. Friend wanted to see my sub-d workflow so I'm screen capping the whole thing. If you peeps be interested in a time lapse or something I'll take it to school's campus and edit it down.

titus_wip_a_1.jpg

titus_wip_a_2.jpg

titus_wip_a_3.jpg

titus_wip_a_4.jpg

titus_wip_a_5.jpg

Original Thread and concept art.
  • Gingerkiwi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Grimm, A timelapse would be awesome if you could get it out? Looks great atm
  • Mik2121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mik2121 polycounter lvl 9
    Last version of the plants and nature stuff I was doing:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DTSOz574kk&hd=1[/ame]

mushroom01.jpg
    mushroom02.jpg
    mushroom03.jpg

And one with some Color Grading going on
    mushroom04.jpg

Sorry for the image spam.
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    I love the texturing on those leaves mik!
    I've been trying to get my sculpts to look like they have skin on them, lots more work to do but its 5:35 and I need to go to bed X_X
    BPR_Render4.jpg
  • Hatsya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well... I'm working on this guy, for my first 3D game, which is aimed to be played by both laptop gamers and desktop gamers, and also be an anime-styled sci-fi 3rd person shooter.

He'll be there as a rescue-able NPC actually.
    NGSxED%20Hatsuya%20WIP.jpg

NOTE: as much as I'd like to apply toon shader on this character, but doing so might disappoint me, and other laptop gamers due to the fact that Mobile Intel does not have decent GLSL support...
  • pixelherder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelherder polycounter lvl 18
    finished up a pic based on a recent speedpaint topic - "Villain"

just your bog standard evil baby genius with mind control amplifier ray and hover-pram

babyvillain_web.jpg

might be nice to do this as a sculpt/model at some point too
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Pixel, you are a pretty cool guy. Keep em coming. I'd love to see more in this style. Perhaps a baby frankenstein etc. Dig the colors and overall texture/lighting.

I'm your fan now.
  • Free_Fall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Free_Fall polycounter lvl 8
    Something extra for the Halftrack I'm doing.

sdah51.jpg
  • Hatsya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow... Free_Fall, I can just imagine he'd be better off in a dirty ground, visually and imaginatively speaking.

I guess I should rather put my WIP on the mobile/low-poly thread instead...
  • DEElekgolo
  • Hatsya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's one 16-bit character ghost/deserter you got out there! Color-wise, it reminds me of how Another World was made.
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Pixel Hurder, that looks amazing. Love it!

Some more progress on the G36c im working on.
    g36c.jpg
  • pixelherder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelherder polycounter lvl 18
    scotthomer wrote: »
    @Pixel Hurder, that looks amazing. Love it!

Some more progress on the G36c im working on.

ha, small world! you again :) enjoyed meeting you on wed at uni for the "talk" i gave, see you soon at crytek (and on here too!)
This discussion has been closed.