Home Stickies

What Are You Working On? 2011 Edition!

Replies

• Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    I was trying to choose a serious BRAWL fighter character when I thought of this lol, I seriously doubt anyone is going to do pikachu XD

lpikachunks.jpg

haha, electro nipples. He'd walk around saying "BEEF BEEF".

Awesome minator btw StevenEgan, I like the cutesy eyes lol.
  • MissFlesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Work in progress I wanted to show. Only the face I'm happy with so far.

colouredhead.jpg
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crylar polycounter lvl 18
    coming along :)
    foul_cutie_by_crylar-d3bq1s8.png

Slaught - That looks awesome, I wanna see wires of that :)
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    LOL, beefachu. :-D

Thinking of finishing this before working on my comp 3d, too close to finished to leave it much longer.

zombie_link_04.jpg
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    SaferDan wrote: »
    Well i had massive issues with this tbh i made a base mesh in maya but left a massive hole where the back legs are ¬_¬ i have no idea how i did that! but yeah after 2 hours in Z-brush i realised! so i decimated it , fixed the hole in maya and then put it back in Z-brush. It was probably a bad thing to do! But yeah i realise that i can sub divide loads its more a case of what brushes to use etc! but yeah thanks for the advice guys :)

Here are my suggestions.

To get fine detail (like thin part lines, you need to subdivide above the million mark. I find around 3 mill is enough. If you need finer detail you have to convert to HD geometry.

For breasts, try the move elastic brush with a low intensity but a fairly wide brush and a mid range focal point. In x you'll be able to pull some nice forms out and move them down to get the breast folds. Understand though that it's pulling the mesh so if you want finer detail in that area, you'll have to do a local subdivide. That tutorial is on the web.
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    katana wrote: »
    Here are my suggestions.

To get fine detail (like thin part lines, you need to subdivide above the million mark. I find around 3 mill is enough. If you need finer detail you have to convert to HD geometry.

For breasts, try the move elastic brush with a low intensity but a fairly wide brush and a mid range focal point. In x you'll be able to pull some nice forms out and move them down to get the breast folds. Understand though that it's pulling the mesh so if you want finer detail in that area, you'll have to do a local subdivide. That tutorial is on the web.

Thank you Katana but im not sculpting the woman but the first piece of advice was awesome! It turns out i really wasnt using enough geo!

Here is an updated version what do you guys think? I mean it needs more bashing up but i think its ok? Maybe? I am worried it looks TOO smooth!

dragon1.jpg
  • kevlar jens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mouth study.
    An hour or so in ZBrush.

mouthstudy_zbrush_15mars.png
  • Monolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Monolith polycounter lvl 18
    All the hard work today on the Arm and still no Gatling... I guess full renders are way more interesting to watch, dunno what has ridden me yesterday just doing the arm.
    RC2_06.jpg
    Spent half an eternity fixing scaling problems on the length/height ratio of the arm. Still having a blast working on him =)
  • MissMaddyTaylor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MissMaddyTaylor greentooth
    I was trying to choose a serious BRAWL fighter character when I thought of this lol, I seriously doubt anyone is going to do pikachu XD

lpikachunks.jpg

Awesome minator btw StevenEgan, I like the cutesy eyes lol.

WIN!
  • Thriller Theater
    just finished a really skiny guy and wanted some change so I started sketching this. Just two hours of work put in at this point, but the idea is to continue.

fatso1.jpg
  • tda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16

lpikachunks.jpg

This is absolutely amazing
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Monolith wrote: »
    All the hard work today on the Arm and still no Gatling... I guess full renders are way more interesting to watch, dunno what has ridden me yesterday just doing the arm.
    RC2_06.jpg
    Spent half an eternity fixing scaling problems on the length/height ratio of the arm. Still having a blast working on him =)

Outstanding man.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Did something a bit different for fun. Self portrait cartoon runner version.

runner_004.jpg
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11

Thinking of finishing this before working on my comp 3d, too close to finished to leave it much longer.

zombie_link_04.jpg

Awesome. That is literally all I can say.
  • Rojo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Playing around with this, shackles are game res. Skull still needs a lot of fixes before baking.

Is the glowing lame? Maybe they'll look better with non-emissive speckles.

timdeneau.dungeon.render.20010315.jpg
  • PolyMonstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

zombie_link_04.jpg

All those pitfalls, traps, giant shielded spiders, dragons, manhandlas, octorocks, etc finaly took their toll on poor link :(

But man, is it great to see one of the people whos work has continued to inspire me posting up today :D Is there any mesh depth in where the bone section is? or is it fairly symmetrical across the face?
  • Rayph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rayph polycounter lvl 13
    Hot damn monolith that makes the nerd inside me cry tears of joy.
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    Slaught wrote: »
    rob01.jpg

Trying to finish some old stuff.
    I´m kind of having trouble with the pixel style on the guy, so any advice is welcome. :)

really cool!!
  • MissMaddyTaylor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MissMaddyTaylor greentooth
    STRIKER and I just got some sweet hoodies. ;]

teamgs.png
  • Kosai106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kosai106 polycounter lvl 13
    Haha, those shirts sure looks lovely.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    flowerpothr.jpg

rendered in MeshBin
  • [SF]Three9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    prawn_render.jpg

Is this possible? Have I actually become a good artist?

While I hope you all enjoy this little posed render, I just want to say one thing. I am damn proud of myself :)
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    Mostly finished with this bad boy...maybe..I dunno...

brew3.jpg
  • omnione
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finally have a little time again to make models! I have been lurking around here for a while but never had the time to make models and post. Hopefully thats about to change! This a great place to post and collect feedback to improve da skills... Been trowing together a couple of low poly models to get back into modeling... sort of a warm up for things to come... :)

micro_pig.jpg
    micro_tank.jpg

Am working on another low poly model right now. Its just too much fun to stop! Will do a few more as part of a micro series...

... I've also been working on this one... she is low poly ( Y ) not part of the series.

aleysha_low.jpg

Feedback and crits welcome!
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Three9: Nice work dude, the only thing that bugs me is the eyes, they seem very.. fullbright at the moment. Work on getting the specular and gloss right, maybe make it a little darker so the highlights are more concentrated, also if you make the diffuse darker and the spec just a little brighter it might help. Everything else I can't poke on :P

Also pose-wise, see if you can close the eyes a little bit, even for an alien having them that open looks unnatural.
    Just my opinion :) I loved District 9 and it's awesome seeing some game rez stuff for it :D
  • [SF]Three9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Skam :) Yea after i posted it i lol'ed at the eyes. I'll see about fixing it up tomorrow :). Appreciate the feedback
  • rexus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
    screenshot1.jpg
    working on textures
  • illusion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    illusion polycounter
    @ Maph Thanks for the compliment :)
    I didn't recorded video of this one, but I did another short video of hair sculpting. Nothing special, frankly speaking. Only 2 brushes - ClayTubes and Standart

http://vimeo.com/21102294

@ cw, Uly, thank you guys! ) Uly this is a little stylized sculpture but yes, it has some anatomical bugs, I'll try to fix it.

woogity Thank you! Really pleased you like it :)
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    Damn... Terrabite is a babe

Feed bad for Striker and his lazy eye.
    Just joshing :)

Great stuff from Crylar and Luke!! <3 I love the little guy
  • Maph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph polycounter lvl 8
    illusion wrote: »
    @ Maph Thanks for the compliment :)
    I didn't recorded video of this one, but I did another short video of hair sculpting. Nothing special, frankly speaking. Only 2 brushes - ClayTubes and Standart

http://vimeo.com/21102294

Neat, reminds me a bit of Fabriccio Torres' video. :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/vcNnCCpNaco
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All those pitfalls, traps, giant shielded spiders, dragons, manhandlas, octorocks, etc finaly took their toll on poor link :(

But man, is it great to see one of the people whos work has continued to inspire me posting up today :D Is there any mesh depth in where the bone section is? or is it fairly symmetrical across the face?

Thanks. Right now the face is symetrical but I plan to edit the lip area to remove the lip polys. Trying to keep it as close to 2k as possible and I'm already over by a bit.

Dan! wrote: »

brew3.jpg

Liking this a lot. One crit I'd have is that the orange is a bit monochromatic. A bit of desaturated or faded areas would help pull it together. That or a quick fake occlusion lighting pass to make the shapes read against each other visually.

omnione wrote: »
    I finally have a little time again to make models! I have been lurking around here for a while but never had the time to make models and post. Hopefully thats about to change! This a great place to post and collect feedback to improve da skills... Been trowing together a couple of low poly models to get back into modeling... sort of a warm up for things to come... :)

micro_pig.jpg
    micro_tank.jpg

Am working on another low poly model right now. Its just too much fun to stop! Will do a few more as part of a micro series...

... I've also been working on this one... she is low poly ( Y ) not part of the series.

aleysha_low.jpg

Feedback and crits welcome!

Dang these are nice. Love the chrome texture of the tank and her thighs are amazing.
  • Poribo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poribo polycounter lvl 13

brew3.jpg

Nice, awesome texture painting. For some reason, I keep thinking of Trojan horse every time I look at it haha.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    @Ominione: Man, that pig is pure win! I love it! The tank ang girl are great too, but I specially like the pig. Congrats!
  • ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    omnione: That is beautiful! Love it!
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Have my Evil Knight with his "evil horse" and lance in the UDK:
    evilknightudk.jpg
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    very cool Davision
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
  • paradise.engineering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    paradise.engineering polycounter lvl 11

brew3.jpg

looks incredible!
  • omnione
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot guys! Thats a big motivation to keep going :)
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slaught polycounter lvl 18
    @Crylar
    Thanks.
    Here´s a wireframe:
    rob0wi.jpg
    I like the little guy, lots of character! :)

@poop
    Sweet work dude!

@omnione
    Thunderthighs.
    Love the textures!

@Davision
    Haha that´s awesome. :D
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    omnione: Those models are super cool! I love the tank :D
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    MrOneTwo: Nice hand canon!

Here is what I've been working on, calling this one done and moving onto the next project :)

beauty_1.jpg
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crylar polycounter lvl 18
    Omione - that tank is baaadass!! Love it :D The chick is cool to :p

Face is starting to look done :)
    foul_cutie_texture_wip_by_crylar-d3brlbu.png

BTW, any tip for a good pic srever? now I'm using DA but would rather find a site dedicated to this, one that hosts it in the same quality as you upload it as?
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    [SF]Three9 wrote: »
    prawn_render.jpg

Is this possible? Have I actually become a good artist?

While I hope you all enjoy this little posed render, I just want to say one thing. I am damn proud of myself :)

oh man that looks ace, would be cool to get a shader on that that looks like slime/shiny also work on the spec more :)

also as mention befor the eyes looke a bit flat.
  • [SF]Three9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae! you! you're the guy with the D9 environment! what happened with it man? Your stuff was looking great! You better pick it back up D:. Idk if my prawn matches your style or even if you'd want to use him, but you're more than welcome to use my prawn in your scene if you pick it back up

Thanks for the comment man :) I don't know a lot about shaders so idk if I could do that lol, but it would be cool to see.
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk wrote: »
    gun3.jpg

bang bang low poly.

Looks sweet Jesse. Is this with Xouli or whatever, or 3Point?
  • Abe_hokage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello there! a little update on some doodling :)
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    probably not going to get to finish this before the brawl is over, so calling it done (for now) (tm)

zombie_link_05.jpg

zombie_link_spin.gifzombie_link_tex.jpg
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    [SF]Three9 wrote: »
    ae! you! you're the guy with the D9 environment! what happened with it man? Your stuff was looking great! You better pick it back up D:. Idk if my prawn matches your style or even if you'd want to use him, but you're more than welcome to use my prawn in your scene if you pick it back up

Thanks for the comment man :) I don't know a lot about shaders so idk if I could do that lol, but it would be cool to see.

I have some plans for the D9 scene but after i complete my killzone kart :P

but yeah keep working on it buddy looks real nice, i would search online for tutorials on how to get those effects working on the model.

Is that a 3ds max shot or in a game engine?
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks Matt..

It's the Xoliul shader. I am trying that one out along with 3Point and Marmoset before doing my final layout. =)
This discussion has been closed.