Home Contests & Challenges Archives Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Haha this contribution wave was just great (engi headphones what... are those?... what the?... how?.... I was shocked -> glad that they liked my suggested item name (probably it was the key :D))
    Congrats to those who were lucky this time and good luck to everyone in next wave.
    Meanwhile wish me luck in finding Noors fireman's helmet :D (must have!!!)
  • TerabyteST
    Hi guys I'm new.. I'm modeling a spy hat in blender. I have a big problem tho. I'd need a model that contains the bip_head bone, but the obj file found in OP doesn't contain bones, and I can't open the other files (.max and .fbx). I tried decompiling the spy model, but I can't find a smd importer that works..
    So I'm pretty stuck..

If anyone has a .blend file of the spy with bones and correct dimensions, it would be awesome.. Or maybe just a .3ds.. The deal is that it has to contain the bones.

Or maybe, you could suggest me a working smd importer, if you have one? :)

Here's a pic of the hat anyway.. It's kind of a joke about the spy :P
    preview4.png
  • yoplatz
    1.png3.png
    I'm very new to this, but here's my hat so far. It's supposed to be a wolf head.
  • limesimme
    Offline / Send Message
    limesimme polycounter lvl 11
    Grats spetch, Daimao, Gerre and Noors!
    I believed in you from the start Noors!
    Gotta get it gotta get it!!
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    ant wrote: »
    Kosai106- cool weapon, looks beefy:poly124:

Simski ,spetch---thanks!:)

slight deviation to scout hats

wip - mercury hat
    mecury%27s-hat-4-scout.jpg
    Damnit. I was going to make one of those as soon as I'd gotten Maya running on my laptop again.

Oh and hats off to the folks who got their work in the game again.
  • Spacey
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacey polycounter lvl 18
  • Sharkisss
    Tried on creating a Visor for engie. I'm not so good on modeling, this is my second hat. It is not finished. it needs texturing and some modeling.
    engievisor6.jpg
    engievisor4.jpg
    engievisor1.jpg
  • Acumen
    Offline / Send Message
    Acumen polycounter lvl 18
    just browsed the tf2 wiki for the hats and can't think of any more funny hats. then after browsing this thread this resulted in even -2 less thinking of any more funny hats. so SCREW YOU creative people making awesome hats day after day !!!!

:D
  • ScudzAlmighty
    looks like a good start sharkisss, (though you can probably get away with posting 1 or 2 images instead of every possible angle and we'd get the idea ;)

do you have access to visor? I don't but I'm not sure the brim connects to the band that way, I think it's sown on to the front, somethin to think about.
  • Sharkisss
    I know what u mean. I see it now too . I'm going to edit it and fix that :) Thanks for the pointer
    (i toke out some photos)

Is this what u mean ?
    engievisorfix.jpg
  • Gerre
    Offline / Send Message
    Gerre polycounter lvl 10
    k9tgz4.jpg
    nnt8is.jpg
    This has been done before, but meh I wanted to make one myself.
    The rope will be jiggleboned.
  • Acumen
    Offline / Send Message
    Acumen polycounter lvl 18
    meh, i wish i would be able to create and compete in that tf2awesomesaucepolycountchallenge :D
    here's the latest hat doodles :o

mcdreamy.jpg

curlysanta.jpg

booyakasha.jpg
  • zenarion
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    Acumen wrote: »
    meh, i wish i would be able to create and compete in that tf2awesomesaucepolycountchallenge :D
    here's the latest hat doodles :o

mcdreamy.jpg

curlysanta.jpg

booyakasha.jpg

Made me lol!
  • Tomm
    hi :) my first post and first hat also .. well I think its finished.
    w17vt27cdebhv63xcgk.png
    wire:
    4tdr049opwxkfb9t9qsh.png
  • yoplatz
    Well it looks like a wolf now, ill start making the textures next.
    newpic.png
  • Pete
    Spacey wrote: »
    Da Black Mojo

dablackmojo_wip01.jpg

Really like this idea, can't wait to see the finished thing ;)
  • stoofoo
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    This thread makes me happy. For serious.
  • irtehchicken
    had a cool idea

i can only animate, i can't model for shit.

for the soilder, a solid snake hat, with eye goggle and mustache and such. can't beleive no one has done it yet.

ill provide a picture for reference

Joseph_Fritzl_Solid_Snake_MGS4.jpg
  • ant
    quick wip update, before texturing.........arrrgh...i wrote a whole bunch o comments and crits but the stupid page on preview post froze and i lost them..so maybe later.

crits always welcome.

heads.jpg
  • bloodmoon
    Offline / Send Message
    bloodmoon polycounter lvl 8
    Made two mockups on hats for Heavy. There are no textures attached to the modells yet just colored materials.

Seal-hat
    sealhat_heavy.jpg
    Lizzard/dragon-hat
    lizzardhat.jpg
  • Skamberin
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    had a cool idea

i can only animate, i can't model for shit.

for the soilder, a solid snake hat, with eye goggle and mustache and such. can't beleive no one has done it yet.

ill provide a picture for reference

That's probably because it breaks all rules in the competition and does in no way fit into the game.

Bloodmoon, that seal hat is hilarious!
  • Simski
    quick wip update, before texturing.........arrrgh...i wrote a whole bunch o comments and crits but the stupid page on preview post froze and i lost them..so maybe later.

crits always welcome.

heads.jpg

I think your modeling is absolutely awesome.

However I don't see how that turban makes sense on Demoman, and I hope people won't draw racist conclusions on why you choose to put it on that class... You know... a colored person with a turban handling dangerous explosives...
  • felipefrango
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    Simski wrote: »
    You know... a colored person with a turban handling dangerous explosives...

I have to agree with that. Not that I agree with the idea, but there's ALWAYS someone willing to play the race card for no reason. Other than that the gem on the turban seems a little high on the polycount but that's just nitpicking, I'd use any of these hats any day.:thumbup:
  • Skamberin
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Wow, that's funny. I'm part arab and I didn't even think about the whole turban explosives thing. I am loving those hats though ant, get em all done and submit :)
  • ant
    thank you for the comments.
    I really appreciate the feedback, and pertinent points
    the initial reason i modeled the "turban' is to match or compliment the big ass double handed scimitar i wanted for the demo.....and its actually a "Royal Persian" flavor mix i was going for.
    Hahha nothing to do with explosives and more to do with flying carpets! in fact . inspired by a distant memory of *gasp* orphan annie's Punjab. not really race inspired at all. but delicious points!!!

poly (tri) count is 874
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    So when are those WIP threads gonna be going up...curses to whoever thought of the slingshot lol. Was gonna use that as one of the items for my sniper 3 pack contest thing.
  • Simski
    thank you for the comments.
    I really appreciate the feedback, and pertinent points
    the initial reason i modeled the "turban' is to match or compliment the big ass double handed scimitar i wanted for the demo.....and its actually a "Royal Persian" flavor mix i was going for.
    Hahha nothing to do with explosives and more to do with flying carpets! in fact . inspired by a distant memory of *gasp* orphan annie's Punjab. not really race inspired at all. but delicious points!!!

poly (tri) count is 874

If you created a weapon and a hat in the same theme, create a third item in the same theme and you can enter the contest :O

Then again, I personally still think that your idea isn't related enough to Demoman's background neither as a cyklops, Scotsman, drunk, or demolitions expert :O
  • ant
    haiddasalami-- sorry dude..uhm.. sorry , if ur stuff rocks , I won't submit it.

Simski-- hmmmmm....gud plan!! but i have to post in another thread and im reaaallllyyyy lazy.:shifty:

but.. moorish hand cannon coming up ...thanks!
  • PatrickL
    Offline / Send Message
    PatrickL polycounter lvl 9
    scouthat.th.pngpikerspost.th.png

Never put the time into these that they deserved, and I only submitted the sniper hat... But figured I'd share.
  • ant
    TOMM- Great first post! its looks great ...weird but great presentation!

sharkiss, gurrre, acumen ( big up urself) - all looks gud.

Yoplatz-- maybe u cud tweak the silhohete from the side, it looks a bit .. flat. add a bit of charicature and emphasis to the wolfs form around the snout (nose needs to be a wee bit longer) , the snarl area of the snout the brow and ears and teeth.

i think u cud add some more polygons to play with there as well.

this type of form might help to define it more ( random net image) this crossed wit 1950's warner brothers coyote wud rock!

http://www.rodriguepralier.com/vrac/wolf_01_.jpg
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    haiddasalami-- sorry dude..uhm.. sorry , if ur stuff rocks , I won't submit it.

Simski-- hmmmmm....gud plan!! but i have to post in another thread and im reaaallllyyyy lazy.:shifty:

but.. moorish hand cannon coming up ...thanks!

lol just kidding...I might play with the idea of a slingshot more...
  • soso188
    rifel.jpg
    this is my idea for a sniper rifle replacement, its lacking the scope so far, its also not in a proper tf2 color texture. but hey, it a rifle, its based off the lee engfeld a British/ Aussie rifle
    anyone know how to get that classic tf2 texture? (also its not in triangles yet. my computer is in need of fixing)
  • ant
  • Red Communism
    This looks amazing; A good deal of yours went official, I see.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    really nice ant, excellent grasp of valve's texturing too:poly121:
  • Noggin
    Ive made a request in the other forum on how to get started with hat modeling with XSI (cos its the free one).

How about this Pyronaut NASA hat? Anyone want to have a bash at it?

pyronaut.jpg
  • KyleJensen
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    Noggin wrote: »
    Ive made a request in the other forum on how to get started with hat modeling with XSI (cos its the free one).

How about this Pyronaut NASA hat? Anyone want to have a bash at it?

pyronaut.jpg
    Why don't you have a bash at it? Every modeler here had to start somewhere. If you have little to no modeling skill, then this would be the perfect time start practicing.
  • Noggin
    I want to but im seriousley struggling with XSI, seems rather unfriendly. The only other 3d apps ive used is Swift 3D which I find much easier!

A few more mockups...

tf2_hats_1.jpg
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Noggin - What are you having issues with in XSI? You could try watch/doing some tutorials to get use to the interface/tools
  • AgeNt_
    here is my start on my first hat (not my first model)
    pyrohat0_0_1.jpg
    let me know what you think! should i continue on or start with a new one?
  • Rick_D
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick_D polycounter lvl 12
    Simski wrote: »
    You know... a colored person with a turban handling dangerous explosives...

I think you're the only person that drew that conclusion.
    And let's face it, it's a pretty silly conclusion...
  • ant
    well, movin along...
    chef.jpgchef_wire.jpg
  • Simski
    Rick_D wrote: »
    I think you're the only person that drew that conclusion.
    And let's face it, it's a pretty silly conclusion...

Don't change the fact that it's an eastern culture clothing on a european Scotsman who expresses no particular interest in that culture.

I don't see any reason it would fit Demoman other than racist stereotypes of colored people. If he says it's from a cartoon, it's too far fetched. A lot of people won't notice such a reference and will naturally assume it's a stereotype, as most other things in TF2 are based on stereotypes.

No offense Ant, I know you had only well intentions.
    chef.jpg
    Awesome work on the Pyro chef hat :3
    Daimao did a similar one a long time ago, although I believe your one fits the TF2 theme a bit better.
  • Wahlgren
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    A chef's hat eh. Gonna do one too for my BBQ-theme. DAMN YOU! DAAAAMN YOU!

Good work though :)
  • ant

N, P.i.g

-- sorry man. but dont stop it..keep going that'll be cool! heathly competition and all that , wat wat.
    everything i'm gonna do is posted a couple o pages back. i aint doing any more than that ,, I gotta finds me a job after all.........so.....just a heads up to idea hunters.

simski
    --- hahah srsly!...nP dude! this aint all that srs bznss, and it was a valid point considering the U.S is the largest TF2 market ;) lol..

ScudzAlmighty---cheers m8t!

i'm gonna share this yknow,,, I only just found out the sniper was supposed to be an aussie !! i always thought he was a cockney brit! ive been playin for a while 2!

his accent sucks and his saying's dont make sense here in OZ. it sounds like when the simpsons do an aussie accent or robert downly jnr ... they get it mixed with a kind of cockney/slang/brit hybrid. blow me down!!!
  • DerDude
    Offline / Send Message
    DerDude polycounter lvl 10

crits always welcome.

heads.jpg

haha awesome, i the chef hat
  • ahedoooo
    well, movin along...
    chef.jpgchef_wire.jpg

Oh!!!! please submit that

I would like to see this one in the game too (Made by Davision3D):

maskpyro2.jpg
  • ant
    ok ...quick question time