• felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Wait.. isn't that the main character's house from San Andreas (the one for sale)?
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The neighborhood looks similar but the houses are quite different.

830px-Johnson_House.jpg
  • lloyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The neighborhood looks similar but the houses are quite different.

830px-Johnson_House.jpg

please don't photoshop pictures of SA like this. no way did it look this bad :O

gta1.jpg
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol yeah, it's funny how our memories retain the visual impact we had at the time and we really do remember old games looking a lot better than they actually do. I wonder if we'll feel the same in like 10 years about recent games.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    lol yeah, it's funny how our memories retain the visual impact we had at the time and we really do remember old games looking a lot better than they actually do. I wonder if we'll feel the same in like 10 years about recent games.

I would say... YUH! i mean, we're always jaded with new and shinier toys... lol
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha yeah, totally but we see games like Rage and Crysis and I don't know, but personally I can't think of myself looking at it in ten years and saying it looks awful but then again I did say that about lots of games years ago.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    I've been spamming this everywhere!
    But I don't care cause http://youtu.be/oedGm--xaUI?t=1m16s
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robat wrote: »
    I've been spamming this everywhere!
    But I don't care cause http://youtu.be/oedGm--xaUI?t=1m16s

Going back? I never left, sucker!
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
  • JostVice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JostVice polycounter lvl 12
    Man, that was awesome. Colors are back! :) Loving how this looks, the contrast of poor-rich, those big mountains... the storyline sounds interesting too, probably player will start from high but something happens that he has to go after someone? :)

Also planes = more than one city? hell yes :D
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Stuff I see in the images:
    -hikers in mountains looks based on Yosemite or something
    -the windmills look like the area around Dublin hills, outside of San Francisco, near Interstate 580. Could be similar areas around LA tho?
    -The vineyards, well generally there are more in the central valley, central coast and north coast. Could just as well be based on some south coast wine area like Temecula tho..

These things could hint at an area larger than just LA + possible other cities? Very vague guesses..

bikes_in_gtav.jpg

That car; looks like Endo's AE86 tribute is in there. They might be reusing models ?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul wrote: »
    That car; looks like Endo's AE86 tribute is in there. They might be reusing models ?

I'm gonna have to put my "car guy" eyes on the video and see what I can pick out. :)
  • lloyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In cases like this reusing models is fine because its like the same world just a different part. and GTA have their own 'brands' so its probably a good thing. as long as its not all re-used

also just as reference
    lloyd wrote: »
    gta1.jpg

xlarge_vinewood16x9.jpg
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Im wondering the RDR was to test their engine in desert scenarios. It looks really realistic in some parts.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    rumor mill: Character narrating is Tommy from Vice City (possibly the older man in the suit)
    I listened to some clips of Vice City back to back with the trailer and thought "Pfft you're crazy", but the more I listened the less sure I was.

I pulled up this video where he's Mr Liotta is talking calmly in an interview instead of being shouty Tommy Vercetti in Vice City and...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi028sqCHn4"]Narc Interview With Ray Liotta - YouTube[/ame]
    ...I still don't know. If you factor in that he's taking a voice and then trying to age it by 25 years then, well, I dunno. Possibly? Possibly not. I'm not very good at this game.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Hot damn those scenes look awesome!

Anyone else see those shots where the police are chasing the guy down the alleyway and immediately think it was this guy?
    san-andreas-wallpaper-gta-grand-theft-auto-big.jpg
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Grove Street. Home. At least it was before I fucked everythanggggg up.
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apparently IGN or something contacted Liotta's representatives and they denied any participation in this trailer. Still could be Tommy though, they might have just used a different voice actor.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I read qutie awhile ago that the relationship between Ray Liotta and Rockstar was....not as good as it could be. If that's right I doubt very much he'd be doing any voicework, and I doubt Rockstar would use the same character with a different voice.
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm really confident the map's gonna be incredibly huge, with San Fierro and Las Venturas or at least some other city besides Los Santos. If I had to bet I'd say this is the first trailer on a series of others featuring different cities and main characters.

"This focus on Los Santos mirrors the strategy used in the first trailer for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Released on 20 August 2004, the reveal trailer for San Andreas strictly depicted the version of Los Santos in that game."

Also, San Andreas license plate.

san.jpg
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Omg i just came.... san andreas in HD yes please!!! i hope they bring go-carts back!
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    rolfness wrote: »
    should be moscow !

cue

lotsa hot russian babes !
    people moaning about how it was better under communism
    russian special forces
    corrupt politicians
    fake vodka production

I could go on and on ..

This! Give me a GTA set in Russia and I will actually go and buy it. I've never been too big of a fan of the 3D entries, but if they were to come up with a really unique location, I might go for it.

Speaking of the trailer, it looks great but sadly, I will pass. Sandbox gameplay just isn't for me.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    ebagg wrote: »
    Hot damn those scenes look awesome!

Anyone else see those shots where the police are chasing the guy down the alleyway and immediately think it was this guy?
    san-andreas-wallpaper-gta-grand-theft-auto-big.jpg

That's Cesar Vialpando (from SA), who, although it is difficult to tell from that pic is Hispanic. The dude running from the police in the white beater looks black... Could it be CJ?
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    I would love if you could use your bike to jump 2 meter fences again. Or over Trucks xD San Andreas, seriously the best GTA-game. Had everything ^^
  • JostVice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JostVice polycounter lvl 12
    We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

So no SF or LV... but it sounds like it will be big, maybe there are other towns. I'm happy it is not about gangs and it is more about money, loved VC story more than SA :)
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Could it be CJ?
    San Andreas is set in 1992. Assuming GTAV is set in present day, that'd make CJ almost 20 years older than the last time he appeared. He might be a bit past his running from the cops days.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Jackablade wrote: »
    San Andreas is set in 1992. Assuming GTAV is set in present day, that'd make CJ almost 20 years older than the last time he appeared. He might be a bit past his running from the cops days.

Good point :)
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackablade wrote: »

Only if you kept feed him burgers and not going to the gym. :)
  • Saman
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    It would be neat if Samuel L Jackson reprises his role for this game, and it was a larger role.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam wrote: »
    It would be neat if Samuel L Jackson reprises his role for this game, and it was a larger role.

Wasn't his character killed by the end of San Andreas?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    1 word....

nom.

I just want to know if the purple dildo weapon will make a comeback? :D

All I can say is corking work so far, looking forward to seeing whether it's going to be as heavy going as 4 or if you're let off the leash a bit more.

There were times I wanted to just muck about in 4 but you're bugged a lot by your friends wanting to go drinking/side missions which you should really do to get the better weapons, etc. It did put me off after a while, where as the previous games you were left to your own devices more and you had the choice of going in to missions or not or just dicking about seeing if you can cause carnage or put cars/boats in weird places (in GTA 3 I managed to get on to the 3rd island before doing any missions on the 2nd one, using a speed boat and the navy depot seawall ;) ).

Also I am wondering whether it's close to completion/release thus showing the trailer now so maybe the release date could be near to Thanks Giving or Christmas, would make sense seeing that the next big release for R* is spring (MP3).
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There's some rumor about the game being released in May 24th cause there's the number 2405 written in the trailer and apparently R* has a history of May game releases. Didn't even bother to check to be honest, sounds like nothing but rumors to me. I don't care about waiting as long as the final product is as polished and awesome as it's shaping up to be.

rbcpsm.png
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GTA V vs San Andreas - Screenshot Comparison

http://imgur.com/a/yk77n
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam wrote: »
    Oh!

Indeed.

That being said, having him doing VO in one form or another would indeed be badass.
  • Kot_Leopold
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kot_Leopold polycounter lvl 10
    GTA V vs San Andreas - Screenshot Comparison

http://imgur.com/a/yk77n
    Daaaaaaaaamn! Sick how big the difference is!:) It sure feels like I played San Andreas just yesterday - time flies by!
  • flaagan
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    JostVice wrote: »
    So no SF or LV... but it sounds like it will be big, maybe there are other towns. I'm happy it is not about gangs and it is more about money, loved VC story more than SA :)

Not necessarily. It didnt say only LS and none of the other San Andreas cities. It feels like a colossal gamble to not come out at the beginning and say it's just LS. It's only been a few days and already everyone's expecting multiple cities again.
    If they wait and announce one city later I imagine some blowback.

I feel like they could probably cram San Fierro in there...
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftk3f_0WZww&feature=feedu"]GTA V looks slightly better than San Andreas - YouTube[/ame]
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rumors!

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/3553/article/rumor-exclusive-gta-5-info-leaked-by-rogue-games-journalist/
    1: The game world is absolutely massive and will push both xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character ( an African/American, early 30's) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wildnerness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.
    2: The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less static.
    3: There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.
    4: There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.
    5: There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....
    6: Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)
    7: The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc.
    REAL JUICY INFO:
    1: Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.
    2: The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.
    3: Weapons include the usual arsenal you'd aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/buidling to use as a weapon. There is also a museam where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.
    4: it is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.
    5: mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.
    6: Character customisation is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can't be altered by race, age, height, etc.
    7: Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neigbourhood houses.
    8: No children NPC at all. Ever.
    9: There is now an ability to grab people and use as sheilds or in "hostage" situations.
    10: The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.
    11: You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.
    12: You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.
    13: Certain weapons can be customisable and some even home-made.
    14: One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...
    15: Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, Flickr stream from a Rockstar level designer that's sure to fuel the rumor mill for a while, with reference photos from the 3 cities in SA.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosswallace/collections/72157623803148118/
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ALSO, Walmart taking preorders with a delivery date of June 1st 2012.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25097/Walmart-Taking-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PreOrders/
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Oh man, I've been wanting to rampage on the strip in a GTA game FOREVER, please let Las Vegas be a location!
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm actually getting used to the idea of one giant Los Santos, would be better than 3 half assed cities. Speaking of which:

3dj9X.jpg
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    8: No children NPC at all. Ever.

i knew it would be hard to pull that in a game that allow random kill :(.
    but I still wish it has some good and complex crime game like yakuza 4.
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    I know he's leaving and all, but I can't help but feel that it's dickish on that Rockstar employee's part to do that.
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh absolutely, but then again, this might just be fake after all, there's nothing but rumors so far. If the trend started with past GTA titles continues, we should be getting some more info from Game Informer in the January issue, according to a sagacious Neogafer:

- GTA: VC hit off with the Kent Paul website in July 2002, followed in August with a Game Informer reveal.
    - GTA: SA was first shown in May 2004 prior to E3 with a screenshot, the Game Informer reveal was released in June right after E3.
    - GTA IV was revealed in a trailer released by Rockstar in March 2007 followed by a Game Informer spread in April 2007.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    aivanov wrote: »
    I know he's leaving and all, but I can't help but feel that it's dickish on that Rockstar employee's part to do that.

Its fake.