Home General Discussion

Crysis 2

Replies

• [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Crysis 2 Mod SDK & Community Dedi Server are going to be released today! :)

Get is here http://www.mycrysis.com/support/ Or at crymod.com when it's up.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Downloading now, thanks for the heads up HP. Have you dropped support for XSI? Only Max and Maya plugins available.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    The amount of tessellation shown is procedural and dependent of viewing distance. The closer you get, more geo is rendered on a mesh via the tessellation. Its all dynamically optimised for maximum performance vs rendering cost.

Check this video out :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkKtY2G3FbU#t=0m20s%E2%80%9C

Im very impressed with the ultra patch and textures...awesome work :)

Oh, don't get wrong, I have read the tech behind it and even tried it in UDK.

What I mean in places like the tire decals, the pipes on the ground, and a few other areas, had excessive tess'ing which not only looked 'stretched', but felt cheap.

Again, most likely a way to quell the raging of the PC community, so don't mind what I said.
  • yeman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel wrote: »

What I mean in places like the tire decals, the pipes on the ground, and a few other areas, had excessive tess'ing which not only looked 'stretched', but felt cheap.

Again, most likely a way to quell the raging of the PC community, so don't mind what I said.

I could be wrong but I believe a lot of the ground features are Parallax Occlusion Mapping, which was also supported back in Crysis 1.

And downloading the SDK now!!!
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Ace-Angel wrote: »

No, this is pretty spot on. The tessellation is a bit of a retro fit, as the game was made with consoles in mind. But luckily the kind of idiot elitists who get foaming at the mouth mad ad crytek 'abandoning the pc' only want the dx11 features to be there on show. They don't really care about how it's used.

It's the same as the people who mod minecraft or doom to include hideous parral mapping on every surface under the impression that MORE TECHNOLOGY = BETTER LOOKING.:poly142:
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    the screenshots really don't do the new features justice. sure the tesselation isn't really a "true" example of how/what it should be, but the game IS a lot prettier in DX11 mode if you actually play through it.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Just finished Crysis 2 (on the 360), and I gotta say; pretty bad game overall! Never took off for me at all. I feel it should be studied by game designers to find out exactly what went wrong with it and never have it repeated. I mean, all the elements are there, and the art is real nice, but they forgot the fun, but I can't tell whats missing :(

For one thing too much of it took place during the day; night-time is way more epic in cities people! :) 1st and 3rd acts should have been at night, with a break in the 2nd. I hope they go back to a jungle locale for the inevitable 3, 4, 5...

TACTICAL OPTIONS AVAILABLE: TRADE-IN

MAXIMUM CREDIT