Home General Discussion

The Walking Dead

Replies

• The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13

And Tyreese knows the group they need to deal with is Rick right? But Rick doesn't know Tyreese is with the Gov does he?

Yep to both.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    So they definitively should of looked into doing something about that back entrance then...
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    So they definitively should of looked into doing something about that back entrance then...

They talked about it for a few minutes and said that the amount of walkers in there would probably be too hard to deal with.
  • SnakeDoctor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnakeDoctor keyframe
    Anyone curious why Rick's group has done nothing about the huge entrance through the back way that Tyreese and his people came through. Not like they could do too much about it but from what I remember they didn't even look into it.

I thought Glenn took the truck and fixed it. I remember him leaving and then rushing back once the governor smashed the gate and let the zombies loose.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glenn went to check it out, but after the Governor's attack they never talked about it again. I guess why worry about a big hole in your house when the bad guy can just smash through the front door?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    holy crap, that was good. What an ending!
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    minus the terrible proposal, pretty good episode

based on the preview for next week:
    they looked to of been packing everything into the cars and not just weapons, hopefully they are done with the boring prison and next season is more exciting
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    ffffthhhfffff.....
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    makes you wish the previous episodes had been that good....
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Yeh pretty good episode.

I find I'm scolding myself for even sitting down to watch this though hah.

I hope they leave the prison too.
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    I still don't get some of the writing direction in this series. I bet the each of the characters would totally buy the extended warranty from their local Big Box retailer since the sales person just looked so darn trustful and for an extra $200 bucks it's a steal! Glenn can't do a proper proposal since the zombie apocalypse is just so darn hard on your love life. Yet Michonne will follow the person she least trusts into the deepest part of the prison, alone and with no one knowing they are down there, because what could seriously go wrong?

That being said, it was a good episode. Hopefully next week's is not 58 minutes of prepping and 2 minutes of action before a season ending cliffhanger as the attack is just ready to happen. I mean we all know there is a cliffhanger coming but I just want it to be after whatever happens at the prison.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I liked the episode, but I really dislike how they played out this season. Now it feels like they are rushing to conclude the prison timeline. And to top it off, they may not even finish the prison (though I hope they do). The prison was such a great time in the comics, but they've made it such a bore in the show.

I hope they are hearing the critiques that I've been hearing, and take a different approach next season. Otherwise, I suspect their ratings will start declining, and it will be too late to recover.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else notice the random clothing change they do in this show? Like Glenn's new plaid shirt and Rick's new jacket. Must be from stores near by considering the zombie's clothing are a little be over done on the wear and tear side. Which makes you think that they would change up their apparel a bit more then once a season.
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else notice the random clothing change they do in this show? Like Glenn's new plaid shirt and Rick's new jacket. Must be from stores near by considering the zombie's clothing are a little be over done on the wear and tear side. Which makes you think that they would change up their apparel a bit more then once a season.

No but I noticed Meryl's random tire rim change. In every shot he had the big flashy rims, except when it's the side drivers side shot showing him driving through that barn area he as the stock rims on the car. At first I thought maybe the car just had the big rims on the passenger side, but it doesn't as in the scene where he bails from the car you can clearly see the big rims on the drivers side.
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12

Actually I always thought changing clothes is a way to show seasons changing. Also makes sense why they do it so rarely... because new clothes are a luxury.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No but I noticed Meryl's random tire rim change. In every shot he had the big flashy rims, except when it's the side drivers side shot showing him driving through that barn area he as the stock rims on the car. At first I thought maybe the car just had the big rims on the passenger side, but it doesn't as in the scene where he bails from the car you can clearly see the big rims on the drivers side.

Haha, I noticed that too. He went from bling to spoked hubcaps. I was thinking I had just remembered them wrong (when they were bling).
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo wrote: »
    Actually I always thought changing clothes is a way to show seasons changing. Also makes sense why they do it so rarely... because new clothes are a luxury.

I don't think it's that big of a luxury. Carl and Michonne strolled into a town for a photo and some ugly toy, yet they can't make one trip to a decent clothing store and stalk up for everyone? I just find it out of sorts that suddenly two members of the group have new gear, and they never hinted at going anywhere that would allow them access to it which makes you think they had it from a previous trip... and that makes you think why the fuck have they not wore it sooner!

Sure you could argue that malls or whatnot would be filled with walkers, but hitting up a strip mall or a lesser known stand alone clothing store would be the better bet. AND MAYBE THEY CAN GET FOOD?! because from what I hear they have been running out of food for ever now - any you know... baby supplies : /

haha just keep smiling only one more episode left :P then maybe they can get back to the whole man vs. environment bit they seem to have lost along the way.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, in the comics, they actually had enough time, in the prison, to grow a garden. That's where Hershel's knowledge was key for their survival. In the show, they just talk about a garden, then start fucking around with the governor, and never grow shit.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Carl and Michonne strolled into a town for a photo and some ugly toy, yet they can't make one trip to a decent clothing store and stalk up for everyone?
    Maybe that's where they grabbed some new supplies. They weren't in a mad panic to leave the place due to any immediate danger, and happened to get other supplies as well (like the guns, and even that guy's backpack along the way).

I don't think you'd find too many strip malls in their scenario that would be well stocked on anything useful. There would probably be a great deal of looting in the initial days of the outbreak, followed by more than a year of people fending for themselves. They're not the only ones looking for clothes and food.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    notman wrote: »
    Haha, I noticed that too. He went from bling to spoked hubcaps. I was thinking I had just remembered them wrong (when they were bling).

Bling car was sick that day, so they brought in it's double.
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    Good thing Merle killed all of those extras! Seems like I had never seen 100% of those people he killed before. You think he would have maybe shot more than once in the direction of the governor instead of giving up after 1 bullet.

I could be remembering incorrectly though, he did seem to summersault out of those giant metal barn doors at some point.

If they were waiting to ambush Rick's group wouldn't they have seen a car driving towards their current position followed by 15-20 zombies? Oh that's right, they were going to meet Rick at 12:00PM not 11:55AM.

This show boggles my mind.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm pretty sure he had to reload after his shot at the governor. Then he was attacked by a zombie as he was doing so. Obviously, an extremely convenient attack, but still, I think that's why he didn't take a second shot.

It did seem to me, like the governor has a fairly large group, when they attack the prison. Larger than I thought they had when counting, especially after losing more after Merle's attack.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory wrote: »
    If they were waiting to ambush Rick's group wouldn't they have seen a car driving towards their current position followed by 15-20 zombies? Oh that's right, they were going to meet Rick at 12:00PM not 11:55AM.

hahaha
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

So that's why Meryl changed his rims! The gov's group was on the lookout for a black car on blingy 22's not spoke 13's. Meryl is a brilliant tactician.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Lol, you all certainly get a kick out of watching every week and then deconstructing the stupid parts.

Finally caught the new episode. Ahem... NOOOOOOO! Ending made me sad.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin wrote: »
    Lol, you all certainly get a kick out of watching every week and then deconstructing the stupid parts.

Basically lol, at least they get to maintain their ratings while we do it. Although I can't say the same for next season.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Definitely one of the better episodes, although I was expecting Merle to put up more of a fight til the bitter end. Instead the Governor, who up until this point has done little in terms of physical prowess in fighting, completely destroys him. Meanwhile Merle has pretty much kicked everyone's ass up until this point. I get that he was drunk, felt like he was beyond redemption and throwing himself to the wolves, but if he was so bent on helping his brother, I was hoping for a bigger throwdown.

Comparative nitpick aside, this is definitely one of the best episodes of the season, and the preview for the finale looks awesome, the grenade launcher taking out the guard tower makes me hope for the next level up from the fall of the farmhouse.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Good thing Merle killed all of those extras! Seems like I had never seen 100% of those people he killed before. You think he would have maybe shot more than once in the direction of the governor instead of giving up after 1 bullet.

I noticed Meryle shot that kid from the group that ended up at the prison few episodes back, wonder how that boy's dad going to take that mentally, if him/both aren't already dead.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really? I didn't realize that was him at all :(
    I did notice though that the first guy that got from that group used to run the whore house on season 1/2 of Justified;)
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, basically he blocked the kill shot on the Govener
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf wrote: »
    I noticed Meryle shot that kid from the group that ended up at the prison few episodes back, wonder how that boy's dad going to take that mentally, if him/both aren't already dead.

I think I remember seeing his pops die too.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas wrote: »
    I think I remember seeing his pops die too.

If so that was a pretty quick and painless way to solve that beef between them and Tyreese, and Tyreese's female friend whose name I have no clue of.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Imagine how happy they must have been after weeks of sleepless brainstorming sessions of how to resolve that conflict between pop and Tyreese until some guy had this great idea: "let's have someone shoot them!". Problem solved! I'm pretty sure the team went out and celebrated after that.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If so that was a pretty quick and painless way to solve that beef between them and Tyreese, and Tyreese's female friend whose name I have no clue of.

Im really bad at remember names of TV characters hah.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    On the talking dead, I don't think they mentioned them by name in the memoriam. I wasn't paying close attention though. I think they were suppose to be some randoms.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    On the talking dead, I don't think they mentioned them by name in the memoriam. I wasn't paying close attention though. I think they were suppose to be some randoms.

Yeah , I don't think the father died... I could have sworn I saw him standing next to the governor after it was "finished".
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But the son definitely took a bullet for the Gov that episode. Guess one wasn't enough then.
  • tottot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tottot polycounter lvl 10
    Meryl was the only character that brought any interest or dynamic to the group, show goes from boring to boring...er.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But the son definitely took a bullet for the Gov that episode. Guess one wasn't enough then.

If that's the case, then they broke another storyline from the comic, which I felt was kind of key. Then again, since Tyrese hasn't been with the group, I guess it won't matter.

And I didn't care for the 'dynamic' that Meryl brought to the group. I actually dreaded them bringing him back, after the first season (even though we knew it was coming). His personality isn't the type to blend with groups, so it never made sense to me that he was hooked up with the original group in the first place.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank slipsius for posting this on facebook:

"Undeniable Proof That "The Walking Dead" and "Toy Story" Have The Exact Same Plot.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/undeniable-proof-that-the-walking-dead-and-toy-story-have-th
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    His personality isn't the type to blend with groups, so it never made sense to me that he was hooked up with the original group in the first place.

I guess you missed the conversation Merle and Daryl had where Merle mentioned they were planning to rob that original camp at the Quarry and leave. After Merle was locked on the rooftop though Daryl just merged with the group.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

"Undeniable Proof That "The Walking Dead" and "Toy Story" Have The Exact Same Plot.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/undeniable-proof-that-the-walking-dead-and-toy-story-have-th

Superb.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator

lol. nice
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    I guess you missed the conversation Merle and Daryl had where Merle mentioned they were planning to rob that original camp at the Quarry and leave. After Merle was locked on the rooftop though Daryl just merged with the group.

Oh, that's right. I just forgot about it. My original opinion still stands though. I didn't like him in the group, and he didn't create a dynamic that I liked
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Tyrese and Morgan are both huge pivotal characters in the graphic novel, but the show makes me wonder why they bother trotting them out in rare scenes as anyone we should care for, it'll be nice to see them return to the main cast but who knows if that will ever happen.
  • tottot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tottot polycounter lvl 10
    and he didn't create a dynamic that I liked

That was my point, there is no group dynamic? Every character is bland and passive and follow Rick, the most boring leader ever. Theres nothing interesting about this group.

I think thats why outside characters seem so much more interesting on this show, I want to know more about people they stumble across only because those people might have something interesting going on.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tottot wrote: »
    I think thats why outside characters seem so much more interesting on this show, I want to know more about people they stumble across only because those people might have something interesting going on.

I still think of that poor hitchhiker from time to time, RIP.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    fuck that, andreas. walking dead has more spoilers than GoT. so WD comes first! 27 people die in WD tonight
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    well, that was good, but there were more commercials than show, and a little disappointed
    that the gov didnt die... another season with the prison? booo