Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack - Treythepunkid

Replies

• treythepunkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys. I'm no master at Photoshop, but i decided to give one of those fake update pages a try. I suck at writing so if i make any spelling mistakes/bad jokes just ignore them.

Anyway here it is!

abopack.jpg

By the way, still working on Shrunken Head. Hopefully i can finish it by the end of the contest..
  • Psyke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you may wanna include a small link on the bottom to this thread.

also i think you have enough items personally
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Of course he has enough, but the Shrunken Head fits so perfectly with his pack it would be a crime to dismiss it!
  • Indifference Engine
    Now that's just awesome.

Although personally I always liked the name "Didgeri-doom" better.
  • jgoodroad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you don't want to freak people out with a shrunkin head...make it a sack-head...with cartoony X's for eyes.
  • treythepunkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, the contest is pretty much over.

Packed all my models and textures up and send then down to Valve HQ, it kinda makes me sad in a way.

Its been great fun, I hope they do another real soon!
  • MacD11
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They will,hopefully one every season!
  • Polosko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This will hopefully win. Its good to see something nice than some pack with a crocodile hat or a harpoon. This pack makes the matches the sniper and his Australian back round. Good luck, friend.
  • treythepunkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polosko wrote: »
    This will hopefully win. Its good to see something nice than some pack with a crocodile hat or a harpoon. This pack makes the matches the sniper and his Australian back round. Good luck, friend.

Haha not bad for my first weapons models aye? Thanks for the luck man, I think i'm going to need it... While the other sniper packs might not fit the theme of the Sniper (To be honesy i think nreks theme fits more perfectly than my theme does with the sniper!), there quality is just so god like i cant help to think that they will win over me.

I know its a contest and such, but i would really prefer to see Nrek's Sidney Sleeper, or ScudzAlmighty's White Whaler get put into the game over my stuff. I think they deserve it more!

I would wish them both luck, but i don't think they need it!
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think you've got all that much to worry about trey, and the last too pics there are miles above epic;)
  • Al Capwn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya Mum Nz wrote: »
    use the scouts head if you do its small and as a sniper i hate scouts

THAT
    FITS
    PERFECTLY

In one of Scout's lines, he says

"You'll never hit me! You'll never hit my tiny little head! It's so tiny, you'll fricken'..."
  • Ikimono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just thought about a perfect change, make the lizard team colored! D:
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Trey, were you still trying out that Shrunken Head idea as an extra submission for the pack?
  • treythepunkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Khthon wrote: »
    Hey Trey, were you still trying out that Shrunken Head idea as an extra submission for the pack?

Yeah I am, but don't think I will finish before the contest is up (if it isn't already).

My ISP has been crapping out lately so haven't been able to get on the Internet at all from home. Luckly the school internet still works :)
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    This pack is so epic, I really want you to win. The Digeri-Die is the best weapon I've seen just because of the wordplay
  • nrek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    Congrats on a job well done Trey! Your pack has really been a fun one to watch evolve over the course of the contest. But I really think you need to give yourself some more credit here. Not only do each of your items ooze with creativity, they are also well done and working in game. Neither of which is an easy task. And man after seeing your final Didgeri-Die model I really felt the pressure to step up my own game :poly124:. Good luck man!
  • treythepunkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek wrote: »
    Congrats on a job well done Trey! Your pack has really been a fun one to watch evolve over the course of the contest. But I really think you need to give yourself some more credit here. Not only do each of your items ooze with creativity, they are also well done and working in game. Neither of which is an easy task. And man after seeing your final Didgeri-Die model I really felt the pressure to step up my own game :poly124:. Good luck man!

Hahah, well shucks man. Thanks a whole bunch! I have a hard time giving myself credit because i feel it makes me come off as arrogant.

This is one of the biggest reason i'm going to miss doing this competition. Its just been so light-hearted and fun to model along side some of the best and coolest community modelers, it feels less like a competition and more like a get together with the best community moders to make some really cool items for a game we all love!

Heres hoping we get another one of these soon!
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Trek - link me a new image please, ASAP. Yours is currently broken here and on the News page.
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Hosted for you - no bandwidth limit. :)

abopack.jpg
  • treythepunkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam wrote: »
    Trek - link me a new image please, ASAP. Yours is currently broken here and on the News page.

Your kidding me...

I am not at home, so I can't really help you.

Thank god for you JohnnySix, I love you!

What happen with my images?
  • treythepunkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm guessing imageshack is the one to blame for the image going down.

Any suggestions for a good image uploading site that i won't encounter this problem again?

That why once i get home in 2 hours I can fix the image problem straight away Adam.
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Trey - I'd use flickr. Never goes down.
  • treythepunkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Khthon wrote: »
    @Trey - I'd use flickr. Never goes down.

What has happened to my images? Has imageshack gone down?

Also, would Picasa be better/good enough?

Btw, sorry guys, ahh I wish i could do more from here! :poly127:

EDIT: Well stupid imageshack is lame. Adam, feel free to use Jonnys one, it will probably be more stable then another hosting website i can find...

Thanks again Jonny6!
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    HOLY SHIT.

My Bandwidth for an entire month blew out overnight. :poly136:

May need to stick up another Image shack one, jesus lol.

It's an awesome pack, really don't wanna see it missed 'cos of bandwidth, damn. :(

Actually - you tried deviant Art? Not sure what the limit is there, haven't seen that fail yet.

But yeah, I thought I had unlimited bandwidth on my host lol.. Shit..
  • EvilShadow777
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tinypic works well, despite the fact it converts everything to jpg automatically. It's kinda strange since you'll get jpg files with animations if you upload animated gifs. Still though, it fully preserves the image despite the conversion.
  • Bobi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually that's just the link creating thing they've got messed up. It stays the same file type, it's just the link that they make sticks the .jpg file extension on everything. If you were to take the link and replace the .jpg with .png you get the exact same image.

Well actually anything past the character before the file extension doesn't change the image, so you could put .jdflbgldfbg or even erase it completely and the image wouldn't change.
  • treythepunkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT.

My Bandwidth for an entire month blew out overnight. :poly136:

May need to stick up another Image shack one, jesus lol.

It's an awesome pack, really don't wanna see it missed 'cos of bandwidth, damn. :(

Actually - you tried deviant Art? Not sure what the limit is there, haven't seen that fail yet.

But yeah, I thought I had unlimited bandwidth on my host lol.. Shit..

Haha this is so crazy, but thanks man for the time you could keep it up and im glad you like my pack! I haven't tried Deviant Art, and now thinking about it that would probably be a MUCH better host than imageshack.

Looking at one of the contestants images i saw they used a place called "imgur", and they haven't been shutdown due to bandwidth. I have already sent Adam my link there and updated the front page with the imgur one. Again, i'm in the situation that i am not at home so i cant really do anything from here.

When i get home i will host it on Deviant Art, and that should be good enough.

Sorry again guys!
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a Pro Flickr account if you want me to host anything. You should be all right, though.
  • Polosko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great pack. If you build it, you will win.