Home Technical Talk

Blender Mega Thread

Replies

• kio
    Offline / Send Message
    kio polycounter lvl 13

It's not supported out of the box. There are a few addons that try to adress this.

I think the vanilla approach is to link into multiple scenes, but I feel this is a bit annoying.

It's also very easy to write your own small render script - which is what I do ;)
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    @kio I could try that, sure. But, how would you go about working on a scene like that? What I do now is have in different workspaces a viewport window with its own focal length and framing (horizontal or vertical), for the way I want the respective shot to be. Could you give me any suggestions on how to create a script like that?  :)
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop interpolator
    Does anyone managed to recreate  instances on face  in Blender geo nodes?
  • Defunct
    Offline / Send Message
    Defunct polycounter lvl 7
    gnoop said:
    Does anyone managed to recreate  instances on face  in Blender geo nodes?

Like this?
  • wirrexx
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx sublime tool
    Quick question to kings and queens of blender.

I have two cubes, with one of them being duplicated link (aka Instanced).
    however, when Applying a Subdivision modifier on my main one, it's not being shown on the duplicated one. I want to work with one that is straight and the second a lil bit rotated (matching a reference). But this for some reason is not possible? or is it?
  • Cake_Seller
    wirrexx said:

however, when Applying a Subdivision modifier on my main one, it's not being shown on the duplicated one. I want to work with one that is straight and the second a lil bit rotated (matching a reference). But this for some reason is not possible? or is it?
    As far as I know, it's not possible in Blender to have linked modifiers (although someone says you can use library overrides, but to be honest I don't know how to use them).
    When you create duplicated link you only link object data (that is a mesh). So you need to copy modifiers to linked duplicate manually. More on how to do that: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/319/add-the-same-modifier-to-multiple-objects-at-once
  • wirrexx
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx sublime tool
    wirrexx said:

As far as I know, it's not possible in Blender to have linked modifiers (although someone says you can use library overrides, but to be honest I don't know how to use them).
    When you create duplicated link you only link object data (that is a mesh). So you need to copy modifiers to linked duplicate manually. More on how to do that: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/319/add-the-same-modifier-to-multiple-objects-at-once
    thank you!