Home Stickies

What Are You Working On? 2010 Edition!

Replies

• Sandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haven't posted anything in this awesomo thread for a long time :)

Anyways, I got chance to mess around with vray.. Fun fun fun...

848_large.jpg

And I'm making my own scifi-ish version of doc zoidberg from futurama :)

zoidberg.jpg

docalpha02.jpg

zooe.jpg
  • Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    wow, Love the Zoidberg Model! I cant wait to see it finished!
  • {scumworks}
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice stiff' people!

UDK wip sh1t.

ruin_wip.jpg
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox wrote: »
    bitmap: really nice, dunno what it could be used for but its looking nice :D

@vitor: cool stuff!

ok worked further on the rendersetup and genereal proportions, didn't tweak the eyebrows that much, dunno why they don#t render right, will look into that later

a_03c.jpg

lolo
    you can use the icons on the desktop for specific folders ahah.

check my desktop
    089.jpg

i have Clean Up folder with randon shit that needs to be cleaned and a To Do folder..

Also.. that pedobear icon (which i also did) is for lulz related material.
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    very cool Scum, veryyyyyy cool.
  • TheBlade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey people, well im workin on a famas, ive only just started and got a basic block model, nuhting too impressive, but im now going to start adding alot of detail so it will look very good when im done with it. too ye..
    w9b6u0.png
    i will keep you guys posted....

Blade
  • paulsvoboda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    paulsvoboda polycounter lvl 12
    @Sneekyazn - Thanks - It's a Normal Render using Maya Software with AO over it and then a Sharpen and slight colour adjustment in PS.
  • Rapante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rapante polygon
    nice Icons bitmap!

this is the first basic tileset of my newest personal project. it's basically a modular system of road tiles (so far) which will allow me to build up a city fairly quickly. :poly142:

it is rather low poly (694 unique tris, but 122 when instanced) as my aim would be to get this running on devices like iPad or similar spec. I also aim for a rather clean simplistic look.

Atm I am still working on the textures for this set, but I thought I'd share what I got done today.

will do another 2-3 basic tilesets with different base style (so I can make different zones - eg. commercial, residential areas etc.) once that's done I will start making buildings

let me know what you think

minicity01.png
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    @ Sandro Love the style on the renders. The doc is looking REALLY cool. Looking forward to see how it turns out :)

@ bitmap haha, how is the selling going? :D They look really neat!

I'm done with the UV mapping. Maya's packing function REALLY sucks. Spent like two hours of just packing by hand. And i'm done with the bake's, and some detail work. Some text should be there to soon.. Landed on 2966 tris.. i think i'll aim for a 44 tris bullet to (:

ab2tk8.jpg

2elbaqh.jpg
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    sltrOlsson wrote: »
    Revolver

Should've kept the holes in the cylinder IMO.
  • kite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite polycounter lvl 17
    cool take on zoidberg sandro!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Very little progress :(

ibanez_wip_08.jpg
  • Nilix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dolfosreferences.jpg
    By nilixdelnori
    That's the reference. I'm also going to put scales on its body. I just didn't want to draw them on the ref.

laprasturtle.jpg
    By nilixdelnori
    Progress so far.
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    gauss wrote: »
    ughhh ok finally finished out the hipoly (wait: maybe a detail or two on the magwell). thank you racer and everyone else who has encouraged me, now to tear out all my hair for the bake.

ak74su10.jpg[img][/img]ak74su10_wires.jpg[img][/img]

Good fucking boy! (Y)
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    God, just call it Lapras and be done with it.

haha.

Really, though, should be cool! Zspheres are a mystery to me, but they seem to work well if you know how to work 'em.
    Let's hope you do.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss wrote: »
    ughhh ok finally finished out the hipoly (wait: maybe a detail or two on the magwell). thank you racer and everyone else who has encouraged me, now to tear out all my hair for the bake.

ak74su10.jpg
    ak74su10_wires.jpg

loads of inaccuracies dude, i dont see the Dare Dicks logo anywhere
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    zenarion wrote: »
    robot make face: õ_õ
    looks really cool. any chance there is a timelapse video of you making it?

nah sorry, I did it over the course of a couple random doodle sessions.

@sandro - That zoidburg is great, the bust is also sweet
  • Sisqo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Havent had much time to work on this.. slow progress

still lots of inaccuracies and missing pieces but I will finish it soon I hope.
    benellim4wip2.jpg
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slaught polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome work guys!

@dfacto
    I love it.
    Goes right into the inspiration folder!

@Sandro
    Haha sweet!

Wip:
    catwarrior02.jpg
  • Zack Fowler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    There's been a lot of great stuff in here lately!

I've been working on something more along the lines of an illustration rather than concept for once. Gotta say, I struggled a lot with this one. Need more practice!

zf_mech_final.jpg
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    I second DKK, I wish I had those 2d skill you have buddy, one day I need to start cracking down on that, you da man zack!

Oh and mop... natural finishes are icky :P Looks nice though!
  • commander_keen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commander_keen polycounter lvl 18
    Rapante wrote: »
    nice Icons bitmap!

this is the first basic tileset of my newest personal project. it's basically a modular system of road tiles (so far) which will allow me to build up a city fairly quickly. :poly142:

it is rather low poly (694 unique tris, but 122 when instanced) as my aim would be to get this running on devices like iPad or similar spec. I also aim for a rather clean simplistic look.

Atm I am still working on the textures for this set, but I thought I'd share what I got done today.

will do another 2-3 basic tilesets with different base style (so I can make different zones - eg. commercial, residential areas etc.) once that's done I will start making buildings

let me know what you think

minicity01.png

Looks good, but if you want to use it on a portable device like iphone/ipad you shouldnt care much about instancing geometry. Your better off making it a single mesh/material for less draw calls. Also do you really need that much geometric detail? Where is the camera going to be? maybe you should just bake the entire block down to a single plane, maybe a plane with a bevel at the sidewalks.

If its for something like a GTA game where the camera is only about 100 feet above the ground and always facing mostly down then what you have should work great.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    MoP: I've never understand your love to these strange machines which makes these scary noises but the modeling is nice!
    more closeups next time though!

Zack Fowler: love it! only the tube looks to flat in two dimensions (roundness and depth)
    and these pillars that hold the tube are way to simple and boring looking for using so much screen space.
    in short, tube - bad ;)
    but except that its looking really nice!

gauss, nice :) paint it pink and call it finished ;)

Slaught: nice proportions

dfacto: !!
  • Szark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Szark polycounter lvl 12
    Love it, Zack! I agree with rollin's comments. :)
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    still need to bake mag fff
    bakeroo.jpg
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Damn Harry spot on
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    loads of inaccuracies dude, i dont see the Dare Dicks logo anywhere

HATERS CAN HATE BUT DARDICK 4 LYFE

I really liked finishing up the AK high poly, and before launching into the whole process of the full bake I thought I might just relax on Sunday afternoon with a little more sub-d, cement the new skills into place. Well, my complete inability to budget or estimate time meant that "the afternoon" became "all night."

but now at 5am i have another completed weapon in high poly. so there.

The Dardick 1500 pistol is a really odd duck. (Read up about it's special triangular shaped trounds, twenty round revolver that cycled from an internal magazine and fed from clips. What?). It's an engineer's delight, and the market proved it a gunhaver's general horror, all wrapped up in looks only a mother could love. These days it's the essence of a rare collector's item/esoteric ammo collector's honeypot.

Anyway I think I might wait to tackle the AK and just bake the Dardick first, since it's much simpler.

dardick15k_1.jpg
    dardick15k_2.jpg
    dardick15k_1wires.jpg

The Dardick 1500 will be featured in my upcoming game. I invite you to do the same.

ref: 2hqs10j.jpg
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    that thing is all kinds of funny. Reminds me of ummm

some kind of rifle from the 50s that actually fired tiny rockets

ah here we go
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet

not REALLY similar at all but like, similar level of outlandishness

PS. developing erection for Gauss
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    @jmiles - Fantastic job on the sword - I really like how it turned out and it looks a whole lot better than some of the darker versions you posted earlier. Well done.
    @catstyle - Looking Awesome - really, just a great job on the gun - some of the patterns are a bit hard to make out but with if you seperate them through the texture I'm sure they'll turn out fine. I look forward to seeing all of this finished.

I think I'll call the HP done:
    4605657796_69aae462e2_b.jpg

im gonna steal the round part details for my project, is that ok?

:o
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry: You've got some normal errors, and I'm curious whether the backside of the grip is meant to curve inwards in the middle? It seemed strange to me, but might actually be correct, I can't be sure.
    Also, it looks like you have to turn some edges, look at the specular highlight on the safety (I think? The thing on the back, up top?)
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    @ Harry I think it looks good besides some inaccuracies. Hope you don't mind a paintover (:

10wmv6t.jpg

@ gauss You have a smoothing error on the hole at the front. A really cool weapon :D
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    MightyPea wrote: »
    Harry: You've got some normal errors, and I'm curious whether the backside of the grip is meant to curve inwards in the middle? It seemed strange to me, but might actually be correct, I can't be sure.
    Also, it looks like you have to turn some edges, look at the specular highlight on the safety (I think? The thing on the back, up top?)

It just looks like that cause of the envmap i carelessly slapped on. Some of the errors are probably aggravated by that too... But I know there are a couple. Im not sure what you mean about the safety, but the thing IRL is a pretty bizarre shape,
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2533/3888715693_6166b7f992.jpg
    does that confirm whether you're seeing an error or just a weirdly shaped object?

sltrOlsson, The logo and checkering i'm putting on in photoshop, the grip grooves are on now and i'll probably put the trigger guard grooves on in photoshop.
    I see what you mean with there needing to be a curve at the bottom of the trigger guard, its kinda too late to be worth fixing now buttttt i'll see if i can just fudge it by shifting polies around
    I'll post an update when i have enough done to warrant an update, don't wanna keep spamming beretta pics with minor edits
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    Page 158: MAJOR gunwank. :P
  • almighty_gir
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
  • sltrOlsson
  • almighty_gir
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    Harry wrote: »
    It just looks like that cause of the envmap i carelessly slapped on. Some of the errors are probably aggravated by that too... But I know there are a couple. Im not sure what you mean about the safety, but the thing IRL is a pretty bizarre shape,
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2533/3888715693_6166b7f992.jpg
    does that confirm whether you're seeing an error or just a weirdly shaped object?

sltrOlsson, The logo and checkering i'm putting on in photoshop, the grip grooves are on now and i'll probably put the trigger guard grooves on in photoshop.
    I see what you mean with there needing to be a curve at the bottom of the trigger guard, its kinda too late to be worth fixing now buttttt i'll see if i can just fudge it by shifting polies around
    I'll post an update when i have enough done to warrant an update, don't wanna keep spamming beretta pics with minor edits

Harry his comment on the safety actually referred to the hammer - in your rear view you can see your spec highlight is at a slant instead of going straight across, just means you need to turn some edges in the low poly to get that working correctly.
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    24n4kqq.jpg
    Great job Chris, Looks dead on with the concept.
  • paulsvoboda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    paulsvoboda polycounter lvl 12
    Lonewolf wrote: »
    im gonna steal the round part details for my project, is that ok?

:o

:) - please man - go ahead.

@ Zack Fowler - That's Beautiful man - all you're paintings show a beautiful use of Greens. Awesome stuff
  • Spatz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spatz polycounter lvl 13
    Sandro wrote: »
    Haven't posted anything in this awesomo thread for a long time :)

Anyways, I got chance to mess around with vray.. Fun fun fun...

848_large.jpg

And I'm making my own scifi-ish version of doc zoidberg from futurama :)

docalpha02.jpg

COOL STUFF! more please...
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry, Ghostscape's right. I'm the furthest thing from a gun-nut you can imagine, hah!

So yeah, the hammer's got skewed highlights.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    nice renders sandro.
    this is a warning never to animate when drunk
    tard2.gif
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Glofiish_viewport.png
    mah fone. 200 tris and a 512²

edit: Ruz:
    Why not? Animation looks fiiine.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Ruz, that's hilarious. :P
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Ruz: omg thats awesome...a little more swagger it would be gold.
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    MightyPea wrote: »
    Harry, Ghostscape's right. I'm the furthest thing from a gun-nut you can imagine, hah!
    So yeah, the hammer's got skewed highlights.

OHHHHH ahahahah

Ruz wrote: »
    nice renders sandro.
    this is a warning never to animate when drunk
    tard.gif[IMG][/img]

lm*f*ao no way thats a real product of drunkenness, you purpousefully made it hilarious
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    lol pleased you think its funny.I am a serious artist here:0)
  • MartinH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    your experimental animation is growing on me Ruz! i think you updated it recently, it's got some nice marching while completely blitzed wibe now that i can really appreciate!

what makes it even more hilarious is the totally straight face on the character which totally works, since most drunk people try their best to look sober, esp in a sober crowd.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Spatz wrote: »
    COOL STUFF! more please...

Finish zoidberg please.
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    can't really fix the bottom of the trigger guard but i'm more or less done with all the baking stuff
    bret.jpg
This discussion has been closed.